MAC Prep and Prime Fix+

MAC Prep and Prime Fix+
Prep and Prime Fix+Prep and Prime Fix+

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/13/2017 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for over 10 years and I can't believe I haven't written a review yet! I love this spray. It sets my makeup, takes away any powdery-ness, makes everything melt into my skin for flawlessness, keeps my skin hydrated all day. I switched to the Evian spray because I wanted a fine mist spray but immediately went back to this because the Evian spray made my face dry. I'm not a huge fan of how it sprays out but I can live with it.

on 10/8/2017 10:34:00 PM

I am a facial spray junkie.. Everything from $8 Heritage rosewater and glycerin, to $48 Tatcha dewy mist spray.. Some are just for refreshing makeup on the go, some I like to use as a final step at night over my serum and night cream, especially some of my aloe sprays. I'm a huge MAC fan, but didn't purchase fix + until recently, since I just had too many spray type beauty products... I use fix + over MAC's mineral charged water gel moisturizer, then apply foundation, then spray my foundation again to meld it into my skin, then go on to apply the rest of my face...don't really carry it in my purse, I prefer to carry a rosewater spray, plus rosewater is cheaper and effective in the same way.. I do like fix+, and I think I will always have it on hand in my stash.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This not a setting spray it does take the powdery look away however it does not set the makeup it's more of a hydration / refresher with nutrients for the skin can be used before makeup,also to spritz ur brush to enhance the color of ur eyeshadow so it shows up true to color on the eyelids and before setting spray but it will not lock ur makeup in place it's a go to for me b4 my setting spray .

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This added moisture in my face which is oily but dry. Also my makeup stayed on during workout. Excellent product.. the hype is deserved.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product does not do much in terms or priming or setting my makeup but I do love using it to increase the pigment of eyeshadows. I spray a little on my brushes and it makes me eyeshadow look brighter, bolder and last a little longer. Would not buy again as its a glorified eye primer for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, you get A LOT of product in this bottle. I got mine in December and I finished it in July..I do my makeup everyday.
I personally like it better as a priming spray, rather than a setting one. It gives the skin a tacky texture, perfect for applying the foundation on. It does the trick with the enhancement of eyeshadow pigments and it works as a setting spray too, without leaving the skin feel too heavy.
Very versatile and again,,a loooot of product inside. I ran out of 5 setting sprays by the time I finished my FIX+

on 8/31/2017 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Honestly im on the fence about this one! I got a limited edition coconut scented one so the smell is gorgous and my skin def feels a bit more hydrated after spritzing it on before I go ahead and put on the makeup but if I do the usual - serum, moisturiser, sunscreen then prep + prime it's just a bit of an overkill for my skin! (Over moisturised...sweaty looking skin in some pics) :0

To buy this as a "primer"...not a good call...
if you dont have time to moisturise then good to "prep" the skin definatly. Worth it.

Think It will work better in the winter when wearing more powders/matt looks , when the bb creams and dewy-ness of the summer is over.

With a matt face it does take away that powdery look so as others before have said, spritz over the completed face.

Less is more with this product...but when it smells so coconutty and nice it's hard to stop spraying!!

on 8/31/2017 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this recently as I ran out of my Heritage Rosewater & Glycerin spray. I use it as a refresher, before I put on makeup, eye shadow foiling, etc.
I do like Fix +. But it performs exactly the same as the Rosewater & Glycerin spray. It's just way more expensive for a smaller bottle. I pay 5 or 6$ for 8 ounces of the Heritage. Fix + is like 25$ for less than 4 ounces.

The only thing I like better is the spray bottle, it delivers a fine mist that's really hard to beat. But the Heritage has 2 ingredients, no synthetic fragrance, and is cost effective.

I like a lot of MAC stuff, but this is a pass for me.

on 8/30/2017 10:30:00 AM

Primes well the skin before make up because contains glycerin. Make up sticks well to glycerin.
This product contains good skincare ingredients such as cucumber extract, caffeine and chamomelia extract.
If you spray it after your make up, it does prolong it a little bit but most off all this helps get rid of the powdery look if you applied much powders. Works perfect as an eyeshadow intensifier. I also spray my mascara tube with a spritz if it has dried down and revives the mascara without changing the result. Smells very nice. Works well if you spray your sponge blender with it and blend your foundation or powder. Great face mist if I want something quick to hydrate. It does not break me up ( I have oily combo skin). Contains Hydrogenated Castor Oil, that's maybe why some people break out with the use of it, but the oil helps your powders blend and it "fixes" them. It's a fixing spray in my opinion, not a setting spray. It is expensive but I will buy it again because of its multiuses.

on 8/25/2017 3:48:00 AM

Let me start off by saying that this is for prepping and priming just as it says so on the bottle so I don't know why so many people get this confused with being a setting spray(?) Secondly, BE CAREFUL buying face products from MAC as it tends to make some people break out which they may not notice until they use the product more than once.

So I bought this because I had to spend a minimum amount at MAC and the lady over there used this on me while doing my make up. Anyways, it works as a good primer and it definitely helps make my make up look less powder-y and more natural. It's a bit overpriced though, and I wouldn't recommend spending money on this unless you got that kind of money to blow, because honestly you could probably find something a little cheaper that does the same thing. I'm not a big fan of the nozzle either.

Popular Face Skincare Products