Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil

Filtered by age: 19-24
Palmer's Skin Therapy Face Oil
Skin Therapy Face Oil

4.3

Sativa Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Peg 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Caprylyl retinol Methicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Palmitate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Methyl Abietate, Fragrance, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 4/11/2016 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this oil! I've only been using it for a week on a spot that's not so obvious on my nose to test the results and I must say I'm very impressed! I have oily, sensitive acne-prone skin so I try not to put on active pimples because the formula is lightweight but still tad too oily for my liking. It doesn't clog my skin and I normally put in on my scars before I sleep, in replacement of my night moisturiser and it does work!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Been using over a month. I haven't seen any changes in my skin, but it is helping soothe my oncoming pregnancy stretch marks. Will not repurchase.

I finally got my hands on this product! I applied some tonight and so far so good. Only thing was you might notice a few pimples but that's just the retinol working your skin. It takes 3 to 6 weeks for retinol to work with your skin, and your skin to get use to it. The bottle is a decent small size so I advice to give a try and see if you like but remember that nothing works over nigjt even though this product has made my face look a bit more radiant but other than that for wrinkles, pigmentation and hyperpigmentation and etc you should give it a month since your skin needs to get use to the stuff anyway, patience is a virtue. This stuff is great and ingredients im in love with. First day here so I'll keep you guys notified in a month or so. Remember be patient, overall this product soaks in and keeps the moisture locked which is another positive for me. Looking forward to reducing some fine lines and hyperpigmentation. Will keep you guys posted.

UPDATE: hey y'all, so a little over a month has gone by and so far it has done an excellent job with reducing an acne scar that i had for a while, and as for hyperpigmentation; it has worked ! It has reduced it so much that I don't really need to put much cover up anymore. I will continue to use this oil and hope to see more results as I am now.

on 12/8/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As-per-usual, I like to start with a story: Switching up and tailoring your skincare routine to the changing seasons is no marketing sham - your skin has different needs as what the season calls for.
In the summer I like to use gel-based moisturizers but that doesn't work when winter comes because my skin dries out, my hair dries out, the air dries out... and then there's all this static that comes from alla that mess. I BATHE in hair conditioner, body oil, and body lotion /post-shower/. Crazy. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. You'd think a heavy-duty cream would do the trick, right?

Well, I have dry, sensitive skin. My pores are getting pretty crater-y, too. :c
A quick search on Google (something along the lines of "best moisturizers for winter", you're bound to find a list of products) got me comparing a good pick of the litter for under $30 (from Harper's Bazaar)-- I don't really ho myself out for high-end. After all that research I ended up picking up this at a local Target - the last one on the shelf, on a whim, just because I laid eyes on it. It was only $10 for 1 oz. so I'm not understanding this triple $$$ pricetag MUA gave it, when Caudalie or whatever has it for $40 for the same amount, lolwut.

Pros: The price is right. You don't need a lot -- at least for my face, 4 drops (dime-size) is enough to lightly and evenly cover my face and half my neck. The rosehip smell they mention is undetectable...to me, at least, it just smells like a lightly scented Palmer's product. I like to massage my face a few minutes after applying because the slip the oil gives me - benefits: increased blood circulation and a brighter complexion. The oil definitely banishes my flaking skin (usually my nostrils, forehead, and cheeks) and I daresay, heals my skin?! I only apply this at nighttime because I feel the sun will "fry" my skin with the oil on and sleeping with it really plumps my skin up in the morning.

Cons: What is 4 drops??? More like 4 plops. The tinted glass bottle is fine because oils can spoil in light--everything is wrong with the dropper. The dispenser is made of glass and has no suction so it'll drip whether you squeeze the top or not. No biggie though, I've mastered how much I need per application to get some really nice results out of the product.

TLDR: The oil is awesome for my super-parched, bone-dry winter skin. I like to use it at night before sleeping. The dropper kinda sucks, though. It'll only set you back $10. Experiment with it. It's also paraben and phthalate-free, isn't that cool?

on 12/1/2014 8:58:00 PM

I am in love with this oil. It works perfectly for my face.
At first i was sceptical about using oil on my face and i thought i would break out. But if anything, my skin has improved. I always apply it on before I go to bed (after cleansing) and in the morning my skin is always glowing. I wouldn't use it during the day unless I'm spending the day at home. I love that it has Coconut Oil, Sesame Oil, Apricot Oil etc in one product. And the smell is amazing too. It almost feels like dry oil once i put it on because it absorbs pretty quickly.

on 11/8/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Sensitive ladies beware! I'm not hugely sensitive to most things but my skin does get just slightly irritated quite easily. THIS little beauty though gave a rash like it was the last rash my skin could throw at me. it took days to go away, and was incredibly uncomfortable and insanely unattractive- for the superficial soul I am, that's what really got me. I would definitely remember to do a patch test because the oil IS beautiful- smells nice, super lightweight and nourishing.

on 5/22/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I finished a 6 month course of Accutane (isotretinoin) in mid-April. My skin is fairly scarred from the extensive acne I had, but I haven't yet had any recurrence of blemishes. I've been using this face oil nightly for the past few weeks, and I really love it!

The packaging:

I think the packaging on this could use a little work. I do like the dropper and glass bottle, but the bottle tends to leak, either from the threads of the cap or from the rubber top to the dropper. When I purchased it, there was a small amount of oil on the bottle already, and I have lost a small amount of product when the packaging has been sealed but knocked over. I don't think this packaging would be very travel friendly.

Value:

I think this is a really great value, especially compared to some of the pricier facial oils on the market. I picked it up for around $12.99 at Walgreens. You don't need very much of the product to have plenty to apply to your face and neck, so I anticipate it lasting at least a few months.

Product:

One thing I really like about this product is the scent. It has a lovely "rosehip" scent, that smells very much like slightly sweet roses. I was previously using Neem oil on my face at night, but I eventually found the smell to be overpowering. The scent of this doesn't bother me at all, and I really enjoy it.

As I've been using the product for a few weeks, I haven't noticed any drastic improvement as of yet. It is definitely quite moisturizing. I apply it after cleansing and toning my skin before bed. My skin is fresh and hydrated in the morning when I wake up. One thing to note is that this product does contain some Retinol, so a SPF of at least 15 would be advisable while using it.

I haven't experienced any pimples or breakouts since using this product.

Overall:

I am really quite smitten! I hope they'll keep this product on the shelves for a long time. Hopefully it will become easier to find in Canada as well. Aside from a few small issues with packaging, I'm really pleased.

love love love this oil. I have combo skin & this oil have helped me with my dry patches. Got some peeling around the nose maybe because of the retinol but nothing major. my skin is so clear since using this oil with one pump of Aveeno Clear Complexion blended together as my night cream.

on 3/6/2014 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

My skin: Combination with dry spots (especially in winter) and oily T-zone.

How I use this: After cleansing my skin at night. Then let it sink in for ~2 min. After that I apply my Palmer's Night Renewal Cream. Voilą, done.

Results: I found that my pores got less visible, and my skin is as smooth as a baby-butt, no exaggerations. Eventhough my skin isn't overly dry, this face oil worked wonders. It didn't make me oilier or leave a nasty film on my face. I haven't used this long enough to make any comments about treating fine lines and dark spots. But it hydrates my skin and makes it so so soft. Also, it has no real smell to it, which is appreciate in skin care. No break outs either. What a gem!

on 11/7/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first received a sample of this product in a Cosmo magazine a month back and was immediately impressed. It came at such a great time too! I was suffering from the worse hormonal breakout in my LIFE (I just recovered from GERD, so my messed up internals might've had something to do with it). My entire jawline and cheeks had large painful cystic acne and I was even too afraid to leave my room without my family judging me :/

I have read all the rave about using oils for your face, but the idea of putting any extra oil to my already oily face was scary! However, I sucked up and just thought, "It couldn't get worse than this!" So I used it religiously morning (before sunscreen and foundation) and at night after I wash my face. And today, almost 3 weeks after purchasing the full size bottle on their website - my face is clear of ACTIVE cystic acne/breakouts. And I no longer have to use blotting paper! Which is a blessing, because I used to have to blot every few hours because my oil was so out of control.

However, I am suffering from the aftermath of my battle with the cystic acne with the acne scars ;___; But I hope with a couple of months of continuous use (in conjunction with my Hada Labo Shirojyun Lotion), my face will be more even toned and clearer! *crosses finger*

I would definitely recommend this to my friends, but I would really rather keep it my own little secret. lol! The price is about $12.99 before taxes, which is not bad at all considering that it comes in a nice brown glass bottle with a dropper, and you only really need 3-5 drops at most for the entire face. (More at night, less in the morning.)