bareMinerals Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Maverick

bareMinerals Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Maverick

3.9

on 4/20/2017 10:24:00 AM

I love everything about this lipgloss. The colour is a perfect everyday colour, the gloss has a bit of a peppermint tinge to it. It's almost perfect EXCEPT the packaging leaks. I have taken off the cap wiped it completely clean inside and out and it always ends up leaking in my cosmetic bag. I give up. I can't bring it with me anywhere which in essence renders it useless to me.

on 12/8/2016 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been a fan of the Marvelous Moxie range of glosses since they came out, so when I went to Ulta and tried out the MM transformer shade in Enchantress, I surprised at how oily and slick it felt. I decided to pass on that shade and check out other shades in the MM line, and stumbled upon Maverick, which in the tube looked like a deep plummy brown with gold shimmer.
When I tried it on, I fell in love. There's that wonderful formula I know and love! I immediately went to the check out with it.
The formula on these glosses is semi-sticky and thick, but I prefer that as it usually means the gloss will be longer lasting. It's very hydrating and makes my lips look full and pouty.
The color is mostly sheer, but it's deep enough that it really provides a nicely polished look. The shimmer isn't too apparent unless you look closely, but glittery lip gloss isn't really my thing so I don't mind.
The packaging is lovely. It's simple and classy-looking, and quite sturdy. The angled, elongated doe foot applicator makes application a breeze and a joy.
It's $18, which isn't too terrible considering it's held fast at that price for a couple years among the rising costs of other high-end brands.
I'll continue to purchase from this range, and I'll definitely be stocking up on this shade.

on 10/24/2016 7:38:00 AM

Lovely lip gloss but way way over priced, I much prefer revlon lip glosses which are as good as any other I have tried at a fraction of the price!

Absolutely beautiful lip gloss. I love the wand and the formula. The formula glides on nice, is very pigmented, and lasts all day for me. I highly recommend this lip gloss, it's amazing!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

<---lipgloss junkie! I got this gloss in a B/M $40+ GWP so longstoryshort I returned the fdtn I got to Ulta & the manager let me keep the GWP coz I convinced her it'd be going in the garbage ("what a waste!"). Anyhoo this gloss is minty w a bit of vanilla...I lurve me some Buxom glosses, this is different becoz it is more opaque than the plumping glosses to me. This is the perf color a kinda browned down red not too plum nor too red. I can't do plum & it doesn't have any raspberry to it which I really can't do razz/Fuschia. This has a fine sheen w gold microglitter flecks & is very shiny. Somehow it all works, it's very warm so I am yellowish NC15-20ish medium blot powder...I very much enjoy this gloss so I got some mini's last Xmas from Ulta. The price tag is a huge deterrent otherwise I would order more in a heartbeat but these glosses are so worth it. Maverick is such a good color for Fall. After this gesture of kindness of the Ulta manager I decided to make them my exclusive hair/brow salon & i got my daddy going there for his brows too. Ppl like me don't forget small kindnesses of letting me keep this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a half-sized freebie of this in a VIB gift bag from Sephora. While it isn't a colour I'd have chosen, it turns out to be a great MLBB shade, especially for fall/winter or just for times when I don't want to look like I'm wearing lipstick. Unlike others, the minty/plumping aspect doesn't bother me at all but I can really see how it would be a big problem for those with sensitive skin or who are sensitive to fragrances, etc. It does also feel nicely moisturizing and the colour lasts for a goodly time, given that this is a gloss. I really, really like the colour and the degree of pigmentation and the fact that this doesn't vanish in half an hour - it really does last for a long time. So I would definitely repurchase and this was a nice product to find, as I'd never even been aware of these before.

on 8/7/2015 5:39:00 PM

Why, oh why, do Buxom lip glosses have to burn? The color of this gloss, minus the childish sparkles, is lovely. A medium brown-mauve. But I can't wear this. I don't like the way it feels, and I don't want to burn my husband if he kisses me! So, I blotted it with a tissue and put something else over it. Then my lips started sloughing off like a snake shedding its skin. So this time I wiped it off. Put something else on, and my lips were still peeling. So now, I used KGD spa cleansing water, and that seemed to take it off once and for all.

Love the smell, the color, & how my lips feel. Does feel tacky when first applied, but that soon disappears

5 stars for their Moxie Lip glosses!! But only 2 stars for this COLOR and looks nothing like how the photos show online (I shop online too much lol). It's just too brown (perhaps better on warmer colored skin or darker skin tones). This color just washes me out...ehh oh well.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Maverick is the perfect MLBB shade for me. It is a gorgeous deep pinky/brown shade. I received a deluxe sample size with an Ulta.com order and did not hesitate to buy a full-sized. The formula is creamy but not too thick or sticky. I love the consistency and the scent of the product. Sadly, this is the only color I love, otherwise I would buy more!