Hurraw! Night Treatment Lip Balm Blue Chamomile Vanilla

4.4

on 8/17/2017 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I very rarely believe the hype or claims for products, but I have to say, this stuff actually does work.
I have incredibly dry, flaky lips that I don’t help by constantly chewing and picking at. I applied this before bed last night and it’s pretty much repaired my lips overnight. They’re still a little dry, but the flakiness is gone which is quite impressive for one application. I also like that the smell is pleasant, but not strong and there’s no flavour to speak of.

on 5/8/2016 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was dealing with ultra chapped lips a few months ago, and this lip balm saved my lips! I use it at bedtime and wake up with hydrated lips, HURRAW!

Pros:
Incredibly moisturizing, applies easily
Organic, vegan, cruelty-free, & raw
Pleasant vanilla chamomile scent

Cons:
Price (~$4)

Little note: Hurraw! also seems like the sweetest company. I ordered directly from their website, and they threw in a free lip balm, just cause! My invoice was also marked up with cute comments about my "flavor" choices, and a very nice thank you note. I love when a company goes the extra step to show they care about a customer!

on 7/8/2015 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Only one of my FAVOURITE lip balms. Smells lovely, applies like a dream amd actually lasts the night to protect and nourish your lips. I'm on my 2nd or 3rd one? Always rebuy

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

my most fave of all the hurraw balms. it's slightly more $ than the others but worth it imo. the scent is soothing & relaxing & it feels very hydrating to me. i use it every night & always wake up w/ soft lips. great stuff from a great company.

on 10/22/2014 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

After using the cherry version to my full satisfaction I bought this one for the night. Very good basic lip balm without any nasty ingredients. I love the Shea butter one from L'Occitane just slightly more, and as we have a store here I do grab that more.

on 9/21/2014 11:19:00 AM

Hurraw! Night Treatment Balm AKA Moon Balm glides on smoothly without any grainy or sticky feeling. Scented with a light Blue Chamomile Vanilla scent, Hurraw! Moon Balm goes on your lips with the least amount of effort. What I really like about it is that it is really thick and balmy which helps assure you that your lips have enough protection throughout your 8 hours of sleep.

Read more details on the night balm and see pitures of it here: http://ireviewuread.com/post/97948511058/2-steps-night-regime

Psst. Win yourself one HUrraw! lip balm here: http://ireviewuread.com/post/96278611523/ireviewuread-2nd-anniversary-giveaway

on 5/22/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

As a lip-balm fanatic, and a constant sufferer of dry, chapped lips, I bought this lip balm because of all the hype. It is very hard to source it in NZ, so ordered off iHerb. It comes in an elliptical packaging which I genuinely love because it doesn't pop out of my jeans pocket, unlike other round-tubed ones.

In terms of the actual product, the scent is lovely - it reminds me of the chocolate whipstick one from LUSH. However, the taste is slightly yucky and overpowering. It is very moisturising at first, and goes on lovely on dry lips. However, the moisture does not last very long, and can feel slightly "grainy" after a while, and I have to re-apply fairly quickly. I think the Maybelline Baby Lips does a way better job than this.

I have to give it props for being all organic and cruelty-free, but in terms of performance it's no better than your average lip balm. I'd say the main reason for all the hype is because of the novelty factor of the tube and the use of raw ingredients - so if you care about that, then you might like to give this a try. Very reasonably priced too (~$4 NZ).

This is a very good lipbalm that does what it's supposed to. I actually use it during the day too. It's creamy and not very thick like some "lip treatments" can be. Absolutely not grainy or sticky/waxy! It sinks right in and is really moisturizing. Compared to regular Hurraw balms (I really like those) this one has a thicker consistency. I think it's especially suitable for cold weather. The scent is delicious vanilla and cocoa butter and not at all overpowering. I can't smell the chamomile at all, but it's nice to know it's one of the ingredients, because it's known for its calming properties. I really like the the packaging too, the flat shape and the design. It's simply nice to look at. Overall this is a good product, with great natural ingredients, suitable for vegans, and sold by a company with a transparent ethical policy.

on 10/26/2013 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

In spite of its name, Hurraw! Night Treatment Lip Balm is more of a daytime chapstick. If you're looking for a basic lip balm for everyday, it's a nice option, with some beautiful oils. The slim, elliptical tube is pleasing to the eye, feels silky-smooth without greasiness or waxiness, and for the nose, a vanillic cocoa butter scent (mine has no hint of chamomile's distinct dried-apple aroma---reformulation perhaps?). But "thick, creamy, and rich"? Nah. It's serviceable, but don't expect it to be a formula nourishing enough for severely chapped lips.

INGREDIENTS: Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, *Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, ***Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, **Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, **Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, *Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, *Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, *Argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, *Rosa rubiginosa (rosehip) seed oil, *Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, Tocopherols (vitamin e), **Vanilla planifolia (vanilla) bean, ***Myroxylon balsamum (peru balsam) oil, Matricaria recutita (blue chamomile) flower extract

on 10/11/2013 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff is awesome. My lips had become insanely chapped (from using drying lipstick & a change in the weather/humidity). I was obsessively applying Aquaphor and every other lip balm I own & nothing helped. I got this & after 2 nights (and mornings), my lips were back to normal.
But aside from how well it works, the packaging is also super cute & the product smells really good. I love this stuff!
This was my first Hurraw product but I plan to buy more in the future