L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.6

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 12/31/2018 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a long-wearing, matte but not completely dull looking, medium to full coverage foundation. It wears long, and doesn't aggravate my dry skin, if my skin is well-prepped and doesn't look mask-like and heavy. I've been buying it, and using it fairly regularly since it was in the red-topped bottle.

It made its way to the bottom of my makeup drawer but today I fished it out and wore it; my complexion looks immaculate and the shade 101 continues to work well for my very fair winter skin. I think I have about 20 foundations at the moment and I've mostly been wearing hydrating formulas as of late. I forget how nicely some of these longwearing formulas can be.

The glow-y formulation of infallible seemed to highlight ever bump and pore of my skin. It wasn't flattering.

I'd like to give a shout-out to the original formula Cover Girl Outlast foundation as well; Cover Girl's is slightly more sheer than Infallible.

Shout-out number 2: We have some really great cosmetic options from non-prestige products.

on 4/9/2018 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off, the shade selection is ridiculous. The latest shade was still way too dark for me. It had an orange tint right from the time I applied it. It applies nicely, I'll say that. When I first applied it the finish was excellent, although I did look like a walking pumpkin (tried it on a day I knew I wouldn't be leaving the house). It doesn't wear very well at all. Within a few hours it was separating and there were large patches of my face where it was just completely gone. It also made my undereye area look horrendous. It was settling into very fine lines and made me look about 10 years older than I actually am. I will not use this again.

Best drug store foundation I've tried to date. I find you do have to blend relatively fast after first applying on the skin. I have combo-oily skin, and I still have to blot and powder about twice through the day, which I don't mind doing. The coverage is there, and the shades work for me. I combine this with the Lumi for day to day and will stick it until I find something that's better.

Brilliant foundation- for full coverage you need to use a brush or sponge to apply it. If you do have dry spots the foundation can cling to it! Really good value for money!

on 10/3/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never really found a drugstore foundation that I love, but this is a different story. Using this with the pro matte primer gives me a flawless finish that stays on for hours. I also use the Tarte timeless smooth primer (the one in a jar) on my cheeks to make this look poreless.
This has become my every day foundation, even tho I own multiple high end foundations (double wear, teint idole, the new YSL)
This gives me a smoother surface, the foundation becomes one with the skin and gives that nice soft focus.

Without the pro matte primer this foundation can look a little cakey(dry?) on me, so if you have issues with this you should try pairing this with the loreal primer.

on 8/28/2017 3:10:00 PM

I have to say I really like this foundation. I have been a fan of Mac Pro Longwear for a very long time. For me, this foundation does not have the same staying power, but it is long wearing. The Mac foundation lasted until I went to bed, the L'Oréal starts showing separation and break down on my nose and starts really showing texture on my cheeks after about 7 hours of wear. Besides that, it is silky and applies smoothly on the skin. I have used a Beauty Blender and a buffing type foundation brush to apply and have used no primer and primer and it works well with either method. It is about a medium coverage for me and that is fine enough because I don't have a lot I am trying to cover. The coverage is enough to make my slightly mature skin look flawless. I think, like most foundations, after a while it does tend to crease in my smile lines so I try to apply lightly where I think creasing may occur. I would recommend it if you are looking for a drugstore foundation that is long wearing and skin like.

on 8/25/2017 6:03:00 PM

This actually isn't half bad. I remember randomly buying it last year but can't remember really using it a lot. I've been trying to use up all the foundations I have and don't like that much so I can buy/try new ones and this one fell in that category. I remember trying this a month ago and was so disgusted by how yellow it looked on me. I have it in "fresh beige". I grabbed it last week because I was like alright it was $13 you can't just throw it away. I think I shook it up as it was fine. Maybe it separated a little just sitting in my cabinet not being used. It's between thick and thin and I like applying it with my RT sponge. Coverage is nice. No weird smell. Lasts. Says Demi matte finish but I set mine with powder so it's matte for me. I honestly like it and am not sure why I shunned it. I think for some reason the squeeze tube made me think it was cheap and not good, even though that's extremely weird. But all of my foundations besides this and one other are in bottles so I guess I'm just drawn to that more. I'm not going to repurchase right as soon as I finish this because like I said, I want to try new ones but I'm not opposed to buying this again in the future.

on 7/31/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing. I compare this to Kat Von D's tattoo foundation. It does not cover as well, but stays on twice as long. I am an oil factory and only have to blot once or twice a day. It does not oxidize or move around. The texture is amazing and is best applied with a blender. I am not a fan of the packaging, but that is my only complaint.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is OKAAAY.

Drugstore brands aren't my favorite for foundations, because the shades never fit a yellow/olive undertone. I used 105 & 107, mixed, and it still didn't match my skin.

I found that I have to apply this to bare skin for it to be 'infallible,' because if I use a primer I don't get the same lasting coverage. You also have to apply it quickly so it doesn't set mid painting session.

I like L'oreal products and if they could get the shades right, I'd give this a 5.

on 5/23/2017 8:41:00 PM

At 51, I am on the hunt for the holy grail. After my daughter raved about this , I decided to give it a shot. Classic ivory is a perfect match for me.

Unfortunately, this reminds me of my grandmothers compact powder makeup from the sixties. Except it does not remind me of my grandmother. It has an almost papery, dry texture.

On my aging skin, it's not a good thing. It does not allow my cream blush to sink into my skin, it just sat on top of the powder.

This is going straight to my daughter. It looks great on her. She's 16. If you're 16, you will love this. If you are not-- run, run as fast as you can.