Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Chickadee

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

So I'm writing this review, but I actually don't own this shade anymore. Better late than never...
This is a light to medium very yellow orange. It's a cool color but I never used it. When I did I used it in the crease. I have other crease shades I like much more. This one is one of the better formulated Makeup Geek shadows. It's matte, a little powdery but it blends well. If this is the kind of shade you like, go for it. I took a lippie off because while the formula is fine, it's no 5/5.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

What a beautiful and different transition colour. Blends beautifully and matches so many different shades. At this price you can't go wrong.

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this shade, I use it with bitten and other strong brown and burgundy colors to soften the outer V and warm up the look. I use this almost everyday and definitely recommend this if you are new the the MUG shadows and are looking to buy something unique. I own a ton of palettes but this color is not included in any.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't realize just how much I would love this shade...but it is a stand out eye shadow in my collection! It is such a beautiful shade! Adds depth to warm looks and blends out deeper warm looks well. My favorite look with this is to wear it with shades of gold! Beautiful!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome and unique shade. Love it as a semi-transition shade with another rich shade in the crease.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A soft and pigmented marigold shade that doesn't kick up too much powder or fallout. Chickadee is an extremely rare shade that's only seen in professional cosmetic brands you have to order by mail or catalog. The only brand that might come close is Make Up For Ever.
I wanted to get out of a comfort zone for fall and this is definitely a place to start. It goes well with other warm shades like Cocoa Bear or Bitten, and you can mix this into other browns to change the tone easily. If it's not blending well for you, then you need another primer or a base shade of ivory/bone to help it blend. I'd stay away from very sticky primers for MUG's matte shades, but the shimmers and metallics work with one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this color was god awful when you put it on the eye, hard to blend

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a wonderful color matte yellow orange eyeshadow. This works very well with Maybelline's Fierce and Tangy Color Tattoo as a base primer for this color, staying power. When I want more than just a simple lide color I add MAC's Amber Lights and Rule for a subtle crease color.