L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 1/16/2017 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Soooo this is my new holy grail drug store foundation! LOVE IT! It seriously is so underrated. After a horrible experience with a particular Urban Decay foundation, I was on a mission to find a reasonably priced product that would meet my needs without breaking the bank. This is it. It applies flawlessly, lasts all day, does not oxidize and is cost efficient. I have oily skin, with a few fines lines...this foundation is amazing.

on 1/13/2017 6:45:00 PM

I love this foundation i cant stop using it i mix it with all my other foundations

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is by far my favorite foundation I've used. It really does keep your oil at bay for a longer time, but I do see some dewiness around my t-zone three to five hours later, but not too much and it's not really noticeable at all. I guess it has to do with the fact that it has a demi-matte finish and not flat-matte. It didn't keep me matte all day as I sweat a lot and always out in the sun but again (living in a hot-humid country you really won't avoid sweating), it still looks really good and not greasy unlike what other foundations do to my oily skin. The foundation goes off my nose but maybe because I don't really use primers underneath but I'm still gonna experiment with that soon. I'm not truly in love with this for the fact that I'm really hard to please and I had high expectations on this product since it was so raved about in the beauty community. I really need a drugstore foundation that keeps my t-zone completely matte all day (but not flat). Even with baking technique, oil still peaks through my t-zone. I don't really use mattifying setting sprays and primers maybe that's why but what my definition of a perfect foundation is not needing those extra steps anymore! All in all it's not really bad and as I said at first it's my favorite foundation I have from the drugstore and I would definitely buy this again since it's the cheapest product that kept my face matte longer than usual. Also, this is best applied with a sponge because this can look cakey on your face if it's too thick!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I just. I don't understand. I think I'm just really frustrated on my foundation search, but why is it that the only foundation undertones that exist in this solar system are either pink, orange, or STRAIGHT UP GRAY??? Anyways, if you're a fan of Mac's NC orange-as-an-oompa-loompa shade range but want a quality formula at a good price point, this is your best bet. I find it also oxidizes a bit as the day goes on, but everything on me does this so.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've had this foundation for awhile but it didn't become a perfect color match till recently so I decided to pull it out once again. I must say that while it was a perfect match #111 soft sable to my nc45 skintype the wear time was horrible. 24 hours it is not. After 6 hours my face looked like a dang grease ball and the creasing was unreal. I can handle a lil creasing MAYBE on the forehead but not the forehead, smile lines, above the lip and along the nose. That is too much and very aging. I'm hoping that maybe the new skincare I'm trying out is the culprit so I will continue to play around with it because I really do like the fact that once it set it became a perfect match color wise and there is zero fragrance or odd scent to this foundation. Fingers crossed.

Update: 12/28/2016
It was definitely a skincare issue because today the foundation performed 100% better. It definitely look my skin but better....as corny as that sounds. No crazy creasing and my pores...what enlarged pores?! And no oxidization whatsoever. My skin doesn't looking oily but it doesn't look matte....semi-matte it is best described. I set it with my NARS Crystal Transluscent Pressed Powder and skipped highlighting with my Guerlain Meterorites. Not bad for a drugstore foundation.

Nice foundation! It wears well, feels good on skin. I only use one layer due to minimal imperfections and it lasts all day. Major downside though is they all run pink undertoned!!!! That's the only reason why I will not repurchase :(

on 12/21/2016 6:13:00 PM

Not overly fond of this product. It is way too cakey, does not apply well (rather patchy and uneven, especially around the nose) and very aging. I looked much younger before I put this stuff on my face! I am 34 years old, and have yet to show any signs of wrinkles, however I do have larger pores. I found that if I apply more than one layer of this foundation, or concealer on top...the appearance of those pores is excessively exacerbated, even with a very good primer underneath. Also, throughout the day, I noticed a bit of the foundation flaking off the sides of my face. I do not have dry skin at all...there should be no flaking of anything!. And the way it looked on my nose was rather comical. I suddenly had pores the size of craters! The only good thing about this foundation is that it did seem to be rather good at keeping the oil at bay. Perhaps this is only for teenagers, and not aging skin...like anyone beyond the age of 25? I have no notion. This one is most definitely going back to the store.

on 12/19/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

So i really wanted to try this foundation,i hesitated at first because of the very mixed reviews it was a love it or hate one.The price was only £7.99 from Boots so i thought i would give it a go ,all my previous foundations have been very pricey high end,i purchased this in the shade Honey i am a nc 30,it was a very good match almost perfect.
I used this over sunscreen,moisteriser and then applied the infallible primer,i used the rt foundation brush to apply dampened with fix plus,three light layers covers gave me poreless flawless coverage,my face was visibly brightened and it stayed that way until i took it off nine hours later,yes there was a shine on my t zone three hours in to the day but i get that with every foundation i have ever used including all the very top end ones like Marc Jacobs,shiseido,chanel,ysl, too faced,guerlain,givency,burberry ,lancombe and dior.
This has become my new favourite for this winter month,it is beginning of winter here in uk,and the weather is still mildish,so it is performing well so far,not sure how a very cold day might make this matt foundation perform.For reference i have very dry skin with a oily t zone but this foundation did not make my skin feel tight and dry in any way and best of all it did not oxide on me.
I like it ,try it you may do too,remember everyone has different skin texture and concerns and you wont really know how a foundation etc performs for you untill you actually try it.Ive just realised all the five star foundation reviews i have ended up buying havent worked for me but the low rating or three star or lippies have,just saying!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love me some matte foundations, and Infallible is no exception, but one word of advice is to moisturize well beforehand, use a damp beauty sponge when applying, and blend as quickly and evenly as you can because this does dry down to a matte finish relatively quickly.

I have combo/normal skin and my favorite routine as of late is a heavy duty moisturizer and sometimes eye cream, followed by a pore minimizing primer, then a matte finish foundation and loose powder to balance it out. If you're working with dry skin, this foundation would be a pass, but anyone from normal to oily can get some mileage out of this line so long as they're keeping up a proper skincare routine.

This foundation has a really awesome blurring effect on the skin and does shrink the appearance of pores compared to other matte finishes I have tried. It is about medium coverage and only slightly buildable. That's fine for me at this point in my life, as I'm not dealing with too many blemishes and my dark circles end up getting obliterated by a full coverage concealer anyways.

Speaking of which, other products do layer nicely over this as it's not a very thick consistency. If you like to use concealers or cream contour to sculpt the face, but are afraid of cake-face, this is a safe bet.

I like squeeze tube foundations, cheap as they look, because they're convenient and don't require a lot of manhandling to get the product out. Personal opinions aside, the price of this is rather high for the packaging. Even Rimmel's Lasting Finish ($6) now comes in a glass jar. If you're not a stickler over things like that, this foundation is worth every penny.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. I actually mix this with my Nars All Day Luminous Foundation and it makes the BEST combo. It has been my go to for a month or two now. This foundation is a little pricey for a drugstore foundation but for the way it looks I think it is worth it. This is a full coverage, matte foundation. It wears beautifully all day long and I have oily skin.