Younique Stiff Upper Lip (Lip Stain)

Younique Stiff Upper Lip (Lip Stain)
Stiff Upper Lip (Lip Stain)

2.8

on 6/9/2017 11:00:00 AM

I'm honestly not sure why everyone has a problem with this. I got one as a gift, and I love it!

I exfoliated and moisterized my lips beforehand​. I blotted off the extra Chapstick, and applied the stain. It lasted all day through eating and drinking.

I used a lip brush to move the product around on my lips after using their applicator, used a blow dryer to dry it (I was short on time), and did about another 1-2 layers like that. Honestly lasted all day at work, and took a good scrubbing with a micellar cloth to get off.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Would not recommend.

on 4/20/2017 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like these. They do not have the staying power that they are supposed to. Not even an hour after applying it was mostly gone. Its too expensive to have to worry about applying it every hour.

on 4/9/2017 11:06:00 AM

Bought this from a friend at a Younique Party. Was told this would last ALL day...through eating, drinking, etc. Bought 2 colors: Shy & Sultry. Shy is the lightest of all the shades, and Sultry is a gorgeous burgundy. Tried the Sultry...VERY difficult to apply with the wand that is exactly like a gloss applicator. Waited for it to dry COMPLETLY. (NOTE: I exfoliated my lips before applying.) Waited and waited and waited. Probably a good 1/2 hour. Had a glass of WATER. Checked my look in the mirror, and it was COMING OFF! WHAT? And NOT just a little...it was GONE off the inner part of my lips. UNBELIEVABLE. SO disappointed. Tried the Shy a couple days later. To my SURPRISE, it actually stayed on longer, but NO WAY do these last ALL DAY. They are NOT worth the price!

on 4/8/2017 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I chose colors that were closed to what I usually buy, and they way too bright. The colors were just awful. Also, it came right off.

on 4/8/2017 8:33:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but I just don't. It applies very splotchy and uneven. I tried the product several times and it was splotchy every time, and it just looked gross on my lips. It did last a really long time, though, and the color was pretty.

I reviewed the Younique Lip Stain in the shade “Shy”.
I have to say that this product is too dry for my lips. My lips looked like dry bacon without any hydration. However, the Lip Stain stayed one my lips while I was testing it.
You’ll see more information about the product when you’re watching the video.

on 12/11/2016 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Expensive for what you get. I bought this from a 'friend' who is selling younique products, which seem to be hit and miss in terms of quality and colors.

I've used better lipstains. Hard to apply consistently with the wand, I ended up breaking out a lipstick brush for a better application. Color did not stay on very long considered I had to apply two layers of this stain. Lessons learned on this one.

on 12/5/2016 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not a consistent product at all.

The 1st time I purchased Sultry because my friend worse it. It was a gorgeous reddish magenta shade on her. However, when mine arrived...it was brown with a touch of red. It also came off in patches within the first hour. Not attractive at all.

A few months later, a couple of friends that are presenters, assured me it must have been a bad tube. So I decided to try Skittish. It arrived and was a gorgeous bright pink that lasts all day.

My mom is always complimenting my Skittish, so I decided to pick up a few tubes for her. I got her Saucy & Sappy. They're both brown, just like my first tube! I tried it on my hand, on my lips, and in different lighting. Still brown, brown, brown.

I don't know if they have labeling problems, temperature instability, or lack of quality control...but they're not worth the money if you can't even get the color described by the company.

on 9/2/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

First of all, this lip stain is very expensive in my world. I bought it to support a co-worker who sells this brand and this one lip stain cost me $22 AND $5.50 shipping! Seriously, $27.50!!!! The lip stain is "alright" but no, I will not repurchase.

Pros:
-It does last all day
-I love the shade
-You can layer lip gloss over this all day and it doesn't seem to affect the wear (but you will need lip gloss or petroleum jelly to combat the dryness, but I do that without lip stain so...)

Cons:
-It is INCREDIBLY difficult to apply evenly! Because it's a bit watery, it tends to "pool" in places. Spreading it with a Q-tip takes a lot of it off so it requires at least 2 thin layers. That watery consistency also means the lip stain coats the applicator unevenly, making it very tricky to transfer to your lips evenly because you'll get none then a glob that you try to spread, but it's like trying to finger paint when you just leave an empty streak behind with a ridge of glop on each side. Very frustrating!
-The color holds much stronger in dryer areas so where my lips meet each other has a darker shade than the rest of my lips. I can "remedy" that to a degree with multiple thin applications, but seriously...I spend nearly as long applying this as I do applying my foundation!
-By the end of the day, I have a lip stain line around the outside of my lips....like ring around the collar. I could remedy this with an re-application mid-afternoon, but in my opinion this lip stain is already too labor intensive so I refuse to baby it any more than necessary.

If this lip stain could be applied in one layer evenly, then I would consider it worth the cost because it really does have a beautiful shade and long-lasting power. If you have the knack for it (and don't mind the cost) then it's totally worth it...but for me, too much effort, too much money.