3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 8.35% W/W OCTINOXATE 7.5% W/W INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER/EAU CYCLOPENTASILOXANE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN CYCLOHEXASILOXANE BUTYLENE GLYCOL POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE HEXYL LAURATE ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE XYLITYLGLUCOSIDE BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER ANHYDROXYLITOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE SODIUM CHLORIDE PROPYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINA XYLITOL SUCROSE DILAURATE JOJOBA ESTERS DIAZOLIDINYL UREA SODIUM BENZOATE HYDROLYZED PRUNUS DOMESTICA TALC PROPYLENE CARBONATE ISODODECANE POLYSORBATE 20 ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER POTASSIUM SORBATE CICHORIUM INTYBUS (CHICORY) ROOT EXTRACT PISUM SATIVUM (PEA) EXTRACT TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1 CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE COLLOIDAL GOLD IRON OXIDES MICA

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the fact that there is sunscreen in this formula. It's a lightweight base with pretty good coverage for a cc cream and has a nice dewy finish before powder. My one huge problem is that it doesn't play nice with other products, especially powder. I applied it this morning and then set it with powder and put some setting spray over that. It's not even halfway through the day and it's breaking up on my chin and nose and looks generally pretty gross up close on those spots. The shine also comes through after a couple hours so oily skins will not enjoy this.

Not sure what to do with it, since it's in my summer colour but it could be the perfect "no-makeup" glowy foundation without setting it. Will test further, but if you're looking for an everyday wearable foundation to use with powder products this is a no-go.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

At first, I was mad that I received this product in a makeup sample package because it made my skin look like it was hit with a ball of powder but after playing around with it (adding blush, and bronzer), I actually started to like it. It works very well as a primer/foundation. It does cover up blemishes but not very well. It is light on the skin and does give the skin a slight glow. I like to wear it under my makeup because it does make my makeup lasts longer. I have went out and purchased a BB cream and still prefer this over that cream. If I found it on sale at a reasonable price, I would purchase again

on 7/28/2016 8:57:00 PM

I really wanted to love this. I did even repurchase it once. I used the Light/Medium, for my NC20-25 skin. Not a lot of coverage, but enough to cover redness, which is all I ask for. It has SPF35, but the sunscreen formula is less than stellar, so I only trust it for overcast fall/winter days. I like the finish in the winter, but it never seems to dry in the summer, very tacky feeling. For the price, there are better options.

on 4/23/2016 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have always been a supporter of Marcelle products. Love that they're a Canadian, cruelty-free company, love that most of their products are reasonably priced and really deliver quality for your buck, but this product? Just nope. Marcelle says CC stands for Complete Correction - I say they need to rename it Crap Cream, because that's what it is for me. Thank god I bought this on sale at Shoppers for $24.99 instead of the regular price of closer to $40 in store (not that I'm happy about wasting 25 bucks).

PROS: I bought it in Fair, which does match my pasty skin tone pretty well. The spf 35 is a nice addition, though I never rely on my foundation/moisturizer to actually supply adequate sun protection since I don't cake it on. Packaging is decent. I do feel like this gives my skin a bit of a glow. Doesn't have a scent and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

CONS: Coverage is disappointingly sheer. I've used Marcelle's BB cream in the past and felt that it provided far better coverage. It balls up a bit over my moisturizer which is just gross. Someone else mentioned that it accentuates their dry spots and I totally noticed that this morning. I find the coverage is kindof streaky/patchy. It blends out okay with a foam sponge but I feel like that shouldn't be a necessity with what's basically a tinted moisturizer (that does not moisturize, lol).

For me, it's an overpriced primer at best, and that's what I'll use it for just to use up the bottle unless one of my similarly pale faced friends wants to give it a whirl. I like the end result when I apply a light dusting of my Pur Minerals 4-in-1 pressed mineral foundation over top, but that's more from the Pur Minerals than anything having to do with this product. Absolutely will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I bought this last week in Light Medium, I am a NW15-20 and that is a touch too dark for me. It cost $39.98 CDN before taxes reg price at Shoppers/Pharmaprix. With GST and BC PST it came to $44.78.

Positives: It's not matte, but not dewy either. It's my skin only better stuff. Call it a tinted moisturizer with extra benefits and a touch of extra coverage.

Comes in a pump bottle with an opaque plexiglass container to keep light out which is good because this has some active ingredients including Vit C which are light and air sensitive. One pump does my face.

It has medium coverage which takes out the redness for which I bought it.

Supposed to help stop discolouration and fade marks that are already there but a good sunscreen with Niacinimide like Olay will do that too. It has a few more bells and whistles than Olay so I think it might work well in tandem with it, but I can't speak to the brighten and lighten claim yet.

It feels like nothing on my skin at all, also good. Leaves me moisturized not parched. Slight tendency to be an oil slick on my nose after 6 hours of wear so I am now carrying a powder compact with me to just touch up the coverage and matte the nose down again but cheeks, forehead and chin are fine 12 hours later.

SPF 35 coming from titanium and Octinoxate, a chemical sunscreen which is an excellent strength and on me it doesn't itch, burn or irritate. Now there is a proven age spot and freckle reducer!

Fragrance Free, supposedly hypoallergenic and on me it is.

It allows a couple of minutes to smooth it on before it sets. Time to fix mistakes, blend it out a bit etc.

It doesn't ball up on top of my SPF30 Olay Complete day moisturizer. That combo gives me assured sunscreen. (I don't trust a foundation to do it all, as I apply it sheer to nothing on the outer thirds of my face where the wrinkles live).

Here are the negatives:
Colour range is poor, I only saw light med and med at my Shoppers/Pharmaprix. The light med is a touch too tan for me although I can tone it down with my paler powders as I set it, either EL's Lucidity in Light Medium or Lancome's Neutrale II in Dual Finish. If I can find a tester of Light, I will buy that next time. Otherwise I will just keep buying and tweaking the Light Medium with a paler powder to set.

I also had to dust on a little pale bronzer onto my neck and decollete region to make my face and neckline match.

I think anyone above a NW or NC 30-35 might have trouble getting this to work. NW or NC 15 and below should TRY to find the light shade if you can.

HOWEVER my daughter looked at me in daylight yesterday and didn't think it was too dark at all, thought it looked quite nice, like me but better.

I apply it with my fingers, which isn't ideal, can be streaky but the setting time allows me to fix streaks and dab a bit more on spots that need more.

Tends to pool in the pores a bit and accentuate wrinkles on the outside of my eyes, so I sheer it out to nothing on the sides of my face and I plan to start using a primer on top of the sunscreen before putting this on. Hoping that takes out the pooling pore problem, but honestly that doesn't show unless someone gets in really close with a magnifying mirror.

Either a primer or applying with a beauty blender should eliminate that problem. I plan to buy that Rimmel primer again, I remember it worked well on other foundations before.

EDITED TO ADD: I am upgrading this from 4 to 5, I've tried it with a primer and it makes no difference as to wear time or pore pooling, but what DOES make a difference is using my Quo disposable non latex sponge applicators and patting it on. That leaves an absolutely wonderful finish. I still touch up the nose with powder once in a 12 hour wear time, but that is it. I put 1 pump onto the sponge and dab the excess on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and blend out from there. Colour wise it's fine, I'm not even using a lighter powder to set it, I'm using my regular skin tone powder which is Lancome's Dual Finish in Matte Buff II.
BACK TO ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I really like it and plan to buy more.

If my beloved Elizabeth Arden cream foundation wasn't giving me pimples now, I'd still be using it.

Fact is if you are after a tinted moisturizer with a little more to it for aging skin, this is quite a good option. It isn't as expensive as Laura Mercier if you can get it (Sephora is only in major cities and LM isn't at many other outlets in Canada) and it's a little less expensive than a CC or BB from Estee Lauder, Dior or Lancome. About the same pricewise as Clinique but I think this has better performance than Clinique.

Edited to add:
Bought the Clinique CC to compare and yes this is a better product but the bulky hard square bottle is annoying to travel with and that is where Clinique's CC is better. Cliniques feels drier and heavier on the face though, so I prefer the Marcelle but for foundation purposes I've moved on to Lancome's Teint Visionnaire in Ivoire 110 C which is providing equal comfort and more coverage with a perfect satiny skin look that I'm loving. However it is almost twice the price of Marcelle or Clinique.

Final update: Tossing it, I'm liking my Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude cushion stick applied over my usual SPF 30 (olay complete for sensitive skin) much much better. The finish, the wear time the ease of application and lastly that bottle. My DWNude stick fits in my TSA liquid allowance for ease of flying and travel so much better than this hard bulky rectangle. Lighter too.

I really wanted to like this product but it was just ok. I found it only adds light coverage and it doesn't live up to any of the skin benefits. I found it made my dry skin feel drier and I prefer the Marcelle BB creams which are a lot more moisturizing than this. I think this product would be better worn under foundation rather than alone. The packaging was good since it comes in a bottle with a pump. I would not repurchase since it was not cheap and didn't live up to its claims.

on 2/25/2015 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I normally use nars tinted moisturizer which is my HG but it doesnt have spf in it and well I wanted to try something new after hearing everyone raving about bb and cc creams the color light-med was lovely (i wear groenland in nars tm) the texture was a bit heavy and hard to spread with my foubdation brush (coukd be due to the sunscreen) it evened out skin nicely and felt moisturizing but a bit heavy on my skin. If you have any acne or scars you will still need concealer. I wont repurchase this but will use it on days I will be out in the sunshine for extended period of time. Spf 35.

on 4/10/2014 12:15:00 AM

I read some good reviews and was very drawn by the description of a cc cream that does it all... how gimicky it is though... I am lucky to have pretty decent skin and don't like to wear full coverage products. But even I found that this product really doesn't do anything for me in terms of evening skin tone or smoothing out pores. I have tried Missha, IPKN and other American tinted moisturizers. I didn't like Missha because ashy tones and how thick it is but I did like IPKN.

Oddly when I tested on the back of my hand, it feels thicker and looks like there's coverage. But when applied to my face, it feels thick like a full coverage foundation on the face but without delivering coverage at all - it sheers to barely nothing. This product is kind of an extra step for no reason. Even a primer feels lighter on and can smooth out pores better than this.

As far as packaging is concerned, I LOVE the airtight opaque bottle for sanitary reasons. The pump is good, you can control the amount you use but the cap on top didn't fit properly and broke off. NOTE: There's a specific expiry date on the bottle instead of the typical "24 months after it's opened". For me it was 6 months from when I purchased. So make sure you check to see if you'll actually finish using the product in time. I'm like trying to use it up before it expires in the next 2 months, at least it has spf 35...

The colour choice is limited like most bb/cc creams but I got this in light-medium and it matches well to my NC 25-30 skin tone. I also like that it's more warmer/yellow instead of the ashy white ones you find in Korean bb creams.

I can't vouch for the efficacy of the skincare benefits it claims... I think it's just good marketing tactics to set itself from competitors. If you compare it to other bb/cc creams in Canadian drugstores this seems to have the biggest boost in claims. I haven't tried it enough to really see any difference and I wouldn't expect anything. It's priced on the higher end for drugstore, $30. But When I purchased it, I found a printable coupon for $5 off online so not too bad at all.

TLDR: For someone like me that has decent skin, I found it has barely any coverage and feels heavy on. It really doesn't do much but add an extra step in the makeup routine. The bottle is airtight and has a good pump that can control amount used. The colour tone is more yellow and not ashy grey which is great. There's a specific expiry date on the bottle so make sure you can actually finish using before the deadline.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oh wow, sometimes it's good to give into temptation! I wanted this product since I first saw it in the stores because of its ultra gorgeous white rectangular bottle and handy pump. So on a whim I purchased it yesterday because I needed a lift.

Today I wore it instead of my usual SPF moisturizer under foundation routine.

Well, I saved myself a step and gained a gorgeous complexion in the process! I can't attest to any of the claims on the packaging but I have always liked Marcelle for their cruelty-free status and their very soft but effective eye makeup remover pads.

This CC cream goes on like a foundation, but smooths out in an instant and provides me with great but not suffocating coverage. This evens out my skin tone and makes me radiant. I add some powder, and I'm ready to face the day with SPF 35, what more could a person ask for?

I'm very happy with this purchase and I daresay this will become my go-to foundation for years.

on 8/8/2014 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to "no-makeup-look" product for the summer. When used with a damp sponge (mine is a beauty blender knock-off from Quo) the product goes on sheer, provides staying sun protection (spf 35 holla), and evens my complexion. I can also attest to the colour correction--but here's the thing, don't judge it's performance until the CC cream has dried on to you face. When I first apply it my face is damp and I don't notice any huge difference, but if I wait ten minutes and check back in the mirror, my complexion looks 100% better than if I had left my skin bare.

I have super pale skin with redness, under-eye bags, and dark purple acne scars. This just seems to calm all that down, and really works well to take away the angry redness of my nose and chin. Please don't just rub this into sensitive skin though with a brush or fingers--it is quite thick, and you really need a wet sponge for this product to do its job. Furthermore, a sheer layer is all you need for the CC benefits, and less product=less risk of breakouts. I would recommend just using the CC cream on bare skin if you can, because it is hydrating already and a primer or moisturizer will just make it slide around.

Now, this CC cream claims to be "full-coverage"*, which it isn't, but it does--I swear!--even the texture and tone of my pale, sad skin. When used with a sponge too (I'm going to be adamant about this!), it doesn't cling to my dry patches. When paired with the Marcelle loose setting powder, which I only use on my T-zone on hot days, this stuff lasts on my combination skin for a good 8 hours at work.

I will always keep this stuff around for when I can't be bothered with putting on a full face of foundation. :)

I wouldn't recommend this to super-oily skinned people, but if you have dry to combination-dry skin, then it's an AWESOME CC cream for you.

*Now, maybe if you did want full-coverage, I would recommend wearing a foundation over this, or maybe use some concealer with it. Marcelle CC cream only gets 4 lippies just because of its full-coverage claim, which isn't true. I wouldn't want someone to buy this and cry because it didn't cover what it said it would.