Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

I did give this 5 stars, but that's pretty much because if I was gonna own any piece of makeup that speaks to me, it would be this one. BUT with that being said, I wasn't like- Holy crap! This is the best eyeshadow I've ever used! I have indeed used drugstore eyeshadow that performed just as well. But, the product itself is one of a kind (other than the dupe that's out). I have blue eyes, and this is really pretty, but I wish I had purchased the semi sweet. I will eventually purchase it, and if I like it, that will be the one I repurchase. If you can find this on sale or have a birthday coming up, I would recommend it. But if you think you "have" to have it for $49, I PERSONALLY don't think it is worth the splurge. But that is just my opinion.

on 7/14/2016 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

As a formality, I'm gonna mention how fantastic this palette smells. Some colors are sort of annoying in that they're not as blendable or pigmented (Candied Violet, Cherry Cordial, and just generally the dark shimmery shades), but if you build it up enough they're a nice accent on the outer lid. Others are nice but could offer more pigmentation, like Strawberry Bon Bon. However, some of these I am absolutely in love with like Crème Brûlée, Triple Fudge, Champagne Truffle, or Milk Chocolate because they have great pigmentation and color. Overall, this palette has a lot of great colors that offer a ton of different looks. Some are up in the air, but overall I really enjoy this palette and it was a great splurge for me.

To Read all 258 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love love love, this is a very versatile product, the range of colours allows me to do more natural and heavier make up looks, making it a great product for taking away with you!

I usually after a while get bored of palettes but this one is great for creating lots multiple looks colour wise. Other palettes I eventually have to incorporate other palettes/shadows to mix it up but no need with this one.

The actual shadows smell amazing!! And feel very soft and powdery. I find them quite pigmented which I really like and don't take that much building.
Much better pigmented than the Naked pallets (urban decay)

The champagne truffle highlight is the best highlighter I've ever used! Comes out a lovely shimmery pink and works great on feature points like cheek bones etc

There is a great mixture of shimmer shades and matte which actually allows me to use the product for my brows too.

Only couple of downsides is the shadows without primer do seem to fade and not be quite as crisp, if you do a crease cut after an hour or so it's not very sharp anymore and becomes one shade. Also some of the shades don't quite come out the same as they look; for example the cherry one I find comes out as more as a brown rather than a purple sort of colour.

Packaging is durable and very very cute which I like. Fairly small palette compared to some which is another reason it's great for taking away. Easy to clean and keep looking nice.

on 6/18/2016 9:59:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette! Originally i had the Boudoir Eyes palette and loved it and the Soleil bronzer so much from Too Faced that I had to see the hype about this palette. All the colors are very pigmented and have a creamy smooth texture that glides on. All the shades are super bendable and stay on all day. This palette is ten time better than anything Urban Decay has to offer and easily blows all the Naked palettes out of the water. My absolute favorite shade in this palette is Salted Caramel and I have yet to find any eyeshadow as great as it. Too Faced will forever be my favorite cosmetic company.

on 6/14/2016 9:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I actually got this as a gift and Wow!! It's amazing!! It stays in place long and smells AMAZINGGG!! A must have for every girl. And it's cruelty free which is a must for me👍

Pure hype!! If you have been saving money to splurge on a palette, DO NOT GET THIS! Yes the packaging is pretty and will look cute for your instagram feed, smells like chocolate blah blah but believe me, this is not worth your money. Apart from three shades that are unique and actually work and blend well - salted caramel, marzipan and champagne truffle- the rest is just pure crap. Three of the shades look exactly alike when swatched on the lid -amaretto, cherry cordial and hazelnut - you are lucky if it actually shows up other than a muddy brown and dont expect it to stay all day even with primer. Stawberry bon bon is just a chalky white. That said there are not much looks to experiment with this palette. Dont waste your money. You dont even have to buy it to know it sucks, swatch this is in the store and see for yourself. Go for makeup geek, inglot or the mac warm palette instead.

on 6/10/2016 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Contains amazing shades which you can do multiple looks from. Smells like chocolate and the packaging is beautiful.

LOVE THIS! Beautiful colors with impeccable quality. However, don't expect to get wonderful results without primer and a light eyeshadow base- but that's true for pretty much all eyeshadows. My HG and I can honestly say it's the best makeup product I've ever purchased!

This is a nice eyeshadow palette, however I did have some issues with the packaging and certain shades.

I think my palette is the old one, because it doesn't have the names of the shades on the actual palette, so I'm not sure if Too Faced fixed this or not. I did notice in someone's GRWM youtube video that the palette may not have closed properly though. This palette doesn't click shut, so I'd advise you to keep the box you bought it in. If I were to travel with this palette, I'd definitely put an elastic bag around it and put it in its box.

Also, there seems to be a universal agreement that strawberry bon bon is complete rubbish. And it's completely right, that shade is chalky, awful and barely shows up on the eyelids, even with primer. You can't use it as a blush either. I think the matte highlight shade, white chocolate, is actually the same shade as my skin so it doesn't really show up on my brow bone or inner corners. It's better on the lid though, so I think it's just my skin tone. Candied violet is very sheer and has a lot of glitter fallout, so be wary of that.

All the other shades are very pigmented and wear and last well on my slightly oily eyelids. Sometimes I have some difficulty blending, but I think that's at least partially attributed to the brushes I use. Overall, this is a good palette that smells amazing, its only flaws being the flimsy packaging (and for $70-something AUD you want something with a secure closing mechanism) and several dud shades.

on 5/23/2016 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I received this palette as a Birthday Gift from my boy friend. Great quality and good pigmentation from this eyeshadow palette. The only eyeshadow brand I wear is from Too Faced!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronze Smokey Eyes Using Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette | Jo Levy by Jo Levy

Smokey Aubergine Eyes Using Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette | Jo Levy by Jo Levy

Review: Too Faced Chocolate Bar by Emily Ko