Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II
Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex IIAdvanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

3.5

Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE [] METHYL GLUCETH-20 [] PEG-75 [] BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] PROPANEDIOL [] COLA ACUMINATA (KOLA) SEED EXTRACT [] HYDROLYZED ALGIN [] PANTETHINE [] CAFFEINE [] LECITHIN [] TRIPEPTIDE-32 [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] SODIUM RNA [] BISABOLOL [] GLYCERETH-26 [] SQUALANE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] LACTOBACILLUS FERMENT [] OLETH-3 [] OLETH-5 [] ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) [] YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE [] CHOLETH-24 [] HYDROGENATED LECITHIN [] CETETH-24 [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] CARBOMER [] TRIETHANOLAMINE [] TRISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] XANTHAN GUM [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] RED 4 (CI 14700) [] YELLOW 5 (CI 19140)

on 12/14/2018 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got tiny bumps all over my face the very first time I used it. Never tried it again. Colossal waste of money!

on 11/25/2018 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

They have changed the formula and the new one is just a waste of money.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am a 32 year old woman who has always used good quality skin care. Clearly at 30s skin is ageing so you can't expect miracles, but on the whole my skin isn't too bad.

Have been using this product for about 6 weeks now along with RESILIENCE LIFT firming face and neck cream and unfortunately i haven't seen any improvement on fine lines / wrinkles, although my skin is very soft....but I think it was soft before I started using these products.

I am not saying it doesn't work but as yet, no difference. I will continue using these products as maybe 6 weeks isn't long enough to see changes in my skin.

Fingers crossed, hopefully in 6 months time I will post a new review saying this product is a miracle.

The ESTÉE LAUDER Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II is a decent serum provided 1. you don't have acne prone skin, and 2. you don't have significant symptoms of aging you are looking to reverse. The serum is a slightly liquid texture that dries to a slightly tacky finish- which is why you'd probably want to use this in the evening. This does contain several ingredients that can cause acne- despite marketing claiming this is acnegenic (such as butelyne glycol, tocepherol acetate, algin, squalane). The formula is just okay. For the price I expect more state of the art ingredients and antioxidants, there are definitely more impressive products out there. I'm glad that Estee Lauder didn't include fragrance in it's formula. The only thing that really makes this a "night" serum is that it sets to a somewhat tacky finish, there aren't any ingredients that specifically work better at night. I will definitely finish my bottles of this product but I wouldn't spend the $70-$100 to repurchase it. That being said, I really love, and will continue to repurchase my First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum. My video review can be seen here:

on 9/23/2018 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have never wanted to spend a lot of money on fancy department store skincare products. However, I received a sample of this product and my mind has been changed. I am 38 years old and I am beginning to have fine lines and dryness around my eye areas. I have begun to use an additional product (beyond my all over facial moisturizer) to treat this area. This is one of the better products I have used. The light serum texture instantly absorbs into the skin and leaves the area feeling very smooth and moisturized. I have extremely sensitive skin, and have experienced ZERO redness or discomfort from this product. In order to be truly effective, I believe these type of products need to be used on a DAILY basis, and this gentleness of this product certainly allows that. What precludes this product from getting a 5 rating from me is of course the price. The initial cost of this product is high and one would have to make a trip to the mall in order to purchase it, However, because one only needs to use a small amount to the product, once you overcome the initial expense, it does pay for itself.

Ease of Application
The applicator allots the perfect dose for each application

Scent
As someone with sensitive skin, I enjoy the barely there scent of the product «

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I first used this when back in my early twenties and ANR was still the original formula - before it underwent god knows how many reincarnations. Back then I used to find it would help a little with the odd pimple/blemish mark that would appear every few weeks but did little else for my skin concerns. I was primarily using it in the hopes of some sort of defense against future ageing, but I can't say whether or not it did achieve anything as once the bottle ran out I used other products and then recently thought why not give it another go?

So onto the latest version 'Synchronized Recovery Complex II'. I don't know if it's the fact that 'Tocopherol Acetate' (Vitamin E) has been pushed down to 30th place on ingredients list (used to be 13th), or whether it's because 'Retinyl Palmitate (an ester of Vitamin A) has been completely removed from the new version, but this one is not doing anything for blemishes whatsoever and I've been using it for over a month. It makes sense as both of those ingredients, especially Vitamin A in any form are known to help fade blemishes.

Add to that a whole host of new and unpronounceable ingredients and that probably explains why if anything I'm getting even more breakouts since trialing this...although which one (or more) of the many new ingredients is the culprit I couldn't say! Not sure why they just couldn't let a good thing be and have to change/ruin it?

Edit: Originally used and wrote the above in May 2017 - but didn't upload it here, had it saved to my notepad. Have recently (July 2018) tried again but for a shorter period and somehow this time around it did show a difference on a small acne mark on my chin, not as significant as with the older formulation but definitely more than when initially using. Not sure if its potency increases over time or if there's some other logic behind that...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/25/2018 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got suckered into this by Instagram marketing. A British magazine editor uses this and has great skin so I thought I'd give it a try. I should have known better. It didn't cause me any problems, but it also didn't provide any results or visible difference in my skin. At this price-point, I prefer to use cosmeceutical type brands with stronger actives (e.g. SkinMedica, Revision, etc).

on 8/2/2018 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Tried this given its so famous and popular. On the plus side it didn’t give me spots, and did slightly reduce the appearance of my pore size and my skin seemed very slightly more even. But I didn’t see any other improvement in my skin, it was no more moisturised or youthful. In summary I didn’t get enough out of it to warrant a nightly application.

on 7/15/2018 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is expensive. It was also a fave of mine for years until now. It's not as effective as it once was. I could apply this to my face at night and wake up to a noticeable difference. Now it just seems okay, and at a time I need it to be as effective as it was before but it's not working as well for some reason so I won't be buying this again. It was nice while it lasted though.

on 7/9/2018 5:23:00 PM

I have very sensitive skin and during the first two nights i used it my skin did improved alot...even my friends noticed my skin was more supple, clear and smooth....but after kept using it for 4 nights...the irritations start to begin....i started to get bumps/pimples on my face....after i stopped using it then my skin is okay again...