MAC Prep and Prime Fix+

MAC Prep and Prime Fix+
Prep and Prime Fix+Prep and Prime Fix+

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

If I could bathe in this product I would hehe

I use it on myself after applying powder to my face. And I love using it on my clients. It is a true secret weapon for a flawless face :)

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love this stuff. I have dry skin and if I spray this on my face it makes it feel hydrated. This spray is also good to make your foundation look 'dewy'. This is most popular for using on eyeshadows to make them come out more pigmented.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I used this to prime and hydrate my face before makeup application. Made my foundation go on easily and took the dryness look away. However after about 2 weeks using I noticed after taking my makeup off I noticed irritation bumps in different spots and minors breakouts so I stopped using. I think it may be due to the synthetic vitamin E. Dissapointing but oh well on to the next one

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Sprayed after powder, this spray does make my makeup look nicer and more skin-alike, but If I use a mattifying powder like, say, rimmel stay matte, the melted-makeup-skin-alike-effect disappears as soon as it dries out on the skin.
The scent does not bother me, it's totally unremarkable.
As far as the use for foiling eyeshadow goes, this does the same thing as any eye drops.
The name "Fix+" is misleading, for it does not prolong the wear of anything. At least, it does not disrupt my makeup. The travel size costs whopping 22 us dollars at the local MAC stores where I live (+ 5 us dollars shipping if ordered online). It lasts me a week or less (you have to spray a lot). The spray-clowd is not particularly fine, nozzle not that great. It's nice but not a must-have by any means. If I can get an alternative for a lower price, i'll buy it. I would buy it again in some other country where it is cheaper.

on 7/28/2017 1:59:00 PM

This product is a must for every beginner. I used to have a powder-ish look which was annoying, after setting the makeup with powder. But now, after spraying this, it blends the makeup well. The makeup looks much smoother now, and it really made a difference. Also I haven't noticed any changes in my skin (it didnt cause a breakout or so).

Conclousion; go for it

on 7/24/2017 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

So i have both MAC fix+ and Tatcha mists and must say that while i really love Tatcha, Fix+ is just as good. I dont think either are meant to set makeup, but rather make the makeup look prettier for longer. Both are dewy finish with Fix+ a touch dewier. I have combo skin and winter I grt dry patches in the center of my face and the mist really helps. My makeup still start to disappear at around 8 hour mark with or without spray so if you are looking for a setting spray perhaps try find something else.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS NOT A SETTING SPRAY. this is a primer and a mist that hydrates the skin before base products. it makes your foundation look smoother and prevents cake face.

Does not really set my makeup as a setting spray. But love thay it provides moisture and fix my foundation by not making it cakes and removing dry patches. As a base/primer, it works really well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In love with this stops caking & helps makeup last all day. After spraying on my face I usually tap it in with a beauty blender or any sponge really. Smells nice too!

on 7/5/2017 12:14:00 AM

I bought this as my first setting spray due to the rave reviews. Unfortunately, I don't believe this is a setting spray as it does not make my makeup last any longer. Also, I was hopping for a satin-matte finish but this gives a dewy finish.

The bottle and spray works well. But because I purchased this as a makeup setting spray, I will not be repurchasing. I will have to try another that will give a matte finish that last all day.

Popular Face Skincare Products