W7 In the buff

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
W7 In the buff
In the buffIn the buffIn the buff

4.3

on 8/8/2017 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Alright let's start with a pro con list
Pros:
-Good packaging
-Good (albeit nothing new) color range

Cons:
-Not very pigmented
-The brush is not good

Alright so these shadows are pretty mediocre. They require alot of dipping into if you want to use them dry. Once I sprayed my brush they went on a ton more pigmented.

That being said. For the price, it's a pretty decent palette.

on 4/3/2017 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This one was in my opinion the best W7 palette of the range that comes in the Urban Decay knock off-like tins. These shades are more pigmented than the ones in the other palettes like In The Nude, Lightly Toasted, or the Smokey one. I also find that their shimmery shades are better than the matte ones, which are very, very chalky and powdery. Which is strange, because I love their 10 out of 10 palette, which has mostly unique, matte colors. Also, in my opinion the tin-palettes didn't have nice unique shades. This particular one has one very beautiful, cool beige shade, which was a bummer because it was so chalky and unworkable-with. Won't buy a W7 palette in the near future and will declutter this.

Pro:
- affordable
- cruelty free
- shimmery shades are nicely pigmented

Con:
- no unique shades
- some shades are soooo chalky

I was so surprised by the quality of this pallet. Well pigmented and stays in place. it also blends really nicely!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have in the nude and in the buff. These are shockingly nice. I'm in the US so I bought them off amazon. I do not own the Naked palettes so I cannot compare. I will say quality wise they remind me of the coastal scents revealed palettes and those I feel are an excellent value. I feel the packaging is a bit excessive.

Note: I bought the "In the Nude" one which is a dupe of Naked 3.

I haven't worn this yet to truly test how long it lasts. BUT omg when I swatched it the shadows were buttery and opaque like no other. There wasn't fallout like UD for me.

Also can we mention the packaging on this? Metal casing and a black [foam/rubber] inside to protect the eyeshadow. Not plastic, not cardboard. Thank goodness! This just feels like it's more than the $8USD I paid for it. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants the Naked palettes but can't afford or don't want to pay $54USD for them.

on 12/2/2014 11:59:00 PM

This palette is perfection. It comes in a nice, sturdy tin case (super adorable, by the way) with a dual ended brush/sponge. On the back is a full list of all the colors' names. The ultimate dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 2, its colors are nearly identical to the higher end product and apply just as intense and buttery. This really is a perfect nude palette with a mix of shimmer, metallic, and matte shadows. I got mine for 7 USD on eBay and have since ordered both the In the Nude (Naked 3 dupe) and In the Buff: Lightly Toasted (Original Naked dupe) palettes. This affordable brand has seriously outdone themselves!

on 9/11/2014 10:38:00 PM

After hearing many great reviews all over the internet I decided to try this product.

I have wanted a Urban Decay palette for a while but with no cash to splurge on such expensive products. This is supposed to be similar but at a much smaller price.

I grabbed mine for around 5GBP on eBay.

The product itself is great, the eye-shadows can be creamy, striking and dark. You can also use the more natural shades within the pack. I was going to buy the pack In the Nude but paid a little more for the In the Buff as it seemed more of a mixture, as I didn't want to be stuck with just nudes on say a night out.

I am extremely happy with the product, the brush that it comes with isn't very good though but what do you expect for a cheap price? the product itself looks and feels much more expensive than what it is.

In this case, you do not get what you pay for. You get more.

on 8/21/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have light brown skin and was looking for a nude eyeshadow palette; so found this one on my free trial of Amazon Prime. It is a generous palette of 11 colours of which I love and use about 10 of them. Used with a primer at least, they apply easily and last well for several hours I think - the colours (if wearing a few at a time) never merge into each other horribly. I got all this for 4.99 and am profoundly impressed as I feel that many UK cosmetics are just rip-offs. However, although I am not complaining about the number of colours, I do feel that they could have been laid out in a slightly more compact way; although it is possible to place in a handbag, I can imagine some might struggle with it - it is bulkier than it needs to be although I do like that it's a tin, not a plastic, box. Feels cool and prestigious.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update: Like with the other palette, something strange has happened and I can barely use it. I'm completely baffled.

I purchased this little darling from Huge Online Seller Of Stuff, and including shipping from the UK it came to $10. No, that's not a mistake. Ten buckaroos!

W7 has made its entry into the world of neutral palettes and there's no denying that this is virtually an exact dupe of UD's Naked2. I know some would say this is sacrilege, but I prefer this palette to UD and for several reasons (cost being one).

So, let's start with the packaging and all of that fun stuff. As you'd expect, the container isn't quite as robust as its more expensive counterpart but it isn't crap, either. I'm a clumsy person by nature and I haven't broken it yet so that's got to count for something. As for the brush? Throw that away right this instant. It's complete and utter garbage, so let's just dump that now and pick something better (oh, I don't know - your 3 year old nephew's finger, for example)..

Now for the colours. There are 12 and from left to right we have (from left to right) Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder And Oynx.

Buff & Chocolate are the only true mattes but, with the exception of Camel & Thunder, the others are not true sparklies, either. This actually works better than you might think since the addition of water and the use of a primer (and any combination thereof) gives you not 2, but 3 or more different effects.

Application is a breeze. The mattes are actually very buttery and easy to apply and blend. There is a bit of a gritty feel to one or two shimmery shades but they're nowhere near as gritty as UD can be. There is also a little fallout with some shades, but it's not horrendous and it shouldn't be the deal-breaker. All in all, they actually do blend very nicely but the Onyx sometimes doesn't play well with others. They're incredibly well pigmented, decently long-lasting too and moreso with a primer underneath.

Okay, so what is it meant to do? Provide a low-cost alternative to the big-name nude palettes

That's fine, but what does it actually do? Provides a really good quality UD Naked2 clone with some better pigmentation. The outstandingly good shade for me is Camel, and the "meh" shade would be Onyx.

To summarise, as long as you don't buy it expecting it to be a dupe of LORAC Pro, you'll be fine. It's better than UD's Naked2 though. Seriously. It really is.

So get out your ten dollars, get thee to the online store whose name rhymes with hamazon and within a couple of weeks you'll have a gorgeous palette that can give you a seamless, sophisticated look without sending your bank account into paroxysms of fear.

I'm already going to have to buy my 20-something year old daughters a set each for Christmas!

on 6/17/2014 7:29:00 AM

I picked this up through a seller on Amazon when I ordered one of Sleek's latest palettes. I had to go through a reseller since Sleek was sold out on-line and am honestly happy I did since I picked this palette up as well!

I was pleasantly surprised over the quality of the shadows and packaging. The texture and pigmentation of these shadows are right on; they are buttery, apply well, blend like a dream and have great color pay off. I paid a whopping $8 for this one and think its worth much more. The packaging is a nice hard plastic shell which is very protective of the eyeshadows for travel. The only con I found was the applicator was a cheap brush/sponge tip applicator but I rarely use any applicator provided as I like to use my own brushes.

Overall, this is a winner and you can't beat the price. I will definitely be checking out more from this brand.