4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Unfortunately I'm too broke to compare this to the actual BB but I used to use the Sallys knock off. This Quo one was 2 for $14 on sale this wk @ Shoppers Drug, so I got them. I absolutely love it! It's extremely soft & blends even my water based daily staple foundation really well (just the CG Clean). I do notice I used a little more product as even this damp & than ringed out can absorb product, but I like that it was a lot more flexible & less stiff than the Sallys brand. So far so good!

About reviewer (334 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

I use and love beautyblenders and picked this up to compare. It is much denser and 'bops' less on the face, it is less bouncy and soft and also tears very very easily. I have only had it for a couple of weeks and it definitely would not last as long as a bb. my older pink bb that i have used for a good 4 years still looks great and works great so imho splurge for the real thing

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

I always buy this. Great price, lasts long, have never used an official beauty blender (way too overpriced for a sponge imo, I am cheap af) but this sponge is amazing and gets so nice when its damp like a nice pillow lol. I use castile soap to clean it and it works so good. I like the shape better than a beauty blender too, you can use the bottom fat edge to blend contour and the end of the fat end to stamp on powder. That way you can use it for multiple colours and you won't mess up your face lol.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

After falling back in love with my old BB that I found while going through old cosmetics, I knew I needed another, but wasn't sure the $28 CAD price tag was worth it, especially since they only last about three months. Found the rave reviews for this on MUA, so went to SDM to check it out. It was only $7 CAD so I had to grab it. It is a bit more dense than the BB and is a bit harder to squeeze all the water out, especially at the bottom where I would apply foundation. Despite it being denser, I found it softer compared to the BB and blended foundation just as nicely. I don't find it too much of a foundation hog either. It's a bit more awkward to apply concealer to the undereyes just because of it's shape but it still worked out fine. I washed it the first time and realized how delicate it was because there are now several tears because of my nails, and the BB didn't do that. But just for the finish and being more careful during cleaning, it is totally worth it.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I won't lie I have never tried the beauty blender, because of this sponge I never had to. This sponge is firm and I love the shape. I soak it with water and wring it out and use it damp to apply my foundation and blend my highlight. This sponge also holds up amazing. I clean it with liquid soap after each use and I used it for a year before I replaced it for hygienic reasons. It probably could have lasted even longer. And the fact that it's so much cheaper than the beauty blender keeps me coming back.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

from

4 years ago

My beauty blender was getting worn out and seemed to breaking down but I kept putting off buying a new one because the price is such a turn off. I will spent big bucks on high end products when I think they are worth it but something about spending almost $30 on one little sponge always bothered me. I came across this Quo sponge at SDM and I actually hesitated to buy it. I figured you probably get what you pay for and since this sponge was only 6 bucks I thought it would probably be crappy. A voice in my head said "yeah, but what if it's great? Then you won't have to blow your hard earned money on another overpriced beauty blender". I couldn't argue with that so I went ahead and purchased. I am so glad I did because I will never purchase another beauty blender. This sponge is bigger, denser and a little firmer then the beauty blender. Turns out those are all good differences. The extra density and firmness actually make the sponge less absorbent, meaning more product gets on my face and less winds up in the sponge, which translates into less of my expensive foundations going to waste. The big round bottom of the sponge allows me to apply the foundation all over my face really fast which means less time wasted putting on my make up yet the pointy end is still small enough to get around my eyes and nose. This is a fantastic sponge and so reasonably priced. Plan to pick up a couple more this weekend. So happy to no longer have to buy the ridiculously overpriced beauty blender.

About reviewer (150 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

I will grudgingly give this a good review but it's not a perfect product. It is $6 instead of $30 for the real beautyblender, and it works, but it has a stiff consistency that makes it less effective. Nevertheless I used it for a long time and finally threw it out because it became impossible to clean the stains out. The shape of it is not ideal, as there is no narrow end to get the eye corners. I will probably get the beautyblender or another dupe next time.

About reviewer (242 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I bought this at Shoppers for $6 after reading the reviews on here. I have not purchased nor tried the $30 Beauty Blender sponge so cannot compare. I have never used a sponge before but was wanting to have a more natural look with my foundation and blur out my fine lines and pores. After opening I noticed some weird dents in the sponge but it did not effect its usage. I applied my foundation to my face and then used the sponge after wetting to spread the makeup around. I liked the bottom to get a lot of coverage over the major areas of my face and liked the tip to get close to my eyes and nose. Coverage can be built up if foundation is applied directly to sponge and then blotted over area. Provides such a wonderful finish that powder was not needed. The only downside was after washing the very first time it got a tear in the sponge hence the 4 lippies.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I absolutely love this, it is by far the best dupe for the BB that I've found and blends foundation like a dream. I purchased mine at shoppers Drug Mart and it was 6$ so much cheaper than the BB which is like 30$ Canadian. I also like that it's purple, wish it came in other colours though, but come on you can't beat it with the price and how well it blends foundation flawlessly!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

4 years ago

This works better than my BB sponge. My BB sponge was all worn out but I had this stored somewhere. I was a little hesitant to chuck out my BB sponge for this but I'm glad I did. IT WORKS WONDERS. My foundation wasn't cakey at all. For the first time. Since my foundation was always set by my BB sponge and it was always, ALWAYS, cakey. This is also larger which is a plus for me. The price was not bad at all, although it could be lower.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18