MAC Prep and Prime Fix+

MAC Prep and Prime Fix+
Prep and Prime Fix+Prep and Prime Fix+

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This isn't for me...
The biggest problem with this product is the bottle. The nozzle gives too strong mist, it isn't fine and it isn't airy. It sprays too strong and gives too much product in a single spritz.
No matter what it stays sticky on my skin (I have normal to dry, dehydrated skin). It makes it looks oily.
I've tried it for foiling my eyeshadow, but too much product comes out of the bottle to spritz my little flat brush.

Not impressed, can't recommend.

on 11/7/2017 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This isn't a bad product at all if you know what you're purchasing. First of all, as many have already said, this is NOT a fixing spray (i.e. I do not find it extends the wear of my makeup). It's more of a finishing spray that just takes away any powdery-ness and melts all the makeup together. On my dry skin? That's pretty nice. I also don't find it particularly good at priming either but, again, that's not why I personally purchased it. The reasons I'm not giving it more than 3 stars is 1) there are now really awesome dupes available that do just as good, if not a better, job at a fraction of the cost (i.e. Milani Make it Last setting spray does the exact same thing but it also extends my makeup more than fix+), 2) the spray on my bottle is a bit finnicky - while it is a fine mist for the most part, sometimes it does shoot out in between which can be a little annoying for the price that you pay 3) MAC tests on animals and I'm trying to go cruelty free. I'm a self proclaimed spray mist junkie and so I also just purchased the elf setting spray to test it out for what I've heard is a similar performance. I am too happy to dish out cash for really good fixing/setting spray that prolongs my makeup without drying out my skin, unfortunately, this just doesn't give me enough benefits to justify the price tag.

I have been using this product for 2 years and will keep repurchasing it. It is a STAPLE in my makeup routine and I swear by it. Pros: - helps minimize texture by freshening up makeup - keeps skin looking dewy and healthy after foundation application - doesn't break you out - lasts a long time Cons: - The price Things to know: - this really isn't a setting spray more so that it is to keep makeup looking fresh, as a setting spray it doesn't do much but in combination with one it is AMAZING.

I've been using Mac Prep and Prime Fix + for about 3 years and I LOVE it! It refreshes my makeup and sets it perfectly. It helps with my eyeshadow pigmentation too! The only complaint I could even possibly think of would be the price. But considering one bottle lasts me 6 months, it's worth EVERY penny!!

on 10/13/2017 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for over 10 years and I can't believe I haven't written a review yet! I love this spray. It sets my makeup, takes away any powdery-ness, makes everything melt into my skin for flawlessness, keeps my skin hydrated all day. I switched to the Evian spray because I wanted a fine mist spray but immediately went back to this because the Evian spray made my face dry. I'm not a huge fan of how it sprays out but I can live with it.

on 10/8/2017 10:34:00 PM

I am a facial spray junkie.. Everything from $8 Heritage rosewater and glycerin, to $48 Tatcha dewy mist spray.. Some are just for refreshing makeup on the go, some I like to use as a final step at night over my serum and night cream, especially some of my aloe sprays. I'm a huge MAC fan, but didn't purchase fix + until recently, since I just had too many spray type beauty products... I use fix + over MAC's mineral charged water gel moisturizer, then apply foundation, then spray my foundation again to meld it into my skin, then go on to apply the rest of my face...don't really carry it in my purse, I prefer to carry a rosewater spray, plus rosewater is cheaper and effective in the same way.. I do like fix+, and I think I will always have it on hand in my stash.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This added moisture in my face which is oily but dry. Also my makeup stayed on during workout. Excellent product.. the hype is deserved.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, you get A LOT of product in this bottle. I got mine in December and I finished it in July..I do my makeup everyday.
I personally like it better as a priming spray, rather than a setting one. It gives the skin a tacky texture, perfect for applying the foundation on. It does the trick with the enhancement of eyeshadow pigments and it works as a setting spray too, without leaving the skin feel too heavy.
Very versatile and again,,a loooot of product inside. I ran out of 5 setting sprays by the time I finished my FIX+

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product does not do much in terms or priming or setting my makeup but I do love using it to increase the pigment of eyeshadows. I spray a little on my brushes and it makes me eyeshadow look brighter, bolder and last a little longer. Would not buy again as its a glorified eye primer for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This not a setting spray it does take the powdery look away however it does not set the makeup it's more of a hydration / refresher with nutrients for the skin can be used before makeup,also to spritz ur brush to enhance the color of ur eyeshadow so it shows up true to color on the eyelids and before setting spray but it will not lock ur makeup in place it's a go to for me b4 my setting spray .

Popular Face Skincare Products