CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 11/19/2018 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For noe, I can say this is my number 2 foundation. I am not a makeup artist, but have spent a good deal trying out differebmnt foundations, mostly high end. This includes some rather obscure but highly regarded brands. I am NC25-ish and shade 30 works well for me. It gives a real medium coverage, buildable to some degree. I like this, as I believe in most cases, medium is sufficient. The finish is satiny matte, which renders it skin like. The lasting power is great - I use this at work and never find the need to re-apply, though I blot out excess oils in my oily t-zone area (my skin is naturally combination- oily) mid-day. No shifting, no piling up on creases. Truly a great performing foundation - definitely outperforms even newer foundation releases. And I get the same outstanding result regardless of how I apply, though I like applying with a wet sponge best. Definitely highly recommended

on 9/24/2018 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Did not work for my oily skin, very disappointing as the reviews seem good. Used the Chanel blanc de chanel base underneath and it lasted less than 3 hours before I started looking like a greaseball. I would not recommend this foundation for oily skins.

on 7/13/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the most beautiful foundations I came across.
I have oily skin, sensitive, dried-out skin. Usually I have pimples and acne, but now they are more or less tamed. I believe it is due to Emu Oil and Salcura Antiac. I recommend both if you struggle with adult acne.

The foundation is very easy to apply, spread and buff. I find it to be really stress-free when it comes to its application.

It sets Demi-matte, but very velvet smooth. It fills up all my pores making my skin look baby soft. It covers minor redness, but offers medium coverage, no more.
It is not transfer free (have to clean up my phone each time) but it stays put during whole day. I do not have to reapply it.
Currently it’s 30 degC here and sometimes it’s very humid and rainy and the foundation acts nice never mind the weather.
I do become shiny after few hours of wear but nothing serious or problematic. You can pay it off with any paper - even with toilet paper.

The good: stays put, doesn’t oxidize, doesn’t separate, dewy, no pores, even and light
The bad: not transfer free

I do not like the packaging. I wish there was a transparent line somewhere just to see how much foundation is left.

I have the shade B20 which is my transition shade. It is darker than eg Urban Decay Skin 2.0 but lighter than YSL Touché Eclat B40. In range with Guerlain Aqua N2.
Beige-to-yellow, quite neutral. No red pigments noticeable. This is important for me since I have problems with redness on my cheeks.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful foundation. I wear this when I want lighter coverage from Chanel’s le teint ultra tenue. Leaves you with flawless, poreless, not-too-matte skin and lasts all day, even without powder.

on 10/12/2016 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation after watching many reviews on YouTube . Chanel advises that it is
Good for combo to oily skin with natural vlvrt finish.

My experience : as Chanel claims .. the foundation has very sheer coverage . There is a difference between natural finish and sheer coverage . This has a sheer coverage and will only enhance the natural glow of your skin. It is very liquity, very light on the skin and it dries very very quickly upon allocation . A little does not go a long way... and if you want to layer it to obtain further coverage, you'll be out of foundation very quickly .
The price is more affordable than other Chanel foundations . I bought it for 38 us dls in a duty free in Miami.
I have. Wet oily skin with large pores. I like the effect it leaves on a he skin upon application, however it doesn't last more than 5 hours on the skin even if powdered. I don't honk there is a foundation that can't stop oil from coming out of the skint but this one do zero to delay the oil on the face . I have to use blot papers after one hour of applying it .
Personally, this foundation good be better for someone with normal skin, no imperfections and who just one a healthy glow on the skin .

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

At first, I had mixed feelings about this foundation. This is one of those very watery foundations where you have to shake the bottle and apply it with your fingers. This foundation takes some skill to apply it.

First, use your fingers. You will get a better result with fingers because this foundation is extremely lightweight and when applying it with a brush, it basically vanishes to nothing! With a brush, you will get very sheer coverage.

Another thing to consider is the speed in which you need to apply this foundation. It does glide on amazingly smooth but it dries in lightening speed! I find that this dries so fast, I don't even have time to place dots all over and blend. I have to work in sections. For instance, put two dots on one cheek and blend it out with your fingers. Move to your other cheek, etc.

Another mistake I made was to set this with powder. Because I'm oily, it's just habit to set everything. Some foundations, I have to use two powders to set it to avoid looking like a grease pit. DON'T USE POWDER WITH THIS FOUNDATION. The key word in the name is "Velvet" and I should have picked up on that. I got a crazy cake face look when I used powder to set this. I find this foundation works best if you just leave it be. The problem with that is if you're oily, you will see oils coming through as the day goes by. It's best to use blotting papers or napkins to soak up oil instead of using a powder.

After fixing my mistakes, I started to enjoy this foundation. I would still consider this a light coverage foundation even when applying with fingers. I love using this on casual days when I just want minimal makeup. I would never reach for this for events but if you already have great skin that is normal, I think it will be fine for a night out. I also love that this doesn't oxidize on me. In fact, the color stayed true during an hour of spin!

As for shade selection, Chanel foundations lean neutral cool imo. The only shade that works for me is 40 with all Chanel foundations. It's not a spot on match, it could use a little bit more yellow but it still works. For reference, I'm medium olive skinned/NC40.

Lastly, I do try to experiment with Chanel foundations because it seems to be a safe brand for my skin. I'm very reactive and acne prone to ingredients and Chanel foundations never cause any problems for me.

on 11/30/2015 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

My favorite foundation ever. It matches my skin perfectly, they have a good variety of colors for fair skin tones (every single other foundation I have gotten has been too dark and made me look orange, I got beige rose 12) and the pink color makes it match even better. I apply it with a damp beauty blender after moisterizer and maybelline baby skin, and it blends amazing, doesn't look cakey at all. The only bad thing about it is the price, with tax it comes to about 50 dollars, and i have to rebuy it every two months or so. But it is well worth the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Im a mac nc37-40. I tried getting samples and the Chanel lady was very generous . I tried the B40 shade and it's decent. It's very light in tone that if i apply it all over my face , it wouldnt match my neck . I like it so much! There were nights thag i couldnt sleep because ive been reading reviews extensively. I couldnt get over the smell too! I freakin love the rosewater smell and the technology behind the foundation. It dried into a powdery velvet soft finish thag i like. You know the feeling when you wash your face in the morning with a gentle foaminh wash. It left me feeling fresh. I wear it to work and ive noticed that as it stays on the face, it makes the skin appear more lifted . I cant explain. It's like I applied a glycolic cleanser or maybe its just the alcohop content. I was matched b50 though but it oxidized on me. I still love it though. I wear it just on days i wanna look laid back and fresh . I dont use my contour and bronzer with this because it's already warm and reddish on me. I think im gonna buy the B40 soon after saving up. By the way this is the first chanel foundie that ive tried . I apply it with my real techniques expert face brush. I set it with a powder and it's done.

on 6/16/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Does feel nice on skin and helps with oiliness but does not cover evenly especially in places like nose, chin and in between brows. My skin is very oily with some dryness and acne scarring so would not recommend if you have similar skin. Looks worse with powder over. Looks best with light coverage then a misting of make up setting spray. I cannot wear like this with my skin unfortunately

on 4/14/2015 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

honestly chanel's foundation color swatches are very different compare to all the makeup brands. All the chanel foundations has different finishes and different colors in the foundation collection. This lumiere velvet, has a smooth finish, its semi matte, i wish it was more matte, they formula last about 6-7 hours on your skin. the foundation has alot of fragrance, a 30ml 1oz bottle cost arounf $47 US dollars, for such a small amount, its not the worth the money. i just wish they made more colors like more in depth with the warms, cools, and natural.