Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

3.9

Water, Propylene Glycol, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyurethane-35, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-200 Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Ethylene/Va Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Paraffin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide].

on 4/23/2017 12:56:00 PM

I don't wear mascara every day but when I do this is the only one I use! It's my HG mascara. I have to say my brush doesn't look like this one on the picture with bristles. Mine is a full black rubber one. I only use pink one (non-waterproof) because I don't have problems with smudging and I hate waterproof ones are so hard to take off and feel heavy on the eyes. My lashes are pretty strong and straight but quite short so it's hard with most mascaras to scoop them properly and lift them,especially with the ones with big thick brushes. Lash curlers don't work for me cause they're too big for my eye and don't even catch most of lashes. This thin but curved rubber brush is PERFECT for me. I always like rubber brushes best. It catches my lashes perfectly and the curve helps with the ones on the edges to and really lifts them and makes them longer. It also builds great in layers to add volume or you can use one layer just for some definition. The only thing is when new this mascara is pretty wet so it's little hard to shape lashes on the first day but it warms up fast, and the best thing is this mascara actually gets better with age. Seriously, even when it dries out you can still use it it even builds on better. First mascara that I can use up all the way to the end and not throw some of it cuz it's too dry. I will not use another as long as they make this. Great value for money. <3
NOTE: my friend who has very different eyelashes than me hates it. Hers are much longer but thinner/softer. She likes big wide brushes with soft bristles. She says this mascara just makes them stick together, while for me it does opposite, so this one could be great for girls with thick but short lashes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I found myself searching for a drugstore mascara to use on a daily basis, so I gave this a try after hearing so much good things about it. Very wet formula which goes everywhere on the lid, never dries. When I tried to remove it I got panda eyes that weren't that easy to get rid of. Maybe I will buy this again sometime, let it dry and give it a try, but for now it's a no.
I gave it to a friend the next day and I don't know how this works after some drying time.

on 4/17/2017 2:44:00 AM

I didn't hold out much hope fornthus mascara when the sales assistant tried to sell it me on a special offer. I've been using the rimmel beyond lash mascara for years but thought I would give this a go. I have to say I'm converted, I have small eyes and short eyelashes but after 2 coats my eyelashes look longer and fuller and opens my eyes. I won't go back to rimmel again. use an eyelash curler and apply the 2nd coat when the first one has got a bit sticky but not completley dry.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a review for the non Waterproof one (pink packaging).

Context: I have long lashes but its hard for them to hold a curl so if you don't have this issue it might work on you. (my hg is maybelline big eyes waterproof)

Cons : This doesn't hold a curl at all (even with lash curler). At first i thought because the formula was so new and wet, so i left it open to dry a bit but nothing changed.
The formula was so wet at first it ruined every look i made. That changed after i let open to dry.
I tried different ways to use the wand but nothing worked.

Pros : I like it for my lower lashes because of the shorter part of the wand fits perfectly and it didn't smuge.
The packaging is stunning.

The easiest way to remove this is with micellar water.

I had high hopes for this one because of the good reviews but sadly this does not work for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! It really lengthens my lashes and holds a curl throughout the day without looking too clumpy. I have fallen asleep with this mascara on and it hasn't transferred under my eye or smudged. I like that it's a wet formula because it isn't too thick and doesn't go clumpy, however I do have to scrape off some product off the wand otherwise there is too much product. The wand of this mascara is big and curved which I really really love and it's rubber which doesn't irritate the eye. I wouldn't recommend this for the lower lashes purely because the wand is just too big to apply it and becomes too messy. Overall this mascara is probably one of my favorites and it's soo cheap and easy to find!

I THINK this is my favorite mascara.

For reference, I have a lot of lashes that are relatively fine in texture, not straight but not curly, and they're kind of short. Usually, my lashes don't have much of an effect without a lot of mascara on them, but at that point they look spidery and stumpy. I look for mascaras that make my lashes look long and full, but not clumpy or spidery. I don't dig the look of wearing lots of mascara. I want to look like I have naturally full and long lashes, and that my mascara just enhanced them.

This gives me the lashes I want- lashes lifted up that gives me lots of length and dramatic but still natural volume. The only problem with it is that once the mascara starts to dry out even a little, that effect goes away. I really only love this mascara for the first two weeks, and then it becomes hard to work with. I'm kind of a germaphobe, so I don't want to put eye drops in it or anything even though I replace mascaras within three months or less- no excuses. I find myself repurchasing this every three to four weeks, which deffo adds up even though this is a drugstore $8 mascara.

Because of its short lifespan, I will continue to look for other mascaras that last longer and still give me the same results. But this is a great mascara to try out for the first time on a night out, as it gives great results.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am so glad I didn't pay for this mascara. Out of all the mascaras I have tried, both drugstore & high end, this is undoubtedly the worst. The rubbery wand is a major drawback in the application of this product. It gives me less control & the bristles are short & uncomfortably stubby.

And God, is it clumpy. I had to put in serious effort to remove a good deal of product from the wand, which came out in little globs. The formula was goopy and thick - even being fresh out of the packaging! Upon application it literally got everywhere. Under my lower lash line, on my eyelid, in the creases of my eyes, on the inner corners... The formula made it extremely difficult to work with. The mascara transferred so easily because of how wet it was - it couldn't dry on my lashes fast enough. I think this is the only product to ever make me so irritated I had to force myself to give it one more try. Aaaannndd I still hated it. I either gave it away or threw it in the trash, one of the two.

My new favourite mascara! This formula NEVER clumps, which is a problem I have found with many other mascaras. The "C" Curved brush is amazing for catching those tricky corner lashes. This is more than what I expected given the low price.

on 4/4/2017 11:59:00 PM

I have 5 other mascaras in my makeup bag right now (2 UD, 2 Benefit, and 1 Clinique), but this is the one I find myself reaching for most days. It works well for me. I thought it was clumpy at first, but it works brilliantly for me when I apply a few thin, light coats rather than going in with a lot of product at once. I have pale lashes that are quite straight. This mascara makes them very long, thick, and fanned out at the sides the way I like. I have hooded eyes, so getting my lashes up and out is the goal. I've never had an issue with it flaking. My eyes have a tendency to get watery, and this stuff never smudges or smears on me. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because I have a tough time removing it sometimes. I remove most mascaras with a Makeup Eraser and Purity cleanser, but this stuff is more stubborn than some of my waterproof mascaras. I need to follow up with a creamy waterproof makeup remover to fully remove this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Favorite mascara I have ever tried! It seperates and curls the lashes nicely!!

Popular Mascaras