Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Eyeliner - Blacquer

Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Eyeliner - Blacquer

3.5

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isohexadecane, Isododecane, Polyethylene, Synthetic Wax, Silica, Ceresin, Polyisobutene, Methicone, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499)

on 9/6/2018 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I went into Sephora looking for a retractable eyeliner and everyone was all about this, so I tried it! I just am not impressed! The thickness is to thick and gives you a bulky line. They offer a skinny one but it’s the same price for 1/2 the quantity, which I think is dumb. I will say it stays but you have to be sooo careful putting it on because it won’t move after it dries. Wouldn’t buy it again.

It doesn’t stay on at all. Forget about tightlining or putting this liner on the lower waterline, it won’t last for more than 2 hours. On the plus side, it’s intensely black and the packaging is luxe.
But overall it’s not worth the money.
Marc’ Matte Highliners are awesome and long lasting but the “regular” ones were disappointment. (I own three shades including Blacquer).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm a brown skinned (NC40-45) Indian girl who puts on a full face and treks 2 km to work in heat and humidity. Everything better hold up or I reach office looking like it's already the end of the day.
I tend to compare every black eyeliner in the world to my trusty Chambor Dazzle (twist-up pencil) and Catrice (gel pot) because they're black, stubbornly smudgeproof and cheap enough to do multiple swipes without going broke.
The Highliner is black enough and smudgeproof enough. That stunning silver pencil makes you feel like you're giving yourself a treat every time you use it. But there's so little bang for your buck that I'd stay with my older favourites - they do the same thing for less.
I can buy four Dazzles for the price of one Highliner. And I go through one entire Highliner at about the same speed.
So until Mr Jacobs changes his game, I'm not changing mine.

on 6/13/2018 2:01:00 AM

i purchased this as it was a recommended by a sales associate. I was looking for a black eyeliner for my waterline that will last and not give me "raccoon eyes". this eyeliner was exactly what I was looking for BUT i lost the cap and it dried out the tip :( luckily it didnt dry the whole liner. I had to cut off the tip to use the rest of it. so learn from me: do not lose the cap!! the price is pretty steep, but it is the only eyeliner that works well for me, especially for my waterline, so I'm willing. Currently using the second eyeliner.

on 5/20/2018 6:29:00 PM

Nooo, sorry. This smeared and transferred to my upper eyelid. I was hoping it would be as budgeproof as the other reviews here have claimed, but I have tried this on multiple occasions only to have it smear every single time. Just didn't work for me unfortunately.

on 5/20/2018 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had to register to join make up alley so I could leave a review for this product I was SO impressed.
As a contact lens wearer with oily skin I struggle to find an eyeliner that I can use on my waterline. I normally end up periodically wiping under my eyes all day to remove the black mess under my eyes and worse, have restricted sight as the day goes on as the eyeliner builds up on my lenses.
No more!
This eyeliner is brilliant. It stays put on the waterline through laughter, warm weather and even slicing onions. It’s a very nice, deep black to boot. I absolutely love this eyeliner. It also has a really handy push up mechanism so you don’t have to mess about with pencil sharpeners and it has a tip sharpener if you require precision. Just brilliant.

on 4/19/2018 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Loved the twinkle pop shadow stick so I got this, and it SUCKS. Consistency is supposed to be gel but dries out quickly and requires multiple "draggy" passes to build colour. Irritating on the waterline. I have black (plus various minis of the black for free from Sephora) and a full size navy colour as well. Will not repurchase!!!!

on 4/14/2018 1:23:00 AM

Great on waterlines. Comes in travel sizes. Both black and brown are good. Twist up. Downside is the price.this and nars larger than life eyeliner are my hg for my oily eyes! But ofcourse id pick nars over this hehe

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I've gone through three deluxe samples of this eyeliner. I really like it. At first I thought it was HG because it's the first liner I've every found that could stay in my waterline. This a satin creamy black. It does dry out a little in the container. It has excellent lasting power. I dries down pretty quick so you can't really make it too smoky/smudgy. My complaint is that it's a little thick so I have trouble getting my line fine enough on the inner third of my eye. I have been trying the Sephora contour pencil and that one has been really nice so I don't think I will repurchase this one. but it is a very good liner.

This is hands down the BEST crayon eyeliner EVER! I have tried many other brands, Lancôme, Dior, MakeUp Forever, and applying them to my waterline was a struggle, they were never black enough and never smooth enough. Those that were super black would also transfer and melt and make me look like a panda bear hours later.

Now this one - this one is PERFECT! Super smooth, makes the application absurdly easy. And it's as black as you can get, it doesn't melt and it's doesn't transfer. One more amazing product by Marc Jacobs!