Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter
Matte Radiance Baked Powder HighlighterEnter TitleEnter TitleMatte Radiance Baked Powder HighlighterMatte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter

4.5

Mica (Ci 77019), Talc, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isohexadecane, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Oleate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica. May Contain ( /-): Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

amazing highlighter, don't get me wrong i love intense highlighters for example i've been using ofra cosmetics beverly hills, glow goals and rodeo drive highlighter which are pretty strong highlighters. but this highlighter is totally different from them, perfect sheen, not chunky or glittery. I'm in the shade nw13 in mac foundations, this highlighter is perfect everyday highlighter for me, glowy but nearly skin-like glow. And i think this makes this product unique. I found the packaging a little bulky and price is overwhelming. in terms of powder highlighters this product is winner for someone who dislikes strong highlighters. highly recommend.

on 3/4/2018 12:47:00 AM

This highlighter is worth every single penny and every time I reach for it I wonder why I ever use anything else. I have a drawer full of highlighters that get use on a regular basis, but this one blows me away every single time and never fails- day or night! Candle lit glow perfection.

on 12/23/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As almost a every reviewer has mentioned this is a sophisticated subtle highlighter. It's very finely milled and applies effortlessly without emphasizing pores or texture issues. The finish is neither metallic nor shimmery but pearly. Seems like they used the same kind of particles as in Guerlain's Meteorites but more concentrated. I almost returned this because the peachy pink nude color in the pan left some icy sheen which I wasn't very fond of. If you're cool toned definitely give it a try.

When I changed the brush to Real Technics finishing brush it blended much better and looked very natural, not many would spot the highlighter itself but the glow it lends to the face is undeniable. Also the wear time is pretty much astonishing.
The only negative points are the price tag, the bulky packaging and the softness of it; as long as the brush taches it product flies everywhere getting messy.

So this is my everyday go-to highlighter for work or any occasion for which I want to look effortlessly beautiful and put together. For more glamorous makeup I'm a big fan Mary-Loo which is far more intensely metallic and gold toned. I never really found it too shimmery and with a slight sweep from a fan brush it blends nicely with my light warm skin tone. It's not as long lasting though.

I still plan on getting Strobe cream in Goldlite to layer when I feel like it but I'm pretty much set with those iconic highlighters. Really beautiful.

On Sephora, this Highlight 01 is described as a “golden nude” but on my neutral olive(?) skin tone (approximately M.A.C. NC20/C2), I would say this is more of a beige leaning pink. It is still very natural if I keep it sheer, but if I really build it up then the pink starts getting noticeable. For your reference I rarely ever wear foundation, so I normally use this on top of clean, moisturized skin.

If you are after that “glowing from within, healthy, radiant skin” look then this is great for that. This product is very finely milled, quite powdery and because of that, the inside of the compact tends to get dirty looking really quickly. It has minimal, fine shimmer that can only be seen up close. The lasting power is pretty good (around 6 hours on my combination leaning oily skin). At the end of the day, I tend to find stray sparkles on areas of my face where I did not put any highlight so there is definitely some migration happening.

Some downsides to this product: it can emphasize texture (acne or dryness) when really built up because it becomes more 'metallic' looking, and the packaging is quite bulky. It takes up substantial space in my travel makeup bag.

Overall, this highlighter is a great product to have in your makeup collection but it is not something spectacular that you NEED to have (in my opinion).

edit: I have now destashed this from my collection as I found myself rarely reaching for it. Some products I've been loving instead is the Becca SSPP in Moonstone or the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Highlighting Powder in Candlelight.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I hate crazy sparkly dramatic highlighters so I was looking for something more subtle. This highlighter is the best I've used so far on my skin. Over the last year my skin has changed from oily to dry and when wearing it with either skin types, this highlighter just makes my skin look softer and more dewy. This product has also lasted for almost a year on me and hasn't hit pan...doesn't break me out...honestly zero cons!!!

on 8/16/2017 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Pros: Beautiful subtle highlighter. The powder is finely milled and easy to use. You can build it up if you prefer a stronger highlight.
Cons: The package is sturdy but kind of bulky. And the price... way too expensive, I wouldn't pay 35 - 40 euros for any highlighter (I got this in a sale luckily) so I wouldn't for this one. There are coming more and more drugstore versions of this available, which are just as good and a lot, LOT cheaper (looking at you Essence pure nude and Wet n Wild reserve your cabana!).

on 7/5/2017 1:33:00 AM

I love this highlighter. I use this everyday for work. It is so finely milled and it sits on the skin in such a lovely way that it is work appropriate. It can be built up to the almost blinding highlight that could be seen from space, but you can also tone it down where it can look "natural". Absolutely perfect.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the perfect natural sheen highlight. It gives you the most beautiful glow without being over the top. Although this is a bit too light for my NC40 skin, so I don't recommend this colour for tan-deep skin tones

on 5/5/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My first highlighter purchased several years back... still holds up. It a great highlighter- it's not over the top but just enough pigment to give that glow. Lovely texture, finely milled, no powdery build up. Can be used with a tapered highlighter brush or fan brush. The packaging holds a generous round pan of product which will never end. Square compact with mirror inside. A little bulky to be portable. Overall a good quality product.

My all time favorite highlighter! Not much more to add to all the other positive reviews.
If I want a really intense highlight I will use the Becca highlighter, but I find myself reaching for this one the most!
Wonderful wonderful hightlighter!!!