Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint

Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint
Perfecting Skin Tint

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Diamond Powder, Stearyl Triethoxysilane, Boron Nitride, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019)

on 9/25/2018 9:57:00 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I'm nearly done with my first bottle, and was on the fence about shelling out $26 to try the new formulation. It's marketed as a "sheer skin enhancer" and it does exactly that and no more. I love it for days when I want my makeup to look natural and undetectable. I think my bottle is busted because liquid comes out the sides of the dropper and gets everywhere. I also wish there was a shade between Medium and Light. Regardless, I'll probably splurge on the new formulation.

on 9/25/2018 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I find Glossier's skin tint to be quite polarising - people either really like it or hate it with a passion. I was curious about this product because I wasn't sure which camp I'd belong in out of the two. Just to preface you guys: I have acne prone skin but have improved significantly due to me focusing more on skincare than makeup, and I haven't been a regular foundation wearer for the last year or so. Just concealer here & there on some acne and PIH marks. And I've been appreciating the more natural, boy beat kinda look these days.

If I'd used this product two years ago, I'd probably be very underwhelmed because I was a full coverage foundation kinda girl then. I used makeup as a security blanket. But now? I quite like it! I feel like it blurs my huge cheek pores like a primer would and covers old PIH marks I find awkward looking when covered with concealer. Covers my redness decently too. It doesn't make my skin look perfect at all, despite the name. My skin doesn't look flawless. But it looks like what my skin would've looked like if it has smaller pores and less unevenness. My skin but slightly better, like they say. I would say the feel and coverage of this is similar to products like bareminerals tinted day cream or Perricone MD's no foundation foundation.

Does it cover up fresh acne and new hyperpigmentation marks? Not at all. But who says we NEED to cover up our acne to a tee anyway? Overall, I think you'd like this depending on what you look for in a base makeup product. If you expect a full coverage foundation or tinted moisturiser, regardless of whatever skin hang ups you have, you won't enjoy this. But if you want something that *just* blurs pores and redness and something that's light coverage, this would work.

I've also never used the original skin tint formula. Don't know what that one is like at all. This review is based off the new formula.

on 9/8/2018 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

In theory this should be a nice product - something suited for daily wear with natural coverage for those who don’t like heavy foundations.
However, it does nothing in terms of perfecting! Infact I think it makes my skin look worse. It’s really liquidy, almost oily but it manages to cling onto dry skin that I didn’t even know I had! Also it just seems to sit on top of my skin? You’re better off not wearing anything on your skin.
Furthermore I hate the bottle of this, you have to really squeeze hard to get the product out and then it ends up dripping everywhere because of the texture.
I heard they reformulated this but I wouldn’t even wanna try it again. Better spend your money somewhere else.

on 7/28/2018 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

If you have good skin and you just want to even out your color and add a healthy glow then you will love this product. It only takes a few drops in each area you’re looking to apply. It gives a skin like finish and slightly dewy appearance to your skin. It’s all you, but better. I love this product for an easy enhancement of my natural face when I don’t feel like makeup. It took me forever to try this product and Im sorry! I’ve not tried it prior to reformulation, but I love its current formula!

on 7/24/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This doesn’t provide any real coverage, but a sort of tinted veil over your skin that evens it out and reduces redness and blemishes without covering them. The concealer pairs with this well as both are dewy and sheer, but the concealer actually can cover things, to an extent. I wouldn’t use a sponge or brush to apply this because it’s so watery both would just soak up product. I also wouldn’t apply too much moisturizer or primer underneath, or it will get streaky. This is moisturizing, but if your skin is dry, this will emphasize it. It’s nice, but I don’t think this is essential. I also wouldn’t layer this because it gets greasy fast.

The packaging isn’t travel friendly; it tends to leak in purses.

Update: lasting power isn’t great. It completely dries into nothing after a few hours.

Ok so I have been eyeing this for years! I finally took the plunge. For everyday foundation I always turn to bare minerals complexion rescue or dr. Jart premium bb cream. So full disclosure i love a light coverage. I got this in the mail yesterday and put it on before going out to dinner it seemed to like completely disappear and I was super disappointed and I’m a hurry. Anyway to the point, when I got to the restaurant I went to the bathroom and my face in the mirror, omg, my skin looked like mine but better! I had this dew glow look but not oily. Just enough coverage. I used it this morning and same thing it took About a minute to really see it go to work. Sold. In love. I take really good care of my skin so this takes a good skin day and revs it up. If you are like me try it out. It’s just enough to make you glow and show off your goods.

on 4/13/2018 5:12:00 PM

Honestly, I love everything Glossier; however, it doesn’t work for all skin types. I would say in general, Glossier is for those with dry-combination skin who aren’t prone to breakouts.
That being said, that’s me and I love this skin tint! They don’t advertise it to be heavy coverage at all, it’s very sheer and won’t cover any blemishes. But, I’ve found that in conjunction with the priming moisturizer and stretch concealer, my face looks amazing with this! This really does even out my skin tone and doesn’t dry my face out. I’ve found that as I use their products, I have less breakouts than normal and I’m glad I stuck through the beginning few weeks.
I have very very fair skin, but I use St. Tropez extra dark mousse (just came out - amazing!) and I wear the dark shade in this tint. The medium is just a little too bright for me, but it’s all so sheer that your skin tone will shine through and you don’t really need to worry about finding an exact match!
Watery consistency, and I recommend applying using a stippling technique with a brush; I think using my hands sheers it out a little too much. Always use a moisturizer before applying! Any foundation will stick to dry patches if you don’t! Overall worth a shot and I do recommend it, if not you can always return it!

on 4/12/2018 7:05:00 AM

I have got this as I like light coverage and use concealer to cover up any 'in need' areas. It's no more coverage than a tinted moisturiser, but I think i'd prefer the moisturiser as this feels drying on the skin without a good moisturiser underneath. coverage is barely there and it does even out skin tone but I feel it also clings to any dryness on the face. For the price a tinted moisturiser or BB cream would be better. I have light and it's a very good match for my pale skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I’ve been hunting for a low-coverage, super natural and dewy foundation and here it is! This is HG for me for my everyday foundation honestly. Lots of people have been saying this is just soooo sheer it does nothing. I really don’t find that the case for me. I find the MAC F&B foundation to be the slightest bit more sheer. This tint covers my slight redness whilst still showing my freckles and looking just really divine. I’m really over heavy foundations and have been hunting for a light foundation that I can just put on for a pinch of colour and to even everything out - this is it! Beforehand I was using the Garnier B.B. cream which I am a fan of, but I found this tint to be so much lighter on the skin and natural looking. I’m struggling to think of any foundation I would now swap this for for everyday honestly. Some cons however - the bottle is rather hard to squeeze? It’s difficult to explain but it’s not as easy to get the product out as other similar contained foundations. Additionally, the price is a little much (you are essentially paying for the Glossier label but such a good formula is just about worth the price for me) and the colour shade leans on the light side - I’m an NC22/25 with a tan and Medium is me everyday. Light is very pale supposedly which is actually a fab thing if you’re pale, I know paler foundations are hard to find. In conclusion, this lasts well on me (about 6-7 hours), never clings to any dry patches and keeps up with my oiliness and just honestly looks skin-like. If you’re looking for something to sort of properly change your complexion, this won’t be it. If you’re looking for something to give your face an even colour whilst looking like skin, this is it. I by no means have perfect skin and have a fair bit of acne scarring and I get products like this seem to be only tailored to ‘perfect’ skin but the reality is, it looks wonderful on anyone who wants to show their skin with just a bit of coverage. If you’re considering buying this, I would say just try it! Watch some YouTube reviews and realise how light coverage it is and if that will work for you but I waited 4 months before purchasing and wish I had purchased sooner :)

on 1/24/2018 10:36:00 PM

I really don't think this is worth it! $26 is just too much to spend on a product that makes no different in the way your skin looks. I love a light coverage, but this is just ridiculous. It's tinted water.