Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil
Skin Therapy Face Oil

2.5

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 2/16/2016 9:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Bought this to see if incorporating facial oil into my skincare would make my skin better/more moisturised. A week into using it I started having small bumps here and there and I thought it was due to hormonal changes from my period. Now it's been 2 weeks and my period is over, the bumps are still around. In fact new ones are developing and old ones aren't completely gone (it's almost like cystic acne. I'm so angry thinking about it!)

To be fair I used the oil and Thayer's rose toner concurrently when I received them, both are new products I started using.

As of today I stopped using the oil and am continuing the toner. I will see how it goes after a week or two. For now, this oil did nothing to make my combination skin lovelier unfortunately. For the records, my skin is pretty smooth with occasional pimples. Not sensitive nor oily.

Please stay away from this unless you have dry skin!

P.S. Watsons sells this at $25 in Singapore so it's NOT affordable either.

Update: It's been 3 days since I stopped the oil (am still continuing Thayer's rose toner) and thankfully my pimples are clearing up with no new ones popping out. I am almost sure the oil was the cause of the horrible breakout I had!

Update 9 Oct'16: I started using Thayer's Rose Toner again and have been using for a week, no pimples... So I am almost 99% sure it was this oil that caused the breakout. BUT! I've been putting the oil to good use, applying on my feet every night! ;)

on 11/8/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Sensitive ladies beware! I'm not hugely sensitive to most things but my skin does get just slightly irritated quite easily. THIS little beauty though gave a rash like it was the last rash my skin could throw at me. it took days to go away, and was incredibly uncomfortable and insanely unattractive- for the superficial soul I am, that's what really got me. I would definitely remember to do a patch test because the oil IS beautiful- smells nice, super lightweight and nourishing.