4.4

$8.70 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

a month ago

On my second tube now and really liking it. There are lots of great brow products on the market but for the price, this one does the job and does it well. I use this on my brows every single day for a natural filled in look. It gives my brows good colour and coverage without looking like I filed them in, like a brow tint. For more definition I will layer this on top of my anastazia dipbrow. Important Note: This product doesn't work under other brow pencils/gels, it always has to go on top, otherwise it clumps.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrown

EyesBrown

3.0

8 months ago

It's ok. Nothing special.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

8 months ago

My favourite brow product! So quick and easy to use. Just few swipes fills in sparse areas and gives a lovely natural fullness that looks so good and polished for everyday wear but not overdone. This also builds up well for a more intense brow look. I have the colour espresso which adds a lovely coffee brown tint to my brows. It lasts the whole day and keeps brows in place.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

10 months ago

This is my go-to brow makeup! I don’t wear much makeup 80% of the time and when I don’t I just use this by itself to give my brows some shape and a little definition. On days when I wear more makeup I just go in first with a brow pencil and follow it up with this for even more definition and stay power. Love this stuff!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I absolutely adore this, NYX has really killed it. For reference, I have pretty thick brows that have a few sparse areas. I usually like to fill them in with either a pencil or powder and I always put a brow gel over top to keep this in place or things go pretty south by midday. I was using Glossier's Boy Brow for the longest time but got annoyed with A) the small tube and wand and B) with having to reorder it online. I purchased this on a whim after reading some reviews online and am so glad I did. I love that the wand is a bit more flexible and the spoolie itself is a little bit bigger than Boy Brow's, I feel like these two things combined gives me better control and I can get my brows filled in faster. Since picking this up I haven't been using a powder or pencil beforehand, only when I'm going out and want a bolder look. I think that this fills in my brows simultaneously as coating them with the mascara whereas Boy Brow had a tendency to leave gaps in my brows. Apologies for the comparison to Glossier, I'm not shading them, Boy Brow is still a good product. It's just my main frame of reference because I was using it for so long. I really don't see the point in paying any more than a tenner for a brow gel/mascara considering how quickly they are used up.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

I was able to completely transition out of using brow pencils to fill in my eyebrows because of this brow mascara. It's just as pigmented! Downsides of this product are that it doesn't hold my brow hairs too well (eg. too thick and gets weighed down if I try to brush my brows up for the day). It also feels quite crunchy compared to other brow gels I have tried. Nonetheless, the pros outweigh the cons for me in this case and I've repurchased this over and over again. Plus, the price is rather affordable too.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBrown

a year ago

I'm not super experienced with eyebrow products and just started using them regularly this year. I have used Anastasia clear brow gel, Shu Uemera Hard Formula pencil in Seal Brown, and NYX Brow Mascara in Brunette. I've also used Maybelline Great Lash in clear (wouldn't recommend this one for brows). My hair is dyed light ash blonde, and my natural hair color (and eyebrow color) is light brown, maybe around a 6. NYX Brow Mascara is the product I've tried that probably does the best job on its own. The other ones I've used have to be paired to really get the look I want. For the record, I've never been a fan of that hyper stylized, defined, Kardashian style arched brow. I'm going more for the bushy, slightly unkempt, 80s Brooke Shields vibe. If you're going for the same eyebrow look, this product is a good one to reach for. Brunette is a good dark/medium brown ashy shade. I was worried it would be too dark because of the name (I'm not a brunette) but I went by the color swatches, and it ended up being a great match. This one does a great job of plumping up my eyebrows and making them look fuller on its own, without the help of a pencil. It looks very natural. It also has moderate hold and is pretty good at keeping the shape I want (brushed up), but usually by mid-day they've fallen a bit. Anastasia brow gel in clear is quite amazing for hold, so sometimes if I'm feeling extra I'll follow the NYX mascara with the Anastasia to really keep the shape I want all day. Biggest con, which is to be expected with any mascara, is that it can be a little clumpy. However with practice using it, it's really not that bad. I have to be especially careful in sparser areas like towards the outer brow, because when there's less hair for the product to cling to, I can wind up with little dots or tiny streaks of product that need to be taken care of. I don't have to be careful in the thicker inner brow, but on the outer brow I just need to be extra slow and use a very light hand. I would definitely recommend a clean spoolie to brush and even out the product after you've applied it. Also I've had the best results by applying the mascara in the direction my eyebrows naturally grow, then using a clean eyebrow brush/spoolie to go in and brush the eyebrows in the way I want them to go. If I try to shape the direction of the hairs with the mascara brush, it's more prone to clumps. Anyways at the end of the day, I'm very happy with this product and likely will repurchase. It works really well, especially for the price. What would make it a perfect 5/5 product is better hold.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

This is my first tinted brow gel and while I really wanted to love it, my main problem was with the applicator. I have quite sparse Asian brows, but long brow hairs, and got espresso, which is a nice cool-toned dark brown that doesn't show up overly warm on my brows. I wanted to have a product to give the nice "feathery" look or at least hold my long brow hairs in place. I appreciate the amount of mascara in the tube, but the applicator is simply too big and holds too much product. More often than not, I end up with clumps or globs on my brows and have to spend a lot of time blending out the product with a clean spoolie. I tried to cut the applicator in half to be more similar to Glossier Boy Brow's wand, but the aluminum was too thick for my scissors (lol). I've tried applying with a light hand but still end up with streaks - cleaning the brush off on a tissue before application works somewhat but also is annoying because then I'm wasting product. I think this product would work better if you had more dense eyebrow hair and thicker eyebrows overall. Also, I'm not sure how well it holds my brows in place.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

2 years ago

This is everything I wanted the glossier boy brow to be.....and it’s a better price. Win.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Previously, I was using Essence Make Me Brow. I liked it, but it did not blow me away. This NYX one blew me away. I really like the wand. It's really good at sweeping up hairs and separating them to coat them with product. It's very waxy and builds good volume. More volume than Essence. I like to pair it with a clear brow gel. The tinted brow gel clings to the clear one and I'm able to get more thickness. One thing I'm not pleased with is the color. I got the shade Espresso. It's the right depth, but not the right tone. For reference, I use ABH brow products in Ash Brown and those are a perfect match. The shade Espresso is a dark neutral brown. Drugstore pencils tend to be a bit gray, so it evens out. On its on or paired with my ABH products, the color looks a bit off. Not a huge deal. I notice it, but others probably do not. I may try a shade up and see if I like the tone of that better. I do appreciate that NYX has a good color range of about 6 shades of varying depth and tone. Many brands only have 2 or 3 shades. I noticed in reviews people are complaining that it's not pigmented enough. I have not had that issue and find the pigment to be fine. I think that this is my new go-to tinted brow gel. Update: Brunettes do not be scared of the shade Black. It's an ash brown color, not black like the name suggests. It's the same depth as Espresso, but has a much cooler tone. It matches me perfectly!

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral