E.L.F. High Definition Powder-Corrective Yellow

E.L.F. High Definition Powder-Corrective Yellow

3.7

SILICA AMORPHOUS, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER. ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS. (RATED LOWEST TOXIC FACE POWDER)

on 5/10/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't have any major complaints about the actual powder. It's finely milled, makes your skin feel and look very smooth and doesn't look chalky on your skin. The colour of the powder, however, is not for the fair skinned (I almost said "for the faint hearted" and yeah, maybe that too). I kind of suspected that it wouldn't work for me from the start, seeing I'm both fair and cold toned, but I took a shot at it anyway. Turns out I was right. It's a lot brighter in colour than I imagined, and I would suspect that you would need to be quite tan/deep in skin tone and with a warm undertone to pull it off.

The packaging is quite rubbish. It's bulky and takes up an annoying amount of space in my drawer and is, like others have said before me, a bit messy. I'll consider trying the "regular" High definition powder despite the packaging, since it's really affordable and I didn't mind the actual powder, but this one I don't know what to do with.

I bought this because it was said to be a dupe for Ben Nye's Banana. WRONG. I even watched a YouTube review of this stuff and it looked amazing. However, it did not work for me. No amount of moisturizer would get this yellow garbage to bake my face without me looking like I have jaundice (I know, not funny). But the yellow color is NEON and I just can't see this working well for anyone. I will never purchase again.

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I hated this product. I am very fair (nc15) and this powder is straight up yellow. I found it to look patchy and awful on me. i tried to use it as a setting powder and it is just gross. I don't feel like this corrects color at all. Just looks like yellow powder. Did not work at all at setting my makeup either. I immediately returned

on 2/19/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I dont understand the high rating for this product. To me it is simply the worst powder ive ever used in my entire life. Its cakey, patchy, goes on uneven and the bright yellow color makes your face look YELLOW and NOT in a good way. Dont get me wrong - Im all for color correcting but this one is just awful. Looks very unnatural you just can tell that youre wearing with makeup with it on coz its so obvious on your face. I have the ben nye bella luxury powder in banana and this one pales in comparison to that one. If youre ever contemplating on buying a yellow color correcting powder, dont think twice and just buy the ben nye one. Its more expensive but worth it. Im tossing this one away. Not repurchasing.

This product is amazing. Better then high end powder in my opinion. Stays matte ALL day with a beautiful brightening effect. Have nothing bad to say about this powder.

on 11/6/2015 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I paid around $15 USA dollars for this product thinking it was a more affordable version of Ben Nye’s Banana Powder, and also because the latter is not sold in my country. This pack only has 0.28 ounces, whereas the biggest Banana Powder bottle available has 3 oz., which means that to get the same amount I would’ve had paid almost 11 times more, making it $165 dollars! And since all E.L.F.’s products are made in China, the price is an even bigger issue.

Still, I decided to get this as a test to see if such powders could work for me.
The product is good to conceal my rosacea and the darkness under my eyes, but I also have a problem with very large and clogged pores, so when I add the powder it tints them yellow and makes them more visible.
It irritates my skin slightly, but the itching stops after a few minutes.

It’s not a bad product, but I should’ve gotten the original (Ben Nye) as it’s way cheaper, and perhaps has a better quality.

on 10/12/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really hate the packaging for this powder, but it holds such an amazing product. This powder gives a gorgeous soft finish. Does a great job of setting liquid product and keep me from looking cakey. It can work for heavier looks, natural looks, or completely on its own.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Just purchased today, a little put off by the neon yellow color. Compared to my Ben Nye banana powder, the consistency of this ELF powder is way more "fine. Going to use this for a few weeks and will be back with an update :)

********************************UPDATE***********************************************************

SOO Ive been using this for about two weeks now, my opinion is to just save your 6bucks for the Ben nye banana powder (if you're already a fan like me). Gets EVERYWHERE, also looks cakey and leaves a white cast. Its like it settles into the fine lines and pores I do have. It DOES look okay under my eyes after I highlight BUT I do need to come back with a setting powder that's my skin tone to help with the powdery finish. WILL NOT REPURCHASE

on 6/29/2015 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just poured what I have remaining in the HUGE jar into a small, travel sized jar with a screw top. It took me forever to use that much and the small pot I condensed it down to will probably honestly last at least one more year. I use this to set my undereye concealer and it works just great. I'm pretty liberal with it, I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender by patting it on, let it "cook" for a few minutes, then whisk the excess away with a fluffy brush. I always spray liberally with a setting spray to take away any of the powdery look. I use this on everyday occasions where I don't want to use my Anastasia yellow powder in the contour kit. This works pretty much the same but for a heck of a lot cheaper.

on 6/17/2015 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It can be messy I had powder everywhere. I don't like the little fluff applicator so I used a powder brush. I really love how it highlights I and I especially love the price.