Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

1.8

on 3/4/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I decided to pick this up because I was curious about the Yes to Grapefruit line, and I can never say no to a foundation/base product. I also tend to get sucked in by anything citrus.
In fairness, given my history with trying some of the other products in the Yes To line, and always being disappointed in the scents never quite being what I think they will be, I should have known that this wasn't going to smell like a tart, fresh grapefruit. There is an initial zinginess to the cream when I pump it out on my hand, but that is taken over by a sort of powdery undertone that is not really pleasant to my nose, and just gets more cloying over time. The cream is very watery and thin, and very pink-toned. Over the day, the color began to look more and more rediculous on me, as it was also a smidge too dark on my more olive skin. While I am also aware that CC creams typically do not advertise heavy coverage, I thought this one would offer at least a little bit. Nope, coverage is pretty much zero, even when I apply a bit more to certain areas. Additionally, it is also not the best for more oily skin, as it looked shinier throughout the day. To add insult to injury, it also began to break me out over the three weeks I wore it. I think the only positive for me about this is that it applies smoothly.
I think this would only be good for drier skintypes, and more pink-toned skin that needs almost no coverage.

on 3/2/2015 6:58:00 PM

The whole line sucks IMO. This is too dark for me even though it said light on the package, the coverage was okay, it was build able but it broke me out!

on 3/28/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I prefer to use more natural products, and I usually love bb/cc creams, so I was excited when Yes To came out with this product. However, I was very disappointed when I tried it. I'm not super sensitive to smells, however I was not a big fan of the scent. The color (light) was a bit orange for me. It was a little moisturizing, but I would prefer more because I have dry skin. The consistency was very watery and hard to blend. It also gave no coverage. Overall, I would definitely not repurchase because it did not cover, smelled bad and didn't moisturize particularly well.

on 10/11/2013 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The Yes to Grapefruit CC cream claims to do a lot of things. It will moisturize, brighten, protect from the sun with SPF 18, repair your skin, and cover minor flaws. And it's 95% natural. I'm not a fan of putting half a dozen things on my face, so this takes the place of moisturizer and sunscreen. I've even worn it in place of foundation and I practically never go without foundation. Two downsides: smell and color. The smell isn't bad but it lingers. Sometimes it lingers all day and that annoys me. And the color is definitely pink-based. It makes me sad because I have recently decided that I absolutely need yellow-based foundation or else I look awful. Another reviewer claimed that it feels "gummy" and I have noticed it, but it's not enough to be a major annoyance. If they could make this in a warm hue I would repurchase, but until then I will pass it up.

on 10/8/2013 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be the worst BB/CC cream that I have tried to date. I received a sample of it from Birchbox (thank God, no real money lost!). The texture is heavy and the smell is horrible. The worst part is that the feel of the cream on my skin is very gummy, even after lots of blending and then setting it with powder. By the end of the day, I still couldn't bear to touch my face because it felt like I could still move the cream around. Putting foundation over it doesn't improve things at all: it make foundations that look great on their own look horrible.

I like a lot of the "Yes to..." brand, but this CC cream is an awful mistake. Save your money. There are many better ones out there, even in the drugstore aisles.