Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Chickadee

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This intensely orange shade looks a little bit intimidating at first, but it's actually a pretty great and workable shade. While it is true to pan, you can definitely soften it too, depending on how you use it. If you like MUG's Creme Brulee (a favourite of mine), I'd say this is a turned up version of that shade. I use it both for warming up the crease, transitioning in a warm look, and even for the outer V. I have the MUG duochrome shade Mai Tai, a peach/pink shade that I think goes really well with this shade in the outer V.

It is a little powder-y, like many matte MUG shadows seem to be, but I don't think fallout is a problem if you have a light hand. Don't swirl your brush around in the pan too much, and focus on patting the shadow on, and you won't have to worry about using it after the rest of your face is done.

+ Cruelty free
+ Great pigment
+ Easy to blend
+ Almost creamy to the touch

- Kicks up a little bit of powder (though I personally haven't had a problem with fallout when using it)
- I have noticed it staining my skin the slightest bit when swatched on the back of my hand. Used on top of primer I haven't noticed any staining, though

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This color is very beautiful. It is true to pan and blends well.

I have two cons with this product. First, there is quite a bit of fallout with this shadow. I would recommend doing your eyes first and then your base when using this shadow. Secondly, it stained my skin. After washing my face with cleanser and a wipe, there was still a yellow hue to my eyelids! I had to use a Q-tip with lotion to remove the shadow. I haven't had this experience with non-Makeup Geek shadows.

That being said, for my budget and the product, I would buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

So I'm writing this review, but I actually don't own this shade anymore. Better late than never...
This is a light to medium very yellow orange. It's a cool color but I never used it. When I did I used it in the crease. I have other crease shades I like much more. This one is one of the better formulated Makeup Geek shadows. It's matte, a little powdery but it blends well. If this is the kind of shade you like, go for it. I took a lippie off because while the formula is fine, it's no 5/5.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

What a beautiful and different transition colour. Blends beautifully and matches so many different shades. At this price you can't go wrong.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this shade, I use it with bitten and other strong brown and burgundy colors to soften the outer V and warm up the look. I use this almost everyday and definitely recommend this if you are new the the MUG shadows and are looking to buy something unique. I own a ton of palettes but this color is not included in any.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't realize just how much I would love this shade...but it is a stand out eye shadow in my collection! It is such a beautiful shade! Adds depth to warm looks and blends out deeper warm looks well. My favorite look with this is to wear it with shades of gold! Beautiful!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome and unique shade. Love it as a semi-transition shade with another rich shade in the crease.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A soft and pigmented marigold shade that doesn't kick up too much powder or fallout. Chickadee is an extremely rare shade that's only seen in professional cosmetic brands you have to order by mail or catalog. The only brand that might come close is Make Up For Ever.
I wanted to get out of a comfort zone for fall and this is definitely a place to start. It goes well with other warm shades like Cocoa Bear or Bitten, and you can mix this into other browns to change the tone easily. If it's not blending well for you, then you need another primer or a base shade of ivory/bone to help it blend. I'd stay away from very sticky primers for MUG's matte shades, but the shimmers and metallics work with one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this color was god awful when you put it on the eye, hard to blend

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a wonderful color matte yellow orange eyeshadow. This works very well with Maybelline's Fierce and Tangy Color Tattoo as a base primer for this color, staying power. When I want more than just a simple lide color I add MAC's Amber Lights and Rule for a subtle crease color.