MAC Prep and Prime Fix+

MAC Prep and Prime Fix+
Prep and Prime Fix+Prep and Prime Fix+

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

I'm not sure if I buy into the hype with this. The only time I've used it as a primer or as a setting spray was when I get my makeup done at the MAC counter. Each of those 15 or 20 times, I have found that my skin is still oily within an hour or two; however, that could just be because of how much foundation they use. Having said that, I do love this for the purpose of foiling my pigments or frost or lustre shadows. It's much more effective than water and makes it stay all day. I've been meaning to try it with glitter for my lips but haven't gotten around to it. It is quite expensive to use it exclusively for shiny eye looks on a night out but I guess worth trying.

on 6/19/2017 3:01:00 PM

Holy grail for a dewy skin finish. Stops the powdery look and gives a pretty glow. Doesnt help my makeup last longer but i dont think its supposed to. Loooove!

MAC Prep and Prime Fix+ is my holy grail! It's light, sprays as a light mist, and you get so much product for the price. I spray this on my skin after my primer before I start my makeup, spray it on my beauty blender before concealer blending, and always get a nice even spray all over at the end of my routine (I even sometimes spray my foundation brush before I blend in foundation...what can I say, I love this stuff!). Definitely makes an impact when it comes to makeup lasting and not moving around your face throughout the day. Have yet to find another setting spray like this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product, I like what it makes my makeup do. I have had the mini versions of the original and rose-scented fix+.

I use this after powder and before using an actual setting spray, as I know this won't help the longevity of my makeup at all. It does, however, make the powder and makeup just meld with my face and look flawless and a bit glowy/dewy. The spray on here is also really good and creating a fine mist.

I've taken off one lippie just because it's so expensive (for what it is) and you can absolutely find/make this for cheaper. I found a beautiful rosewater+glycerin facial spray at Winners for CAD$10 that does exactly the same thing and contains better ingredients. I think you could probably also make your own for cheaper than that.

Once I finish this bottle, I'll probably refill it with another setting spray or glycerin-water because the nozzle is really good.

on 6/10/2017 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great product for setting makeup. Love using it as an eyeshadow 'primer' as well. (I spray my brush and collect the eyeshadow from the pan and then apply to my lid. The colour is sooo much more intensified.) If your powder makeup falls and breaks into pieces, Fix+ can be applied to the pan and help bind the powdered chunks back into its container like new. I really like the scent of this spray very clean smelling, a little perfumey but tolerable. Helps powder makeup appear less powdery/cakey, adding a slight dewy glow. Leaves face feeling soft and fresh. A definite staple in my make up regimen.

on 5/30/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolute must. I don't wear eyeshadow without this anymore. Smells amazing. Slightly pricey, but worth it in the end! I spray over my whole face when I'm done w makeup and it sets without that Dewey look. I have oily skin so it balances it out nicely.

Okay, so I never understood the hype of this product. Again, all of the beauty gurus/youtubers/bloggers were all on a mission to turn everyone on to this miraculous product. I stood firm on my resolve NOT to spray my perfectly applied make-up and set face with a LIQUID, risking runny mascara and a hot mess to follow. That is....until recently. I am weak, I admit it, I am weak when it comes to all things beauty and skin care (and my wallet feels it!)! A good friend of mine works at our sole MAC counter on the tiny island I reside on and he just raved about it, too. I allowed him to spray my face and thought to myself "I'm going to hate it" ....and then I looked in the mirror an hour later and thought, "wow, I think this may have actually given a nice glow to my skin and I don't see any mascara running down my face". Needless to say, I'm now on the Prep and Prime Fix+ train. I use it daily and will more than likely repurchase it. I will say that after finally giving in and trying this specific product I ventured into a few others (UD All Nighter, etc) and I was not impressed with them solely because the sprayer was so heavy and left large spots on my face because it didn't spray evenly. I will stick to the MAC obsessed product that has made me a believer (and my make-up stash larger and my wallet a little smaller.....LOL).

This product brake me out so baddd

on 4/30/2017 11:48:00 AM

I knew about this product many many years ago but didn't get on the boat with the rest of the YouTube community as I thought this product was over-hyped. Long story short, walked into a MAC counter, wanted to spend money, didn't know what to get to so I decided to try the Fix+ thingy for the sake of spending my hard earned money.

I'm now on my second bottle. I usually spray it after my makeup is entirely done and about to leave home to go to work. Sometimes my make up can be a bit to powdery since I have to set my foundation with powder as I have combo-oily skin. The spray helps "blending" everything together seamlessly if that makes sense, it basically makes the powder less visible and less matte, makes your skin look like human again after beating it with layers and layers of makeup. It also refreshes your skin a bit, feels nice not gonna lie.

I'm very abundant with my face, I'd go in with 4-5 spritz or even more depending on how cakey my face looks that day. This spray is great, the spray does distribute the product evenly, doesn't break me out, doesn't ruin my makeup at all (even when I can feel it drips down my cheek) but it doesn't help with oil control whatsoever, if you are a grease ball, you will be a grease ball, just blot. It's an extra step to my routine, can live without it but prefer not to.

I say buy it if you have extra cash and use powder on a regular basis, it will minimize the visibility of the powderyness. The only downside is the price, from where I live the price for the spray is almost the same as the MAC lipstick. Meh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. I always keep a backup just incase I run out. This leaves your skin with a healthy glow even with a full face of makeup on.

Popular Face Skincare Products