L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 6/16/2018 4:07:00 PM

ugh, what a disappointment. the wear wasn't bad, it blended nicely, but this stuff had way more of an orange tint to than I'd have expected. i compared it to my wrist and forearm in store and it looked like a nice ivory shade that would work- I'm pale with pink undertones so i have go a bit darker than the lightest shades but i can generally make work even with a limited shade range. that said, yuck! as soon it came out the tube, the color was instantly orangey. i looked like a pitcher of pumpkin juice straight from the Gryffindor table. i have no idea how fares longevity wise, as i sloughed it off my face immediately. oh well, at least wasn't expensive. on to the next one.

on 6/14/2018 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This has been a good foundation for my 51-y/o oily skin. After trying many, many high-end samples and drugstore brands that I had to return, I bought YSL All Hours and while I liked it, this foundation performs just as well or better for a fraction of the price. I get oily around my nose, which no foundation can fix (IMO) but overall it plays like a champ! My mature friends, give it a try!

on 6/13/2018 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This foundation was a pleasant surprise. I just didn’t expect much bc it was so inexpensive! It’s actually very good. I am super oily and this is a light to medium coverage matte. It’s lasting power is pretty good! The usual blot is necessary, but I break through every foundation. I also got the matching powder in a lighter shade. I’m an NC25 and I got the foundation in golden beige and the powder in sun beige. Perfect match! I rotate about 4 foundations and this is now one of the 4.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have an oily T-zone, especially in the summer and this foundation has been my favorite for more than 3 years. This gives me a demi-matte finish and keeps the oils at bay. I would say it is medium coverage coz it doesn't fully cover my occasional pimples and pimple marks. Other than that, I am completely satisfied with this foundation.

on 4/9/2018 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off, the shade selection is ridiculous. The latest shade was still way too dark for me. It had an orange tint right from the time I applied it. It applies nicely, I'll say that. When I first applied it the finish was excellent, although I did look like a walking pumpkin (tried it on a day I knew I wouldn't be leaving the house). It doesn't wear very well at all. Within a few hours it was separating and there were large patches of my face where it was just completely gone. It also made my undereye area look horrendous. It was settling into very fine lines and made me look about 10 years older than I actually am. I will not use this again.

on 4/9/2018 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After just one day of using this foundation, I will be returning it back to the store. By the end of the workday, it had started to crease/separate around my chin/mouth area (did use a primer), and the overall look of the foundation on my skin was just that; it looked like a white mask just sitting over my skin, but emphasizing my pores. I'm not sure if part of this is from the horrible shade selections they have for this foundation (i was mixing 101 with 103 to get a decent NC15-20 shade) but when I looked in the mirror, it was like the paler shade started to come out at the end of the day and it looked like I was just wearing a really pale blotchy powder/foundation on my face. Just gross. It is lightweight and controls oil, I will give it that, but that's it.

My HG oily skin foundation is Covergirls Outlast - and I'm wearing it today - and it's a 180 degree comparison to L'Oreal's Pro-Matte on my face compared to yesterday. I though the two might be similar, but on my skin, they are NOT. I do think it has something to do with the Pro-Matte being silica-based, and Outlast is talc based. I think silica just doesn't wear well/look well on my skin/emphasizes pores/creates shine/gathers in lines - or something. Either way - Outlast is so much better than this foundation. Creamier, more coverage, blends out better because consistency is creamy, cheaper, has a pump, better color jumps in shades, and even mixing two shades in Outlast to get my color, looks so much more natural on my skin than Pro-matte did. This was a big miss for me. Will stick to Covergirl's Outlast!

on 4/5/2018 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to foundation. It doesn’t break me out and the coverage is good. It can be a bit drying but not bad at all and stays pretty well on my oily spots. The colors could be better but I buy two and mix them together. I’m an NC20-25 and use 102 and 103 in the summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The texture of L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte is amazing! It's light and airy, and feels like I have nothing on. After 12 hours of wear, it doesn't feel greasy or heavy if I touch my face with my fingertip. I have dehydrated yet oily skin (fun!) and this foundation gives me a satin finish. I do need to blot mid-afternoon, but much less blotting than with other foundations. I'll be testing out this foundation with a primer and setting spray next week, and will update my review at that time!

The coverage is nice, especially if you have decent skin, but those with heavy acne scarring like myself will definitely need a really good separate concealer. If I use a flat foundation brush to pat this foundation carefully over my darkest scars, I can build it up pretty well, but it wears away throughout the day and my scars peek through.

Shade selection isn't great, especially if you're pale and warm/neutral. I'm an NC20, and shade 102 in this foundation is my closest match. However, if I get a natural tan in the summer, 102 is too light and pink compared to my neck, yet 103 is far too dark and orange. I wish there were a shade between 102 and 103 that's not pink or orange. For now, I'll be sticking with 102 and mixing in a drop of another foundation in the summer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail item! I have extremely oily skin and this is the foundation that keeps me matte the longest. It has a pretty full coverage, everyone I recommend this foundation to loves it. No mater what foundation I try, I always come back to this.

on 3/19/2018 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have dry sensitive skin and i love this foundation. tried the pro glow but it broke me out and this has better coverage. i like it more than many of the high end brands i have tried. the shade golden beige is about an nc25 in mac