TATCHA Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder

TATCHA Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this exfoliating gentle enzyme powder. I have been using this for a few months after the Tatcha cleansing oil and my face is really looking great. I have used powders like this years ago and thought they were nice I never repurchased those items. I was able to get a few samples of the different Tatcha enzyme powders and feel that Gentle works best for my mature sensitive skin. I love how easy it is to use and how soft and clean my skin looks and feels after I use this product. I try to stick with something for a good three months before I can say it changed my skin in some way but I feel in a week I saw improvement in my skin. In three months I saw huge improvement and felt my previous acne scars from my youth have faded and my skin texture is more even. One of the best things is having baby soft feeling skin with no dry flakes because this gets rid of my dead skin. I have also used the Classic powder and feel it is a nice product but I like the gentle the best. Tatcha just came out with a even more gentle one that has oatmeal and other good things in it and I feel that one is very good for people with super sensitive skin but I gave the jar to my teenage daughter to use. I might switch to buy it when my big jar of this gets empty. Using a enzyme powder that is so gentle after Tatcha cleansing oil is such a treat for my skin. I have used scrubs that were too rough for my skin in the past. With some cleansers my skin felt tight or would get red blotchy marks on it, then it would feel dry after. Not with this product. I can get away with using a light moisturizer or just a few drops of Tatcha Face Beauty Oil to feel like my skin has enough hydration. I also use Tatcha face mist under their beauty oil which to me hydrates my skin to accept the oil to be absorbed better. Since using Tatcha products I have literally given away 90% of all my other skin care products and I had many good products from some great lines such as Sulwhasoo, The History of Whoo, Su:m37 and Missha. I was doing more of a longer multi step Asian skin care thing but now with Tatcha it has reduced the steps I used in my previous routine.

on 2/13/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wish this had worked for me since I love the idea of a gentle exfoliant, but unfortunately this was a bust. My skin is normal, with some dry areas depending on weather and allergies, and super sensitive. I bought this to use as an exfoliant a couple times a week rather than as an everyday cleanser.

The jar is nice and makes it easy to dispense the powder without a big mess, and I like the mobile closure over the pour spout so it's extra secure if traveling. After washing with my regular facial cleanser to remove makeup, I used the suggested half teaspoon amount in the palm of my hand and added some water to make a foam. It doesn't foam up a ton, it's more of a minimal foam that doesn't last very long once it's applied to my face. Nearly all traces of the foam disappears after a moment of rubbing in and it feels almost difficult to spread it around. Then it completely disappears and I feel like I'm massaging water into my skin. I definitely wouldn't recommend trying to remove makeup with this as I doubt it would take off anything.

Honestly, this doesn't make my skin feel softer or better at all. It doesn't feel like it's doing much of anything, even providing a gentle exfoliation. And afterwards my skin feels stripped in a way, like that squeaky clean type of sensation that isn't comfortable for skin that's as sensitive as mine is. Typically I dislike exfoliants because I tend to take a very gentle approach to my skincare, but I do like plain Adzuki bean powder mixed in with my regular cleanser twice a week. So it's not as if I'm unused to exfoliants. But I've never had one that makes my skin feel so odd afterwards.

The pros are that it didn't turn my skin pink or make it sting, and the very light scent was pleasant. But otherwise I didn't like this at all and I'm returning it.