It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

2.0

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

on 5/15/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I won't list the brands, but I had tried at least 4 different powder foundations from different cosmetic lines, all with disappointing results. Even the most popular brands (with or without use of a foundation primer) caked on my pores and gave me a mask-like, unattractive, corpselike finish. Either that, or I got NO coverage at all- and it didn't cover my rosacea. (Rosacea is the main reason why I wear foundation in the first place.)

Anyway, when I saw the QVC program where this IT Cosmetics Celebration Illumination Foundation was being showcased, I was easily persuaded to give this a try because of what I saw. I saw models remove their foundation right on the air, and then reapply using this IT powder foundation without priming their skin or doing anything extraordinary. The results were amazing! I ordered this impulsively, and before I received my order, I began to develop anxiety about my purchase. Why would I invest in yet another powder foundation after my previous disastrous results? So the day after I received this in the mail, I nervously applied it the way I watched them do it on QVC. I expected the worst- but hoped for the best. I could not believe my eyes when I looked closely in the mirror after buffing this on my face with the nice buffer brush that was part of the special value. My face looked FLAWLESS! Just like the models on TV! My rosacea was GONE! It literally took under a minute to apply this, and the results were amazing! My face did not look caked and mask-like like it did with previous powder foundations, and the color blended *perfectly* into my skin! (I am NW20-25 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation and I purchased this IT foundation in the medium shade.) I could not believe it! I was so happy, I thought, "surely by the end of the day, this is going to melt off my face and prove to be a disappointment like previous powder foundations I have used in the past!" **BUT IT DIDN'T!!!** By the end of the day, I had some shine on my nose that was easily remedied with some MAC Blot Powder, but the rest of my face still looked flawless! I still can't believe how amazing this product is! I am so glad I got two! I was so worried I made a mistake and was going to have to ship them back, and now I am worried about how quickly I am going to use these babies up! LOL!

EDIT 5-15-17: I hope I didn't lead anyone astray with my previous review on this. I don't use this powder foundation anymore, because it seemed to be sticking inside my pores and making them look bigger. On anyone over the age of 50, I would say this foundation powder is a no-no. It has a slight sheen to it, and that is what the major issue is. It seems to magnify my pores and fine lines, making my face look imperfect and aged; everything opposite of the reason why a woman wears foundation in the first place. I guess this would be a decent powder foundation for a younger person with smaller pores and smooth skin. But then, why would anyone with smooth, poreless skin need foundation in the first place? I will not be repurchasing this.

on 9/6/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I overall liked this product. I wasn't too sure since it was illuminating, but it isn't extreme. Just a little big of a glow while still being matte and not oily looking. The color worked well and it really did cover with the included brush it came with. Didn't cause me to break out like the CC cream did (from the same brand) and I over all really enjoyed it. I would definitely try it out. It did last at least 8 hours on me. I tend to get oily quickly and it seemed to keep me a bit more matte longer then average. I also used some under my eyes to set my concealer and that also performed rather well which surprised me.

on 2/3/2015 3:30:00 PM

No no and no!!!!! I love IT cosmetics but not this one. WARNING IF YOU ARRE OVER 30 WITH AGING SKIN STAY AWAY. I am 54 and this shows every and I mean every line wrinkle pore and imperfection. It sits on top of skin like a crepy film no matter how hard you try to blend it. I am now using this under my nose only to cover some broken capillaries.

The ONLY thing I liked about this foundation was the coverage (didn't need to use a concealer). It covered my rosacea and light acne scars very well. That said, it made my pores (that I didn't know existed) stick out like a sore thumb--NOT a good look. It turned an orangy shade on my face after a couple of hours and the after using it only 1 time, I ended up with small red bumps on my forehead the following day. Thanks but no thanks. I returned it to Ulta for a refund. I will stick to my holy grail powder foundation: Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation in Ultra Fair. Lesson learned here? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Video Reviews & Tutorials