3.4

price range

Reviews

1.0

2 years ago

I have sensitive, rosacean, acne-prone skin that in the winter months is as dry as an old bone. I have a few moisturizers I really like but I have always wanted to try a snail mucin product after reading so many glowing reviews. I tried a sample of this and fell in love with how it smoothed out my uneven skin tone and left my skin plumped and moist but not greasy. After two days I bought the full size jar on the missha USA site. After using it for several days in a row, the alcohol and perfume in this started causing my rosacea to flare. I have no idea why the sample worked so beautifully but the full size results in flaming face, but that's what happened. It was $50 w/ tax/shipping and I used it a handful of times so I decided to return it. Big sad face: I had not realized that Missha does not accept returns of opened products. Doubling the sadness: I had also bought the Super Aqua snail BB cream after reading a positive review. That one made me look like an Oompa Loompa/ a certain president whom I do not wish to resemble. Altogether I'm out $80 bucks for this misadventure in snail goo. Thanks a lot Missha, whoever you are.

About reviewer (504 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

Might have lightened my skin tone, but it lacks a soothing quality to it.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

5 years ago

I have started using this with the essence and it has made my skin super soft and silky, bright, moisturised and plump. I had oily acne prone skin with dry spots and it has improved these greatly and also has made my skin clear and glowing. I have not seen much improvement in my acne marks and scars yet nor my blackheads but I have not been using that long and I guess that is a gradual thing. It is light and soaks into the skin quickly and easily and it has a light floral/herbal smell which is refreshing. Overall reccomended!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

from

6 years ago

Ever since I started using the entire snail line from Missha, my skin has totally transformed. I never really had any huge problems with breakouts besides the occasional zit here and there but my skin was dull with some very annoying acne scars. After using the snail line however, my skin is so plump, moisturized and healthy looking! My acne scars have definitely faded a LOT, some of them are completely gone and the rest are on their way there. The pores on my nose look smaller and my blackheads have significantly reduced. I don't even wear foundation or BB cream anymore because I don't need it. I would 1000000% repurchase!!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBlack

from

6 years ago

Missha known for has great product in a right price suits with their quality. Not low-end skincare, but not expensive as the high-end brands. First time i tried this snail cream, i fell in love. I used this at night, and when it's next morning my face is super okay! I woke up without oily face, but my face looks healthier, feeling beautiful when i woke up :D

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

6 years ago

This is a new product for me but I had to come on here ASAP and give my review. It took me a while to settle on which snail cream I wanted to buy. I checked out the various brands on the market, read reviews and finally settled on the Missha snail line and bought the full gift set. My only complaint about this product and the reason I'm giving four stars is the strong fragrance. It's a bit overpowering and I find this is often the case with Korean skin care products. But, for me, this cream has so far done everything it promises to do. Put it this way... Since starting this cream a week ago and using the full snail line from Missha, I've not worn a drop of my usual bb cream because I haven't needed to! My skin is glowing and plump and I dare say its looked better than it has in years (and I'm normally a user of some very pricey skin care). I wake up with beautiful, moist and even skin. My pores look smaller and the large cyst like pimple I had last week from that hormonal time of month was gone in 3 days with minimal mark left behind. The cream can be heavy if you apply too much--use it sparingly. It's also not a good choice for those who dislike strong fragrance. However I'm happy to ignore the fragrance because of the excellent results I've seen so far on my skin.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

2.0

7 years ago

**UPDATED REVIEW** After using a whole jar of this, I have to say that I have noticed no change whatsoever in my skin. Yes it goes on and feels refreshing, it absorbs fast and only leaves a little bit of residue, but with hindsight I don't think this has any benefits. Firstly, jar packaging I believe is useless, a pump bottle would have been far more appropriate. Secondly (and more importantly) alcohol is listed as the third ingredient. That much alcohol allows for a product to have a weightless feel, but at the detriment of your skin which can become irritated. I wouldn't buy this again not only because of the high amount of alcohol but because it just does nothing for me. I don't wake up with brighter, plumped up skin after using this overnight. My skin has not changed one bit (but at least it didn't break me out). I wouldn't recommend this product due to the damage that the alcohol can do to your skin. **ORIGINAL REVIEW**This is a very lightweight clear gel cream, I was surprised at the texture when I first tried it. I thought it would be a thick heavy cream (due to my very dry/combination skin I was actually hoping it was a nourishing and thick cream) but in fact it has a light, weightless texture with a light floral fragrance. I normally can't stand anything with fragrance but this is hardly noticeable once applied. It sinks in quite fast leaving a slight film but without stickiness. In fact my skin feels silky and hydrated. This doesnt ball up on my face if i apply more than one layer, which a lot of creams do. I will update this review when I have used the entire jar (and I wish this was in a pump bottle and not a jar for hygiene reasons) to see if this really improves my skin with continued use. The Missha website states: "Contains 70% Snail Slime Extract for extra soothing and hydrating effects. This lightweight cream renews and triggers the regeneration of the skin. Baobab Tree Extract and Deep Sea Water Complex provide abundant amount of moisture to skin." Ingredients: Snail Slime Extract, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Ethanol, Baobab Tree Extract, Bis-PEG-18methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Arbutin, PEG-11 Methyl Ether Dimethicone, Deep Sea Water, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Centella Asiatica Meristem Cell Culture, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Perfume

About reviewer (1232 reviews)

Age30-35