MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.7

on 4/12/2018 2:38:00 PM

I haven't seen such a high score on a product in a while... And it's easy to see why. This simply is, flat out fabulous! It instantly brightens up my face and it lasts all day. It fades to a deep stain. Yes it is a bit drying but the colour is just so, well, so flat out fabulous, that you forgive it anything. It is quite bright so I usually wear it with a simple eye look and winged black liner otherwise I imagine it could look garish. Nonetheless I cannot resist wearing it on a day by day basis, as it's so flattering and such a pick me up. But secretly I wish I had my wedding coming up (sob, will my prince never come!) and this could be my unique wedding shade. Because it's classic but it's got an edge to it that you don't get with a red lip. It's also, yes, retro. I think Moxie and this are possibly my favourite retro but edgy bright lipsticks. To me, this is like a tamed down Candy Yum Yum. Which is another fabulous colour, but a statement. This is still eye catching but not quite a statement lipstick. It's a happy spring colour.

on 4/1/2016 12:20:00 PM

I bought this lipstick along with the magenta lip liner by Mac and they are the perfect match! Like any matte lipstick it is quite drying on my lips and I did find that it dragged when I first applied but that is probably because it is a fresh product that hasn't been worn in yet.

on 2/9/2016 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got this today and I have to say that I like it more than I expected! I usually go for reds or purples, but I had read a lot of positive reviews about FOF so I decided to try it on. I really like it! I was intrigued by Candy Yum Yum, but I wasn't quite ready for a neon pink so I went for FOF instead. Great shade, especially if you want something that's bright, yet deep and wearable. Basically looks good on anyone!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can see why this product has such rave reviews. This lipstick is BOLD and beautiful- one of those lipsticks that makes you feel like a million bucks no matter what kind of mood you're in. It's much more bold than what I usually go for, but it's too pretty to pass up. I was unsure of the matte formula at first, but the matte formula is what makes this lipstick so amazing. TRY IT!

on 2/15/2015 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Far out this baby has some serious staying power! I have dry lips so prep is a must, though I get about 4 hours of solid wear before needing to apply a balm over the top to prevent flaking. Yet it lasts all day and into the night,leaving a more rosy pink stain when it does finally fade. The colour is vibrant and although bright surprisingly wearable and flattering with many looks. Retro matte means super matte. Even the balm I apply over it throughout the day only shines it temporarily, and mind you the effect is just as delicious looking. It doesn't pull as much as ruby woo when applying, and a good lip brush can fix that if it bothers you, but I find it very user friendly for a matte. Although it appears opaque I have a freckle on my lip I can still see through it if I look closely. This isn't visible with the MAC luxe Catharina which is a very similar colour, but it's not enough to warrant losing a lippy over. I have a small cut on my lip that it has stained bright pink for 2 days now, even after removing it with oil and cleansing a few times. Food and drinks are no match, I don't need to touch up after most meals. This lipstick is indeed fabulous and seriously means business if you like your lip products to be long wearing, and frankly who doesn't?

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It is a gorgeous color, and last all day... i eat, drink, and work with it and doesn't need any touch ups... But...sometimes when i don't exfoliate my lips it can be a little dry....
but hey it's an amazing product

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

One of my favorites! It's a bright (but not too bright) berry, matte (my favorite texture. Also retro matte), color. So beautiful that I bought 2 back ups. Something I hardly do. Amazing color!

Has anyone noticed this is a matte version of Girl About Town the matte makes it a touch darker but yea... I love matte lipstick so totally upset about it but after hunting this color down and stalking Mac's website and counters till I got it I'm a tad miffed. Do I like it yes. Can I feel on my lips yes. Would I but it again.... Yes as much as it drags up applying I love a matte lip and the color is so intense and the stain it leaves after wear is adorbs!!!

on 1/27/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good Lord I love this color. I went by MAC to look at Heroine and the sales rep recommended this instead because of my skin-tone (NW20). She was right wow. This is stunning! It comes off as a bright fuchsia on me, even though its marketed as a bright plum.

It instantly brightened my face and compliments my very dark hair and light skin. I tried Heroine and I was disappointed because I love the color, but on me it just seems way too dark :( The sales rep said this was much better on me and I could wear this through spring and summer. I have it on now lol and just love it.

It's a retro matte formula and is very matte. I don't mind the dry because I can easily wear balm under or over. It lasts so long I am just impressed.five hours now with NO wear. I have eaten, drank, and talked alot (I talk too much lol). It is just as bright and has not moved.

One of the happiest purchases I have made!

on 12/11/2013 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

LOVE this lipstick, on me it's a plummy fushia color. It's matte and it really stays on a long time. I think this color is really unique and different, I absolutely think this color is amazing on all skin tones, but when wearing this lipstick...the darker you are the hotter it looks IMO! So all my tanned lovelies...you NEED this l/s!