Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

on 2/21/2017 11:08:00 AM

Honestly this palette is great. It's very pigmented and the colors are beautiful. If you are looking for a neutral palette that is capable of creating every look you need look no farther. Too Faced impressed me again, and they really blew this one out of the bag. So let's talk about the eyeshadows themself. So there are two highlight shades; one is matte and the other is shimmery. White Chocolate, the matte one, is a cream off-white color and is a great overall base. The shimmery one is called champagne truffle, and it is the perfect highlight shade. I also use this color as a cheek-bone highlight sometimes. Those 2 are really the only highlight shades in the palette. Okay, now let's talk about the mattes. There are 6 matte colors including white chocolate (the highlight shade). There is salted caramel (a deep skin toned/ pale orange), Semi- Sweet (a deep chocolate brown), Milk chocolate (a great transition/crease color, beige soft brown), Strawberry Bon- Bon (A pale pink, doesn't show up well on darker skintones), and lastly Triple Fudge(a dark- dark brown almost black). The rest are shimmer. There are 10 non-matte shades, and they vary in texture and finish. There is Gilded Ganache (a deep earthy green), Hazelnut (a brown with a sparkle finish), Marzipan, my favorite ( a rose-gold shimmery/glitter), Creme Brulee (gold version of marzipan), Haute Chocolate ( a deep dark brown), Cherry Cordial ( a deep burgundy), Candid Violet (a dark purple, shows up grey unless you use a lot), Black Forest Truffle ( a mixed berry color), and Amaretto (a lighter burgundy color). I use this palette everyday. It is so versatile. I can use it on days I have a big event, and also when Im just lounging around and want a little extra color. I recommend this pallet if you are drawn in by browns and earthy colors, and what's better than getting a small whiff of chocolate every now and then while your sitting at the office or walking through school ? My two favorite things combined. Makeup and chocolate!

This is a very versatile palette that offers many options. The colors are perfect for individuals who lean towards neutral, natural, earthy tones. The colors are are absolutely beautiful. About 95% of these shadows are highly pigmented and bendable. Like other reviewers had stated; the shimmery shadows are highly pigmented. Gilded Ganache and Candied Violet feel similar in texture and are a little rough to the touch. However these colors are still wearable and gorgeous. Applying them wet has personally helped me. The only color that did not work for me was Strawberry Bon Bon. It may be that my skintone is too dark for the color to show up on me. It is chalky and I have not been able to get it to stay and stick to my eyelids even with primer. In conclusion this palette is a must have in my collection. I wear almost everyday!!!

on 1/30/2017 9:41:00 AM

I like this more than I thought I would. It was a gift and when I opened it I thought cute packaging but neutrals similar to what I have, plus a few colors I wouldn't wear (pink , sparkly purple...). But the colors are all gorgeous on with great texture and color payoff. I wear almost every shade and only find one shadow I feel is in need of improvement- the pale creamy beige I use on the brow bone. It's matte, nice color, but not enough color payoff. I offer go over it with a MAC shade like vanilla or orb. Love the rest and recommend

on 1/30/2017 7:36:00 AM

I love this palette, the package, the smell, the colors. Everything is stuninng. For this price you get many shadows compare to other paletts of too faced which have 9 colors and it costs 36 $. I used it everyday alone or combine it whith other paletts.

on 1/19/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Buy this palette because you need it and you will love it like i do

on 1/11/2017 2:18:00 PM

I'm honestly just not that wowed by this. I got this a few months ago when I got my Ulta credit card after wanting all 3 chocolate bar palettes forever. I just got this and the semi sweet, though. I think that i'm not in love with it because it's just another set of neutrals, and I LOVE neutrals. Nothing super impressive in here. I don't think the purples are that pretty/look that good and I don't use purple that often anyways. Gilded ganache is so ugly to me. I don't like gold so i'll almost never use creme brulee. I do really like the highlight shades, milk chocolate is good, too but nothing that I don't already have. Strawberry bonbon is pretty but i'm not sure how to wear it. I need to play with it. Amaretto, cherry cordial and black forest truffle are all really pretty also, but I guess I haven't really been that inspired to create a look with them. Haute chocolate showed up way darker than I had wanted and I want to love Marzipan but it also came out way darker/gold than I expected. The packaging is super cute though and the smell is amazing but I think I could gave probably lived without this. I blame all of the hype around it. Maybe if I play around with it some more I'll like it. I made myself use the peach palette for 3 days to see if I liked it and wanted to keep it and also watched a lot of tutorials and ended up liking it and keeping it. I need to do the same for this I suppose. I just wish I loved it so much more than I do. I will say I like this more than the semi sweet one, though.

Its really good

on 1/6/2017 10:30:00 PM

I would never purchase this palette again. It's way too boring for me. I personally feel like Too Faced fills a good majority of their palettes with a ton of browns. I never use this and this was my first high end palette.

on 1/3/2017 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Such a nice neutral palette:) i got this last year when i went to mexico and i use it almost everyday its perfect. I dont even feel the need to buy any more eyeshadow because (i already have enough besides this) it has everything i need. Smells nice :) should know that couple of shades are more dry than the others so just use a good base and load your brush with the product. Btw the colour champagne truffle i think? Is really pretty as a face highlight!

on 1/2/2017 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Chocolate bar when it first came out (with the thicker packaging) & I absolutely loved it. It was my everyday palette and used almost every single shadows. Unfortunately, I lost my first palette and bought a second with the new packaging which is thinner. I can't help but notice that the formula changed? It might just be me, but I didn't find myself reaching for some shadow as it seem dry and as richly pigmented as the first one. (Ex. cherry cordial, strawberry bon bon) The color selection is perfect for everyday natural looks as it consists of various brown shades with different undertones yet keeping it fun with some pop of colors that are neutral. I especially love using salted caramel in the crease. Without a primer, the shadows lasted a good 4-5 hours before it begins to fade and with a primer, it lasted 7+ hours.