L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 6/27/2017 10:09:00 PM

I have been using Liquid Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation #52/#53 for 2 years, and then I tried NARS Sheer Foundation Light 4 with NARS Tinted Moisturizer St. Tropez for about 6 months and then started using Too Faced Born this Way foundation for about 6 months. Now I found a better less expensive foundation for half the price. I have the Matte and Glow version and love the matte better. I'm on my 3rd tube #203 and #202. The foundation goes on well with a flat or round brush dual fiber. I use a good face powder after and it's almost a flawless airbrushed finish, and set it with L'Oreal's setting spray or NYX matte setting spray for a flawless look. I put it on at 7:30 am and it's perfect till 10:00 pm or later. I'm very happy that I found this product. Thanks for reading!

on 6/27/2017 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

For drugstore this is actually a decent foundation for oily skin. I love the squeeze bottle. My pros for this product:
1. Super matte finish for those who love that
2. Blends fairly well
3. Easy availability, you shouldn't have to search hi and lo to find this foundation
4. Affordable compared to department store/luxury brands

Cons
1. Limited color selection, I have to blend 2 shades to get my match
2. This settles in pores like nobody's business. And upon applying the second layer, it creases around my smile lines. I've never had a foundation do that.
3. It transfers quite a bit, even tho it claims to be 24 hour wear and with a setting spray.
4. Not full coverage, I'd say its medium coverage but buildable.
5. Has a strange, chalky look to it as you apply it, almost reminds me of milk of magnesia type texture.

Its an okay foundation but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but I won't repurchase.

on 6/25/2017 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really liked the way this made my face look; it was smooth didn't cling to my dry patches. It mattified well and had great coverage, it covered up my pimples and spot, with no need for a concealer. It also lasted quite long. The only bad thing is that it has terrible flashback, it made me look like a ghost, so I wouldn't recommend it for flash or any photography.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently got the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation and wanted a cheaper alternative to wear on other days. To my surprise this foundation makes me not even care about the higher end one I just bought! At first I never thought to try this because the foundation in store would always separate and an oily, watery residue would come out of the tube instead of the actual pigment. I decided to suck it up, find my shade and hope that by shaking the bottle after each use I wouldn't have this problem anymore. Low and behold I don't have this issue! I got the shade Natrual Buff which matches my in between skin tone perfectly which is so rare at the drugstore. Going on with a dry sponge or brush the application is very smooth. It never dries down too quickly resulting in a cakey appearance. I have pretty smooth skin with mild texture around my cheeks where my pores or normally enormous and this looks flawless on top. My skin is very greasy but with this I can get by with a few hours of matte wear before needing to touch up and even then it's not very shiny at all. Two thumbs up for L'oreal.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think this foundation is probably perfect for oiler skins, but if you have any dryness at all it will stick to those patches and not look nearly as good. I wouldn't say the wear is 24 hours even on combo skin, but if you've tried Revlon Colorstay and found it too heavy, then this is a great alternative in terms of long wear. I find that the coverage is pretty solidly medium, and the shade range is okay. A lot of foundations like this oxidize on my skin, but this one did not. I take off one lippie for the way that it does not sit right on drier patches, but overall this is a decent drug store option for an all-day foundation given that you have the right skin type for it. I will not repurchase since L'Oreal is not cruelty free.

on 6/23/2017 8:47:00 PM

I've been using this for over a year now as part of my everyday makeup routine and I love the pro-matte for summer (when my skin is oily) and the pro-glow in the winter (when my skin is dry). It's lightweight, long-lasting, and provides pretty decent and natural-looking coverage, especially for those of us with yellow undertones.

It does become a shade darker after oxidisation so I recommend going a shade lighter (or making sure that you blend down to the neck). I personally prefer using a beauty blender or sponge with this foundation. Although using brushes seems to provide a bit more coverage, the thicker layer of makeup seems to make the oxidisation more obvious and my skin slightly more orange...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I tried this Foundation when it first came out. I didn't like the way this foundation made my face look it was too matte and it made my face look chalky. I must say the coverage is good. But I'm just not a fan of matte foundations and also dried my skin out a bit. However it may be a better choice for summer wear for people with combination skin like myself.

I think I might have found my HG drugstore foundation. And let me just say that isn't an easy task, being that j have very yellow undertone Asian skin (NC30-35) and pretty much all drugstore foundations are either too pink or too orange for me. I bought shade 105 Natural Beige.

So glad I tried this - let me list the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Amazing medium to full coverage. It covered my hyper pigmentation with ease but doesn't make my face look cakey. With this foundation I can easily skip concealer.

- Price: reasonable comparing with Sephora brands but it is still up there comparing with other drugstore brands. I would only buy this on sale.

- Shade selection is amazing. For a yellow toned gal I truly appreciate the yellow toned choices I have.

- Packaging is light and I appreciate the squeeze tube for hygiene reasons.

- Texture is light and does not clog my pores

Cons: If you have dry skin you might find it emphasizing your fine lines but not for a combo/oily gal like me!

I will still continue to search for other foundations but I'm happy I found this gem. Definitely will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product seems like it makes my skin more clear! However it wasn't the perfect shade. It was far too pink undertoned for me. I wish they had more color selections. Very pretty on the skin. I love it. Will buy again if I get tan!

This stuff is pretty good. My only complaint is it is on the dry side so if your skin is dry this stuff makes it more obvious. My skin is drier right now so I don't LOVE it but I want to try in the summer when the weather is humid and my skin is much oilier.