CLARINS Beauty Flash Balm

CLARINS Beauty Flash Balm
Beauty Flash BalmClarins Beauty Flash BalmClarins Beauty Flash BalmBeauty Flash Balm

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Bisabolol, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Citrate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Coumarin, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, Limonene, Isoeugenol, Ci 15985/Yellow 6E.

Great moisturizer. Feels great on the skin, kinda balmy. I like using it over harsh retinoids. The skin in the morning is plump and smooth, not much irritation.

on 11/21/2018 12:09:00 PM

This is very hit or miss for me. I started using it over 20 yrs ago and seem to forget the cons and buy it intermittently. When it works it makes my skin dewy and luminous. Sometimes though my skin seems to 'overheat' when wearing it and I get red and blotchy. Like now, I put it on just before heading off to do some public speaking and the left side of my face is hot and red!

Like I said, hit or miss.

on 10/15/2018 4:55:00 AM

It is not a modern formula as it balls up if you put makeup on over it. So unless you do not wear makeup it is useless.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm still on the fence about this one. Pros: Its versatility! I can use this as not just a moisturizer, but a lip balm, mask, instant radiance boost (works only minimally for this purpose) and even to calm down redness on the rare occasion my skin flares up. The cons: it is definitely on the chemical-y side. There's a couple of plant extracts in here but that's about it. The rest are pretty unpronounceable and quite commonly seen in the Estee Lauder family of products. This was part of a samples package I purchased online and gave me the chance to try out many different products from Clarins.

All in all something I would use and probably continue to purely due to how versatile it is. I don't always have room to carry a separate mask and moisturizer etc when travelling and this ticks many boxes. However I am hoping the formulation is improved in the near future to make it more natural (it was already changed once not too long ago) which is a move I think would see a lot more people react better to it. Looking at some of the reviews below I can see quite a number of people not favoring the product for reasons of a skin reaction. Definitely room for improvement there.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/10/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Am I glad I discovered this - I feel like I've unearthed a several decades-long beauty secret.

Clarins claims this brightens, tightens, and adds radiance to the skin. The Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is a multitasking moisturizer AND primer (if you choose to wear makeup over it). You can go bare with this balm - it's essentially a facelift in a tube.

On days when I have a bloaty face, I press this balm on (don't rub this in!) and it tightens my skin and makes my jawline and cheeks sharper and more defined.

When I want to dress to impress, I add this to my makeup routine - applying it after my usual moisturizer and using it as a makeup base. My application focuses on my cheeks and jawline because that's where I experience the most bloating. This has a scent, but I personally find it alluring. It makes me feel high class.

I was reading on Nordstrom how women have stated that they've been using this balm for over 10+ years, which is incredibly inspiring because makeup and skincare nowadays feels very commercial and gimmicky.

I have yet to use this as a mask, mostly because I wear it underneath my makeup. It gives my makeup a dreamy look, and I look positively poreless - with the addition of a lifted effect. The balm helps my foundation melt into my skin. This is a really great product as, since recently I've gained a bit of weight, it keeps my face looking fabulous.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a few sample size tubes in an online order for other beauty products and thought ok, they might be good for travel instead of hauling my usual moisturizers, etc with me. What a mistake to not try this out first at home! There is so much fragrance in this balm that it makes me gag. It’s not as if it has a nice scent either. It’s 1970’s old lady skincare smell. Texture is thick - and I don’t mind that if I like the product - but this one is really greasy and unpleasant on the skin. The only other flash balm product I have (and can compare it to) is the Pixi Rose Flash Balm which is much nicer in my opinion. Total fail for me.

on 5/5/2018 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve had this product for some time and rarely reach for it. I don’t see the difference when I use this as other reviewers have stated. For me it’s just ‘meh’. It evens out texture, makeup applies nicely over it but I don’t notice any thing over and beyond.. I’m a big fan of Clarins products but this one really doesn’t do much for me... #leavesmeonthefence

on 12/19/2017 2:34:00 AM

I purchased a small tube of this online (15 ml / 0.5 Oz) and I use such a small amount each time that it will last forever. When I finish this tube I'll buy another small one.

For me, there are two cons to this product. First, I'm not completely clear as to what it is - is it a primer? a moisturizer? I find that products that are not well-defined will be less used... The second con is the warnings on it (you'll find warnings online as well), such as 'don't use this too many times a week', or as it says on the package itself, 'apply without rubbing in'.

Once we get past these two cons, this product is insane. I use it as a primer for times when I want my makeup to look flawless. A pea-sized amount suffices to my entire face (I use it on mainly on my T-zone and pore zone next to the nose). It's creamy and feels luxurious, and it makes my skin look photo-shopped.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have had this for a while but never used it until the other day. I had a late night and had to meet someone for breakfast. Looked dreadful. Then I remembered this stuff. It does exactly what it says it does. Made me look 100 per cent better.

I like lot of Clarins products but this did nothing for me and just sat on top of my skin, not absorbing at all. It sounded so perfect but didn't agree with my skin type.