Quo Blending Sponge

Quo Blending Sponge
Blending Sponge

4.5

on 12/17/2016 3:32:00 PM

I swear by the original Beauty Blender, and use it everyday for foundation,bronzer, cream blush etc...the only reason I bought this Quo sponge @CVS was because I had a lot of CVS bucks and had read good reviews on the Quo sponge, so it was basically free. I think regular retail price for it is about $4. This is the closest dupe to the original BB I have ever found, its soft, bouncy, blends well when wet, and although I will never give up my original BB, this is a great alternative if you are trying to save a few bucks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I won't lie I have never tried the beauty blender, because of this sponge I never had to. This sponge is firm and I love the shape. I soak it with water and wring it out and use it damp to apply my foundation and blend my highlight. This sponge also holds up amazing. I clean it with liquid soap after each use and I used it for a year before I replaced it for hygienic reasons. It probably could have lasted even longer. And the fact that it's so much cheaper than the beauty blender keeps me coming back.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have two of these. I bought one about a year ago while at a Pharmaphrix (Quebec's Shoppers Drug Mart). I really liked it, and last week when I forgot a Beauty Blender at my husbands parents place, my brother who works at Shoppers in my native Alberta picked this up for me. It performs very well. Durable, affordable, and easy to clean. It's slightly more dense than the Beauty Blender, but I really do love this.

on 5/28/2016 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My beauty blender was getting worn out and seemed to breaking down but I kept putting off buying a new one because the price is such a turn off. I will spent big bucks on high end products when I think they are worth it but something about spending almost $30 on one little sponge always bothered me.

I came across this Quo sponge at SDM and I actually hesitated to buy it. I figured you probably get what you pay for and since this sponge was only 6 bucks I thought it would probably be crappy. A voice in my head said "yeah, but what if it's great? Then you won't have to blow your hard earned money on another overpriced beauty blender". I couldn't argue with that so I went ahead and purchased. I am so glad I did because I will never purchase another beauty blender.

This sponge is bigger, denser and a little firmer then the beauty blender. Turns out those are all good differences. The extra density and firmness actually make the sponge less absorbent, meaning more product gets on my face and less winds up in the sponge, which translates into less of my expensive foundations going to waste. The big round bottom of the sponge allows me to apply the foundation all over my face really fast which means less time wasted putting on my make up yet the pointy end is still small enough to get around my eyes and nose. This is a fantastic sponge and so reasonably priced. Plan to pick up a couple more this weekend. So happy to no longer have to buy the ridiculously overpriced beauty blender.

on 4/20/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I will grudgingly give this a good review but it's not a perfect product. It is $6 instead of $30 for the real beautyblender, and it works, but it has a stiff consistency that makes it less effective. Nevertheless I used it for a long time and finally threw it out because it became impossible to clean the stains out. The shape of it is not ideal, as there is no narrow end to get the eye corners. I will probably get the beautyblender or another dupe next time.

on 2/22/2016 4:49:00 PM

I bought this at Shoppers for $6 after reading the reviews on here. I have not purchased nor tried the $30 Beauty Blender sponge so cannot compare. I have never used a sponge before but was wanting to have a more natural look with my foundation and blur out my fine lines and pores. After opening I noticed some weird dents in the sponge but it did not effect its usage. I applied my foundation to my face and then used the sponge after wetting to spread the makeup around. I liked the bottom to get a lot of coverage over the major areas of my face and liked the tip to get close to my eyes and nose. Coverage can be built up if foundation is applied directly to sponge and then blotted over area. Provides such a wonderful finish that powder was not needed. The only downside was after washing the very first time it got a tear in the sponge hence the 4 lippies.

I absolutely love this, it is by far the best dupe for the BB that I've found and blends foundation like a dream. I purchased mine at shoppers Drug Mart and it was 6$ so much cheaper than the BB which is like 30$ Canadian. I also like that it's purple, wish it came in other colours though, but come on you can't beat it with the price and how well it blends foundation flawlessly!

on 2/12/2016 12:05:00 PM

This works better than my BB sponge. My BB sponge was all worn out but I had this stored somewhere. I was a little hesitant to chuck out my BB sponge for this but I'm glad I did. IT WORKS WONDERS. My foundation wasn't cakey at all. For the first time. Since my foundation was always set by my BB sponge and it was always, ALWAYS, cakey. This is also larger which is a plus for me. The price was not bad at all, although it could be lower.

I never bought the Beauty Blender so I can't compare the Quo Blending Sponge to it, but I love this! It creates a very natural foundation application. It is the perfect firmness for a makeup sponge and it has both a rounded side and a pointed side to get to the spaces such as around the nose area.

PROS:
- Creates natural foundation application
- Perfect shape to get to every part of the face
- Perfect firmness needed to "pat" on foundation
- Inexpensive ($5 CAD)

CONS:
- Isn't travel-friendly or storage-friendly (the packaging that the sponge comes in is not reusable)

on 10/8/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never tried the original beauty blender (mainly due to cost and I happily use my fingers followed by a latex sponge) however this was $5 and seemed to be essentially the same thing so I thought i would try it out. I do not need a lot of coverage but I liked the idea of using a full coverage/matte foundation and sheering out with a damp sponge. So far I'm pretty happy with this, but could live without it. It is annoying to go and dampen the sponge every time I want to apply foundation, and then clean it right after, but I do like the effect and that it covers more space and doesnt leave lines like a latex wedge. I still use wedges for pressing in concealer but this sponge is my preferred application for foundation, next to fingers.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools