CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by skin type : Oily
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 10/19/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love this foundation! Gives great coverage, while remaining light. Has a good amount of SPF and makes for a quick and easy makeup routine. Could live without the scent - but thats to expect with Chanel.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually love this foundation. It dries to a matt finish and just looks silky smooth on my skin. It's a light foundation feels like liquid and drys to a matt finish. I took my friend to Chanel just so she can try it and she bought it and was amazed by it too.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have an oily skin and its hard for me to find a foundation that wouldn't break me off.
So I always nervous everytime I try a new foundation or make up lol.
But this foundation suits me.
I really do love this foundation and I love how it makes my skin look. It leaves a really nice matte slash satin finish.
It also softens the look texture on my skin and it dry very quickly.
And it fit my skin tone perfectly.
The packaging also so elegant with the black color.
I would recommend this to a must have fondation and I'll definitely will buy it again.
It totally worth the price!!

on 7/2/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really great foundation for combination to oily skin. It is oil controlling. It leaves a nice matte finish that doesn't look dry. Chanel has really great foundations. This one has a water like texture to it. A little goes a long way, and I love how it makes my skin look. It isn't a flat matte either, it has a bit of radiance to it, but in a healthy way - not a glowy look. I have purchased this foundation many times. It works extremely well for my skin, and doesn't look heavy at all. Perfect for summer! Make sure you shake the bottle every time!

on 4/16/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most beautiful foundation I have ever owned!
I have combination skin (oily t zone and dry everywhere else), so was recommended this at the chanel counter rather than the aqua lumiere which is more suited to all over dry skin. I was a little wary as I was told that this has a matte finish which I don't really like but I thought I would give it a go anyway.
It glides on to skin beautifully and you can barely even feel it, (it is suggested by chanel to use fingers to apply but I didn't like this so I used a real techniques brush which worked perfectly fine). I only used a tiny amount and was able to cover my entire face, despite feeling very lightweight, it has really good coverage. I don't have any scarring or acne so i'm not sure how good it would be at covering that, but I do have discolouration, red patches and dry flaky areas, all of which this covered beautifully without clinging to or accentuating any problem areas.
It lasted all day!! I've never found a lightweight foundation that hasn't slid off my face within a couple of hours, but this lasted all day outside which for me is just a bonus as I'm used to having to reapply foundation. It also didn't go even a tiny bit cakey, didn't settle into any fine lines and didn't oxidise at all - all the problems I usually have with other foundations.
I found that the finish wasn't matte at all, it was more satin like, not quite dewy but certainly not matte - which is perfect for me as I find matte finishes make my skin look very dry and dull.
The price point is high, but for something that will be on my face every day, I think it's worth every single penny and I hope it's never discontinued. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for their HG foundation.
Also - if you want to try it first - the chanel counters that I went to were all more than happy to give me multiple samples to try over a week to make sure that it worked for my skin before I bought it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

my first ever chanel foundation. i have an oily skin and this does not stay. but i love the natural finish this foundation provides. i reach for this on days where i'll be going out for a couple of hours.

on 9/24/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Firstly I have combo/oily skin. I can wear shade B30 or B40 and I'm an NC30/35. I find going lighter (B30) better because it does oxidize just a tad. Not an orange oxidize but just a tad darker.
I have tried most Chanel foundations.
I really like the packaging. As much as glass is pretty, this is just easier and I don't have to worry about dropping it.
I find this best applies with fingers which is Chanel's recommended method too. The finish is matte but natural. Definately not powdery/Cakey. Blends easy and really fuss free application. If I don't moisturize properly, I do find I can see his sitting on the skin. So beware dry skins. It last well throughout the day. Does wear a bit around the nose and chin but I'm an oily girl and this is the story of my life! Lol! This has the Chanel scent that they put in their makeup. A light floral scent. Lasts for about 1 hour after application. I like scents so it doesn't bother me. Feels light on the skin and have had no issues with breakouts. I wouldn't recommend for really dry or really oily skins. Coverage is light to buildable medium. I couldn't achieve full coverage.
Overall a nice foundation. Costs $77AUD which is roughly the same as the new Nars foundation. Not cheap but it's totally relative to how much you want to spend and how much you can afford.

on 5/7/2015 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have olive toned with with dark spots all over my cheeks from acne breakouts, so my scars are pretty obvious due to my dark skin. I explained to the mua that i wanted to cover my dark spots and that i do NOT like makeup that feels like a mask. So he recommended this with a concealer. Seriously, if you are wearing a concealer underneath this and one layer of this foundation that is all you need for medium coverage, one more coat will give full coverage in my opinion. It feels weightless and almost feels like i'm wearing nothing. It last a good 8 hours until it starts wearing off. The only downside to this is the price, it is way too expensive for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Eh. I liked Chanel's Mat Lumiere so was hoping this would be similar, but it wasn't as good. It has decent coverage for how lightweight it is, and it blends seamlessly into skin. You can adjust the coverage from light to medium by layering on more, and it doesn't get all cakey (Shiseido's foundation brush is perfect). Sadly, even with primer and powder this foundation doesn't hold up on my oily skin. Within about 2 hours I'm shiny. Also, I normally don't mind scented products but the fragrance in this is super strong and doesn't fade for an hour or two, so if you're not into scent you may want to skip this. This foundation is nice if I'm only wearing it for a short time, but for all-day wear this is a no-go for me. For shade reference, I'm somewhere between MAC NC15-20, EL Double Wear 1W1 (Bone), Bobbi Brown Warm Ivory and I wear 10 Beige in this.

on 7/13/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Coverage is moderate, with SPF 15. I generally have oily skin, with a little bit of acne scars and skin tone that is prone to redness. This foundation evens out my redness, although it does not provide much coverage for the acne scars. It's supposed to have a matte satin finish, which sadly only last for 2 hours?! I already had laura mercier oil free primer under and bare minerals mineral veil to set it. After 2 hours my face appears oily at the T-zone area. All in all, for the hefty price, I don't think it is worth it at all. I have tried better foundations from clinique (using the same primer and loose powder regimen) which had lasted much better without giving my face the oil slick look. I really regretted buying this. Sigh...