NYX Professional Makeup Butter Gloss--Praline

4.6

silicone

This is a great pink-nude gloss that is easy to layer over other colors. The violent vanilla-cupcake smell makes me feel ancient and full of self-loathing, but it's not a bad trade-off for a well-priced product. The texture is smooth without being too tacky, but at the cost of coming off a bit too easily. Overall, though, for a gloss it performs well and is well-pigmented. Pros: Color, price, texture. Cons: Oh god, that smell.

This looks like MLBB. It's neutral, buttery, glossy. Not too pink, leans more brown. I've included a picture so you can see the color.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the butter glosses so much! This one is my third. I use this on top of nude lipsticks and it's beautiful. Not sticky, not gross, and such a lovely scent. I need more of these!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not only do I absolutely love NYX butter glosses but all my girl friends do to! Pigmented, creamy with the loveliest sweet cake smell. They apply beautifully and have every colour you could wish for from nudes to deep purples, not to mention they are only £4/£5 depending on where you purchase them. You can't go wrong.

I use this more as a topper over lipstick rather than a gloss, but I love it. It is the perfect nude colour and it is absolutely beautiful. Highly recommend - you won't be disappointed.

I discovered NYX butter glosses this past summer and needless to say I am addicted. I am trying to control myself from buying all the shades, even though there are several that likely would not work for me.

Praline is one of my favorites. It's a nude color a hair darker than Madeleine but lighter than Ginger Snap. I have Madeleine and like that one as well but almost like Praline a little bit more. It's just the right nude shade for me. Ginger Snap would most likely be too dark.

The texture is nice, buttery and I don't find it to be too sticky or messy. I like the packaging and find the price to be reasonable as well. I have seen these at Ulta, CVS and Target though I would say that Ulta has the largest color selection.

I have accumulated quite a few shades so far, Praline is a definite repurchase for me. 5 stars.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW. I have several of these - but Praline is hands-down, my favorite. I'd consider Madeline and Gingersnap similar sister colors to Praline (NYX calls it a "deep nude") - Madeline being the more sheer nude of this color tone, Praline being a little darker than a sheer, and then Ginger snap being the darkest (but still sheer enough to see your lip color and blend) for a more "done up" dark nude color look.

All three have the same color tones - all brown-based, which is why I love them, but Praline has just enough color to be good for everything. Every day and going out. If it compliments your skin tone (or you like brown-based colors) get this.

I'm going to buy a backup, I love it that much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had been looking all over for a nice nude drugstore lipgloss that was not sticky and had no glitters and I finally found it. This lipgloss goes with everything especially nude lipsticks. I have a medium to dark skin tone and this lipgloss works well on my skin since it has a natural sheen to it. I even put it on my lips on its own sometimes for a simple look. One of my favorite lipglosses.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Butter Glosses are amazing across the board, but Praline is probably the most universally flattering shade of the bunch. It treads the line between warm and cool, light and dark and just comes off as a really wearable color that will appeal to many people.

The formula is glossy but pigmented, shiny and non-sticky. It is not as opaque as a matte lipgloss or the Intense Butter Glosses but you still get a fair bit of color. It is also even and doesn't settle into lip lines. Wear time is decent; it's not runny so it lasts until you drink or eat, but it's not sticky like the MAC lipglosses so it will come off at some point in the day.

The color is a medium neutral brownish nude with some slight mauve undertones. It looks very nice over any lipsticks in the nude family or on its own. It is the perfect lipgloss for days when you want a pop of color but don't want your lips to overpower the rest of your face- for many it will be a true MLBB shade.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the perfect gloss! After Angel Food Cake didn't work with my pale complexion, I was prepared for another not-quite-right color. Especially as the display picture makes praline appear a lot darker than the other colors.
It's only slightly sheerer than the tube color, and after I applied it I couldn't believe the lovely muted brown/ mauve it left on my lips! It's a more natural and flattering color for me than Angel Food Cake (also reviewed here). It darkens my lips just enough, and the fact that it's not totally opaque keeps it looking soft & lush. You can also play with it, in terms of intensity: easy to sheer out or build up.

And as everyone has mentioned, the gloss itself isn't heavy or sticky at all. It actually feels moisturizing and has a little slip. I think the butter glosses are easily as good as any high-end gloss.
I only have Tiramisu & praline, but they're all I need! I have a feeling I'll be wearing praline a lot this summer.