Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, Regular

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, Regular
SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, RegularSkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, Regular

*PINK BOTTLE:AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, BIGUANIDE

on 4/29/2017 7:12:00 AM

This is so gentle, and effectively cleans off makeup and dirt. I recently had a very bad reaction to a new cleansing system and this was the only thing I could use to cleanse with. I do rinse with tap water afterwards though as I read there is an ingredient in it which isn't good to leave on the skin, this is why I only give it 4 stars. However, I am totally sold on micellar water now and wouldn't be without a bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this for removing my makeup. It's super easy and it doesn't sting when I remove my eye makeup. I've tried the blue cap one made for oily skin but it stung when I removed my eye makeup. The yellow cap one with the oil made my skin breakout. I've also tried the Simple Skincare Micellar water but it doesn't fully remove my mascara and foundation. I love the pink one as it doesn't do anything of the aforementioned. It's effective for removing makeup and doesn't cause me to breakout. I've purchased about 3 bottles of it and I will definitely continue buying it.

on 4/28/2017 11:17:00 PM

I picked this up last week in the bottle with the pink lid...I normally either oil cleanse to remove makeup, or just remove it gently with either my Cerave hydrating cleanser or my Oil of Olay gentle foaming cleanser, in circular motions, then rinsing. I've been wanting to try a micellar water, and this was a great value at under $7 @ Walmart, and I had read great reviews..I like it, I don't love it, but I will probably repurchase again. I don't wear a ton of eye makeup, and don't wear winged liner, so this removed all my face and eye makeup easily. I soaked 1 cotton ball for each eye, and used 2 more for the rest of my face,(4 total)I followed up with my normal Cerave cleanser, then the rest of my products like BHA exfoliating pads, serums and moisturizer. Overall, I liked it, but think I might try either the Loreal one or the one from Simple next, if at all l..I almost found it an unnecessary step, when I have never had an issue getting the last trace of makeup off with my normal routine..if you wear alot of eyemakeup, especially lots of liquid liner and brow products, you will probably love this product

on 4/25/2017 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great product. Even though I have "Mature" skin, it works perfectly. I use it year 'round for cleansing. Sometimes if I use products designed for older skin they actually break me out. Have never had a problem with this. I also like the energizing feel of this on the skin. It's the best...Love it!!

on 4/25/2017 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Coming from using Bioderma for a few years, I decided to try this version because I was hearing so much positivity about it. I have to say, I see no reason to go back to using Bioderma after using the Garnier version.

They are so, so, sooooo similar it's hard to even find a difference. They are equally good at removing long-wearing face and eye makeup, without needed to bring in a waterproof makeup remover. Neither of them breaks me out, and I have SUPER sensitive skin. For instance, the L'Oreal cleansing water broke me out pretty badly...and I've never had that sort of reaction using the Garnier version.

For products that are so incredibly similar, the price difference is fairly extreme. The Garnier version costs me about $7-$10 Canadian, depending on sales. I get mine from Walmart, as they have the most consist price. Meanwhile, Bioderma costs me upwards of $30 Canadian for approx the same size.

I just don't' see any reason to buy Bioderma anymore.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Garnier micellar water is a really nice refreshing budget micellar water. I have used the original with the pink cap and the white cap bottle with added oil. I really liked both although I preferred the one with the added oil as my skin can get a little dry. I usually use micellar water to get any final residue off my skin after using Clinique cleansing balm to ensure my skin is perfectly clean before I go in with my Clarisonic. A couple of times when I have been too tired for my full evening regimen I have taken off my makeup with this product I have heard a few people say they were unable to remove eye makeup with this product. I find the best way to remove eye makeup with micellar water or indeed any fluid cleanser is to apply it to two cotton pads and hold it on your eyes for a minute or so to dissolve the makeup then wipe away. This minimizes tugging on the delicate eye area. I'm currently using a Lancôme micellar water and there's little difference between it and the Garnier micellar water. Other than the price and the Lancôme packaging being prettier. I also find that Garnier micellar water is fantastic on a cotton bud (Q tip for all you American girls) for removing foundation from your lips before a nude/ gloss lip, for getting foundation and powder off your brows before using brow products and for cleaning any makeup off your baby hair/ hairline. All in all a fantastic product I will definitely buy again.

on 4/23/2017 6:58:00 PM

It's a good micellar water been using ot for years, just recently switched to L'oreal. My only con is it doesn't remove eye make up fully or gently.. so I use special remover for that. and also it develops a smell after a while that is not pleasant to me so not giving 5 stars for that.

on 4/23/2017 12:25:00 PM

I think I am on my fifth bottle of the pink one and I just bought the green one for oily skin. I really like these, it works and leaves minimal residue. It's a good price and works for all types of makeup removal. They now sell small and very large bottles of this!

on 4/23/2017 11:33:00 AM

I really disliked this product. It did not do what it says it's supposed to. It does not remove mascara and leaves me with almost like black stains under my eyes which I then have to scrub with a makeup wipe which defeats the purpose of this product. Would not recommend for removing eye makeup.

This is a very decent alternative to Bioderma Sensibio H2O micellar water. Bioderma is just too expensive for a cleanser outside of France. I do find Bioderma cleans a tad better than Garnier but Garnier is so much cheaper that I just use more liquid to achieve the same results. I use micellar waters as a pre-cleanse to break down makeup and waterproof sunscreens before using a facial wash. Waterproof and cream eyeshadows are harder to budge and I use a separate silicone based makeup remover for that. I keep the bottle in the shower and just use my hands and fingers to rub the liquid onto my face. I don't use cotton pads to clean in order to minimise waste going to the landfill. A pump would be handy but probably would mean an increase in price but I can manage with the current packaging.