Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

on 8/28/2016 4:49:00 AM

I`ve bought this a few months ago and I was waiting to try all the shadows and play with different looks before I could write a fair review. A few years ago I was trying to decide between this and the Naked UD palette. The SA in Bangkok was pushing really heavily for the UD and did a bunch of looks on me to convince me into buying it. So I got the UD Naked out of politeness and also because the golden smokey eye she did was great. But truth be told, I use only a few of the shades from UD because there is too much glitter and I just need simple, more sophisticated looks. I should`ve gotten the Too Faced Chocolate Bar! I love the matte shades in this one so much and it`s so easy to use in the morning when I am rushing. Also there is more variety in the darker smoky shades to create more diverse looks than with UD. The violets, the greens, the browns in this one are so much prettier and less garish than the UD palette. Would I repurchase? Probably not, but just because I go slowly through my palettes and they seem to last me a good while.

on 8/28/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette introduced me to the highend side of makeup. Endlessly trying to find a good eye-shadow palette at the drugstore/pharmacy proved fruitless, so I thought I should finally take the plunge and buy the Too Faced one. I didn't regret it...but it started me looking into the performance of higher end products, to the dismay of my pockets.

Since then I have owned many palettes but I am definitely pulled to this palette and it's not just because of the chocolate scent.

The colours are easy everyday wear shades which are even easier to apply with minimum fallout.

I used to think applying eye-shadow was an art, but the shades and blend-ability of these are what makes this a dream. The colours last all day with a primer (Elf) and don't look muddy when blended into one another.

The powders have never irritated my skin or eyes and they are smooth to touch. The metallic shades area just as beautiful as the mattes and complement each other.

I really do love this palette and all of the Too Faced line.

To Read all 263 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Another high standard too faced product. After owing (and loving) the too faced semi sweet for about a year my boyfriend treated me to the too faced chocolate bar palette. Ever single shade is usable on my skin (medium skin tone with neutral undertones).
Glided ganache - a shimmery green, goldish brown. This shade glitters, but it isn't chunky or rough to touch and there is no fall out.
White chocolate - creamy white matte. Perfect as a base colour to make other colours pop.
Milk chocolate - light matte brown. Perfect transitional colour. I also find it compliments my brown eyes.
Black Forest truffle - purpley brown shimmer shade. A very stand out shade in the palette, perfect when created a smoky eye.
Triple fudge - matte dark brown. Lovely as a crease colour for a brown & gold smoky eye.
Salted caramel - matte rust brown shade. Beautiful as a base for a gold eye look.
Marzipan - shimmery champagne gold coloured shadow. Quite possibly the most pigmented shade in the palette. This shade is definitely my favourite of the palette. It looks good blended with other shadows, in the inner corner or even alone on the lid.
Semi sweet - medium matte brown. The most natural brown eyeshadow colour. Really good as a transitional colour.
Strawberry Bon Bon - matte light pink shade. Not as pigmented as other shades but works as a base colour.
Candied violet - shimmery violet grey shade. Not a favourite shade of the palette as I don't feel it matches the warmth of the palette completely but I have found uses for it.
Amaretto - shimmery red brown. One of the most beautiful shades of the palette. Really beautiful lid colour (I pair with cherry cordial in the crease and marzipan patted in the corner of the lid).
Hazelnut - shimmery bronze. Beautiful crease colour for brown and gold eye make up.
Crème brûlée - shimmery gold shade. It's so pigmented and it is a nice gold shade, not looking yellow like some shadows tend to do.
Haute chocolate - shimmery light brown. It looks amazing on brown eyes paired with semi sweet.
Cherry cordial - burgundy rust red matte shade containing glitter. Lovely outer corner crease.
Champagne truffle - champagne pink highlight shade. Extremely pigmented, beautiful paired with any shade in the palette.

Every single shade is blendable and they all go so well together. This palette also suits my sister who is the opposite of me (she has blue eyes, pale skin). The signature chocolate smell is also as usual a very nice touch. I find it lasts 9+ hours with primer, also staying in place in 30+ degrees (Celsius / 86+ Fahrenheit) . When only taking this palett on a two week holiday I found myself easily able to create different looks all day, and I was not wishing I had other palettes there. I own around 18 palettes and this is fast becoming a favourite. The shadows are so buttery smooth so there are no issues packing product onto the brush.

on 8/10/2016 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

There is nothing in the world like this pallate, If has a beautiful mixture of matts And glitters and smell AMAZING. if you need one pallate for the rest of your life, defiantly this. 10/10

on 7/31/2016 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you wanted only ONE eyeshadow palette in your makeup stash, GET THIS ONE. This palette is all you need to create so many different looks!! 🙌🏼

I did give this 5 stars, but that's pretty much because if I was gonna own any piece of makeup that speaks to me, it would be this one. BUT with that being said, I wasn't like- Holy crap! This is the best eyeshadow I've ever used! I have indeed used drugstore eyeshadow that performed just as well. But, the product itself is one of a kind (other than the dupe that's out). I have blue eyes, and this is really pretty, but I wish I had purchased the semi sweet. I will eventually purchase it, and if I like it, that will be the one I repurchase. If you can find this on sale or have a birthday coming up, I would recommend it. But if you think you "have" to have it for $49, I PERSONALLY don't think it is worth the splurge. But that is just my opinion.

on 7/14/2016 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

As a formality, I'm gonna mention how fantastic this palette smells. Some colors are sort of annoying in that they're not as blendable or pigmented (Candied Violet, Cherry Cordial, and just generally the dark shimmery shades), but if you build it up enough they're a nice accent on the outer lid. Others are nice but could offer more pigmentation, like Strawberry Bon Bon. However, some of these I am absolutely in love with like Crème Brûlée, Triple Fudge, Champagne Truffle, or Milk Chocolate because they have great pigmentation and color. Overall, this palette has a lot of great colors that offer a ton of different looks. Some are up in the air, but overall I really enjoy this palette and it was a great splurge for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love love love, this is a very versatile product, the range of colours allows me to do more natural and heavier make up looks, making it a great product for taking away with you!

I usually after a while get bored of palettes but this one is great for creating lots multiple looks colour wise. Other palettes I eventually have to incorporate other palettes/shadows to mix it up but no need with this one.

The actual shadows smell amazing!! And feel very soft and powdery. I find them quite pigmented which I really like and don't take that much building.
Much better pigmented than the Naked pallets (urban decay)

The champagne truffle highlight is the best highlighter I've ever used! Comes out a lovely shimmery pink and works great on feature points like cheek bones etc

There is a great mixture of shimmer shades and matte which actually allows me to use the product for my brows too.

Only couple of downsides is the shadows without primer do seem to fade and not be quite as crisp, if you do a crease cut after an hour or so it's not very sharp anymore and becomes one shade. Also some of the shades don't quite come out the same as they look; for example the cherry one I find comes out as more as a brown rather than a purple sort of colour.

Packaging is durable and very very cute which I like. Fairly small palette compared to some which is another reason it's great for taking away. Easy to clean and keep looking nice.

on 6/18/2016 9:59:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette! Originally i had the Boudoir Eyes palette and loved it and the Soleil bronzer so much from Too Faced that I had to see the hype about this palette. All the colors are very pigmented and have a creamy smooth texture that glides on. All the shades are super bendable and stay on all day. This palette is ten time better than anything Urban Decay has to offer and easily blows all the Naked palettes out of the water. My absolute favorite shade in this palette is Salted Caramel and I have yet to find any eyeshadow as great as it. Too Faced will forever be my favorite cosmetic company.

on 6/14/2016 9:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I actually got this as a gift and Wow!! It's amazing!! It stays in place long and smells AMAZINGGG!! A must have for every girl. And it's cruelty free which is a must for me👍

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette by Myesha La'Shay

Review: Too Faced Chocolate Bar by Emily Ko

Bronze Smokey Eyes Using Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette | Jo Levy by Jo Levy

Smokey Aubergine Eyes Using Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette | Jo Levy by Jo Levy

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette Eyeshadow Tutorial by Alana K