Loma Moisturizing Shampoo

No Image

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the LOMA Organics Moisturizing Shampoo.

I was a hair product emporium (Zennkai - lots of stuff to choose from but lousy customer service) and I was looking for a colour safe shampoo.
My hairdresser advised me to use an organic shampoo (free of sulfates) to preserve the colour in my hair. I know there's a debate about whether or not sulfate free shampoos are actually better than sulfate based ones. For me personally, I can't use products with sulfates as they irritate my scalp and skin.

I decided to try the LOMA Organics Moisturizing Shampoo which is supposed to be free of sulfates, parabens and gluten. (gluten?!)
Realistically speaking, there are probably other derivatives of sulfate and parabens in this shampoo.
I liked the fresh, spring like smell which is no surprise as the first ingredient is aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera gel). I'm partial to this sort of scent and the shampoo is meant for normal to dry hair, especially chemically/colour treated hair.
I got the shampoo and repairitive reconstructor.

How does the shampoo perform?

Pros:
Nice floral scent
Lightweight consistency (not too rich and not too watery)
Minimal lather (this maybe a con if you like lots of lather)
Rinses out well
Leaves my hair feeling soft after washing

Cons:
Price ($14.95 CAD for 355 ml/12 fl oz)
Depending on hair type, it may not be moisturizing enough
Need a couple of rinses for that 'clean' feeling

For now, I'd say yes to re-purchasing. I do like how my hair feels and smells afterwards with this shampoo plus my colour is still doing fine.
However, I'm still open to trying other shampoos.