Quo Blending Sponge

Quo Blending Sponge
Blending Sponge

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I should preface this by saying I have never tried or owned a Beautyblender, so I really cannot compare the two at all. I might one day decide to splurge for one out of curiosity, but these Quo sponges more than do the job for me right now. I now own two of them, a purple one and a pink one. They do for me, what I think a good makeup sponge or the Beautyblender should do. When damp, they apply apply foundation extremely naturally. The price is good - it's hard to pay over 30$ for a sponge, the Quo one is under 10$. The Quo sponge is rather firmer than the Beautyblender I believe, so I get it extra damp to mitigate this. One of them has developed a small tear, but is still usable. Overall, I think this is a good sponge for the price and I would repurchase.

I use and love beautyblenders and picked this up to compare. It is much denser and 'bops' less on the face, it is less bouncy and soft and also tears very very easily. I have only had it for a couple of weeks and it definitely would not last as long as a bb. my older pink bb that i have used for a good 4 years still looks great and works great so imho splurge for the real thing

on 4/12/2017 7:17:00 PM

I always buy this. Great price, lasts long, have never used an official beauty blender (way too overpriced for a sponge imo, I am cheap af) but this sponge is amazing and gets so nice when its damp like a nice pillow lol. I use castile soap to clean it and it works so good. I like the shape better than a beauty blender too, you can use the bottom fat edge to blend contour and the end of the fat end to stamp on powder. That way you can use it for multiple colours and you won't mess up your face lol.

on 3/23/2017 2:48:00 PM

After falling back in love with my old BB that I found while going through old cosmetics, I knew I needed another, but wasn't sure the $28 CAD price tag was worth it, especially since they only last about three months. Found the rave reviews for this on MUA, so went to SDM to check it out. It was only $7 CAD so I had to grab it. It is a bit more dense than the BB and is a bit harder to squeeze all the water out, especially at the bottom where I would apply foundation. Despite it being denser, I found it softer compared to the BB and blended foundation just as nicely. I don't find it too much of a foundation hog either. It's a bit more awkward to apply concealer to the undereyes just because of it's shape but it still worked out fine. I washed it the first time and realized how delicate it was because there are now several tears because of my nails, and the BB didn't do that. But just for the finish and being more careful during cleaning, it is totally worth it.

on 12/17/2016 3:32:00 PM

I swear by the original Beauty Blender, and use it everyday for foundation,bronzer, cream blush etc...the only reason I bought this Quo sponge @CVS was because I had a lot of CVS bucks and had read good reviews on the Quo sponge, so it was basically free. I think regular retail price for it is about $4. This is the closest dupe to the original BB I have ever found, its soft, bouncy, blends well when wet, and although I will never give up my original BB, this is a great alternative if you are trying to save a few bucks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I won't lie I have never tried the beauty blender, because of this sponge I never had to. This sponge is firm and I love the shape. I soak it with water and wring it out and use it damp to apply my foundation and blend my highlight. This sponge also holds up amazing. I clean it with liquid soap after each use and I used it for a year before I replaced it for hygienic reasons. It probably could have lasted even longer. And the fact that it's so much cheaper than the beauty blender keeps me coming back.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have two of these. I bought one about a year ago while at a Pharmaphrix (Quebec's Shoppers Drug Mart). I really liked it, and last week when I forgot a Beauty Blender at my husbands parents place, my brother who works at Shoppers in my native Alberta picked this up for me. It performs very well. Durable, affordable, and easy to clean. It's slightly more dense than the Beauty Blender, but I really do love this.

on 5/28/2016 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My beauty blender was getting worn out and seemed to breaking down but I kept putting off buying a new one because the price is such a turn off. I will spent big bucks on high end products when I think they are worth it but something about spending almost $30 on one little sponge always bothered me.

I came across this Quo sponge at SDM and I actually hesitated to buy it. I figured you probably get what you pay for and since this sponge was only 6 bucks I thought it would probably be crappy. A voice in my head said "yeah, but what if it's great? Then you won't have to blow your hard earned money on another overpriced beauty blender". I couldn't argue with that so I went ahead and purchased. I am so glad I did because I will never purchase another beauty blender.

This sponge is bigger, denser and a little firmer then the beauty blender. Turns out those are all good differences. The extra density and firmness actually make the sponge less absorbent, meaning more product gets on my face and less winds up in the sponge, which translates into less of my expensive foundations going to waste. The big round bottom of the sponge allows me to apply the foundation all over my face really fast which means less time wasted putting on my make up yet the pointy end is still small enough to get around my eyes and nose. This is a fantastic sponge and so reasonably priced. Plan to pick up a couple more this weekend. So happy to no longer have to buy the ridiculously overpriced beauty blender.

on 4/20/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I will grudgingly give this a good review but it's not a perfect product. It is $6 instead of $30 for the real beautyblender, and it works, but it has a stiff consistency that makes it less effective. Nevertheless I used it for a long time and finally threw it out because it became impossible to clean the stains out. The shape of it is not ideal, as there is no narrow end to get the eye corners. I will probably get the beautyblender or another dupe next time.

on 2/22/2016 4:49:00 PM

I bought this at Shoppers for $6 after reading the reviews on here. I have not purchased nor tried the $30 Beauty Blender sponge so cannot compare. I have never used a sponge before but was wanting to have a more natural look with my foundation and blur out my fine lines and pores. After opening I noticed some weird dents in the sponge but it did not effect its usage. I applied my foundation to my face and then used the sponge after wetting to spread the makeup around. I liked the bottom to get a lot of coverage over the major areas of my face and liked the tip to get close to my eyes and nose. Coverage can be built up if foundation is applied directly to sponge and then blotted over area. Provides such a wonderful finish that powder was not needed. The only downside was after washing the very first time it got a tear in the sponge hence the 4 lippies.