Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

4.2

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. I have been using it for about three weeks at least once a day, usually twice a day if I do not plan on being in full sun. This stuff is amazing. My pores are smaller, my skin is sooo much smoother, less oily throughout the day, I have zero breakouts since using it, and my hyperpigmentation has improved so much! Basically cannot be seen...and only in a matter of weeks. I love this stuff. I do have to wear an SPF anytime that I am in the sun to ensure that the retinol doesnt have any negative affects on existing discoloration...but this oil is awesome. I love my plain rose hip oil because its simple and it works wonders as well...but this stuff is like my rose hip oil on crack, i really enjoy the boost that it gives my skin. I will continue to repurchase this over and over. I will be buying a few bottles in my next amazon order just to make sure i have backups. It absorbs into the skin very quickly (less than 5 min) and works well if makeup is applied, I love it...one of the best products that I have purchased for my skin to date. To use, I apply to either skin that is dampened by a toner or aloe vera gel, and then add the oil on top, let it sit for a few minutes and then follow with my normal SPF moisturizer. For evening I do the exact same, but I use a non-SPF moisturizer. If you are someone that enjoys moisturizing with an oil but tend to break out from oils applied to the face, this may be your solution!

on 6/27/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product but I should've known that if I had to put it down after only using it for a week, then it wasn't for me. Despite that it makes my skin feel soft and smooth, and that I genuinely believe all the ingredients are great for the skin, it will give me big pimples after a few days. Even though it's only one or two, it's not worth it to risk my finally bump free skin that I worked so hard for (and now haha back to square one) just for the sake of some nutrients that I can find elsewhere. Sadly, my good experiences with this were short lived.

To Read all 53 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/1/2016 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing on my sensitive skin. However, I have to take 'breaks' after about two weeks of regular nightly use (but I'm sure any retinol-containing product would be that way for me). The best part about it is that it makes my skin incredibly soft and that, for being an oil, it doesn't make me breakout. And I love the subtle rose sent; it's just lovely.

on 4/11/2016 3:55:00 AM

I love this oil! I've only been using it for a week on a spot that's not so obvious on my nose to test the results and I must say I'm very impressed! I have oily, sensitive acne-prone skin so I try not to put on active pimples because the formula is lightweight but still tad too oily for my liking. It doesn't clog my skin and I normally put in on my scars before I sleep, in replacement of my night moisturiser and it does work!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This leaves my skin moisturizer, smooth and radiant. Perfect packaging for less than 100% stable ingredients (dark bottle with dropper). I have drying skin so I use about .75 of a dropper and really spread it around generously. No break outs, just glory skin. I've been getting lots of compliments lately for an old lady.

on 2/26/2016 10:07:00 PM

I bought this as I have started experimenting with facial oils. This done nothing for my skin except completely dry it out to the point where my face was covered in a rash (must be the retinol) and I also broke out in lots of small bumps. I stuck it out for 3 weeks to see if my skin would adapt and it didn't. Would not recommend if you have sensitive skin.

on 2/16/2016 9:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Bought this to see if incorporating facial oil into my skincare would make my skin better/more moistured. A week into using it I started having small bumps here and there and I thought it was due to hormonal changes from my period. Now it's been 2 weeks and my period is over, the bumps are still around. In fact new ones are developing and old ones aren't completely gone (it's almost like cystic acne. I'm so angry thinking about it!)

To be fair I used the oil and Thayer's rose toner concurrently when I received them, both are new products I started using.

As of today I stopped using the oil and am continuing the toner. I will see how it goes after a week or two. For now, this oil did nothing to make my combination skin lovelier unfortunately. For the records, my skin is pretty smooth with occasional pimples. Not sensitive nor oily.

Please stay away from this unless you are dry skin!

P.S. Watons sells this at $25 in Singapore so it's NOT affordable either.

Update: It's been 3 days since I stopped the oil (am still continuing Thayer's rose toner) and thankfully my pimples are clearing up with no new ones popping out. I am almost sure the oil was the cause of the horrible breakout I had!

on 1/31/2016 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! I use it daily in multiple ways. I put a couple of drops on my face after my moisturizer as a primer, then I mix it with my liquid foundation to sheer it out to a natural dewy look, then I put a couple of drops on my beauty blender to blend out my concealer. (Sounds like overkill, but I love the way it makes my skin and makeup look!) At night I put a couple of drops on before my moisturizer and let it sink in. I don't know that I've noticed many skin benefits other than my face being better moisturized, but it hasn't made me break out and I will certainly repurchase it for its use in my makeup routine rather than my skincare routine.

on 1/1/2016 2:53:00 AM

at first I was worried that this product would be heavy and oily but that was not the case. this product blends perfectly , in fact, I even put a drop or two into my liquid foundation when I'm applying my make up and it works wonders for lines and wrinkles. I'm 46 years old and I can tell a significant difference in the fine lines appearence since I have been using this product . I have tried more expensive products but they have disappointed me without satisfactory results. I was astonished at how affordable palmers products are. Not only affordable but they produce RESULTS! My skin has never felt softer or looked better since I've used this product. Not only does it reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, it actually evens skin tone and gives skin a more youthful appearence. I stumbled upon this product while looking for the palmers cocoa butter cream for my pregnant daughter. I used that cream on my stomach with both my pregnancies and it prevented my stomach from getting ANY stretch marks at all. it worked so well I wanted to make sure my daughter started using it for her first pregnancy. while I found the cream for my daughter is saw this palmers face product. the price was right and I knew palmers has worked well for me in the past, I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did!! it is a absolutely wonderful product for aging skin. the product lasts a long time because a small amount goes a good long way. There is only one caution. Do not get the product into your eyeball as it can cause irritation. Likely due to the retinol in the product. even though the product has retinol I've not experienced any burning of my sensitive facial skin like I have with other retinol facial products. I must say this is a wonderful product. I really love it!! if you can't find it at your local store you can easily order it online for the same low price from several vendors and shops. I really believe in this product, this is why I took the time to write this review. If your like me with aging skin, give this product a try. I think you will be quite surprised at how well it works and you will soon see the results!!

on 11/24/2015 4:27:00 AM

I used this every night after cleaning my face. It didn't absorb into my skin. I felt that it just sat there...anyways, in the morning my skin was feeling nice. But then i had the worst breakout of my life...a lot of painful and big bumps on my cheeks. I stopped using it. It didn't go away. I thought it wasn't the oil because usually it goes away if i stop using the product. I started a treatment from the pharmacy, slowly the bumps were going away. Then i thought to try it in my foundation. It looked great! It didn't look greasy just healthy and natural...but after a week the bumps appeared again and i knew it was the oil. Too bad, i liked it in my foundation.
My skin is pretty normal, a little oily in the T zone and i have the usual breakouts due to hormones or different foods.