Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence

Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence
Snail Bee High Content EssenceBenton - Snail Bee High Content Essence

3.3

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Arbutin, Human Ogliopeptide-1, Bee Venom, Plantago Asiatica Extract, Laminana Digita Extract, Dios Pyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Campestris (Elm) Extract, Bacilus Ferment, Azelaic Acid, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Beta-Glucan, Betaine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross Polymer, Adenosine, Panthenol, Allantoin, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Arginine

on 9/25/2017 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

When the first ingredient is an active, you know you're probably in for a winner. So many awesome nourishers in this top 6 ingredients of this essence! I treat it more like a serum than an essence in my routine. The light gel texture absorbs quickly without staying tacky- a must for me. Best of all it's unfragranced as I seem to have a sensitivity to perfumes. I've noticed a difference in brightness, texture & hydration that has me repurchasing again and again. My only complaint is that I wish the packaging had a bit more dazzle. Still, its nicely portable for my carryon and dispenses without trouble.

I tried this based on the raves I heard about it in a skincare group I belong to on FB. I have no idea why it's so hyped. After six weeks of use, I noticed no difference in my skin whatsoever, and on some nights it actually made my skin feel irritated, causing a slight burning or tingling sensation. I also didn't like the consistency; it was just a gel that I didn't find it at all hydrating, and it didn't do anything else for my skin that I can see. Definitely a fail fail fail for me. I'm giving it two lippies instead of one only because I didn't actually break out in a rash from using it.

This was all the rave when I started using Asian products.

I tried to like it but over all it did nothing for my dehydrated skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I wanted to love this...I wanted to incorporate more snail essence into my routine for all its wonderful benefits and Benton has great products but this was not my friend. I kept my entire routine the same and this was the only new step that I used in leiu of my Missha Time Revolution Essence and I realized that within a few days my entire skin texture had changed. Nothing outright serious like cystic acne, but a lot of skin congestion and raised bumps...like teeny-tiny whiteheads (skin nerds, help me out with the technical name!)
As soon as I stopped using it, my skin returned to its previous condition so I knew this was the culprit. I've never willing given away products...usually they go to the graveyard of products that had potential but this one I gave to my sister. She has clear skin so maybe it won't aggravate anything and can be used for its intended purpose.

on 8/7/2017 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Its okay.

I was expecting miracle results and while I did notice that my skin would look better in the morning but not by much. This is not a product I would repurchase simply because I didnt see a huge improvement in my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews, because this product transformed my skin completely.
I came across many articles about miracle snail natural mucin and searched for product with natural mucin in high concentration.
Benton's was the best I could find.
Used twice a day, at night alone, and under day cream made wonders to my skin.
Acne - disappeared, fine lines - diminished, eye area - brighter and fresher.
Skin tone evened out, pores looks smaller.
Reddnes calmed down.
All above happened in about two weeks.
Maybe those bad reactions that previous commented on were allergic reactions to bee venom? Or hydroquinone?

Background: NC20(ish), combination-oily skin that's becoming more sensitive & acne-prone as I age.

Last year, due to stress, hormonal changes, or the antibiotics I took for an URTI (or all of the above), my skin decided to freak out and sprouted breakouts left, right & center. My T-zone is clear but my cheeks and U-zone became quite problematic.

I've gone on a massive spending binge, trying to find products that will help my skin recover, mainly focusing on Asian Beauty products.

Strangely, this has mixed reviews here, but this is really popular in the AB community. Since I've been going through a lot of products and this was almost always sold out in the online stores I frequent, I waited until my breakouts were 80% healed before I decided to try it.

Verdict: I'm glad I incorporated this in my routine! This essence + the Cosrx Galactomyces essence + The OST Vitamin C serum has done wonders for fading my PIH and improving the texture of my skin. I rarely break out on my cheeks now (*knocks on wood*), but even if I do get that pre-period zits, this helps speed up the healing process and they don't leave marks anymore.

It's not cheap, but a little goes a long a way so one bottle will last around 3-6 months. I keep this in the fridge to extend its shelf life, aside from the fact that I enjoy a jolt of coolness when I apply it on my face.

Oh, and please patch test first before using it on your face, you never know if you have allergies to snail- or bee-related byproducts.

on 5/10/2017 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this after trying and loving the Benton Snail Bee steam cream. The essence I was using at the time, Cosrx snail, wasn't doing anything for me. However after a few days of using this the slight stinging sensation upon application didn't wear off. I also noticed I was breaking out in areas that weren't normal for me. After two weeks I stopped using this because my neck where I had applied it had started to show signs of irritation. Once I stopped using this all of these symptoms went away. The product also isn't very hydrating and I found myself needing to use a fair bit each time so it would not be good value in the long run.

on 5/13/2017 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is my very first review on makeupalley but I couldn't keep what happened to my skin only to myself. I ordered it on amazon almost a week ago and I had a terrible reaction, I'm not sure if it was allergic reaction, but it was scary. It didn't happen immediately after the first use, probably after the third or fourth. I wouldn't call my skin sensitive, probably normal, oily without acne or any other kind of issues. Ladies, take care of your skin, research before buying and don't believe the hype. I'm on cortisone cream since yesterday and I'm just praying my skin heals quicky. Never again.

on 1/30/2017 10:34:00 PM

I find this product to be very sticky and have a bad odor. I felt it made a bit of a difference for my skin, I just can't get over the smell of the product.