Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter
Matte Radiance Baked Powder HighlighterEnter TitleEnter TitleMatte Radiance Baked Powder HighlighterMatte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter

4.5

Mica (Ci 77019), Talc, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isohexadecane, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Oleate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica. May Contain ( /-): Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 8/11/2018 12:38:00 AM

gorgeous natural highlight, i have this in shade 01. its very very natural and not one of those blinding ones that looks wet. This is better because this looks like a glow from within and does not look like i am trying too hard. it does have kick up and is powdery but its nice on the skin so i don't mind it. i can go crazy with this and it will never loos cakey or bad.

on 6/8/2018 10:34:00 AM

I got this highlighter as part of my Sephora sunkissed glow favourites collection this summer 2018. This is the product I loved the most. When I dipped my brush in it this morning it felt super powdery and the brush trapped a lot of the product...but on the skin, it looked so beautiful and natural. Eventhough the shade is Pearl and light for my skin tone it was amazing. I highly recommend it if you are over 30 and looking for a not too blinding, everyday wearable highlighter. The price is on the high side so I would rather use the physicians formula nude all in one palette which gives the same glow and doesn't cause my sensitive skin any irritation. Hope you found my review helpful. If so, please hit the helpful button so I know. Thanks so much for reading.

on 6/8/2018 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I really wanted to love this highlighter. I've been looking for a *powder* highlighter that gives a natural, subtle glow, and many of the highly positive reviews about this baked highlighter suggested that it was exactly what I was looking for. So, I took the plunge and bought it (CAD $50 at Sephora). I would agree with all reviewers that this product is beautiful; it's finely milled and soft. The colour is gorgeous and works well with my skin tone (light/medium with freckles).

The problem for me, despite so many opinions to the contrary, is that it is too glittery for my mature (but good) skin, and for my taste. Although so many people stressed the lack of glitter in this highlighter (and I'm sure it is less glittery compared to others), in direct sunlight and under some artificial light, I see tiny sparkles everywhere I've applied it – even when applied with a light hand. I have drugstore highlighters that I prefer … my Essence Pure Nude Highlighter is similar to the LM Matte Radiance highlighter, but more natural looking on me – more subtle. LA Girl Velvet Highlighter stick in Luminous and Annabellle Perfect Cream Highlighter stick in Champagne are also more natural looking, and don't accentuate lines and wrinkles. I also have the RMS Living Luminizer (almost HG status for me) which gives a lovely, natural glow.

So, I’ll be sticking with the illuminating products I have and, sadly, this one will be going back to the store.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

amazing highlighter, don't get me wrong i love intense highlighters for example i've been using ofra cosmetics beverly hills, glow goals and rodeo drive highlighter which are pretty strong highlighters. but this highlighter is totally different from them, perfect sheen, not chunky or glittery. I'm in the shade nw13 in mac foundations, this highlighter is perfect everyday highlighter for me, glowy but nearly skin-like glow. And i think this makes this product unique. I found the packaging a little bulky and price is overwhelming. in terms of powder highlighters this product is winner for someone who dislikes strong highlighters. highly recommend.

on 3/4/2018 12:47:00 AM

This highlighter is worth every single penny and every time I reach for it I wonder why I ever use anything else. I have a drawer full of highlighters that get use on a regular basis, but this one blows me away every single time and never fails- day or night! Candle lit glow perfection.

on 12/23/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As almost a every reviewer has mentioned this is a sophisticated subtle highlighter. It's very finely milled and applies effortlessly without emphasizing pores or texture issues. The finish is neither metallic nor shimmery but pearly. Seems like they used the same kind of particles as in Guerlain's Meteorites but more concentrated. I almost returned this because the peachy pink nude color in the pan left some icy sheen which I wasn't very fond of. If you're cool toned definitely give it a try.

When I changed the brush to Real Technics finishing brush it blended much better and looked very natural, not many would spot the highlighter itself but the glow it lends to the face is undeniable. Also the wear time is pretty much astonishing.
The only negative points are the price tag, the bulky packaging and the softness of it; as long as the brush taches it product flies everywhere getting messy.

So this is my everyday go-to highlighter for work or any occasion for which I want to look effortlessly beautiful and put together. For more glamorous makeup I'm a big fan Mary-Loo which is far more intensely metallic and gold toned. I never really found it too shimmery and with a slight sweep from a fan brush it blends nicely with my light warm skin tone. It's not as long lasting though.

I still plan on getting Strobe cream in Goldlite to layer when I feel like it but I'm pretty much set with those iconic highlighters. Really beautiful.

On Sephora, this Highlight 01 is described as a “golden nude” but on my neutral olive(?) skin tone (approximately M.A.C. NC20/C2), I would say this is more of a beige leaning pink. It is still very natural if I keep it sheer, but if I really build it up then the pink starts getting noticeable. For your reference I rarely ever wear foundation, so I normally use this on top of clean, moisturized skin.

If you are after that “glowing from within, healthy, radiant skin” look then this is great for that. This product is very finely milled, quite powdery and because of that, the inside of the compact tends to get dirty looking really quickly. It has minimal, fine shimmer that can only be seen up close. The lasting power is pretty good (around 6 hours on my combination leaning oily skin). At the end of the day, I tend to find stray sparkles on areas of my face where I did not put any highlight so there is definitely some migration happening.

Some downsides to this product: it can emphasize texture (acne or dryness) when really built up because it becomes more 'metallic' looking, and the packaging is quite bulky. It takes up substantial space in my travel makeup bag.

Overall, this highlighter is a great product to have in your makeup collection but it is not something spectacular that you NEED to have (in my opinion).

edit: I have now destashed this from my collection as I found myself rarely reaching for it. Some products I've been loving instead is the Becca SSPP in Moonstone or the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Highlighting Powder in Candlelight.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I hate crazy sparkly dramatic highlighters so I was looking for something more subtle. This highlighter is the best I've used so far on my skin. Over the last year my skin has changed from oily to dry and when wearing it with either skin types, this highlighter just makes my skin look softer and more dewy. This product has also lasted for almost a year on me and hasn't hit pan...doesn't break me out...honestly zero cons!!!

on 8/16/2017 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Pros: Beautiful subtle highlighter. The powder is finely milled and easy to use. You can build it up if you prefer a stronger highlight.
Cons: The package is sturdy but kind of bulky. And the price... way too expensive, I wouldn't pay 35 - 40 euros for any highlighter (I got this in a sale luckily) so I wouldn't for this one. There are coming more and more drugstore versions of this available, which are just as good and a lot, LOT cheaper (looking at you Essence pure nude and Wet n Wild reserve your cabana!).

on 7/5/2017 1:33:00 AM

I love this highlighter. I use this everyday for work. It is so finely milled and it sits on the skin in such a lovely way that it is work appropriate. It can be built up to the almost blinding highlight that could be seen from space, but you can also tone it down where it can look "natural". Absolutely perfect.