TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55
TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore the little shaker that this rice enzyme powder is packaged in. I've bought two of the minis from Sephora. I use this after I was my face, and use about half of the recommended amount on damp skin. I find this to be very gentle, and it doesn't irritate my rosacea at all. I use it about twice a week. I still use an enzyme mask every other week for deeper exfoliation. I do feel it is pricey for the small amount you get. Until I find something I like better, I will keep using this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is surprisingly effective for such a gentle scrub. The first time I used it (about 2 weeks ago), I really wasn't expecting anything in the way of noticeable results simply because it was so non-abrasive. But my skin feels so smooth and nice after I use this and there is no redness or irritation. I have used Demalogica's Daily Microfoliant for a few years and I would put this Rice Enzyme Powder in the same category - a product I really do not want to be without. It's a toss-up as to which I like better but this is a really lovely product and it's not scented or perfumed. In fact, it has an almost "grain-like" smell, which isn't surprising since its main ingredient is rice bran.

on 6/2/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a generous travel size (retails $15) of this when I ordered the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist and Camilla Oil. I was not impressed. At all.

I'm not even gonna get into my usual long winded style of reviewing here - this is just a gimmicky cleanser much like DHC's powder cleanser but at a higher price. Actually I like the DHC version much more than this when it comes to effectiveness; Tatcha's version didn't do much and my face didn't feel clean or exfoliated. To be even more specific, one morning I tried the sample of Tatcha's Indigo face cream and couldn't stand how greasy it was so I used this to wash it off - NOPE! The rice powder cleanser didn't even remove that. I feel like with this stuff you are paying for packaging and not quality product.

A full size of this is $65.00 and it is so not worth it. In fact, you could just buy a jar of Pearl Powder for like $40 bux and a bag of Bob's red mill rice powder for $3 bux, make your own concoction and I am pretty sure you would end up with a much more efficient cleanser. Meh, this is just another over-hyped waste of money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this Gentle version exfoliator! This is NOT America's love for all things strong and harsh in exfoliating. If you're looking for that look elsewhere. Lol! (I would love to use Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel, as I love so many of her products that I benefit greatly from at VERY affordable prices, but even that's too high for me as a leave on. I also love the fact that Tatcha's Rice Enzyme Powder's are fragrance free like Paula's Choice.)

This is formulated for EVERYDAY use and thus made to be gentle. I'm putting this review in the Classic section as I feel it applies similarly to both. The results are meant to be observed over time. And believe me it does. Lol! This is the Geisha's equivalent to a DAILY and gentle spa type treatment. I love it's gentle effectiveness. I use it actually every other day as my skin is SUPER DUPER sensitive and leave it on for a minute after softly rubbing it over my face. I wet my skin first and with slightly wet hands pour a dime size amount and just apply. The water on my face turns it into a lovely creamy consistency where I just let the rice, papain and licorice root do the work for me. Soothing and lovely! I've noticed my skin is much smoother, brighter, more even toned, pores smaller ~ YES! ~ and that horrible acne cyst I had on my cheek is finally going down and healing! Every two weeks I then use Vasanti's BrightenUp! with its Microderm Crystals at 25% to polish my skin and take out any crepiness or my Foreo Luna. Works like a charm! But for every other day use this is it! This routine is my Grail! I've even tried to go cheap trying to save money by using the whole oatmeal mask thing and let me tell you, I will NEVA do that again as it nearly gave me cystic acne all over my face to my horror!! It's worth spending the money on elegantly historically researched products. Thank you Geisha's! Thank you Tatcha!!

on 3/24/2015 4:05:00 PM

I got a sample packet from Sephora so I only have one use to comment on. I was looking for an alternative to AmorePacific's Enzyme Peel, which I have been using for a really long time. It is expensive, which I would deal with, but I think my skin my skin may be used to it, so I need a change. This starts out as a powder, like the AP, but isn't as fine. It also smells strange, like rice. It seems to work pretty well, but then I saw that it costs more--$65 for 2.1 oz. versus $60 for 2.25 oz. I purchased Boscia Tsubaki Oil Infused Exfoliating Powder ($36 for 2.11 oz.) but haven't used that yet, and if that doesn't work out, another similar product is Nude Skincare Detox Brightening Fizzy powder, $42 for 2 oz., which I also tried a sample of, and it is much better than Tatcha's version.

EDIT 6/29/17: I bought a full-size of this. It exfoliates well, very gently, but I think my prior three star rating is accurate. First, the way you open it is you screw the top off, and push the slide back to expose a circular opening. I use about a dime sized portion, and every time I pour it, it makes me cough. A little disconcerting. As soon as I'm finished with the jar I will be returning to Amore Pacific's version. Less money and a much better product.

on 1/18/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. I have sensitive oily skin. Was torn between ordering the classic or the gentle formula.
The classic did not irritate my skin after the first use my skin was clean and dewy. After one week my pores are smaller, pigmentation spot is lighter.
I love the jar and the slide back opening so not to contaminate the product.
Worth every cent. Never want to be without this wonderful product.

on 10/19/2014 6:34:00 PM

Fantastic product!!! Purchased this on auto-ship through QVC along with the Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil which is outstanding, also. When it came back on air, I added a second auto-ship to continue with the discounted price on both products for another year. The cleansing oil removes all makeup including any type of waterproof mascara. Two pumps, is all that is needed. All traces of makeup and the mascara washes completely off. The "oil" does not leave any film on the skin. The Classic Rice Enzyme Powder is then used which is a very soft, gentle white foaming scrub (if you want to call it a scrub). It does not "tear" the skin as so many other products do. As soon as you rinse off the powder, you will find your skin is soft and literally glowing. This product is highly recommended. Even though it may be pricey for some, it is well worth it for it lasts several months.

on 1/19/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Let me start by saying that I have very sensitive, redness prone, blemish prone skin that has become drier as I approach menopause. Since my skin began this descent from oiliness to dryness a few years ago, I had to practically stop using my beloved Paula's Choice BHA lotion which was my go-to exfoliant because my skin could not take the stimulation anymore. Even sporadic use would result in itchy, red and bumpy skin. But, now, Tatcha's Rice enzyme Powders have provided me with a way to exfoliate without the irritation. I find that I can use the Gentle powder everyday without irritation and I can also use this variant, the Classic Powder a few times a week as well. It's very simple to use: you wet your hands and face first (I find that using it after the Tatcha Camelia Cleasing Oil renders the best results without irritation) and sprinkle less than a teaspoon on your palm, rub your hands together to form a creamy wet paste and gently apply over your face. There is no need to rub harshly or vigorously as the enzymes take care of exfoliating your skin without abrasion. You need do this for less than a minute, rinse your face and you're done. After that, your face is ready for whatever other products you may wish to apply. I apply the Tatcha Brightening Serum immediately afterwards while my skin is still damp - again only a couple of drops are needed. Then, I apply the Tatcha eye cream and either the Tatcha Moisture Rich Silk Cream or the Ageless Renewal Cream - my skin can handle either nicely. And I'm done. The results are soft, smooth, even-toned, hydrated skin that doesn't react all day or night. If you're on the fence about trying this, order the sampler set and give it a go.