Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

4.2

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 10/14/2016 12:45:00 AM

Long time user of retinols here, but very infrequent user of Vitamin C. I was quite excited to see the two combined in one product and even more excited to see it in oil form. I am yet to use this around the eye area because I am really scared to use oils around the eye, but I have used it extensively on the rest of my face (and hands) and I am really pleased with it. Palmer's are getting very clever with their products. They seem to know what the public want and their move into cosmeceuticals at affordable prices is really fabulous.

This product comes in a glass dropper bottle which is designed to protect the contents from the sun and light which would render the contents useless. It applies really easily because the oil has lots of slip. I use about 6 drops on clean skin. Prior to using this, I was using Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle serum which I absolutely adore, but I did find it quite drying. The Palmers Skin Therapy Oil leaves my skin feeling moist and the next day it still feels really comfortable. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and I am so happy with the look and feel of my skin. I am also using this on my hands every night. It is really importantt to use a high SPF sunscreen during the day if you are using this product.

I am really impressed with the price and quality of this product and will definitely repurchase.

on 10/3/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm undecided about this product. Previously was using the normal therapy oil (not for face) and that worked well for old acne scarring and moisturising. Before I purchased, I read the reviews here: most were very positive but a few mentioned breaking out after using it. After using it for a week, I noticed I was getting cystic like acne on my forehead, and some deep blackheads around my nose. I am acne prone, so the reviews that mentioned breakouts really pinged my radar, and I can confirm that it does cause breakouts if you're prone. I stopped using the oil, but it seemed to have set off a bout of hard to get rid of, deep, acne on my forehead which a month later is still ongoing. It's a pity because just a few months before that I was almost clear of pimples and wanted to use the oil for the hyper-pigmentation it left behind.

on 9/26/2016 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have been using this for about 2 weeks and love it! i put it in fairly thick before bed so it has lots of time to soak in and work its magic. I'm pretty sure that it has improved my skin texture and the colour.. i think it may of firmed my skin up a bit or is that wishful thinking 😁 either way im very happy with it and its a great price. will definitely buy again

on 8/23/2016 10:14:00 AM

Best facial oil I've used and so reasonably priced! I was using bio oil but stopped using it when I found it contains paraffin wax 😯. I found with Palmers, a little goes a long way! It comes with a dropper lid and as stated by other users, half a dropper is enough to cover face, neck and chest. I'm from the UK, over there this product is £10.50 so $9.95 in Canada seems like a bargain to me. I use the Palmers body oil mixed with Vaseline intensive care cream (makes the product last longer) on my body after showering too. Both palmers products work wonders for my skin. Love, love, love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really nice facial oil option from the drugstore. I think I paid around $10 for 1 fl. oz., which lasted me several months using once or twice a day most days. It contains retinol and Vitamin C, so you need to wear sunscreen when you're using this--especially if you apply it for day. It's moisturizing and sheeny, but not in the least bit greasy.

I was concerned that this would have the classic Palmer's cocoa butter scent, which I like but have to be in the right mood for. I needn't have worried as, true to the label, this has a light rosy scent.

The packaging is great--a brown glass bottle with a dropper that protects the product from light and, to some extent, air. My one complaint would be that the dropper doesn't reach far enough down. Eventually, you'll have to pour the product out.

I plan to experiment with other facial oils (I have another retinol product to try and want to use a retinol-free facial oil with it), but I very well may repurchase this beautiful, bargainous oil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This oil feels so good on my dry, 45 year old skin. I tend to use AHAs and Retinols throughout the week, so a couple of times a week, I use this to quench my dry skin with a good drink. It feels so awesome as it sinks into my skin. The scent is extremely subtle, fortunately. It absorbs nicely. I put it on at night and in the morning, my face looks and feels so fresh. Great price. One caveat - the dropper holds a very generous dosage of the oil. Fill the dropper only halfway or less so you don't waste.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. I have been using it for about three weeks at least once a day, usually twice a day if I do not plan on being in full sun. This stuff is amazing. My pores are smaller, my skin is sooo much smoother, less oily throughout the day, I have zero breakouts since using it, and my hyperpigmentation has improved so much! Basically cannot be seen...and only in a matter of weeks. I love this stuff. I do have to wear an SPF anytime that I am in the sun to ensure that the retinol doesnt have any negative affects on existing discoloration...but this oil is awesome. I love my plain rose hip oil because its simple and it works wonders as well...but this stuff is like my rose hip oil on crack, i really enjoy the boost that it gives my skin. I will continue to repurchase this over and over. I will be buying a few bottles in my next amazon order just to make sure i have backups. It absorbs into the skin very quickly (less than 5 min) and works well if makeup is applied, I love it...one of the best products that I have purchased for my skin to date. To use, I apply to either skin that is dampened by a toner or aloe vera gel, and then add the oil on top, let it sit for a few minutes and then follow with my normal SPF moisturizer. For evening I do the exact same, but I use a non-SPF moisturizer. If you are someone that enjoys moisturizing with an oil but tend to break out from oils applied to the face, this may be your solution!

on 6/27/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product but I should've known that if I had to put it down after only using it for a week, then it wasn't for me. Despite that it makes my skin feel soft and smooth, and that I genuinely believe all the ingredients are great for the skin, it will give me big pimples after a few days. Even though it's only one or two, it's not worth it to risk my finally bump free skin that I worked so hard for (and now haha back to square one) just for the sake of some nutrients that I can find elsewhere. Sadly, my good experiences with this were short lived.

on 5/1/2016 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing on my sensitive skin. However, I have to take 'breaks' after about two weeks of regular nightly use (but I'm sure any retinol-containing product would be that way for me). The best part about it is that it makes my skin incredibly soft and that, for being an oil, it doesn't make me breakout. And I love the subtle rose sent; it's just lovely.

on 4/11/2016 3:55:00 AM

I love this oil! I've only been using it for a week on a spot that's not so obvious on my nose to test the results and I must say I'm very impressed! I have oily, sensitive acne-prone skin so I try not to put on active pimples because the formula is lightweight but still tad too oily for my liking. It doesn't clog my skin and I normally put in on my scars before I sleep, in replacement of my night moisturiser and it does work!