MILANI Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow - Bella Caffe

Not tested on animals

on 9/17/2018 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Finish: 5 stars
The finish of this product (described as "satin") is unlike any other eyeshadow I've ever used. It is super smooth, melts into my skin, and leaves no powdery residue. It doesn't even look like makeup TBH.

Shade: 2 stars (for my coloring)
This color was described by another reviewer as "cool, taupe brown" which I think is accurate. Since I'm a one-and-done type when it comes to shadow, I don't really dig this color on me, when used as an all over shadow. It doesn't look bad or unnatural, just kind of blah on my skin (cool/yellow undertones) .

I'd like to try a different satin shade, since the finish is so incredibly nice.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This color is a perfect base color for my light complexion, a soft golden beige with just a touch of shimmer. I don't think you could build this up much, it is pretty sheer. The texture of the shadow is soft, so no dragging or streaking when applying. I love these Milani shadows and have five of them. I've used them for about six months and they still look brand new, so while I I certainly will repurchase, it might not be for a while. Inexpensive and long lasting! Yeah!

on 5/31/2016 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a powder eyeshadow and Bella Caffe is a light, cool, taupe/brown, (looks warmer in the pot), with a light sheen, but no glitter. I don't consider this a matte but a satin.

When I first applied it, I thought, "Where's the color?" I tried applying this with several brushes, and a sponge. You have to get past the hard surface to get some color transfer and even then it's a light pigment.

on 2/23/2016 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Milani is a great drugstore brand that offers cruelty free makeup that you actually want to use! Don't be afraid of the phrase "gel powder." These apply like regular powder shadows. This is a great warm camel brown shade. I like to blend it in the crease after I've applied Charlotte Tilbury's Colour Chameleon Crayon in Amber Haze. The powder smooths out the edges where I've applied the crayon and sets it for longer wearing time. Caffe is similar enough to Amber Haze that it doesn't interfere with the color of the crayon. It just doesn't have the gold sparkle. This Milani shadow only costs $4.99. It comes in a flip top container similar to MAC's eyeshadow singles. Milani uses shiny gold plastic instead of matte black plastic, but both Milani and MAC have a clear window in the lid so you know which color you are picking up before you open the container. Milani's products are comparable in performance to products offered by more expensive brands, but Milani has better prices.

INGREDIENTS:

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polyisoprene, Talc, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 10/28/2015 5:11:00 PM

This has become a staple in my collection. Its a go-to crease shade. Lovely medium matte brown, leans warm.

I wish Miliani would release a palette with these shadows!

on 6/9/2015 8:48:00 PM

I love, love, love this shadow. It has quickly become one of my most used eyeshadows, I use it almost everyday as a crease color or all over my lid to give my eyes a beautiful definition. I'm a NC 30-35. I also have a few more Milani gel/powder eyeshadows in Sand, Champagne, Bronze, and Grey...I'm definitely buoying the bright colors next.

on 12/2/2014 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The only reason I'm giving this a 4/5 is because I wish it could be popped out into a palette! I love these eyeshadows so having a bunch of them easily portable would be a dream come true. Bella Caffe is a really pretty matte light brown, that's only a little chalky and very smooth to apply. I find it applies best using my fingers but I use it as a base, so if you want it as a crease color a brush may be helpful. But it's like $4.50 so yeah absolutely I will keep buying these.

on 8/12/2014 10:27:00 PM

I really like the new Milani Bella shadows. I have five of them now and they are very pigmented and the color assortment is exceptional. Bella Caffe is a great shade to use in the crease or over the entire lid. It is a mid tone brown with a satiny finish that blends well and is just as pretty as most high end brand. These are individual shadows - new to Milani - that retail at CVS for about $5 and at some places are even less expensive. Really recommend you try them!

on 7/28/2014 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So...i like it but:
1. Wayyyyy too much fallout. Be careful n tap your brush before you apply or you will end up with the mess in your face.

Great pigmentation, almost reminds me of a brown from the Lancome line. I shall try it wet...totally worth it. :)

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Once we all get over the seemingly odd name, "Gel Powder", I think we should focus on the real beauty that lies within this collection: DRUGSTORE NEUTRAL MATTES.

My opinion is that these are actually baked eyeshadows. Milani says "the formula starts as a gel and then is transformed by a special process"; Laura Geller says hers begin as a mousse. I believe these are baked; Milani has done baked before and they want to create some new magic. I haven't tried them wet yet.

At the initial finger-swatching these eyeshadow pans are actually rough to the touch, but it's just the created surface texture. Don't be discouraged. Beneath that lies a lovely soft texture that applies smoothly and evenly. "Bella Caffe" is a light-to-medium brown that is golden in tone. A perfect transition shade for the crease, a perfect wash for any color eye. So Milani missed the boat with their marketing approach! They're available in 30 shades on www.milanicosmetics.com Embrace these drugstore mattes with me!