W7 In the buff

W7 In the buff
In the buffIn the buffIn the buff

4.4

on 6/17/2014 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This most definitely THE dupe for UD Naked 2. Nice variety of warm & cool shades, which blend very well! It also stays on pretty well with a primer, just slight fall-out during the day. The price is ridiculously low, I paid something like 7 euros for it. This has taken a permanent place in my daily wear stash! Nothing but LOVE!
(pictures are taken from veracamilla.nl - a dutch beautyblog)

on 6/17/2014 7:29:00 AM

I picked this up through a seller on Amazon when I ordered one of Sleek's latest palettes. I had to go through a reseller since Sleek was sold out on-line and am honestly happy I did since I picked this palette up as well!

I was pleasantly surprised over the quality of the shadows and packaging. The texture and pigmentation of these shadows are right on; they are buttery, apply well, blend like a dream and have great color pay off. I paid a whopping $8 for this one and think its worth much more. The packaging is a nice hard plastic shell which is very protective of the eyeshadows for travel. The only con I found was the applicator was a cheap brush/sponge tip applicator but I rarely use any applicator provided as I like to use my own brushes.

Overall, this is a winner and you can't beat the price. I will definitely be checking out more from this brand.

on 6/26/2014 10:21:00 PM

I saw a review by LetzMakeup and bought it off of Amazon, price and shipping were very reasonable. My eyes are very sensitive and many brands make them water, but this palette did not. I highly recommend, colors are great.

Very good for the price would recommend this to people under a budget and want to try this out to see if they like the colours of a the naked 3 palette it defeniently is a dupe but is an alternative. I will repurchase this but is not as pigmented as the naked palette also is chawky besides this i love it defo invest in this well worth it for people just starting in makeup

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update: Like with the other palette, something strange has happened and I can barely use it. I'm completely baffled.

I purchased this little darling from Huge Online Seller Of Stuff, and including shipping from the UK it came to $10. No, that's not a mistake. Ten buckaroos!

W7 has made its entry into the world of neutral palettes and there's no denying that this is virtually an exact dupe of UD's Naked2. I know some would say this is sacrilege, but I prefer this palette to UD and for several reasons (cost being one).

So, let's start with the packaging and all of that fun stuff. As you'd expect, the container isn't quite as robust as its more expensive counterpart but it isn't crap, either. I'm a clumsy person by nature and I haven't broken it yet so that's got to count for something. As for the brush? Throw that away right this instant. It's complete and utter garbage, so let's just dump that now and pick something better (oh, I don't know - your 3 year old nephew's finger, for example)..

Now for the colours. There are 12 and from left to right we have (from left to right) Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder And Oynx.

Buff & Chocolate are the only true mattes but, with the exception of Camel & Thunder, the others are not true sparklies, either. This actually works better than you might think since the addition of water and the use of a primer (and any combination thereof) gives you not 2, but 3 or more different effects.

Application is a breeze. The mattes are actually very buttery and easy to apply and blend. There is a bit of a gritty feel to one or two shimmery shades but they're nowhere near as gritty as UD can be. There is also a little fallout with some shades, but it's not horrendous and it shouldn't be the deal-breaker. All in all, they actually do blend very nicely but the Onyx sometimes doesn't play well with others. They're incredibly well pigmented, decently long-lasting too and moreso with a primer underneath.

Okay, so what is it meant to do? Provide a low-cost alternative to the big-name nude palettes

That's fine, but what does it actually do? Provides a really good quality UD Naked2 clone with some better pigmentation. The outstandingly good shade for me is Camel, and the "meh" shade would be Onyx.

To summarise, as long as you don't buy it expecting it to be a dupe of LORAC Pro, you'll be fine. It's better than UD's Naked2 though. Seriously. It really is.

So get out your ten dollars, get thee to the online store whose name rhymes with hamazon and within a couple of weeks you'll have a gorgeous palette that can give you a seamless, sophisticated look without sending your bank account into paroxysms of fear.

I'm already going to have to buy my 20-something year old daughters a set each for Christmas!

on 8/21/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have light brown skin and was looking for a nude eyeshadow palette; so found this one on my free trial of Amazon Prime. It is a generous palette of 11 colours of which I love and use about 10 of them. Used with a primer at least, they apply easily and last well for several hours I think - the colours (if wearing a few at a time) never merge into each other horribly. I got all this for 4.99 and am profoundly impressed as I feel that many UK cosmetics are just rip-offs. However, although I am not complaining about the number of colours, I do feel that they could have been laid out in a slightly more compact way; although it is possible to place in a handbag, I can imagine some might struggle with it - it is bulkier than it needs to be although I do like that it's a tin, not a plastic, box. Feels cool and prestigious.

on 9/11/2014 10:38:00 PM

After hearing many great reviews all over the internet I decided to try this product.

I have wanted a Urban Decay palette for a while but with no cash to splurge on such expensive products. This is supposed to be similar but at a much smaller price.

I grabbed mine for around 5GBP on eBay.

The product itself is great, the eye-shadows can be creamy, striking and dark. You can also use the more natural shades within the pack. I was going to buy the pack In the Nude but paid a little more for the In the Buff as it seemed more of a mixture, as I didn't want to be stuck with just nudes on say a night out.

I am extremely happy with the product, the brush that it comes with isn't very good though but what do you expect for a cheap price? the product itself looks and feels much more expensive than what it is.

In this case, you do not get what you pay for. You get more.

on 11/4/2014 10:22:00 PM

This review is for W7 (palette from same line,just other colors) palette In The Night.I haven't been so amazed by eyeshadow quality for a long time,but this palette is really something.At first,when I swatched the shadows,they seem powdery and not so good.But when I finally applied them on my eyes/lids,I was really happy I purchased this.It was about $6 ,in eBay.I wanted something different from those natural earthy shades witch appear in the "in the buff" palette and "in the nude" palette.So I purchased this "in the night" palette.It has gorgeous colors,like violety sparkle pink,couple of purples,sparkle sand color,couple of light base colors and couple of gray shadows.12 shadows in the palette.Very happy,and if you see this with a good price,take it!

on 11/27/2014 4:17:00 PM

This palette is very very good. There is a good range of colours to create a simple daytime look with light eyeshadows and darker ones to create a smokey night out look.There are 3 nice matt colours and some shimmery ones,but the shimmer is quite subtle. They blend beautifully (I always use a primer with any eyeshadow) and last for 8-10 hours. The price is amazing for so many colours and such a good quality. I willdefinitely buy the other palettes from W7,too!

on 12/2/2014 11:59:00 PM

This palette is perfection. It comes in a nice, sturdy tin case (super adorable, by the way) with a dual ended brush/sponge. On the back is a full list of all the colors' names. The ultimate dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 2, its colors are nearly identical to the higher end product and apply just as intense and buttery. This really is a perfect nude palette with a mix of shimmer, metallic, and matte shadows. I got mine for 7 USD on eBay and have since ordered both the In the Nude (Naked 3 dupe) and In the Buff: Lightly Toasted (Original Naked dupe) palettes. This affordable brand has seriously outdone themselves!