MAC Prep and Prime Fix+

MAC Prep and Prime Fix+
Prep and Prime Fix+Prep and Prime Fix+

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. I always keep a backup just incase I run out. This leaves your skin with a healthy glow even with a full face of makeup on.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been using MAC fix plus spray for years and I cannot live without it! The mist on the spray is perfect for even distribution across the face without ruining your makeup. It can be applied after makeup is completed as it keeps your face from looking cakey or it can be sprayed before makeup for added moisture. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

If you have dark skin and have trouble with eye shadow not being pigmented enough to show up, THIS IS FOR YOU!!!! All my life I have had trouble getting my eye shadow looks to look as good or be true to colour. A tiny little spray of Fix+ on my brush (the spray pump allows you to spray the smallest amount of product of you want, which is great for an eye shadow brush), then dip into my eye shadow and then AMAZING. Colours show up on my NW48 skin. As long as MAC makes this spray, I will purchase over and over again.

on 4/5/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

“Fix +,” which is also seen sometimes as “Instantly Fix Plus,” is one of MAC’s most praised products, mentioned frequently in beauty magazines and by reviewers on YouTube. I can see why it’s a popular product, but it’s not my favorite thing MAC has to offer. If I use it liberally the way people do in videos, it looks excessively shiny, almost greasy on me because my skin isn't particularly dry. However, it’s an interesting spray and it feels refreshing on the skin. I recently bought the coconut Fix + and I prefer it to the regular fragrance.

PROS:

Fix + feels comfortable, moist, and refreshing. Women with very dry skin tend to love this. If your skin is parched, this can give you a dewy look.

It can be used as a mixing medium to intensify the color of shadows. If you have any of MAC’s loose pigments, you can control them by spraying your eye brush (such as MAC’s 239 short paddle brush) with this before applying the pigments – there is less fallout using this method and the colors will stay put longer.

You can use it on clean skin like a toner before makeup. It feels moisturizing.

You can spritz it on a makeup sponge (instead of water) to prevent your Beautyblender or Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge from absorbing too much foundation.

It contains caffeine which can help minimize redness.

You can lock the pump if you need to.

CONS:

The nozzle doesn't disperse a very fine mist. It's a sloppy spray, in my experience, so I have to spray it onto a Beautyblender and dab it on sparingly. Otherwise it makes me look greasy and can even emphasize pores. Every time I’ve sprayed it directly onto my face, I’ve hated the way it looks and I’ve compensated by going over it with MAC Blot Powder. I have combination skin with a somewhat oily T-zone.

It contains fragrance, and I’m not someone who enjoys spraying fragrance directly into my face. The original Fix + stings my eyes if it accidentally gets close to them. However, the coconut scent is lighter, milder, and less noticeable that the regular scent.

I have repurchased Fix + a few times over the years, and people with dry skin rave about it. It's not a must-have for me. I consider the truly waterproof Liquidlast eyeliner and Blot Powder to be essential, but "Fix +" or "Instantly Fix Plus" is something that I can live without when my budget does not permit unnecessary splurges.

$24 for 3.4 ounces

INGREDIENTS:

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol.

on 3/26/2017 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read countless reviews before taking the plunge and shelling out for the small size of this product because it is sooooooo expensive. But, I figured I must be missing out on something extraordinary so I indulged my curiousity and bought the coconut scented one. Not a lot of product for a huge price and I would get over it much faster if this was doing something spectacular for me but it's not. It does hydrate my skin, a huge plus. But I actually prefer Pixi Milky Mist to this for hydration which I also find to be super calming on my skin. As far as intensifying eyeshadows... I've used a mist of rose water to do the same and it worked just fine as well. As a setting spray, I didn't find this any better than anything else I've tried. Finally, the spray nozzle isn't the finest I've tried and for the price it could be better. Despite all of that, this is a good product, just not worth the price which is why I've given it a rating of only 3 lippies. I'm not a huge fan of MAC products in general and frankly I find their sales staff incredibly difficult to deal with but those facts aside I do evaluate the product on it's own merits.

Top 3 good qualities about this:
1. Hydrating
2. Scented options
3. Locking nozzle dispenser

I absolutely love it. I use it for foiled eyeshadow and to set my makeup or prep my face. It doesn't feel heavy or tacky and smells great.

on 3/24/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My uses for Mac Fix+ :

1. foil eyeshadow (but im just as likely to use contact lens solution)

2. after powdering, followed by a good setting spray (ud allnighter or skindinavia). this is one of the most valuable uses for me as fix+ magically removes extra powder/cake from the face.. add setting spray and that face is locked down

3. as the last part of setting process (no setting spray afterward).. just letting the fix+ set everything as much as it does on its own. leaves a nice finish. the glycerin forms a bit of a protective layer on the foundation to help keep it moisturized.

4. as a prep spray before foundation... again with the glycerin to keep skin moisturized and act as a bit of a primer for foundation.

5. spray in between coats of foundation... same as #4. (i dont really do this one but i know some other people who do)

6. as a refresher spray before touching up foundation and powder products. freshens the existing makeup by providing moisture and a bit of priming for adding on, without causing anything to run or come off. one of its most valuable uses to me.

7. feels refreshing due to a bunch of extracts and optional scent. great kept cold in the fridge for hot summer days

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this as i use the coconut scent,bc if your a dewy person like me, this hits the spot for setting your make-up and isn't pricey either..10$ for a carry bottle and can just whip out and spray anytime anywhere! The ONLY thing i don't like is the fact that i do have to spray more often than i like to keep my dewy look...Now I'm aware this is for setting but when i bought it i was told i wouldn't have to use it alot through the day..soo,the pro is it DOES work but the con is you do have to use more often than i feel is needed. If your like me and work 9+hrs a day definitely keep a carry all bottle with ya 😘❤ otherwise love this!

I have been using this for a long time but have never made a review about this product. I have used this product for a couple years now and it is in my holy grail division. I have tried many setting sprays and this one just beats the ones I have tried. I like how this takes away the powdery look after you mix all of your makeup together. I love how once you spray you face after you apply all your make up it gives you just the right of dewy ness to your look. Yes it is a little pricey but definitely a must have.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Such a lovely spray! However, while I think the spray is awesome, the spray BOTTLE is phenomenal. It is the perfect vehicle to carry such a substance. When you press down the button, you get a light, even mist that covers the face wonderfully.

Fix + does as advertised. It makes my layers of powder meld nicely into my face. It intensifies eye shadows. It works just as advertised.

It also pairs well with a fixing spray. After finishing my makeup, I spray a light layer of Fix+, wait a minute or so, then spray with a fixing spray. This combination gives me a soft satin-matte finish that won't feel dry and tight during the day.

Popular Face Skincare Products