L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is probably my new HG foundation. I wear 104 and have slight naturally tanned, olive skin that is extremely oily. Under this foundation I wore Maybelline Master Primer (which is silicon FREE!!!! ) which is absolutely fabulous.

For reference and context, before this I have been using Covergirl 3in1 Outlast foundation is creamy beige for years but always found it slightly too pink, even though it goes on great lasts all day and looks fabulous.

Does go on very smooth, although not full coverage on the first use...(compared to Covergirl Outlast) but is extremely buildable and forgiving to re-smoothing which is wonderful. You can go to town with this one. Dries to a true demi matte finish which I was weary of (I love good old fashioned matte) but it is such a beautiful demi matte! It truly stays matte too, hours later my face looks amazing! As stated, I used Maybelline Master Primer under (which goes on more like a moisturizer than a traditional primer, I believe due to the lack of silicon but its wonderful for reactive skin!) and I believe this helped smooth things too. I topped my foundation off with Infallible Pro Matte powder. Absolute glowing, smooth, poreless perfection!

This actually looks more airbrushed than that crappy Revlon airbrush effect foundation.

The tone is absolutely FANTASTIC! If you have any yellow tones in your skin, and you've struggled with foundations that are too pink... this is awesome and the answer!

Highly recommend!! 👌👍

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this for the hype. My skin is very oily and foundations normally last for 5 hours tops before it melts off and all my flaws appear. I would probably purchase this again if I ran out of other choices or if I have to go to a night out where my flaws may not be too obvious in the dark lol.

The PROS:
1) It definitely lasts long! It lasts all day in fact and touching up with a powder may be a bad idea because since the foundation is so thick already, you'll be caking your face with so much product. I just use a tissue to dab away at the oil or one of those oil blotter sheets.
2) Doesn't oxidize. My skin isn't just oily, it's also acidic so I have to choose foundations a shade lighter than my skin tone. This does the job perfectly.
3) It doesn't dry out your skin and doesn't highlight your dry patches.
4) In my country, they don't sell this in a squeezable tube but in a pump glass bottle. Packaging is good.
5) A drop or two is enough for the whole face.
6) Good for covering blemishes and discolorations.

The CONS
1) Some areas of my face have big pores (sides of my nose on my cheeks and my nose). The foundation settles into my pores!!! It's so obvious when you look closely into the mirror. So I end up looking like a strawberry in those areas. I think a person with wrinkles would have a problem with this too. It really settles into those lines and holes on your face.
2) It does cake. If you have loads of pimples, this foundation isn't for you. It's so thick and could aggravate your skin.

I'll use this till I finish my bottles. I bought two. :( But will probably shift back to my CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation once I'm done.

on 3/8/2017 1:38:00 PM

This was one of my first foundations and it was good at the time. The lightest shade was way too dark for me so maybe they need t make a bigger shade range. The foundation was medium coverage and it didn't particularly wear off during the day. It was very dry and clinged to my dry patches.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am such a high end makeup snob.......but I'm so glad I took a chance on this coz it's the most perfect foundation I've ever used (sorry Illamasqua Skin Base , Mac Match Master and Nars Sheer Glow... you've been tossed aside for now).

I am a Mac NC42 with golden undertones....and Caramel Beige 108 is literally my skin colour.

I have combo bordering on .slightly dry skin...and I love the finish. In summer time (Demi matte finish).. it plays nicely with the Smashbox Photo Fonish Primer...and also discovered it looks great with the Mac Radiance in Yellow Primer. Those who like a more dewy look will love how this Primer gives this foundation a more dimensional and natural luminosity.

And it lasts all day too without getting patchy. Do yourself a favour fellow make up snobs and give this one a go.

on 3/5/2017 3:37:00 AM

Tried this foundation for the first time last night. It blended beautifully and looked amazing on the skin. It says pro-matte, which it is, but I'd say the finish is more demi-matte. My makeup lasted all night and never looked cakey. The coverage is very natural at first but I built it up into medium coverage. I was using the True Match before this and I enjoyed it, but this foundation is even better. I love this foundation, it's my new HG and I highly recommend it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this (well I made my husband buy it for me lol) to replace the awful "skin clearing" Neutrogena foundation i had been using. It was the drugstore foundation that received the best reviews online from what I gathered, so I went for it. I actually prefer a dewy look on my skin so I considered the "pro glow" but I heard a couple bad things about it that made me pick up the pro matte instead.

I think this is best applied with a sponge, but the coverage is damn near sheer at first. You need to do a second layer definitely, especially if you have more sightly flaws (blemishes, wrinkles etc) I found that it blends beautifully with my concealer (Maybelline Fit Me) and even though it doesn't need to be set with a powder, i do it anyway, and then blush and powder contour, then spray my face with the elf setting spray to get rid of the powdery look. This technique makes it melt into my skin and look beautiful and natural and satin instead of flat and matte and dead. I use the second to lightest shade (102) which is a little dark on me but this is actually w preference for me because I like to be a little tan. I blend it down my neck and it still looks natural. This foundation cakes a little after 5-6 hours, but it doesn't oxidize and the color stays true. It locks in place and stays in place for 12+ hours and is a very nice preforming foundation for the price (paid $12.99 USD). Would purchase again.

first time i've used this i had to layer three to four coats. didn't love it. wait for it... i've mixed my Becca Backlight Priming Filter with this one and holy guacamole, it stayed on forever and i had the most amazing glowish-mattish-cannot-explain-it moment of my life. buy this and becca! it will change your life!!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

People either love or hate this foundation, but for the truly oily-skinned it's like a hug from your long-lost fairy drugstore godmother. Formula is a slightly stiff liquid in a slimline squeezy tube (the light traveler's best friend). Slightly pricey for a drugstore foundation, but it does go on sale. Application takes some practice. Plenty of sad outcomes result from applying this with fingers or a brush--it will just sit on the skin and look like chalk paint. Better to apply in sections using ye olde BB quickly, as this stuff dries down ferociously fast, as do many long-wear products. After one layer it's hard to get this to look natural or skinlike, and if that's your thing--full, invisible coverage--this probably won't work. Once set, this stuff is loyal. Maybe not for 24 hours, but certainly it will stay put for a long, unretouched day (and possibly even a workout) although coverage dwindles as the hours add up, especially if you are face-toucher. Medium coverage, demi-matte (but mostly matte) finish softens after an hour of melding with the skin's natural oils. Self-powdering. Quite impressive oil-control properties, although shine will be inevitable (but blottable) on the very oily. Doesn't oxidize. Colours are hard to gauge on the shelf due to lame frosted window on the tube, so it's worth tracking down testers and or Youtubing reviews in advance. NC40 = 106 Sun Beige or 107 Fresh Beige, which are very close. Shades trend yellow, so cools or neutrals may have a frustrating time of it. Definitely not for the dry skinned.

on 2/24/2017 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Pros:
- Easy to blend and apply (I apply with beauty blender)
- Doesn't cling to dry patches
- Doesn't settle that much into wrinkles
- Doesn't oxydize
- Good shade range ( I choose natural rose which was a little pink for me, but I guess I could've chosen another shade)
- Good Coverage (Easy to layer to full coverage)
- It controls oils. It doens't control more oils than any other foundation for oily skin out there, but it's good.
- Looks so beautiful after being applied, it isn't a matte finish that it looks like it suck the life out of your skin, it's a matte that I can get it to look kind of natural and most important it looks flawless (Attention: Read cons! It doesn't stay like that for long!)

Cons:
- CAKEY! CAKEY! CAKEY! - I only use this foundation for 5 to 6hours top (it's when I start to get really oily). After that it looks so cakey that I can't bear myself to have that on my face. I have a lot of foundations, it's really hard to find a foundation to look kind of decent when you start to get oily, all foundations have some problem after that period, but this one is one of the worst. Looks like I've a bunch of bad makeup on my face and you can definitely see it from a far. I've tried different primers, powders, touch up, not put anything, nothing works, the foundation is the problem!
- It breaks - I guess this con comes hand to hand with the cakey face. It cakes because the foundation accumulates from one spot to another, leaving you with a uneven face, and the pores look terrible too.

Recommendations: Normal to oily skin. Maybe for people that won't get that oily won't fell the cakey effect this could be a great foundation. But for me, once you start to get oily it's a nightmare from there.

on 2/23/2017 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This foundation sting when I applied on my face. Felt like applying a toner that contain alcohol. My skin feel tight with this foundation on, like wearing a mask. Probably because I applied two layers to build up the coverage since one layer is not suffice to cover my imperfections.

Best applied with beauty blender, it reduced the powdery finish that usually achieved by using brush. However, upon blending, the foundation sometimes stick on the blender sponge and pulled off the 1st layer that I applied. I think if you want higher coverage, you should just start with more foundation, rather than building up 2nd layer which cause cakiness. It dries to a matte and powdery finish. It set really fast and once set, it won't budge. But if you tend to rub your face, the fading will look worse since you can't blend it again.

I think this foundation is not for people with skin textures, sensitive skin, dehydrated, and fine lines. I have oily skin but dehydrated and I love estee lauder double wear foundation. Unfortunately ELDW emphasized my pores, but it did not exaggerate my smile lines and the lines on my forehead. Weird thing is, pro matte reduced appearance of pores, its like a cement that cover the tiny holes (pores) but it emphasize all the tiny bumps and fine lines. From far, it look flawless, but up close, I felt like I was aging when wearing this foundation.

This foundation is hard to work with if you want to apply concealer as a highlight on top of this foundation. It looks cakey, as if u applied concealer after setting your foundation with powder. I have other foundation that dries to powdery finish, such as Bourjois Air Mat, but that foundation didn't cause cakiness upon layering like pro matte.

Lots of youtuber say that pro matte is medium coverage and buildable to almost full coverage. No! It isn't! If you only have problem like uneven skin tone, then most medium coverage foundation will appear near full coverage on you, but for people with pimples, acne scars and dark circle, you'll need separate concealer to conceal skin imperfection. This is nowhere comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear that can cover most imperfections without concealer. Am not trying to compare both since the price are totally different, but I'm giving a clarification since lots of people say that they are comparable.

This foundation does control oil and will stay put if you don't rub your face. But i wont repurchase because how tight it feels on skin when layered and I prefer foundation with fuller coverage