NYX Brow Mascara

Brow Mascara

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Brunette is a soft brown shade. The bristle end of the wand is about half the length of a mascara wand and the formula is neither too wet nor too dry, it applies evenly and keeps brow hairs in place all day. It is almost a good as my favorite (L'Oréal Brow Stylist Plumper in Medium/Dark) brow gel/mascara. The L'Oréal one has a smaller spoolie but a wetter formula. NYX is cruelty-free and the formula is a little drier which gives it the edge from a re-purchase standpoint. I’d rate this a 4.5 out of 5 lippies.

I use this to fill in my brows, just this, as my brows aren't too sparse and partly because I can't be bothered with using a brow pencil or powder. I do wipe a lot of the excess product off the brush because if I don't my brows would be way to dramatic, so that is a little of a downside.

on 12/14/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think they changed the color names - I used to use "espresso" but now the darker/ashy color is sold as "black". Luckily it's not actually black (marketing fail, NYX? I almost didn't buy it.) I have dark brown brows that are fairly full but fading with age and have gaps in them here and there. This mascara is so easy to brush on and the pigment will graze the skin and baby hairs and fill in gaps in the shape with no effort. And of course hold s the brow shape as a mascara is supposed to do. Great buy, great find.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love this , really helpful when I'm in a hurry, lasts all day looks very natural, will def buy again

on 12/4/2017 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in my quest for a Benefit Gimme Brow dupe and am surprisingly satisfied with this for giving a nice, natural look. As with all of NYX's products, this mascara is a very good deal, and you wouldn't feel bad re-purchasing it. A really great, basic eyebrow mascara for those looking for a quick way to make your brows stand out. The mascara itself is nice and dark and does a great job at lasting for several hours - I'd dare even say until the end of the day. Obviously, this is not the only product one should use if sculpted, 'on fleek' eyebrows are your intended look. This is more for darkening the brows for an everyday, casual look.

The wand is a bit big and the gel does end up on the rest of your forehead sometimes, but I don't find that a huge deal.

on 11/18/2017 7:15:00 AM

Excellent drugstore brow mascara. Volumises slightly and doesn't lean too warm-toned, lasts throughout the day. Very good value for a low price. My ONLY negative - and this is a biggie for me - is that the wand is too big. I'd always end up applying product to the skin around my eyebrows :(

on 11/7/2017 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this everyday!! I have the espresso color and it is so easy to use. This is how I shape my brows daily. It adds color and shape and I’m very happy with the way my brows look effortlessly shaped. When I want a more dramatic look, I use this with the micro brow pencil by nyx and it looks amazing.

I bought this product as a cheaper alternative to my other 2 faves, ABH brow gel and Glossier's boy brow. It's a dead ringer for ABH's taupe/blonde shade, and I like the wand on NYX's better. This shade is better than Glossier's blonde shade, as it's too warm/reddish for my coloring, but I like the tiny brush on BB more. I have really full brows though, so the size of NYX's is not a deal breaker for me, I just have to be more careful. Lasts all day, even after I sweat, and my face sweat is prolific! Truly a quality value product. I will not overpay for brow gel ever again, I'm an NYX convert.

I have used quite a few different brands and versions of brow gels. This is my current one and probably my favourite overall. I am useless at doing the whole brow thing, so I like the idea of a brow mascara as it is pretty simple to use and gives my thin brows a bit of pizzazz. I purchased "brunette" as experience has taught me not to buy the lightest colour. I apply this by first brushing it through my brows in an upward motion and then swiping sideways. I apply three coats of this and I am good to go. This gives decent colour payoff and seems to hold my brows in place. If you want really "on fleek" brows, then you probably need to add a few more steps to your routine, but if you want your brows neat and held in place, then this should be enough.

Very quick and easy to apply, it'll darken and thicken your eyebrows and keep them looking great for 2ish hours. After that it looks like someone literally just rubbed dirt into your eyebrows. The only time i'll use this is if i'm in a rush tbh.

Popular Brows Products