Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water
SkinActive Micellar Cleansing WaterSkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water

*PINK BOTTLE:AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, BIGUANIDE

on 1/11/2019 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A very nice product in such low price.. that cleanses and soothes tour skin :)

on 1/8/2019 1:04:00 PM

This is my first micellar water product, and I'm liking it so far! I have skin that gets really reactive, and regular cleansing doesn't remove much of anything without using something like a wash cloth to scrub it off, and my skin gets totally red every time. It takes a good while to calm down. I use this only for night time. I switched to facial wipes for many years, but my face eventually got irritated even with the most gentle of wipes. I decided to give micellar water a try, and I'm really liking the results! I've read that some say they still need to clean/rinse after using it, but I don't find that to be the case and I've also read a lot that says it is not necessary either, particularly for sensitive skin. I use cotton balls (wasn't happy with cotton rounds) and my face is so much less irritated and red, and all my makeup comes off. It does take me several cotton balls to completely remove everything. I did not think it did a good job removing eye makeup - so I use a separate eye makeup remover first. I love to try new products, so I think next time I'll try the Simple one, but I would definitely repurchase this one. The packaging is pretty solid too, but the top seems like it could break off fairly easily.

on 11/6/2018 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA - 1.15.2019: Towards the end of December, I started getting horrible cystic acne, and noticed that after washing my skin, my face was becoming extremely irritated, dry, flaking, peeling. First week of January, I got to the point where my face literally HURT and was so inflamed from being irritated and cystic pimples popping up. The only two things new in my facial routine were a new moisturizer, and this stuff. I had started both around the same time (stupid, I know). I thought maybe the moisturizer was to blame, so I stopped using it. I started getting worse, because I wasn't soothing the irritation with any moisturizer. After stopping and thinking about how long I had used the moisturizer vs. this micellar water, and the dryness I was getting (which didn't make sense from a moisturizer) I decided to stop with this product and see.

It was this Garnier micellar water (pink bottle). I had used 1 full bottle and was half way through another - this stuff RUINED my skin. Never again. I am back to using the new moisturizer, and my skin is finally healing (almost completely healed). I stopped using this micellar water immediately and only use the Simple sensitive white micellar wipes (which I was using prior). All I can think of is that this stuff was stripping my skin's natural barrier (HEXYLENE GLYCOL) and just drying it out of all the good stuff and making it inflamed and acne started kicking in. I always washed my face after using this product -- always - so it may have been something in the micellar water stripping action that agitated my skin that gets benzoyl peroxide on it after washing, which is also strong (but I have used that for 10+ years). I was even getting cysts/lumps on my neck that would form under the skin like benign lumps (not acne). BE CAREFUL WITH MICELLAR STUFF.

I'm leaving it at two lippies, because if your skin can tolerate it - it's a cheap, affordable micellar water that does take off basic everyday makeup. But NOT FOR ME.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I purchased the pink bottle, there are two others as well.

A very good micelar water. Better than a lot of brands out there that are a lot of money. It's gentle and removes all traces of make up. I don't seem to have a reaction to it with my sensitive skin.

on 11/3/2018 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It is extremely satisfying to see how quickly my powder foundation and sunscreen are removed in a few swipes on a cotton pad with this cleansing water. It's fast, inexpensive (around $10 CAD for the large bottle) efficient, does the job well and I can wash my face this way while keeping my eye makeup intact. As a working parent with a full time job, I am always in a rush and it's nice to have the option of refreshing my face, while keeping my eye makeup untouched.

Sometimes I rinse with water after. Sometimes I don't rinse and let the glycerine hydrate my skin and I'm left with a nice glow.

Like everyone else says, it's not good for dissolving waterproof mascara or eyeliner. (I use coconut oil to do that.)

A big thanks to my friend who gave me a small freebie bottle that she didn't want. I am now hooked!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Awful, really bad. I’m so sorry l gave in the Hype.

It does not remove waterproof makeup. I use contact lenses, so waterproof mascara is a must. Everyday I go to work at 6:30 am and arrive home around 8:00 pm. I need a makeup remover that does the job. I usually use Ponds Clarant B3 makeup remover and is a dream, I don’t need to scrub, tug or spent a lot time waiting for it to work.

But I ran out of it and bought Garnier, big mistake. Today I had to scrub it in my eyelashes to get the mascara out, my eyes burned and my skin around the eyes was red.

I give it a 0 score!

on 10/9/2018 9:57:00 AM

I’ve been using this for a couple years and keep on repurchasing! It removes my sunscreen very well, and is quite inexpensive. My skin issues are sensitivity, mild rosacea, and clog prone pores.

Here is how I use it: I splash my face lightly with water. I pour a small amount of product onto the corner of my washcloth. I dab the cleanser onto my face for the first pass to reduce the rubbing and tugging. Then I gently swipe the cloth over my face. I feel that doing two passes gives the detergents in there time to do their job without making me need more product overall. I wash with my regular gentle cleanser to remove any residue.

I do not feel that this (or any micellar water I’ve tried) should be left on my face without rising, as it seems to increase sensitivity a little for me. Perhaps for those with normal skin it would be okay, but for me I will remove one lipoid because I can’t technically use as directed.

on 10/9/2018 4:14:00 AM

Good enough for removing makeup but not as easy to remove eye makeup as I thought. I feel that I need to use a lot of the product to fully take off all of my black eyeliner (I don't even wear mascara!) and the liquid does sting my eyes a little.

on 10/9/2018 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Super cheap for a good quality and quantity

I have lost count on how many bottles I have purchased and used. The main points that get me keep purchasing this product are because it is free from alcohol, which is can cause sensitivity and dryness to skin and my face does not react to any allergy or breakout. I am wearing makeup (expect lipstick) everyday for at least 12 hours and having said so, a pour of a few drops on cotton pad is more than sufficient to clean out my waterproof makeup. But sometimes, tough waterproof eye makeup, like mascara is hard to be wiped out and dissolved. So for eye makeup, I choose Bifesta eye makeup removal (duo-phases). The price of this product is reasonable and one big bottle of 400ml is more that sufficient to be used by me and my mom and it lasts for a few months. It claims that it can last up to 200 uses, which I believe so. It is very economical and effective compares to the high-end brands which are more expensive and smaller bottles.

If you do not wear any makeup, I would still suggest you to get a bottle of this, and wipe out all the dirts, sweats, build up from moisturisers/sun screen, pollutions, sebums that clogged on our pores for whole days in order to keep our faces clear and free from impurities. For micellar water, I will highlyrecommend anyone to either use this product (if I remember correctly, it is made in China) or Bifesta brand (made in Japan) if you do not mind to pay a little bit more as both of them are so good. No worries for those who have sensitive skin as my skin is acne-prone, oily and sensitive to new products - , break out of small acnes around my temples, cheeks and forehead, redness, itchiness, tight and flaky if I use wrong products. So if I can use this product, I believe other people who have similar skin type as me, can use this product as well.