L'Oreal Paris Steampod

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

4.6

My HG straightener. I had high expectations of that expensive product. I am more than impressed!This miracle steam flat iron straightens my wavy hairs easily to a sleek, shiny look. My other straighteners often made it crispy and it took long til I was satisfied with the result. The steam really seems to work. It only works with destilled water, please never consider mixing it with something. It will only damage your Steampod. The new white one is ok, but sometimes there is water coming out of one the holes and it doesn't make my hair so flawless like the black one. So stay with the original. You will fall in love with it and your hair.

on 5/13/2015 8:47:00 PM

the best straightener i have ever tried! it leaves the hair shiny, smooth, very sleek AND looking healthy! i have curly hair and i straightened it on the lowest heat setting and i only ran once or twice over every strand...made my hair look sleek like never before and they were really soft! result stays longer than 3 days ...loveeee it!

on 5/8/2015 8:23:00 AM

the water it steams into your hair weighed down my fine hair and made it look oily. Unfortunately it didn't work for me

on 3/16/2014 11:16:00 AM

I cannot stress how insanely amazing the steampod is!! My hair is so hard to manage, dry, frizzy, very damaged and dull. Not now that I've found these straighteners though! The day they arrived I chucked my ghds into the back of my cupboard and they have stayed there ever since. I would never go back to using them now, and that's saying something as I have sworn by ghds since I was about 14 - 7 years! The steampod quite literally blows them out of the water.

My hair styling routine is now halved in time - because the plates are large, you can run more hair through them at once and you only need to go over each section once. With my ghds, it would take around 30 minutes to do my hair; now it takes under 10 minutes and the end result is 100 times better!

The first time I went into work after using them, EVERYONE commented on my hair - even some of the men and men never notice that kind of thing! People were asking me if I had been to the hairdressers all day, and believe me when I say that nobody used to give me compliments on my hair!! When I saw my mum she was so shocked at the difference that she's going to buy herself one (as are many of my friends)!

Never before has my hair stayed straight and frizz free all day, even when I go to clubs it looks immaculate all night! Before it would frizz up and go wavy at the first sign of any humidity or dampness but the steampod really has eliminated that. I can't give this product enough compliments - every day is a guaranteed good hair day now and I'm so happy I've found it! As corny as it sounds, it really has changed my life!!

on 9/8/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

In terms of hair straighteners and stylers, this is it. I have tried many from high end to cheapo, some great, some terrible, all variations on the same thing. I love a good gimmick and this one was like being caught in a fishing net. I couldn't resist the glowing reviews from Australia. So I shelled out a rather insane amount of money and waited impatiently for my shiny big box to arrive.

The packaging is gorgeous. You can tell you are getting an expensive product. A glossy heavy box with magnetic closures and sturdy casing for the device. The manual is like an encyclopedia. The device itself is lovely. Shiny, sturdy, but most of all very heavy. It is sleek for its size, but you're certainly not bringing this in an overnight bag (though I admit this is such a must-have for me I have made room in my suitcase). There is a little "pod" for the water, and a hair straightener that will dwarf all others in terms of size.

The controls are easy to use, rubber buttons on the side that you won't accidentally push during use. There is a little plastic comb attachment I immediately removed and almost never use. It slides right out.

The device heats up very fast. If I set it to full heat (210 C) it's about a minute. The screen, backlit with a modern looking blue LED display, will blink while heating, then stop blinking when hot.

Use takes some time to learn. It's a little clumsy at first because of how big it is, but I am terrible at doing my own hair and mastered it in just 2 or 3 uses. The device must be run the same direction, there are little arrows to help you out. When you squeeze the plates together, you hear a pump whirring and it steams out around the plates. Here is where the magic happens.

I only have to go over each section ONCE and it is sleek and silky smooth. With other irons I could go over the same spot of hair over and over and over and it was straight, but still stiff and "straightened" looking. With this my hair looks like actual straight hair. Not like straightened hair. It has movement, shine, and looks wonderful. AND it lasts like none other. I don't find myself needing to touch up my style every morning. It lasts until the next wash. I can't rave about this enough. This straightener makes all others just feel like garbage. While before a straightener was what I used in places where I failed with a round brush, this is BETTER than a blowout in terms of silky results.

It's also a lot less damaging because it works so well on a lower setting. With other irons I needed it cranked up to max heat to get great results, with this I can get amazing results on the lowest or second lowest setting.

Instead of burning money searching for a HG styling cream, consider investing in this. It's so amazing. If I had to buy a new one every year, I would because it's just that good. I feel lost trying to style my hair without it now. It's just amazing how well this device works. I can't stop touching my silky hair. I've had it for about 6 months now and I still can't imagine going back to a regular iron. I don't even use my curling iron anymore (more on that later).

I don't use the cream or serum that they sell with it, but am curious to try them. Right now I have had great results with argan oil, biosilk, renpure treatments, whatever my product du jour is at the moment. It has worked miraculously with all of them. If I use this after a protein masque the results seem to be even better. One time I put my 3a hair up in pin curls as an experiment and when I released the pins, the "curls" stayed attached to my head. Trying to brush out the mess was a nightmare and I looked like a poodle. While the actual brushing and subsequent afro took a good hour, going over it with this took only 15 minutes and it was like it never happened.

I can use this to create gorgeous sexy waves really easily, by either braiding my hair and going over the braid with the iron, or by just twisting a section and going over the twist. Insta-supermodel hair. You can also create beautiful loose curls by twisting the iron as you move down the hair (check youtube for more details on this, it's my favorite method).

As a testament to how well this works, my boyfriend never complimented my hair before. When I started doing my hair with this he tells me ALL THE TIME how much he loves me hair, how beautiful and soft it is, and even wants to play with it. He's constantly finding excuses to come over and run his fingers through my hair now. Not once in the almost 5 years together did he enjoy my hair like he does with the steampod.

I use distilled water so I won't clog up any part of it with residue and it's super easy to make at home. Large stock pot, put a heat safe bowl in it and put water around, just a few inches. Then simmer, put an upside down lid on, stick ice in the lid, and turn off the heat. Leave for 30 minutes. Voila, distilled water.

Update: If you want the most pin straight amazing hair ever, try this with the tresemme 7 day straight serum. I go over each section 3x on high and get Victoria Beckham levels of sleek. Amazing! Too time consuming for me to do regularly, but for a special event the results cannot be beat.

Popular Hair Styling Tools