Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint

Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint
Perfecting Skin Tint

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Diamond Powder, Stearyl Triethoxysilane, Boron Nitride, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019)

on 10/13/2017 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Glossier has majorly polarised the population of beauty lovers with their line, and particularly with this Skin Tint. To start of with, because people whinge that "you need to have good skin to wear Glossier products" : No you don't. Firstly, it doesn't matter how many pimples you have, how much redness, or how much pigmentation: YOU DON'T HAVE TO COVER IT UP, you are not obliged to have a blank perfect face unless that's what you want. Secondly, yes, Glossier doesn't really show models or people with problematic skin (although there is the odd pimple or two on the models haha), just like most fashion brands don't show women over a size 8. It isn't right no, so we need to keep shining a light on this issue.

If you have "bad skin" ( I put that in quotations because its such a crap sentiment) and you want to blank everything out this is not for you. Also generally, it looks worse ( in my opinion) to blank out your whole face with foundation because of pimples, when you could use a light tint and then spot conceal any pimples, makes everything look much more fresh and skin like that way. The Skin Tint is nothing like a tinted moisturiser, this gives the most minimal tint of colour and if you rated it on a scale of 5, 1 being no coverage, and 5 being Mac Studio Fix (most despised foundation of mine) then this would sit at a 1.5. I don't have clear skin at all.

As for me, I have at least 6 bad active cheek break outs at any given time, and I have lots of pigmentation and a bit of scarring from old breakouts. I love Glossier Skin Tint. I am over having to wear foundation to cover up my skin, when often covering it up makes everything more obvious and rubs off anyway unless you powder yourself so much you look dead. My skin routine now is:
1. Algenist SPF 50
2. Glossier Skin Tint Medium (8 drops) I use the shade Medium and I am a NC25 - 30 colouring
3. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage for spot concealing with pinpoint brush
3. Glossier Stretch Concealer under my eyes (not my favourite but using it anyway)
4. Hourglass Diffused Light Powder on pinpoint concealing and under eyes.

I think this is really nice to give an extra layer of moisture with a hint of colour. I don't find this greasy at all, I actually was surprised that it was more matte in texture than I was expecting. I have taken of a point because its impossible to get in Australia, and was lucky enough that my sister brought this home from America for me. I would say that it is rather small, considering how much product you can use. I am concerned that I will run out before being able to get some more (however there is a First Aid Beauty Skin Tint with SPF 30 that seems very good). That would be my main dislike, I think they could really have put an SPF in here, and would be the perfect product for me. Overall though I think its a really nice product

on 8/13/2017 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Ok, so, to begin: I think I'm the target market for this product. I have dry skin, I get breakouts on my forehead but overall my skin is pretty clear, and I absolutely hate foundation and most makeup bases. I typically just go for concealer. So, (like many of glossier's products) I wanted to love this, but didn't.

1. My number one complaint with this is that it makes my skin look like I just dunked my face in chicken grease. And I am allllll about a glow. I was uncomfortable leaving the house in this. I ended up having to use WAY more powder than I normally would to make it look just ok, but then I got all cake-y. (And, no, I haven't tried their Wowder, and I won't be trying it).

2. If I wanted to dunk my face in chicken grease, I certainly wouldn't pay $26 dollars to do it. This product is SOOOOOOOoooOOOo overpriced for what it is. The ingredients are nothing special. I can buy a Korean bb cream for $15 dollars or less that evens my skin tone, moisturizes, has awesome ingredients that are improving my skin, AND has SPF. On that note-

******WHY DOESN'T THIS HAVE SPF*******

I could ALMOST (almost) forgive the level of greasiness if this had SPF in it. But... it doesn't?

I wouldn't recommend this to any of my friends. I really wouldn't. I fully understand the whole natural skin look, as I'm into it myself, but this product is nearly worthless with the coverage it gives. I would rather invest in a hydrating concealer and call it a day. I don't personally see this working for many outside of a true "normal" skin type that is in balance and has very little redness or pimples.

I had to let y'all know.

on 7/8/2017 11:10:00 AM

Dang it! This stuff makes me break out, so no I wouldn't buy it again. Which is really too bad because, other than that, I really liked this product.

Glossier's Perfecting Skin Tint provides near-zero coverage, this is NOT a traditional tinted moisturizer. It's not going to hide any marks or imperfections. But it does even out the skin tone and adds a very pretty and natural glow. There's a detectable enhancement. And yet it still doesn't look like anything is on the skin. It just looks like you.

This product has a runny, watery texture. It sinks into the skin just like a moisturizer, and the color doesn't rub off on your clothing. I've never tried anything like this.

I just wish my skin didn't react badly to it. Not a winner for me unfortunately.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This really wasn't the right shade or finish for me. I also feel the whole "glowy, dewy" look promoted by Glossier turns into more of an oil slick finish if like me, you have combination skin. Doesn't do anything for me.

on 6/14/2017 9:58:00 AM

In order to really appreciate this skin tint, you have to know what you're purchasing. I read a lot about this before purchasing, and was very satisfied. I was drawn to the brand because of their fabulous marketing (DON'T look up their ads if you haven't seen them; you'll be eager to part with your money haha). The thing is, though my skin is finally clearing up for the first time in my adult life, I still have acne scars and discoloration. This skin tint did just enough for me: it smooths out the discoloration and calms down the look of my acne scars. I don't normally use concealer anyway, but your average person would probably want to use concealer with it. I have combination/oily skin and...this actually didn't leave me looking greasy at all nor did it break me out. It has that natural "real skin" shine to it (because most of our skin isn't matte), but I didn't have to blot oil or anything. I look like one of those women who may or may not be wearing any makeup, and I love it.

This tint is not a foundation nor is it a BB cream...it's simply a tint. It's water based, though, which typically means that it does better with a water based primer (though I used it with my Smashbox stuff and it stays fine without pilling).

I like the packaging a lot, and you just apply with your fingers, so I'd just recommend washing your hands before doing so.

I rated this product as a 5 because it's perfect for me (I hate this Instagram makeup phase), but I do have a qualm:

There's no SPF...that's just dumb haha. I have a nice sunscreen (Elta MD) that I use, and it's fine (the sunscreen pills all the time though...annoying)

Take away: if you have large cystic acne or a breakout, it's not the right time for this makeup. If your skin surface is relatively smooth but you still have discoloration, redness, or even some scars, this product could be for you.

Summary: I like this, I use it almost every day, and I'll buy it again.
Long version: What an interesting product. I read a lot about it, so I was pretty prepared, but I really think it is quite unique. It is definitely not a tinted moisturizer (I'm glad, because they don't work for me - they tend to separate on my face, leaving a sort of dusty look). Tinted moisturizers cover. As this goes on, it doesn't appear to cover. It doesn't even seem to "tint." It just - smooths. But if I look carefully, I can see it is adding colour, because it definitely evens out my coloration. I have rosacea, pretty under control right now, but I still have redness, particularly on my nose. This evens out my skin tone. It also just adds a general "glow" look, healthy and frankly pretty. It is definitely a "low"/"no makeup" look - I like that a lot, but it's not for everyone. It is maybe closest to a slightly tinted sunscreen or a primer, but it does more than either of those.
I find it lasts all day too (whereas all foundations & TMs I have tried tend to melt off the oily parts of my face and cling to the dry parts by the end of the day - even when I'm using primer). Except it melts off my nose, but everything does. So I just reapply, or re-powder my nose at some point. Nice thing is too, if it does melt off my nose, because the rest of the tint is quite subtle, it's not as noticeable (whereas if I'm wearing full foundation and it melts off my nose, the resulting shiny red nose/foundation face look is unfortunate).
I wear it with the Clinique SPF 50 mineral sunscreen, which is also slightly tinted. They work fine together. It also works nicely without the sunscreen too, I checked.
I am quite pale, but use it in medium. I use the concealer in light. The shades work well together.
I'm really pleased with it. If you decide to buy, you can use my link for 20% off your first time - http://bff.glossier.com/fGQg8

on 6/6/2017 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I generally hate foundation and I love this. I usually just wear a tinted sunscreen and put concealer in the middle face but I needed something to even my skin out a little when I'm not wearing sunscreen so I decided to try this as it doesn't seem to have any ingredients known to break me out. This is perfect for that, but I like it so much that I also use a tiny bit over my sunscreen and it makes my skin look great. I can the get away with reducing my concealer usage to just my undereyes and spots where I'm a bit blotchy. It feels like nothing on, it doesn't cake. It doesn't really cover anything, nor does it claim to. It really is a "my skin but better" product. Been using for 2 weeks and it has not caused breakouts or irritation and I'm very prone to both.

I am shade NC25 /Nars Fiji and Medium is the perfect shade for me with a nice warm undertone that doesn't look too yellow once its on. The finish gives me a moisturized glow which I like. However, now in the summer, I'm setting it with a very small amount of Nars Light Reflecting Powder, but I may skip the powder in the winter. I also find it works best with a primer. Right now I'm using Smashbox Hydrating.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This foundation is more of a light bb cream and is super light coverage that you can barely see. It's more of a liquid perfecting veil that evens out skin tone and doesn't look cakey or obvious. I have nc25 to 35 skin and I bought this in medium and although it's pretty light it works fine. The line does run light so even the dark shade is fairly light, I recommend buying a shade darker. This is pretty nice on hot days or if you like natural glowy coverage! Would not recommend if you have super heavy acne/texture.

The coverage, despite being light, is buildable. I have pretty bad acne and you can see how this covers on my skin here:

(Full face glossier on blemished skin)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff. It's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Light coverage, great finish, doesn't cling to dry patches. If I set with a powder, it still looks great at the end of the day. On areas where I need slightly more coverage (nose), I use the stretch concealer. I used to use True Match Lumi but it would cling to my dry patches which the Glossier doesn't do.
I'm NC15. I use this in light, the concealer in light, and TM Lumi in W1-2

I love love LOVE this skin tint. I don't wear much makeup so this is perfect for me. I do use an oil + sunscreen underneath it because it can cling onto your dry patches. But it makes my skin look poreless and glowy. Almost like your skin, but better. 100% would recommend if you don't have much to cover.