4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I'm in love with this stunning neon-pink/fuchsia lippie by MAC. I start with MAC's Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in 'Fashion Boost' (was a limited edition) and then Flat Out Fabulous for a bold neon look. It's a pretty matte lipstick so expect a degree of drying if you don't use a lip exfoliator and lip balm beforehand. This one doesn't tug, has no glitter or shimmer and the staying power is awesome - I can get 6+ hours from this which is more than most lipsticks I own! The texture is very light and yet very pigmented - just one light swipe is all I need and I'm set. The nearest shade I've owned to this (and an excellent dupe if you can still get your hands on it) is L’Oreal Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick in Glamor Fuchsia, it's literally identical to FOF but not quite the same in other aspects i.e staying power. However I haven't seen it in stores for ages and online increasingly difficult to find too. For me it was a blessing in disguise... it's only because I ran out of L'Oreal that I went out and purchased Mac's as a substitute. Well, it's sure ticked all the boxes and then some! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

8 months ago

I love that lipstick the color is amazing! Can't say anything negative about it ❤❤❤❤❤

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

from

a year ago

Even though is a blue toned color, I think this lipstick work on pretty much any skintone, it's an universal bold pink with strong blue undertones. It does make a statement and it's a good choice for a night out. Just remenber to use the mac lip prep+prime before wearing this, because as a retro matte formula, this is totally drying.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

I haven't seen such a high score on a product in a while... And it's easy to see why. This simply is, flat out fabulous! It instantly brightens up my face and it lasts all day. It fades to a deep stain. Yes it is a bit drying but the colour is just so, well, so flat out fabulous, that you forgive it anything. It is quite bright so I usually wear it with a simple eye look and winged black liner otherwise I imagine it could look garish. Nonetheless I cannot resist wearing it on a day by day basis, as it's so flattering and such a pick me up. But secretly I wish I had my wedding coming up (sob, will my prince never come!) and this could be my unique wedding shade. Because it's classic but it's got an edge to it that you don't get with a red lip. It's also, yes, retro. I think Moxie and this are possibly my favourite retro but edgy bright lipsticks. To me, this is like a tamed down Candy Yum Yum. Which is another fabulous colour, but a statement. This is still eye catching but not quite a statement lipstick. It's a happy spring colour.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Flat Out Fabulous is a gorgeous shade of bright purply-pink lipstick from MAC. It has the Retro Matte finish which means that it is extremely matte. The formula of the lipstick is fairly hard, but it still applies on the lips very smoothly. It feels creamy on the lips, and doesn’t dry my lips out. I would recommend using a lip-balm beforehand though (I find Lush’s Honey Trap plays well with MAC lipsticks). It doesn’t bleed or sink into lines - which is great for such a matte shade! I also find this lasts well through eating and drinking and kissing - making it a great one for a fun date night! When it fades, it does seem to fade pretty evenly which is a plus! I believe this would flatter all skin tones. I highly recommend it!

About reviewer (740 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I love to write this review to let lipstick lovers to know about this shade flat out flabolous.... It's like a purply pink shade and it is a retro matte finish, so you need to exfoliate lips well before u apply this lipstick. Staying power is good. Hey it compliments skintone, all skintone from fair to dark in my opinion. If you have dark lips, line with dark pink shade and top up with this flat out flabolous lipstick, it will look omg georgous ... As it won't look complete purple and looks wearable shade even to work office or while hanging out... I love all fired up, relentlessly red and flat out flabolous from retro matte finish. I absolutely recommend this shade... If you have small lips this lipstick finish makes lips further smaller, I recommend applying lipgloss very little on centre of lips, oh god ready to go out, awesome colour with plumpiness....

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

This is a purpley pink which is more pink than purple. It's cool toned and it makes your teeth look white. It's the retro matte formula so that makes it very hard to put on (as opposed to a creamy lipstick) but it also makes it very long-lasting. It stains your lips and leaves pinkness behind, even on my pigmented lips. You can wear it at night or day with subtle makeup. I'm a sort of light-medium Indian girl with deep brown hair & I wish I could wear this every day. This is my red lip. I use this lipstick to make an impact.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Oh I love this lipstick. If you are not super daring in wearing bold lipsticks(red and vampy shades) but still want a bold color, this is a very great choice. It just livens up your face whatever your skintone is. You will surely get a lot of compliments everytime you wear this color. The color and texture is super rich. This is retro matte finish so this requires a precise application since it's very pigmented and very matte. This is a very feminine, flirty and fun shade but makes you look polished still because of the super matte finish. So much love for this lippie!

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

Since yesterday, Flat Out Fabulous is official my HG favorite bold lipstick. I was invited to an event and put on some foundation, mascara, eyeliner and concealer. I was in a hurry and couldn't decide what lipstick I should wear. It had to be a bold lipstick but not a Saint Germain/Candy Yum Yum/Ruby Woo (etc.) one. Never wore FOF before, so I exfoliated my lips, put on lip primer, waited a few minutes and then the surprise: What a beautiful shade! It's bold, bright, yet not too much (people WILL look at you the good or bad way when they see Saint Germain). I wasn't afraid going out with such an outstanding color. It didn't transfer the whole evening (4+ hours with fatty food, drinking and so on). Girls, go buy that color. MAC, I recommend you: Never discount it. Never. Ever!

About reviewer (188 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

4 years ago

This lipstick is seriously "flat out fabulous". Flatters many skin tones with a lasting power better than a liquid lipstick. It also doesn't bleed out of your lip lines and is easy to apply. I highly recommend adding this to your collection.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive