Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara

Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara

3.9

Water, Propylene Glycol, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyurethane-35, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-200 Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Ethylene/Va Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Paraffin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide].

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like it for special occasions but it is too hard to remove to put on a daily basis as I don't want to loose lashes every day.

on 12/9/2018 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like this mascara. First of all the brush is pointy and hurts my eyelid. Secondly, the formula is wet and does not give volume to the lashes.

on 12/5/2018 7:34:00 PM

Don't understand the hype about this product. I used the waterproof formula and it does an average job. Doesn't flare out my lashes nor makes them look lengthened.

on 12/5/2018 2:38:00 PM

I tried both the wp and non-wp versions based on reviews and positive feedback on the boards. Here’s a summary for both. The non-wp was a total waste of money - didn’t hold a curl, clumpy as heck and the brush is hard to work with. The waterproof was a little better since it holds a curl really well and my sister (who’s a professional MUA) asked me what mascara I was using so it’s noticeable in a good way. The bad side is that it smudged underneath my eyes and was very hard to remove. I’ll stick with L’oreal from now on.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I’m rating this a 2, largely because of the difference in the depiction of the brush compared to the actual brush. I realize it’s enlarged on the packaging, but the the bristles were surprisingly shorter than I expected. The outside edge does comb out clumps, but the rest of the short, stubby bristles kind of force you to glob it on and comb it through. I can manage to get a decent look, but it’s messy, tedious, and frustrating to achieve. My lashes are blonde, and I use a serum, so coating evenly and separation matter. The formula is thick but wet, and although one can achieve a fanned out look, there’s not much volume...unless you curl once it’s dry and do more brushing out with another lash tool. Even then, it leaves much to be desired. Making the brush more like the picture on the packaging might make it worth purchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This used to be my go to mascara only a few years ago in high school, and I repurchased it hoping it would bring back my excellent lashes. I don't know if I was crazy then or they changed the formula, because I put it on and had the biggest mascara mess of my life--all over the lid (I usually get a few specks, which is normal, but I'm talking globs/smears). I used it, fresh and no wiping, and my eyelashes BECAME SPIDER LEGS. I saved it by combing through with an older good mascara, and it was saved after a ton of clean up. I just don't see the point of spending money on something that takes sooo long to apply well and makes a huge mess (possibly on the eyeshadow you carefully applied). Perhaps after drying or wiping the wand it'll be better (although I hate wiping wands... literally throwing away product you paid for) so I'll check on that and revise this review as needed.

on 11/5/2018 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This product was very frustrating to use and a big disappointment. The wand is a razor-thin, curved comb and very stiff which made it difficult to use. I couldn’t master it and wound up poking myself in the eye several times. It does not hold very much mascara either so you have to make many passes to get any sort of volume. The formula dries very fast but applying a second or third coat is a struggle because the teeth in the wand are too close together to separate lashes. This mascara also leaves your lashes very “crunchy” where I found it to be uncomfortable. There was a little “lift” in my lashes but no volume or length. Take a pass on this one and go with Voluminous or Great Lash.

on 10/29/2018 5:36:00 PM

This mascara gives a good outlook. It curled my eyelashes indeed, gave volume and separated them. I was totally satisfied with the result. The reason i am rating this product so low is that it completely dried after 2 and a half weeks! I was using it like 3 or 4 days a week. Same happened with other maybelline mascaras. I have both organic and drugstore mascaras, even mascaras more pharmaceutical (avene, la roche posay) that lasted way too longer.

on 9/20/2018 8:31:00 AM

I found this mascara to do absolutely nothing but frustrate me. I still can’t decide if it’s the wand or the formula or both, but nothing seems to do anything. The wand is very very light weight which I felt had 0 affect on lashes- I could barely feel the brush on my lashes. And the mascara seems to need 6-10 coats to barely show up! I see no pigment, no curve, no length or anything to my lashes. It’s like using pretend makeup. Sorry for such a bad review, but this is my experience with this and drugstore or not, I don’t like throwing money out.

on 8/26/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I could not get this to work for me and ended up tossing. It left me with clumpy and spidery lashes, instead of the "full fan effect" shown in the advertisements. I will not repurchase.

Pros:
- Cheap, easy to find

Cons:
- I dislike the brush. From the advertisements, I knew this was a plastic type brush instead of a traditional mascara brush.However, the bristles are much shorter than the marketing shows. Because of this, the bristles don't separate or coat your lashes well. Also, too much mascara comes out on the wand.
- I have long lashes, however I need curl, volume and separation. It didn't add volume and left me with clumpy, spidery lashes.
- This is a wet formula. This is a preference, but I prefer a more dry formula. Dry formulas are easier to work with for me and my lashes tend to look better. I let it dry out a bit and tried to use it a month later, but it was still too wet for me.