NYX Professional Makeup Brow Mascara

NYX Professional Makeup Brow Mascara
Brow Mascara

4.4

on 4/14/2018 7:31:00 AM

Bought the shade “Chocolate” which is a medium brown. It tints my brows really well & plenty of product and the brush is a good size. however the product is really thick so probably need to have a light hand while using it

on 4/9/2018 2:52:00 PM

I really like this brow mascara/gel. It tints my brows just the right amount, looks very natural. Keeps brows in place, lasts all day. I have the shade "brunette" and it is a great neutral brown for me. The size of the brush is okay, could be slightly smaller but it's not too big. Very easy to use. Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have weird eyebrows. The hairs are long, but they aren’t thick. But they also aren’t thin. “Sparse” isn’t quite the right word, but I don’t know how to describe them any better than that. Also, they are on the lighter side of medium brown.

Since my hair is dyed black and is naturally dishwater blonde, I always fill in my eyebrows so they match my hair better. I’m trying to go for a more natural look these days though, and pomades/dark powders/pencils tend to create too “done” of a look.

So, I got this in the shade Black. It actually is not black, it’s a dark brown... but I appreciate the fact that it has no red or orange undertones like most brow gels in this price range tend to have. But it’s just not as dark as I hoped. My eyebrows do look noticeably thicker, but they aren’t much darker at all really, only subtly — which is strange to me because my eyebrows aren’t very dark to begin with and this product is supposed to be black. So I was a bit disappointed by that.

It would probably give better results for my type of eyebrow if I were to use powder with it, but that’s an extra step that I’m trying not to do anymore. I don’t feel weird going out with only this on my eyebrows though. It keeps my brows from disappearing against my hair color, which is the important thing.

I like the applicator and the formula. It’s very easy to use and maneuver, and you’d have to really be trying to overload the brush and apply too much product. I’ll continue to buy this, I just wish it was a teeeensy bit darker pigmented...

on 2/5/2018 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's been a long while since I last used brow gel/tint/mascara regularly. When I was younger I'd dye my hair fun colours, bleach my eyebrows and colour them back in. I didn't like ABH because the tints then were super matte, wet, goopy, and harsh looking. MAC brow set was decent if I took half the product off the wand first. Drugstore variations were a joke because they all looked orange. There weren't great options. Now we're spoiled for brow products, which is great, because my brows are going grey so fast that if I keep plucking them I'll have barely any left.

This brow "mascara" (seems like a weird distinction but it makes sense) has stellar reviews and they're well deserved.

I picked up a few colours due to lack of faith at the drugstore, chocolate, brunette, and espresso. Chocolate seems like a decent colour for someone with auburn hair. Brunette is neither too warm nor too ashy, being a yellow leaning brown it would suit a wide range of brunettes or dark blondes. Espresso is great for beyond a level 5 brunette, it's deep brown without being harsh or leaning green. My hair sits at about a 5 or 4 right now since it hasn't been highlighted in years, and espresso suits me best, even with sun deprived winter skin.

The formula is neither too dry nor too wet. There were no clumps to tidy up afterward and I didn't have to wipe any excess off the brush. I could press a little to get some onto my skin, filling in any small patches easily enough. It didn't result in an unnatural block brow look. When I checked my makeup in the mirror later I'd completely forgotten that it was on, it didn't look like makeup at all, just more symmetrical youthful brows (which is exactly what I want from my makeup on the day-to-day).

I'm very impressed. I was going to splurge on boy brow but it looks gloopy in the photos and the reviews indicate that it clumps so I'm sticking with this one.

Edit: I bought mine at SDM Canada, they were on sale for $5, regular about $10.

on 2/4/2018 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The formulation isn't highly pigmented but the texture is nice and it doesn't smear. I tried this in "Chocolate" which is a misnomer, since it's more of a brownish-cocoa shade than a dark brown. Too dark-orangey for me (my HG is anything Anastasia in Taupe). If you can find a shade that works for you, it's a good drug store alternative to the high-end stuff.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have pretty full eyebrows, but I do have a few sparse spots and this fills everything up nicely and looks natural. I have the shade blonde which I was worried would look too yellow/warm toned but on the brows it's a true taupe. The only downside is it can easily give block brows if you aren't careful.

I'm not sure how well this would do if you actually need to sculpt/build your brows, this is probably better suited for those who need very minimal brow work.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Brunette is a soft brown shade. The bristle end of the wand is about half the length of a mascara wand and the formula is neither too wet nor too dry, it applies evenly and keeps brow hairs in place all day. It is almost a good as my favorite (L'Oréal Brow Stylist Plumper in Medium/Dark) brow gel/mascara. The L'Oréal one has a smaller spoolie but a wetter formula. NYX is cruelty-free and the formula is a little drier which gives it the edge from a re-purchase standpoint. I’d rate this a 4.5 out of 5 lippies.

I use this to fill in my brows, just this, as my brows aren't too sparse and partly because I can't be bothered with using a brow pencil or powder. I do wipe a lot of the excess product off the brush because if I don't my brows would be way to dramatic, so that is a little of a downside.

on 12/14/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think they changed the color names - I used to use "espresso" but now the darker/ashy color is sold as "black". Luckily it's not actually black (marketing fail, NYX? I almost didn't buy it.) I have dark brown brows that are fairly full but fading with age and have gaps in them here and there. This mascara is so easy to brush on and the pigment will graze the skin and baby hairs and fill in gaps in the shape with no effort. And of course hold s the brow shape as a mascara is supposed to do. Great buy, great find.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love this , really helpful when I'm in a hurry, lasts all day looks very natural, will def buy again

Popular Brows Products