It Cosmetics Brow Power

No Image

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was super excited to try this product out, being the first IT cosmetics product I've tried.

I found the shade to be a little bit too ashy for me despite being described as 'universal' (I'm a redhead), but I know a lot of brow pencils are too warm for a lot of people and it's easy enough to add a bit of warmth to a shade like this with a warm eyeshadow.

The product was easy to apply with a very precise tip, but it did come out a little patchy. I imagine it would be a really great product if you already have decent brows that only need a bit of filling in to look perfect, but I have quite fine and sparse brow hair that needs quite a bit more filling in and I don't think this product is particularly designed for that.

That said, it did last all day without being set so the longevity is something I was really happy with, and I love the softness of the spoolie - I have dry skin and often they're too hard and abrasive for me to use. I'll keep it because I love the spoolie, but overall, I have other brow pencils that are a better match to my brows that I would reach for over this.

on 11/24/2017 5:27:00 AM

The IT Cosmetics Brow Power Eyebrow Pencil is an eye brow pencil that comes in one shade: universal taupe. Unfortunately it is not quite universal for all people. This will definitely be too dark for those with light or blonde hair. This will also probably be too light for those with black hair. My other concern is that this is not a brow pencil for creating or defining brows. The tip is too wide to use for anything other than simply filling in sparse brows. So if you have brown hair, already have defined eyebrows this might work for you. My concern really comes when they market this as universal because it is not. My more detail review with swatches and also a comparison is here:

on 8/26/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Let me begin by telling you that the spoolie is why you should buy this at least once! This is the most expensive brow pencil I've ever owned. But also the best. The color is perfect for me. My brows have thinned greatly with age and i love how this makes them look fuller without looking "drawn on'. Nice soft dryer pencil. I appreciate the smaller amount of wax in it as wax pulls out hairs and over time THINS YOUR BROWS! I'll never have full lush brows again but i can get nice definition with this and that SPOOLIE....best ever!
I will buy cost saving sets on QVC to get this product. I cannot afford it as a stand alone product.

on 7/2/2017 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this at the recommendation of an Ulta salesperson with lovely eyebrows, who said she used the It pencil herself. Boom, in basket. I've been using it for my everyday work makeup look, and I do like it...my hair is medium brown (with no red) and the "Universal Taupe" shade (i.e. the only shade it comes in) works fine for my brows, which are lighter than my hair. It doesn't have weird undertones, and the combination brush/pencil is great for a one-stop product. I apply all brow products with a light hand because my brows are pretty full and I'm only looking for a little more definition, nothing Instagram-worthy. :-) I set it with cheap brow gel, and it's still there at the end of the day. The product seems to be lasting a long time with daily use, and although I said yes to repurchasing, I'm going through a brow pencil/brow pen phase right now because they're so simple, and I want to try the Stila brow pen next. This product retails for $24 which is pricey, but I expect it to last a long time, especially with my sparse use.

on 1/27/2017 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I want to like this product, I really do, but I don't think I can. It's a very thin pencil, so it takes much more time to apply than I have in the morning. I'm not loving the universal taupe, it's a little reddish for my complexion. My other IT Cosmetic experiences have been good, sorry this didn't work out for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have fair skin (yellow/olive), black eyebrows and nearly black hair. My brows are thick but I over plucked ONE of them on the nose side and I'm also liking the look of filled in brows.

Sadly, this universal taupe is not universal...at all. Even when I 'press hard' as instructed, there's no way my brows look symmetrical - my sparser brow looks a totally different color at the nose side than my fuller brow does because it doesn't have the same number of black hairs. This color also seems to intentionally softens out my brows rather than making them look more defined. I can tell the difference in photos and feel reluctant to wear this color out in public.

I don't have any grey to cover (which seems to be a major selling feature), maybe I'd like this better if I did?

On to the pencil - it isn't a sharp tip, it's a flat round. I like that - I can use the 'edge' of the round to outline my brows cleanly before filling in. The formula is dry, easy to correct errors, but doesn't tame brows as well as waxier pencils do.

I do like the packaging, it's weighty, the pencil twists to advance, and the spoolie is the softest one I own. I'm saving the spoolie for blending with my other pencils when I'm done!

Price? I received this as a gift, but as with many other twistable pencils, this one contains barely any product! 0.14 g? My go to brow pencils have 1+ grams in them and cost 1/10th the price. This one is 20x what I normally spend when you compare product sizes (you don't lose THAT much to sharpening), and I don't even like the color very well.

This is definitely not a repurchase item for me.

on 10/24/2016 3:33:00 AM

I've been using this for a couple years now. I had a bad wax a while back and some spots just will not grow back. This fills them in and my brows look so natural. I get compliments all the time. This is my HG brow pencil and I hop they never stop making it. I will be devastated.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

LIFE SAVER!!! I'm not afraid to shop around, always looking for the next best thing in make up. This is one of the few products I have never strayed from. The product does not tug or get clumpy and always provides a natural look. Harder you press, the deeper the color, which is great for customizing brow color. It's also so easy to shape brows, which is essential for us ladies who have way over plucked!

Tip: if you use a liquid foundation, dust a small bit of powder over your brows. I've found this provides a much more natural "hair" look and helps it to go on more matte.

on 9/17/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

At 24 dollars, it is at the top end of price for brow products. I am surprised to see this price when it only comes in one color, universal taupe. It is definitely not universal, unless the universe only has people with blonde and light brown hair. This is a shame because the formula is great, but against my dark brows it looks almost silver and I really have to work to blend it. If you have light hair it would probably work, but the idea of one color is silly to me when everyone's brows are different colors. If they expanded their collection it would be great. Also, for the price, there are many drugstore pencils that come in a large range of colors that would work just as well.

on 7/23/2016 11:56:00 PM

This is the best eyebrow product I've ever used. It goes on so easily and looks completely natural - you can't tell at all that my brows are filled in. The shade taupe is perfect for my brows. The built in brush is perfect.