Giorgio Armani Si

3.5

This is easily my holygrail signature scent. I cant stress enough the amount of compliments i’ve gotten from people and also questions (from both guys and girls) on what perfume i was using.

The perfume on me is a warm, woody, sweet vanilla scent that lasts for (literally) days. It feels like getting a really nice hearty hug for some reason. The sillage on this perfume is also insane. I’ve even had a (female) professor which was standing in the far front of my classroom smelling and asking for my perfume. And that was after almost a half day of activities!

I feel like this perfume would be more suitable for formal occasions but since I’m extra I use this on a daily basis lol. Definitely could be used for younger people but it does have that classy (not grandma-like) scent to it.

I absolutely love this scent. Its a very classy scent. I receive so many compliments. I can always pick this perfume on others but I cant smell it on myself. but others can. It lingers on clothing for weeks later. its such an amazing long lasting perfume. I cant get enough of it!

Edit 2/20/18: I still love this I got another rollerball. I gave up my oils they didn’t smell that great hah I knew I said I wouldn’t give them up changed my mind, but I bought this again & saw how lovely it was & how crappy the oils now so YES to rebuy in rollerball I can’t afford a FB although this is deffo FBW. I wanted to buy Si Intense rollerball but Ulta didn’t have it. #winning such a pretty frag very similar to LVEB. —- Original review: I received this rollerball for my 4-0th bday gift from my daddy. He picked it out hisself at ulta! So proud of him! My mom and dad keep saying to buy one good perfume rather than all that VS & Preferred Fragrance (fakes), [& fake oils I'll never give up my oils!] fare. This smells easily elegant & sexy very age appropriate for me but not in the least racy nor scandalous. Just right for any occasion from a white t shirt with jeans to a party or work or hey wearing a white t shirt with jeans to a work party (haha if that ever happened stranger things have lol) I'm sure this is expensive so I ordered the oil from eBay of si intense for $6.95 for 1/3oz. I'll save the good juice for when I'm going out. As for not lasting ur nose gets used to a scent u can't smell it for more than 5-10mins if u can detect it for 2 hours on urself u may be possibly fumigating urself, u wear perfume for others to enjoy. I read that from an eBay etailer leaflet that came w a perfume I had ordered. I have Tresor nuit, LVEB, Decadence, & Si Intense oils on order. I just got Alien & Angel :-) im addicted to 1/3oz oils my budget & nose like them! I already have flowerbomb oil. All of those scents are cost prohibitive for me in edt.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

There are several things i love about this perfume... The fact that 10 or so seconds after spraying, you can smell that cassis and soft rose at a level where i can smell it on me and within a short distance, but it doesn't smack me in the face at a level where it's way too strong! After about ten or so minutes i can smell both vanilla and patchouli subtly, but not so much that it takes over the fragrance. Soft spicy with a touch of wood makes it a beautiful but not overbearing perfume, and there have been so many overbearing perfumes lately with way too much patchouli or other particularly highly overused scents. Nice to see one that i don't have to worry about wearing in front of others.

Love this perfume; it has so many layers! Starts with sweet, fruity top notes, and turns into a complex vanilla scent. I'm in college and it's not too mature!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To me, this is a classy, slightly sophisticated, grown up perfume. In a world where lately it seems fruity and overly sweet, very girly/youthful and bakery type scents are dominant, it is nice imo to have a scent for us 'older gals' who are not 'old ladies'. Mature. Classy. Classic. Not overbearing or headache-inducing, although as with any fragrance, sensitive noses, allergies, asthma sufferers, etc, that is all subjective.

On me, this lasts all day, and I can still faintly smell it on my clothes the next laundry day; and yet it is not too strong nor too over-powering. I can't do too strong and overpowering. But yet this is not too light, it is just right.

I think this is a great year-round scent, but leaning more towards daytime. I think this is safe enough for school or the workplace.

I have read that La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb are similar to this, but I sort of disagree. To me, La Vie Est Belle is much more floral and Flowerbomb is very chemical smelling to me, and both of those are headache-inducing for me, which Si is not. To me, Si is just a nice, comfortable fragrance to wear and very pleasant to smell.

I do wish the bottle design was more detailed/ more feminine-looking. I typically like and appreciate simple and clean designs, but this I feel deserves a really pretty bottle. But that is just personal opinion/thought. This is very easy to spray and to hold in the hands, which my bad wrists appreciate.

Will definitely repurchase and am already planning on getting a backup, as things I really like always seem to get discontinued.

I own more than 40 fragrances and this is the one that garners the most compliments from those around me (major man magnet too...try it out and see for yourself). It's sweet but also chic and versatile, can be worn from day to night, and will suit many different occasions (office, evening, dinner, dates, nights out and about, etc). Si may be too mature for teens, but it's perfect for women in their 20's. It's also sophisticated enough for women in their 30's, 40's and beyond, and those who enjoy sweet smells but don't want to smell juvenile or like straight up candy.

It's in the same fragrance family as Lancome's La Vie Est Belle and V&R's Flowerbomb, but this one has a crisp and slightly sharp green element to it that makes it less cloyingly sweet, and easier to wear than either of those two. This 'crisp/green' nuance in Si makes it quite distinctive, saving it from being just another Flowerbomb/LVEB smell-alike (off-topic: if you do want a cheaper alternative to Flowerbomb, check out Aquolina's 'Pink Sugar Sparks').

Anyways...this is my signature scent for fall and winter. It also wears well in spring and on breezy summer nights. If you're looking for a 'cleaner', crisper and more versatile alternative to La Vie Est Belle (which I personally cannot wear...too loud, too 'frilly girly', too much), then try Si. If you love sweet scents but still want to be taken seriously, try Si. It lasts a whole day on me without needing touch-ups and the scent could fill a whole room if you spray on too much (careful with that! two sprays is good enough for daytime...add another 2-3 sprays for night-time if you want all eyes on you). I will always repurchase, and I hope it never gets discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Have just purchased my 2nd bottle of Si. It is beautiful, I wear it as my everyday fragrance as it is a light gentle scent, defiantly not overpowering

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I feel very elegant wearing this. This is not something for teens as it does seem to have a more mature scent but I got this after my first year at uni and it sort of fit because I really felt like I had changed. Normally I wore fruity scents so this change was huge but also matched the way my life has changed. It also lasts really long. The scent clings onto your clothes and at the end of the week when I take my stuff to be washed you can still smell traces of it but at the same time it is not overpowering. I also have the lotion which can be used instead of the perfume for an even subtler scent.

The first time I smelt this perfume I actually heaved, it was awful. but I went to get my hair done and my stylist smelt AMAZING! So I asked her what she was wearing and of course it was GA Si. so I went on a whim and bought it although I hated it when I first ever smelt it. but my gosh I love this perfume, I've completely changed my mind about it. it smells so good and classy. I think it's a sophisticated woman's perfume. it is rather pricey but completely worth it! if they ever discontinued this perfume I would actually cry.

Popular Fragrances