Sage Skin Care Heavenly Body Velvet

No Image

4.3

Ingredients: Stabilized Aloe Vera Cold Pressed Gel, Safflower Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Green Tea Extract, Comfrey Extract, Sodium PCA, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance May also contain: Hydrolyzed Sunflower Oil, Allantoin, Mineral Oil, Bee Propylis Gel, DM DM Hydantoin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Barbara from Sage was nice enough to send me samples of this in my last order and I really like it. Similar texture to the Old Lady Cream but moisturizing enough for my dry abused hands. Didn't irritate my sensitive skin and I'd bet this would even be okay for facial use. I'm going to order a full-size.

I use this as my facial moisturizer and I love it! It isn't greasy, it gives a matte finish to my skin, and it smells great without irritating my very sensitive face. I use it as a moisture mask as well! It's $20 if you buy it alone but Sage has a deal where you can buy the 4 basic 8 oz. body products (any combination) for $50. That's very reasonable!

on 1/23/2003 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've used better body creams than this but not by much. Though it seems expensive, the quantity is generous so it lasts well. I keep it in my desk at work to alleviate the drying from the awful soap in the company bathroom and it does that beautifully!

on 10/3/2002 5:48:00 PM

So far, I have not been impressed by Sage's body products, and this is no exception. I found the quality to be on a par with drugstore moisturizers, yet it lacks the affordability of its more common cousins. For the price of an 8 oz. Body Velvet, I could almost buy a 155 South Body Cream or a Lather Lotion, etc., which are far superior in terms of moisturizing ability, scent and luxury. A sad waste of money.

on 6/13/2002 5:55:00 PM

This is one of my favorite body moisturizers. It's not greasy, yet hydrates my skin. It's so good, I even use it on my face!

on 4/16/2002 7:08:00 PM

This is a wonderful moisturizer, esp use after the body oil.
Not really greasy at all.

on 11/17/2001 2:03:00 AM

What a great lotion! It smells great- like oranges- and absorbs instantly which is a great plus with a toddler running around! It is a great value for the job it performs. It is best over the body velvet. Makes legs feel *sooo* silky!

on 6/24/2001 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've repurchased several times. It's a wonderful product. Great over Sage Body Oil.

on 6/13/2001 2:05:00 PM

Expensive? Yes. Packaging? Kinda cheap looking. But, its whats inside that counts, and this stuff is fabulous! Smells terrific (very subtle citrus like smell IMO), absorbs quickly and moisturizes without a greasy feel!

on 6/12/2001 6:27:00 PM

This body cream is a little lighter than Sage's Body Acid. It's also non-comedogenic, so you can even use it on breakout-prone body parts. The scent is a light mandarin that doesn't interfere much with perfume. Again, not luxurious or decadent-feeling, but really makes your skin feel nice with repeated use.