Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - Face

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 8/9/2017 10:09:00 AM

I tried samples packs of this . I woke up to 2 new hard deep acne which was very worrying. I never had this type/ new acne for years / only get them from a bad allergy. It was just two hard acne .. but it was enough for me to be scared and swear it off.

on 4/28/2017 8:11:00 AM

I think facial oils are very much a personal thing: stuff that I love (Weleda Sweet Almond Oil) seems to be out of whack for many folks, and vice versa. I had high hopes for this because of the stellar results other reviewers mentioned, and this review is not meant to discount other people`s positive opinion. It`s just that this oil didn`t work for me in the same way. From reading the negative reviews, I am guessing that if you have sensitive skin that easily gets clogged, this oil will only irritate and break you out. The first night after applying it, I woke up with red blotches and the beginning of 3 cysts, although my skin did feel hydrated. The second night of use, the cysts seem to grow worse. So on the third night, I went back to my Weleda almond oil and the next morning the cysts and blotches were gone. That almond oil is pixie dust for my skin. I am now using the rosehip oil on my chest, and it seems to be doing okay for that, no major breakouts there. Needless to say I will not repurchase, but if you don`t have my skin type, give it a shot: it`s cheap and it has a good ingredient list.

on 10/3/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm undecided about this product. Previously was using the normal therapy oil (not for face) and that worked well for old acne scarring and moisturising. Before I purchased, I read the reviews here: most were very positive but a few mentioned breaking out after using it. After using it for a week, I noticed I was getting cystic like acne on my forehead, and some deep blackheads around my nose. I am acne prone, so the reviews that mentioned breakouts really pinged my radar, and I can confirm that it does cause breakouts if you're prone. I stopped using the oil, but it seemed to have set off a bout of hard to get rid of, deep, acne on my forehead which a month later is still ongoing. It's a pity because just a few months before that I was almost clear of pimples and wanted to use the oil for the hyper-pigmentation it left behind.

on 3/2/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I used it once (last night) and my face started tingling... I woke up this morning and had little red bumps on my normally fairly clear skin (mostly my forehead and cheeks). Granted, my period is starting next week so my hormones are out of whack, but this doesn't normally happen to me.
I tried it again tonight and got the same tingling sensation and I find the red bumps were more prominent. I wiped it off and put on a hydrating pore-minimalizing face mask by TonyMoly on instead. I feel like this Palmer's oil did more harm than good for my skin.

I have VERY DRY and SENSITIVE skin. I do not recommend for those who have sensitive skin. I think this could have worked for me if my skin weren't so sensitive because I felt like it did hydrate my skin but it caused blemishes. I choose the lesser of two evils (which is dry). For hydration alone, I give it 2 lippies. I think it may be the retinol that I'm having a reaction to. After reading reviews here and some other beauty sites, retinol seems to be a very polarizing product.

Buyer/user beware - do your research first.

on 10/14/2016 12:45:00 AM

Long time user of retinols here, but very infrequent user of Vitamin C. I was quite excited to see the two combined in one product and even more excited to see it in oil form. I am yet to use this around the eye area because I am really scared to use oils around the eye, but I have used it extensively on the rest of my face (and hands) and I am really pleased with it. Palmer's are getting very clever with their products. They seem to know what the public want and their move into cosmeceuticals at affordable prices is really fabulous.

This product comes in a glass dropper bottle which is designed to protect the contents from the sun and light which would render the contents useless. It applies really easily because the oil has lots of slip. I use about 6 drops on clean skin. Prior to using this, I was using Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle serum which I absolutely adore, but I did find it quite drying. The Palmers Skin Therapy Oil leaves my skin feeling moist and the next day it still feels really comfortable. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and I am so happy with the look and feel of my skin. I am also using this on my hands every night. It is really importantt to use a high SPF sunscreen during the day if you are using this product.

I am really impressed with the price and quality of this product and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this immediately after purchasing it. I woke up with soft skin but realised that there were tiny bumps and larger bumps started forming. It is day 2 now and I have two large bumps which are painless. My skin is extremely prone to clogged pores. I realised that my skin is more clogged now. I am still going to give this at least a two weeks more to work. Maybe my skin just freaked out because I rarely use Cocoa Butter on my skin. I'll give this another go and I'll be back for a follow-up review =D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really nice facial oil option from the drugstore. I think I paid around $10 for 1 fl. oz., which lasted me several months using once or twice a day most days. It contains retinol and Vitamin C, so you need to wear sunscreen when you're using this--especially if you apply it for day. It's moisturizing and sheeny, but not in the least bit greasy.

I was concerned that this would have the classic Palmer's cocoa butter scent, which I like but have to be in the right mood for. I needn't have worried as, true to the label, this has a light rosy scent.

The packaging is great--a brown glass bottle with a dropper that protects the product from light and, to some extent, air. My one complaint would be that the dropper doesn't reach far enough down. Eventually, you'll have to pour the product out.

I plan to experiment with other facial oils (I have another retinol product to try and want to use a retinol-free facial oil with it), but I very well may repurchase this beautiful, bargainous oil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This oil feels so good on my dry, 45 year old skin. I tend to use AHAs and Retinols throughout the week, so a couple of times a week, I use this to quench my dry skin with a good drink. It feels so awesome as it sinks into my skin. The scent is extremely subtle, fortunately. It absorbs nicely. I put it on at night and in the morning, my face looks and feels so fresh. Great price. One caveat - the dropper holds a very generous dosage of the oil. Fill the dropper only halfway or less so you don't waste.

on 8/23/2016 10:14:00 AM

Best facial oil I've used and so reasonably priced! I was using bio oil but stopped using it when I found it contains paraffin wax 😯. I found with Palmers, a little goes a long way! It comes with a dropper lid and as stated by other users, half a dropper is enough to cover face, neck and chest. I'm from the UK, over there this product is £10.50 so $9.95 in Canada seems like a bargain to me. I use the Palmers body oil mixed with Vaseline intensive care cream (makes the product last longer) on my body after showering too. Both palmers products work wonders for my skin. Love, love, love.

on 9/26/2016 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have been using this for about 2 weeks and love it! i put it in fairly thick before bed so it has lots of time to soak in and work its magic. I'm pretty sure that it has improved my skin texture and the colour.. i think it may of firmed my skin up a bit or is that wishful thinking 😁 either way im very happy with it and its a great price. will definitely buy again