L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation

3.6

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Gluconate, Perlite, Magnesium Gluconate, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 12/31/2018 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a long-wearing, matte but not completely dull looking, medium to full coverage foundation. It wears long, and doesn't aggravate my dry skin, if my skin is well-prepped and doesn't look mask-like and heavy. I've been buying it, and using it fairly regularly since it was in the red-topped bottle.

It made its way to the bottom of my makeup drawer but today I fished it out and wore it; my complexion looks immaculate and the shade 101 continues to work well for my very fair winter skin. I think I have about 20 foundations at the moment and I've mostly been wearing hydrating formulas as of late. I forget how nicely some of these longwearing formulas can be.

The glow-y formulation of infallible seemed to highlight ever bump and pore of my skin. It wasn't flattering.

I'd like to give a shout-out to the original formula Cover Girl Outlast foundation as well; Cover Girl's is slightly more sheer than Infallible.

Shout-out number 2: We have some really great cosmetic options from non-prestige products.

on 7/15/2018 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried this foundation several times since it came out. I think they changed the formula. The shades are mostly yellow which is not that favorable. I settled for 104 for my NC30 skin. The problem with this foundation is that it separates in very little pieces once it settles. I changed the shade to 103 thinking that the problem was with the shade. 103 looked ashy on me and I still saw the separation of the foundation. Bottom line is that this foundation looks like a bad mask. Not recommended!

on 6/14/2018 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This has been a good foundation for my 51-y/o oily skin. After trying many, many high-end samples and drugstore brands that I had to return, I bought YSL All Hours and while I liked it, this foundation performs just as well or better for a fraction of the price. I get oily around my nose, which no foundation can fix (IMO) but overall it plays like a champ! My mature friends, give it a try!

on 3/19/2018 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have dry sensitive skin and i love this foundation. tried the pro glow but it broke me out and this has better coverage. i like it more than many of the high end brands i have tried. the shade golden beige is about an nc25 in mac

on 10/28/2017 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am not normally into matte foundations but now that the weather is turning chillier I suddenly looked at my dewy reflection in the mirror and felt that it wasn't quite right anymore. I picked this foundation up at Boots simply because I had read enough positive reviews and it wasn't too expensive so it was worth the gamble. It is an interesting foundation, on the light side as for coverage but pretty total matte as for the finish. I have dry skin and this foundation tends to cling to dry patches on my face that I didn't even know I had! Prepping the skin with rich emollients is a must, as doubling the dose around chin and nose. For this reason I don't really like it on its own but when I mix it with dewier foundations I really love the results. I wish the coverage was a touch more consistent but considered the price, the packaging and even the shade (20 sand=NC 25ish) I think that as a mixing medium it is excellent.

on 9/17/2017 6:06:00 PM

Colour matched well by Shoppers Drug Mart rep...or so she thought. On the first day, I used two washes of toner before applying but throughout the day it turned orange on my temples and was bronze-y after about 8 hours. The next day I used a light moisturizer but it just made the foundation separate and last for only about 6 hours. On the third day I put it on bare skin which just made me itch plus it was dry looking. I returned it to SDM. Not recommended.

This is a super performing grocery store/drug store foundation and you only use small amounts, so it lasts a long time. It's important to moisturize and prime before applying though, or it can be difficult to blend, but with proper preparation it is the best foundation I've ever used. I can get through busy 16 hour shifts and my make up looks all right when I leave, and that's with minimal 1-2 powder touch ups. Before using this after about 6 hours in my face was shiny and my make up would be coming off and just looked like crap, no matter what I used. But this make up stays, looks good, and drastically reduces shine. It goes on with pretty impressive coverage as well, and you can build further if need be. I don't even use concealer anymore because I can just sponge on and blend a little extra foundation under the eyes and on problem areas and it works/covers better than the expensive concealers I have. You do need to apply it quickly, in small amounts, to small areas at a time, because it dries pretty fast and then you can't blend it. Also,it's easy to over apply and end up with a heavy, mask type look if you aren't careful and use too much. Starting light and adding if needed is the best way to go. It is quite possible to get a light make up look with this, although the Infallible pro glow is probably a little better for a lighter, dewy look (although I don't think the coverage is a quite as good). Anyhow, if you are someone who needs coverage and/or has acne issues, or just needs your makeup to wear though super long days, I can't recommend this foundation enough. I do use other products that definitely augment the performance; I moisturize and apply primer beforehand, then I apply the pro matte foundation with a dampened beauty blender type sponge with a little primer rubbed on the end, and apply using a rapid stippling motion. I go over problem areas using concealer sponge. I also powder puff on Dermablend translucent setting powder and let it "bake" for a minute or two, then I brush the excess powder off with a soft brush, and after my whole face is done, I use one of the urban decay make up setting sprays, although the infallible make up setting spray is really good if you are watching your budget. It is less than half the price of UD setting sprays and performs almost as well. All that being said, I have to say that it's not just the powder and setting sprays that are making the difference in the wear here, because I've used them with other foundations and didn't have near the results as I do with the Infallible Pro Matte...I was checking out at the grocery store and the clerk was putting this in the bag and she said "OMG this is best foundation isn't it? I love this stuff; it's like I can't live without it!" I agree and am absolutely thrilled I stumbled on it. It's definitely worth a try if you are looking for flattering, long wearing makeup, good coverage where needed, and less shine.

on 8/28/2017 3:10:00 PM

I have to say I really like this foundation. I have been a fan of Mac Pro Longwear for a very long time. For me, this foundation does not have the same staying power, but it is long wearing. The Mac foundation lasted until I went to bed, the L'Oréal starts showing separation and break down on my nose and starts really showing texture on my cheeks after about 7 hours of wear. Besides that, it is silky and applies smoothly on the skin. I have used a Beauty Blender and a buffing type foundation brush to apply and have used no primer and primer and it works well with either method. It is about a medium coverage for me and that is fine enough because I don't have a lot I am trying to cover. The coverage is enough to make my slightly mature skin look flawless. I think, like most foundations, after a while it does tend to crease in my smile lines so I try to apply lightly where I think creasing may occur. I would recommend it if you are looking for a drugstore foundation that is long wearing and skin like.

on 8/27/2017 11:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually got this in the Pro-Glow.
There was nothing glow about it though and it was $12 out the window.
I got 203 which at first was a good match for my light yellow toned skin. BUT - talk about Oxidation ".......... I was soon turned into an orangey tan moon above my light chest and arms.
It has decent medium coverage but I was on a short business trip and had my picture taken. Of all the bad timing to try a new foundation.
So no, I won't be repurchasing this!

on 5/23/2017 8:41:00 PM

At 51, I am on the hunt for the holy grail. After my daughter raved about this , I decided to give it a shot. Classic ivory is a perfect match for me.

Unfortunately, this reminds me of my grandmothers compact powder makeup from the sixties. Except it does not remind me of my grandmother. It has an almost papery, dry texture.

On my aging skin, it's not a good thing. It does not allow my cream blush to sink into my skin, it just sat on top of the powder.

This is going straight to my daughter. It looks great on her. She's 16. If you're 16, you will love this. If you are not-- run, run as fast as you can.