Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

3.9

Water, Propylene Glycol, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyurethane-35, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-200 Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Ethylene/Va Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Paraffin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide].

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Mascara is a very personal thing. I have decent length, thin Asian lashes and can sometimes hold a curl; my lashes like to do it's own thing.

This one doesn't flake and even though I don't buy the waterproof kind, it holds up in my rainy city. It holds a decent curl and creates volume and length- I don't think it's the most dramatic thing ever but enough for my likely without it looking too much (I use 4-5 light layers for special occasions and 1-2 for every day).

I don't really care about packaging- maybe wished it was thinner for travel, it is a little bulky but not a deal breaker. I LOVE the wand- honestly that's what you are paying for... I love synthetic wands since they just work better with my lashes. I like how I have both short and long bristles and can get different looks from it. I personally didn't find it that difficult to work with but I have also used wands similar to that. That being said, I am also very messy when I do my mascara so I can reach the roots, which means my lids are a mess and I just wipe it off with a q-tip (I don't usually put eye shadow and if I do, it's a special occasion and I have false lashes on)

The formula is good. It dries pretty quick and doesn't ugly clump (I do light layers) until the 5th or 6th layer. It's still pretty touchable and feels like lashes. At first it's wetter than what I usually like so I deliberate pump some air to dry it out, after that, I am very careful to spiral it when opening and closing the product so not to introduce more air in.

This is the only mascara for me that has consistently performed the way I want it to! Enough so that (and I know I will probably get a lot of hate for) that I repurchased my 4th tube even though I am trying to take a more vegan and conscious approach when researching products. However, none of the reviews on more ethical products had reviews that would satisfy my needs. And I would rather new purchase this than buy a product that I wouldn't use and then go to waste. If anyone knows if there is an ethical dupe for this, I would totally be down to give it a try! Or find a brand that does mascara refills

This mascara is too much work for an overall result.
Pros: cheap; very black; lengthens a lot (if you are into it); stays all day without flaking
So-so: lengthens too much for my liking, I have hooded eyelids so while applying this mascara I get mascara marks under my brows each single time
Cons: so hard to take it off even though it's not even waterproof; no volumizing effect; gives long, thin and hard spider lashes.

on 3/8/2017 1:08:00 PM

This mascara is amazing. When I first bought it I didn't like it but I rediscovered it and it was incredible. I use it everyday it does everything you want in one mascara. My lashes stayed curled all day and when taking it off it didn't irritate my eyes. It is amazing for the price and I would definitely repurchase. Love it.

on 3/7/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Omg this mascara is my ride or die holy grail! I am a mascara junkie, owning around 15 mascaras at any given time ( a mixture of drugstore and high end), and this is by far the BEST one! This is one of my only mascaras that never fails to give me insanely curled, defined, and lengthened lashes! Everybody always asks me if I'm wearing fake lashes with this mascara 😎

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't understand why this is so popular. It flakes like crazy and it's quite hard to remove.

Pros:
- it doesn't run
- very cheap

Cons:
- hard on the lashes, they become so stiff
- hard to remove
- clumpy
- but oh sooo flakey

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand the hype with this mascara. I have purchased this twice just to make sure the first time I didn't get a bad tube. It doesn't do anything for my lashes and by the end of the day its a flakey mess.

on 3/1/2017 7:03:00 PM

I was suckered yet again by the pretty packaging and my want to try a new mascara. I really dislike this mascara. The wand is too bendy... meaning when I stroke it on my lash, I feel like it bends away from my lash to where it barely makes contact with them! It does not grab onto the lashes the way I like. I got a clumpy mess... it provided no length... Overall hated this mascara. Boo!

on 2/25/2017 1:18:00 AM

I repurchased this mascara recently and had forgotten how much I love it. It makes my lashes look so long and fantastic, without making them clumpy or spidery.

on 2/24/2017 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It got the job done. I bought a drugstore mascara and it met my expectations. We had zero clumping and flaking. Now it holds my lashes and lengthens them, but I didn't see any thickening or volume. The only faults I've found with this product is the packaging and smell. This product smells like oil paints and chemicals had a hate baby. It's that bad. Thankfully you can't tell unless you intentionally try to smell it, but still, it's a worrying smell. Now the bottle is shaped like a bullet, a really wide bullet and I hate it. Storage is super annoying and because of the tapered ends, it's really hard to stand up on its own. I won't be repurchasing because I'm still exploring new mascaras ever since my HG mascara was discontinued.

This review is for the one in the black tube. I absolutely love it! No flaking or smudging. It makes my lashes look full and curly. I find this doesn't build well though so I only use 1 coat. As with most mascaras i didn't like it initially but after a couple weeks when it's dried out a bit I ended up loving it. The only con is it can get clumpy if you use too much. This and L'Oréal telescopic are my go to for mascara. I want to try the kind in the pink tube to see if I like that brush better but I will definitely repurchase.

Popular Mascaras