Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Eyeliner - Blacquer

Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Eyeliner - Blacquer

3.6

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isohexadecane, Isododecane, Polyethylene, Synthetic Wax, Silica, Ceresin, Polyisobutene, Methicone, Rosa Canina Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499)

on 5/20/2018 6:29:00 PM

Nooo, sorry. This smeared and transferred to my upper eyelid. I was hoping it would be as budgeproof as the other reviews here have claimed, but I have tried this on multiple occasions only to have it smear every single time. Just didn't work for me unfortunately.

on 5/20/2018 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had to register to join make up alley so I could leave a review for this product I was SO impressed.
As a contact lens wearer with oily skin I struggle to find an eyeliner that I can use on my waterline. I normally end up periodically wiping under my eyes all day to remove the black mess under my eyes and worse, have restricted sight as the day goes on as the eyeliner builds up on my lenses.
No more!
This eyeliner is brilliant. It stays put on the waterline through laughter, warm weather and even slicing onions. It’s a very nice, deep black to boot. I absolutely love this eyeliner. It also has a really handy push up mechanism so you don’t have to mess about with pencil sharpeners and it has a tip sharpener if you require precision. Just brilliant.

on 4/19/2018 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Loved the twinkle pop shadow stick so I got this, and it SUCKS. Consistency is supposed to be gel but dries out quickly and requires multiple "draggy" passes to build colour. Irritating on the waterline. I have black (plus various minis of the black for free from Sephora) and a full size navy colour as well. Will not repurchase!!!!

on 4/14/2018 1:23:00 AM

Love this on the waterline. The ultra thin version is even better for that. Its creamy but stays put. I got oily lids ans nothing works. Def try it out they got trael sizes at sephora

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I've gone through three deluxe samples of this eyeliner. I really like it. At first I thought it was HG because it's the first liner I've every found that could stay in my waterline. This a satin creamy black. It does dry out a little in the container. It has excellent lasting power. I dries down pretty quick so you can't really make it too smoky/smudgy. My complaint is that it's a little thick so I have trouble getting my line fine enough on the inner third of my eye. I have been trying the Sephora contour pencil and that one has been really nice so I don't think I will repurchase this one. but it is a very good liner.

This is hands down the BEST crayon eyeliner EVER! I have tried many other brands, Lancôme, Dior, MakeUp Forever, and applying them to my waterline was a struggle, they were never black enough and never smooth enough. Those that were super black would also transfer and melt and make me look like a panda bear hours later.

Now this one - this one is PERFECT! Super smooth, makes the application absurdly easy. And it's as black as you can get, it doesn't melt and it's doesn't transfer. One more amazing product by Marc Jacobs!

on 3/4/2018 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got the Sephora birthday edition of this and it's awful. It worked at first, but then quickly got dry and hard. The packaging is cool, but I threw this away. Way too much tugging and no line.

on 2/18/2018 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This liner is ok. Just ok. It is kind of expensive but the packaging is nice and there seems to be quite a bit of product. It twists up easily. It didn't work very well for me because it didn't apply smoothly and looked kind of rough on my lids. The biggest issue I have with this is that it irritated my eyes. I really can't add any more because I have very sensitive eyes and this may not be the case with others. Also, there are many other brands of black eyeliner that are really good for much less money. I cannot use this, but it may work well for others who are less sensitive and more skilled with their application. Definitely would not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The best part of this liner is the packaging. It's sleek, it's easy to use, it rolls up product perfectly. All pencils that don't need sharpening should use this design. If you don't like super black liners, the black will work. But I've seen much darker and better performing liners, especially as this seems to have issues and can't be smudged well. It wore in about six hours, with a weird wear pattern, almost like when shadow skips on the lid. Overall this is a disappointment considering the brand and the price.

on 12/24/2017 11:57:00 PM

This eyeliner is SO soft and easy to work with!! It’s just a dream come true