MAC Prep and Prime Fix+

MAC Prep and Prime Fix+
Prep and Prime Fix+Prep and Prime Fix+

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/18/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! If I ever look or feel a little dry or flaky a few spritzes of this product and I can continue on with my makeup. Amazing!

on 2/14/2017 10:03:00 AM

my first day using this and I can already say it's going to be a staple in my makeup collection. I would spend so much time doing my makeup and it would look great.... but leave a powdery look to my face. no more! this transforms my final look... making my face look dewy and fresh... can transform eyeshadow and makes it just POP. the hype over this is real and I'm so glad I purchased. I have bought cheaper things trying to get this effect.... no go. while this is spendy.... it's the only product that gives me the effect I want. will repurchase!

on 2/9/2017 6:19:00 PM

My makeup is nothing without using fix plus .. gives u fresh , bright makeup .. nice finish for the look

on 2/9/2017 2:55:00 AM

This is my holy grail product! I have gone through a good 3 bottles of this in a couple of months. I use it before makeup to freshen my face, on brushes to strengthen the pigmentation of eyeshadows and after my makeup to lock it in place. The price is a little steep but I would still continue to repurchase this.

on 2/7/2017 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this as a way to hydrate my face when it needs an extra boost. I put it on under my foundation or before concealer, and it helps combat the little winter flakes that I sometimes get. It makes my skin nice and smooth.

on 2/7/2017 12:58:00 AM

Holy grail

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I adore Fix +. I can use it in so many ways. I mix it with full coverage foundation on my paw palette to thin it out. I mist it on over my moisturizer for extra hydration. I even spray it on my eyeshadow brush to pull more pigment out of an eyeshadow. If my makeup is looking dull or powdery in the middle of the day, I spray it on to refresh my face. I also really like the packaging. It doesn't dispense too much spray and it is the perfect fine mist. I will continue to purchase this and would cry if MAC ever changed the formula.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

MAC Fix+ is nothing more than watern+ glycerin + some other ingredients which don't effect the result that much. I like using Fix+, don't get me wrong, I like the result I get: glowing, dewy skin without any hints of powdery skin. It makes the products not just sit on your skin, they melt together into your skin which gives you a natural finish. That's all really cool and practical but since you can do your own setting spray (yes, it's a setting spray, if you want to know why just google the difference between a fixing and a setting spray) with water, glycerin and rose water (last ingredient is optional). That's why I chose to give this a negative rating on the price. I know that MAC will never sell a product for less than 10 bucks, but in my opinion this is overpriced.

It took me a very long time to convince myself to try this. I finally purchased the travel size and it's almost empty because it has changed the game so hard for me. I use this as a primer of sorts, I'll spray it on and either bounce it in with my sponge or buff it with my brush, depending on my weapon of choice for the day. Apply foundation, then spray it on my mini sponge (pre-dampened) and pounce it under my eye before my concealer and it's like I'm using a completely different concealer. It just blends and settles into the skin so much better with this. Sometimes, depending on the finish I want, I'll spray it over a finished face to help settle the powders back. I haven't tried using it to foil eyeshadows as I have another product for that, but but foundation never looks nearly as good unless I have this underneath.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like most make-up enthusiasts I've tried make-up setting sprays before. I've never found one that made such a difference that I wanted to spend the money and add it to my make-up routine. Well now I know what I've been missing! I use liquid foundation that dries matte, loose powder, powder bronzer and powder blush. I have to be careful not to end up too "powdery" after all of that especially since I'm in my late 40's now and sometimes matte is not my friend. I use Mac Prep and Fix as a fixative spray only and WOW!!! The packaging is perfect because it comes out in a very fine mist that doesn't spot up my make-up. It's hard to explain but it "merges" all of my powdery make-up together and gets rid of any over powdered areas. It imparts this beautiful sheen (without glitter) to my face and neck! It also gives my make-up staying power and a little goes a long way (i spray an "X" on my face). This is a product that I will never be without now and I wish I had found it sooner!!!

Popular Face Skincare Products