L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the better drugstore foundations I have used. It goes on smoothly and blends well. It is pretty light coverage, so it does not really cover my acne scarring or any active blemishes which is disappointing. I usually dust some powder over it if I need extra coverage. However, I have not noticed any breakouts and my skin looks natural for the most part.

The reason I took off two lippies is that if I use any sort of primer, it tends to slide off and separate. For a drugstore foundation, I sort of expected this. But it is not very longwear and doesn't provide a lot of coverage. It did not last on me through an entire 8 hour workday.

I love this foundation. I always return to it, the Matt finish is good and natural, not cacky, it gives a glow to my skin and last all day. the price is good. the weird thing about the product is the color range, i am fair natural skin and the color that blend great on me is golden sand which should be to dark for me but its a perfect match, I think its because of the yellow undertone. anyway its a good product just choose well the color.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I honestly don't get the hype for this product. It gets so cakey immediately. If you have dry patches, or any dryness at all, avoid this product. I have some dry acne patches but my skin is generally oily. It clings to the dryness and it just does not look good. It looks so bad around the nose and it's so difficult to blend without it looking cakey af. Also, if you have bumps or breakouts, avoid this product as well because at the end of the day the foundation will separate on those bumps.

on 4/24/2017 12:53:00 PM

It's not the worst foundation I've tried but certainly not the best. The shade selection is bad (for me at least) cuz they're no shade in the line that matches me. The first two shades are too light and the shades for medium skin tones are either way too dark or orange. Also I found that it didn't keep my oily skin matte at all. However, it does have good coverage

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was the worst foundation I've ever bought. Yes it was only a waste of $7, but I was traveling, so literally chose not to wear foundation, or any makeup rather than continue wearing this. It's thick, but not creamy, doesn't spread or work in well. Too bad! The hype was just hype.

on 4/18/2017 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A lot of youtube MUA said this foundation has medium to high coverage for them, But, the result depends on the skin color and type too. I like the shade because it's the same with my skin color, which means look more natural on me. BUT, I got a bit cakey with this foundaton and can not really covers my pores as well. My face got bloatted after 2 hours of using, where it was at an AC room, which was COLD.

But, the result is better when you use the lóreal infallible pro matte powder. It will last long and better coverage. Tbh, it has an iffy result tho for me where others might not have the different result, which is great

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I used this foundation about a year ago, loved it then, not so much now. I don't know if they changed the formula cus the shades I usually get match me well, but now there super orange! It also made my face look dry & broke me out on my T-zone. Won't repurchase again!

This had so much hype from You Tubers and beauty gurus alike. I wanted to love it, but it oxidized SOOOOO badly on my skin! Coverage was decent, the color selection is pretty good (if your local store has it), it is matte (as it promises), but my goodness did it change shades within two hours! I was mortified when I looked in the mirror at work! I ended up putting a lighter powder on to try and tone it down a notch and help it match my skin again, but it didn't help...the orange hue had set in and I was to look like an oompaloompa for the day. Uugghh...maybe if I try another shade it will oxidize to match? LOL! I really wanted to like it, I did, but I just can't handle the color change after application. It did teach me one lesson....never try a new foundation on a weekday! LOL!

I wanted to love this foundation so much since many people were raving about how it keeps oil control at bay.

I apply this foundation in the morning about 6am before I go to work. Upon initial application it matches my skin perfectly. I had dark marks on my cheeks, but it still peeks through this foundation. I can't layer this anymore than 2 because it will look blotchy after an hour or so. It's very matte upon initial application, but I want to prolong to my foundation so I set this with either ben nye neutral set or rcma no color powder. My travelling time on the way to work is usually 45minutes to an hour. This involves a 25 min walk to the nearest bus station. (I live in a tropical country to so take note that I sweat a lot.) Upon arrival at work I noticed I had a certain 'glow' (not oily). By 11am my whole face gets really oily and it has oxidized so bad I turn oompa oompa orange. By 3-4pm I noticed that the foundation is gone (which is surprising since I work in a very cold place and rarely leave my work station). After 5 tries with this foundation , I gave up and sold mine.

Pros:
-Available locally
-Caters to a wide range of asian skintone (if you order from the US)
-Medium coverage
-light weight (but only up to 2 layers)

Cons:
-Limited shades available locally
-Very expensive for a drugstore brand (I got mine before it was available locally, but because of the hype sellers sold this for about about $18 up)
-oxidizes so bad
-confusing shade range
-buildable up to two layers only
-doesn't really last long

Would I buy again?probably just to try and mix this with another foundation

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried many drugstore foundations and a few high end foundations. I've found it wears very well and the coverage is medium-full coverage. It didn't look too cakey and my pores looked blurred! The only con would be that it oxidizes slightly orange. I have yellow undertones as well and the color originally looks sligtly yellow so. But the pros outweigh the con and I will more than likely re-purchase :)