MAC Cosmetics Prep and Prime Fix+

MAC Cosmetics Prep and Prime Fix+
Prep and Prime Fix+Prep and Prime Fix+

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 3/15/2019 9:32:00 AM

Jumping on the holy grail bandwagon. I have heard about this for years, but never wanted to spend the money on this. I figured it was overhyped and wouldn’t be so amazing where I would be thrilled with spending almost $30 on a spray. So when I found a travel pack on sale for Xmas I sprung on it and ....

This stuff is amazing. I wear a lot of mattifying products and this makes everything mesh together. It basically is the one “moisturizing” thing I do to my face and it balances out the matte foundation and powders! I had even tried the UD spray everyone loves and that did not jive with my skin so I assumed this would be the same. Not at all.

I believe it deserves all the hype it gets and although it makes my wallet cry I’m almost out of my current one and going to order another one. Now that I see how good my skin can look, I just don’t want to be without it.

on 3/11/2019 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have a million of these (minis too) laying around various rooms and purses for a refreshing mist throughout day. I’ve dampened beauty blenders with them but find that kind of a waste of $$ spray and prefer water. don’t love the scented ones; the original scent I LOOOOVE! I actually put most of the scented ones in the fridge for my kids to use when they come inside from playing and are hot and sweaty in the summer haaaa.

The MAIN USE for this is not prolonged wear - that is UD all nighter etc. This is to make powders melt into skin and blend all makeups at the end into a skin-like finish! For that it is the bomb! Also like I said I use to refresh dry skin, and if I want to retouch SPF with a powder one over makeup I spray to not look powdery. Or, I spray BEFORE makeup to be nice and dewy. I don’t think oily people need this. Well I guess for shadows and stuff or to moisten the blender. I certainly never messed with it til older and dry.

I’m completely obsessed with the pink shimmer one (gold too but pink more on my nw10-20 skin). Please make permanent MAC you freaks.

on 3/8/2019 1:51:00 PM

Honestly, I thought this product was going to just another over hyped thing. I didn't have high expectations. I was wrong. I've tried dozens of setting sprays. This one is special. It doesn't make my makeup last longer. It just melts everything in perfectly and leaves a beautiful, dewy sheen. I've haven't tried anything that leaves a finish like this. I do wish MAC would stop raising the price tho. It's great but damn. Slow down MAC.

Pros:
Even, light spritz. Perfect spay bottle.
Melts makeup into the skin.
Leaves a gorgeous skin like, dewy sheen.

Cons:
A little pricey.
Doesn't effect makeup longevity.

I don't like the price but this one's a keeper.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Great finishing spray to hold makeup in place. It is light and smells great but really helps to extend the wear of makeup. I also like to use this to deepen eyeshadow colors that might not be super pigmented. You can spray this on a shadow/brush and get a more pigmented and longer wearing eyeshadow look. Very useful product.

on 2/12/2019 12:57:00 AM

Soooo many people rave about this spray but i just don’t see why. The first bottle i got SQUIRTED the liquid like a meter away and it accidentally hit me directly in the eye so that wasn’t fun. They sent me another one and the bottle works but it just spits. Doesn’t spray as finely as the UD all-nighter. I would examine my makeup after using this fix plus and it doesn’t seem to do anything except get it wet. Then once it dries it just looks the same. I thought the glycerin in it was supposed to make your makeup look more natural and skin-like but it doesn’t do anything for me.

on 2/5/2019 8:19:00 AM

breaks me out, so I hate it. I prefer UD all nighter.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Favourite multipurpose setting spray. It’s sets the make up, refreshes my skin, I use it as a pigment glue, to intensify eyeshadows, to make eyeliners out of eyeshadows... It’s a favourite of many people and I’m one of them.

Eh I mean...not crazy about it. I spray it on when my face is dry or before makeup. Doesn’t do anything spectacular. Could probably find a more affordable spray. Might not repurchase once I’m finished using.

on 1/2/2019 5:44:00 AM

Not sure why this is getting rave reviews.. the spray is harsh and it makes my skin wet (actual drops, even though I don't even spray it that close), sometimes it even smudges my mascara. It doesn't really seem to do much for my make up either. This was a let down tbh

on 12/28/2018 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So color me obsessed with this spray. It really does what it claims. I used it to dampen my RT sponge and to set my makeup for the day. I get a good 8 hours of staying power with this spray. I am really impressed and now I understand the hype. I am on my 2nd bottle and will continue to repurchase.