Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

on 2/28/2017 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My everyday eyeshadow palette, I have a large collection of eyeshadow palettes and I literally use this every day for work and most of the time for going out on weekends - only reach for another if i need a pop of colour or I'm experimenting. The smell is amazing and I adore the packaging. The shadows blend out easily and have great pigment, all except the light pink shade which i find absolutely useless.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Every time you open the palette, you smell a faint cocoa powder smell, which is super nice. Even after having it for months, it still smells delicious. This palette is a little over-priced, but to me the entire brand is overpriced. They do have some of the cutest packaging I've ever seen in the make-up world. And the products and packaging are definitely high quality so it pretty much makes it worth it. Unfortunately the lid on mine broke off from the hinge a couple of weeks ago. I'm not even sure how it happened.

The browns, golds, greens, and reds are awesome. I only wish there were more shades of Green, for example. I think this palette could have done without the pink and purple shades, they just seem out of place, to me and I use them the least. Especially in conjunction with the rest of the palette.

Candied Violet definitely seems out of place in this palette. At least, I haven't found much use for it. Maybe it's because it's such a random cool color in a mostly warm palette. I prefer warm colors in general but this shadow is also very sheer and I can't seem to build it up or apply it in a way that looks nice.

Strawberry Bon Bon also is a little outof place but luckily it applies pretty pale so I can use it as a base color. Although I already have White Chocolate for that. I just don't get the pink/purple shades in this. However, Champagne Truffle is a gorgeous inner-corner highlight color, and I even use it as a cheek highlight, sometimes.

Marzipan is my favorite shade for all over the lid. It gives you a beautiful warm, shimmery tan color, which is perfect for the lid with a brown shade (such as Milk Chocolate) in the crease. This is one of my go-to casual looks (along with White Chocolate as a base). When I don't want to spend too much time on shadow/don't want anything dramatic.

Creme Brulee is another favorite because I absolutely love gold (and I wish there were more gold colors in this) and I often pair it with Hazelnut and Semi-sweet. Gilded Ganache and Black Forest Truffle are perfect for dramatic smokey eye looks. Like I said, I wish there were more greenish browns... but I guess that wouldn't be very "chocolate-y" (although neither is purple).

Cherry Cordial goes great with Amaretto for that burgundy shadow look. Thankfully I can actually pull it off without looking sick, like some do, so it's become one of my favorite eye looks. I wish there were more brownish reds.

I've had this palette for around a year and there is still plenty of shadow left in the pans. Probably because it's not my only palette. I would like to think I will repurchase this when it runs out. Although I've recently been turned on to Colourpop shadows and am completely in love with their Super Shock Shadows (their powder formula, not so much). And I like the idea of buying individual shadows & really wish Too Faced offered individual shadows (especially Triple Fudge because it's become my go-to eyebrow and liner shade & I've used it the most). But I suppose this palette has enough wearable shadows that I sure wouldn't mind having it around if I had the cash.

on 2/23/2017 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this palette was overhype's but I tried it and I really like it! If you are a fan of purple-brown neutral shadows, this palette is great! The only shade I don't like is pink sugar because I feel that it is too pale for my medium skin tone. The shimmer shades are pigmented and beautiful for neutral or even bolder, smokier looks. It looks like there are a lot of browns but each brown adds a different vibe to the look. The highlighting shades are also beautiful and so creamy; you can even use the shimmer one on the cheekbones! The only shadow I found was lacking pigment was candied violet; it is stiff and doesn't show up well even on the lower lash line but I still think this palette is versatile and really fits within the chocolate bar theme!

on 2/21/2017 11:08:00 AM

Honestly this palette is great. It's very pigmented and the colors are beautiful. If you are looking for a neutral palette that is capable of creating every look you need look no farther. Too Faced impressed me again, and they really blew this one out of the bag. So let's talk about the eyeshadows themself. So there are two highlight shades; one is matte and the other is shimmery. White Chocolate, the matte one, is a cream off-white color and is a great overall base. The shimmery one is called champagne truffle, and it is the perfect highlight shade. I also use this color as a cheek-bone highlight sometimes. Those 2 are really the only highlight shades in the palette. Okay, now let's talk about the mattes. There are 6 matte colors including white chocolate (the highlight shade). There is salted caramel (a deep skin toned/ pale orange), Semi- Sweet (a deep chocolate brown), Milk chocolate (a great transition/crease color, beige soft brown), Strawberry Bon- Bon (A pale pink, doesn't show up well on darker skintones), and lastly Triple Fudge(a dark- dark brown almost black). The rest are shimmer. There are 10 non-matte shades, and they vary in texture and finish. There is Gilded Ganache (a deep earthy green), Hazelnut (a brown with a sparkle finish), Marzipan, my favorite ( a rose-gold shimmery/glitter), Creme Brulee (gold version of marzipan), Haute Chocolate ( a deep dark brown), Cherry Cordial ( a deep burgundy), Candid Violet (a dark purple, shows up grey unless you use a lot), Black Forest Truffle ( a mixed berry color), and Amaretto (a lighter burgundy color). I use this palette everyday. It is so versatile. I can use it on days I have a big event, and also when Im just lounging around and want a little extra color. I recommend this pallet if you are drawn in by browns and earthy colors, and what's better than getting a small whiff of chocolate every now and then while your sitting at the office or walking through school ? My two favorite things combined. Makeup and chocolate!

This is a very versatile palette that offers many options. The colors are perfect for individuals who lean towards neutral, natural, earthy tones. The colors are are absolutely beautiful. About 95% of these shadows are highly pigmented and bendable. Like other reviewers had stated; the shimmery shadows are highly pigmented. Gilded Ganache and Candied Violet feel similar in texture and are a little rough to the touch. However these colors are still wearable and gorgeous. Applying them wet has personally helped me. The only color that did not work for me was Strawberry Bon Bon. It may be that my skintone is too dark for the color to show up on me. It is chalky and I have not been able to get it to stay and stick to my eyelids even with primer. In conclusion this palette is a must have in my collection. I wear almost everyday!!!

on 1/30/2017 9:41:00 AM

I like this more than I thought I would. It was a gift and when I opened it I thought cute packaging but neutrals similar to what I have, plus a few colors I wouldn't wear (pink , sparkly purple...). But the colors are all gorgeous on with great texture and color payoff. I wear almost every shade and only find one shadow I feel is in need of improvement- the pale creamy beige I use on the brow bone. It's matte, nice color, but not enough color payoff. I offer go over it with a MAC shade like vanilla or orb. Love the rest and recommend

on 1/30/2017 7:36:00 AM

I love this palette, the package, the smell, the colors. Everything is stuninng. For this price you get many shadows compare to other paletts of too faced which have 9 colors and it costs 36 $. I used it everyday alone or combine it whith other paletts.

on 1/19/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Buy this palette because you need it and you will love it like i do

on 1/11/2017 2:18:00 PM

I'm honestly just not that wowed by this. I got this a few months ago when I got my Ulta credit card after wanting all 3 chocolate bar palettes forever. I just got this and the semi sweet, though. I think that i'm not in love with it because it's just another set of neutrals, and I LOVE neutrals. Nothing super impressive in here. I don't think the purples are that pretty/look that good and I don't use purple that often anyways. Gilded ganache is so ugly to me. I don't like gold so i'll almost never use creme brulee. I do really like the highlight shades, milk chocolate is good, too but nothing that I don't already have. Strawberry bonbon is pretty but i'm not sure how to wear it. I need to play with it. Amaretto, cherry cordial and black forest truffle are all really pretty also, but I guess I haven't really been that inspired to create a look with them. Haute chocolate showed up way darker than I had wanted and I want to love Marzipan but it also came out way darker/gold than I expected. The packaging is super cute though and the smell is amazing but I think I could gave probably lived without this. I blame all of the hype around it. Maybe if I play around with it some more I'll like it. I made myself use the peach palette for 3 days to see if I liked it and wanted to keep it and also watched a lot of tutorials and ended up liking it and keeping it. I need to do the same for this I suppose. I just wish I loved it so much more than I do. I will say I like this more than the semi sweet one, though.

Its really good