Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I brought this on a whim at the airport during a long layover. Initially I thought I would immediately regret this purchase but once I got home and tried it on properly with a loose brush in natural daylight of my bathroom I could see it is very natural and actually everything I wished the infamous Laura Mercer powder, or MUFE loose HD powder would have been for me (both either too pale or flashback). I'm a Medium-deep golden in complexion (Shades NC40-NC42, Bobbi Brown Stick in shade 4.0, Armani Luminous in 5.75 mixed with 6.0, Maybelline Fit me! Dewy in Shade 220 ) with combination / dry skin I got this shade in Medium Deep shade, I think I could have gotten away with using the Medium shade, but since my forehead is slightly darker then my the rest of my face like a lot of women with deeper skin tones, this doesn't look ashy or orange or reddish. which a lot of medium deep colors tend to go toward. Its not cheap, but not the most expensive so I don't think the price is that bad. This is a setting powder with little coverage, but just finishes and pulls your complexion together, it photographs very nicely- even in natural daylight. i haven't experienced any caking but if you are looking for something more heavy coverage or pigmented then this is not for you. Would repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have yet to find a less expensive alternative for this product. It makes my pores less visible and erases shine for the day. I notice a difference when I forget to use it, my skin gets so oily and my makeup melts off after a few hours. I have repurchased this product and the shade light matches my nc20-25 skin really well, it doesn't really add any coverage besides a blurring and anti-shine effect, which is everything I want in a finishing powder.

on 6/3/2016 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The most amazing, light-weight, buildable coverage powder ever. I've used this over several foundations and you really can't go wrong. It keeps foundation from caking/sliding all over the world, concealer from creasing, and oily spot from...oiling? It doesn't settle funky into my pores like most powders do and if I'm having an exceptionally dry day it won't stick to my flakeys.

I love this stuff! Keeps my foundation on for longer, gives my skin a smooth appearance and seems to even out any cakiness around my nose area that foundation creates. I use this all over my face with a large powder brush, including my under eyes since it sets the concealer perfectly and prevents creasing. My only gripe would be that for the price you don't get a lot, but they hide it by making the plastic container really thick. You get 8g, to put that into perspective Collection's sheer loose powder has 20g for £2.99! However the powder has lasted around 4 months since you only need a small amount.
Since I have almost ran out of this stuff and my local department store had sold out of my shade (light - I'm nc15/ Mont Blanc in nars), I had to go with a Mac prep and prime finishing powder. Mac certainly has a lot to live up to!

on 9/9/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder. It provides a soft focus finish and blends seamlessly into my foundation. I'm allergic to talc and this powder is talc free. It's absolutely undetectable but gives me a nice matte finish that lasts for hours. I use it as a setting powder for my foundation and cream blush and it tamps down the shine without looking heavy or cakey. It's incredibly lightweight and yet it works as well as heavier setting powders without an overly powdered finish. My only complaint is that there is very little product in the package. I try to conserve it by mixing it with the ELF HD powder on days when I'm just doing errands or nothing particularly important. However, for work days or special occasions, I use it alone and it looks beautifully natural. I apply it with a huge Smashbox natural bristle powder brush which helps give me light, believable coverage with just a few swipes. I love everything about this powder and have purchased it many times. It's a product that I simply can't live without. I highly recommend it for anyone using a light coverage foundation that needs a soft focus setting powder.

Best loose powder I've tried in a long time. It's very, very finely milled and goes on like a dream. It blurs imperfections and holds up well on my oily skin - doesn't disappear or get cakey. The price point is a bit high for a loose powder, but I think it's worth it. Great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I have been using Tarte's Amazonian Clay finishing powder for years and recently noticed that it would cling to dry patches and sometimes leave a white a cast to my face if I didn't the blend the hell out of it. So I went in search of a new finishing powder. I almost passed by this one from Urban Decay. I had used their old Razor Sharp (discontinued) powder in the past and wasn't a fan, plus the $34USD price tag put me off a bit. But I threw caution to the wind and bought it anyway. It is fantastic! It is the most finely milled powder I have EVER tried. Seriously. It melts into my skin in a way I didn't think powder could. Naked Skin mattifies very well but not too matte. There's just enough luminosity peaking through to keep skin from looking flat. And it is almost impossible to apply too much, this stuff just doesn't cake up. I love that the powder is tinted so I never have to worry about it leaving a white cast to my skin. Even though it is tinted it does not provide coverage, it isn't supposed to though. If you are looking for a loose powder to provide actual coverage, look elsewhere. It does seem to blur the look of my skin and sets concealer and foundation very well. The packaging is gorgeous! A clear jar with a silver lid and sifter, it has a very luxurious look. UD hit this one out of the park and I will definitely buy again.

on 11/28/2014 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this powder! I have dry skin so w any setting powder I have to use it with right foundation but using a powder puff and rolling into your skin works 100 times better so if ure using a brush and it isn't working...try that...there's tons of how to videos on YouTube but I suggest gossmakeupartist. Old if it's just me but feels like the most finely milled powder I've ever felt...I actually took back one of the hourglass ambient powders and got this...me and my friend were amazed with how it felt...like Butter...and its not going to make u look chalky like white ones do...I still set my conceAler with mac prep prime lavender powder ...big difference in the two. It's matte but over a radiant foundation u can still see the glow! I don't feel it gives to much extra coverage buts it set better then a translucent one. I feel like if u go one to dark or light u should still be okay. The packaging is so cute with the UD letters that the powder comes out in...it's sturdy w out feeling like u could break it. Distributes just enough like some (elf) it is higher priced but I feel it's worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After reading the reviews for this powder (the existence of which I'd somehow missed til now), I got a sample at Sephora. The SA was going to give me the 2nd lightest shade but realized quickly (as did I) that I needed the lightest. It's surprising that there isn't a lighter shade because I'm NW15/20 but it's summer so I'm probably closer to 20 which means there are loads of women with fairer skin than mine who won't be able to use this product. I was also surprised that it was fairly pricey for a loose powder. BUT...having said that, I love this stuff. I apply it over my BB cream and it gives just that extra bit of colour/coverage but also makes for a nicer finished product and keeps the middle of my face from looking shiny. It also helps the BB cream (or foundation) last longer and look fresher longer.

I have a LOT of finishing and setting powders in my collection and I really need to start using up some of them before I purchase a new one but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this when the time comes that I need a new finishing powder. Good product, though pricey, but worth a try if you can find a good colour match.

on 6/26/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The UD Naked foundation has become my HG along with this powder. This powder is so fine and smooth. It blurs any fine lines and imperfections. I am a professional make-up artist and have yet to find a powder quite like this one. It is a perfect color match for my skin and doesn't look "powdery". I have very oily skin, acne prone and sensitive skin and this doesn't break me out. I use milk of magnesia for a primer, spray UD de slick spray, apple UD naked foundation, this powder, finish the rest of my make-up application and spray de slick again. This make-up routine is fantastic and will last my 12 hour work days. I highly recommend this powder along with all the product mentioned. HG powder..try it!