Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

3.6

Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE [] METHYL GLUCETH-20 [] PEG-75 [] BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] PROPANEDIOL [] COLA ACUMINATA (KOLA) SEED EXTRACT [] HYDROLYZED ALGIN [] PANTETHINE [] CAFFEINE [] LECITHIN [] TRIPEPTIDE-32 [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] SODIUM RNA [] BISABOLOL [] GLYCERETH-26 [] SQUALANE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] LACTOBACILLUS FERMENT [] OLETH-3 [] OLETH-5 [] ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) [] YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE [] CHOLETH-24 [] HYDROGENATED LECITHIN [] CETETH-24 [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] CARBOMER [] TRIETHANOLAMINE [] TRISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] XANTHAN GUM [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] RED 4 (CI 14700) [] YELLOW 5 (CI 19140)

on 8/22/2017 2:24:00 AM

I used this serum throughout my twenties and was very happy with it. Entering my thirties, I decided to experiment with different formulas and ingredients from retinoids to Hydroxy Acids. I'm afraid the two latter put ANR to shame. I am now 37 and bought this after about 7-8 years of using other formulas. I remembered it was a very decent product worth the steep pricetag, but I remembered wrong (it was just my very young skin doing the work). My skin is used to stonger performers now and this is, frankly, a h u g e disappointment. I would classify it as a medium-performer that moisturises and conditions adequately. For this price, I expect so much (much) more. Not worth buying, in my opinion.

on 7/17/2017 5:51:00 AM

This is a must-have for those who are using the Double Wear foundation, I can't use the foundation without this product.
I've always wanted to try this out but it was too expensive so I've tried other serums and sad to say, even Kiehl's serum didn't do anything after months of using it. I love the glow that this product leaves on the skin, my skin looks plumped and moisturized but not oily.

on 7/2/2017 2:54:00 AM

LOVE this product it helps with acne and tightening my skin.

I love the feel and results of this serum. My face is so greasy that I don't use moisturizer but this works well to keep my skin from getting tight. I use it twice a day and I love how my skin glows. Its very expensive which is why I subtracted one lippy.

on 3/23/2017 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Tried a sample that came with GWP. Awful. It didn't moisturize at all. My skin actually felt drier and it irritated my sensitive skin. Definitely a 'no' on this one.

Overall 'mer' product. Over hyped and over priced.

I don't see a difference in my skin and i don't feel like it improves my skin.

Does the job of a basic moisturiser. However, it does sink in quickly.

EDIT - 7/11/17 - Since I stopped using this product in February, my skin has become brighter, smoother, and softer. And now that my skin has improved I am ready to find my replacement serum. - FIN

This is one of the first serums I ever purchased after a GWP. It is nice, absorbs well, minimal earthy scent which I didn't notice after a few minutes. I remember it changing my perspective on serums - illuminating the benefits of additional steps.

I splurged at Christmas for the full sized bottle. While this is okay, I know now I won't repurchase. I have found products that leave my skin softer, brighter, more comfortable. I don't know if Estee Lauder has changed in the last few years but my skin definitely has. I have been trying to use this up ever since. Morning and evening. Face, neck, decollete. Alas, it may last all year as I haven't even put a dent in it.

By no means do I see this as a bad product, but DHC is a much better brand. In the last 10 years, I have moved away from Estee Lauder brands almost completely for various reasons including animal testing stances, discontinuing the best products (or re-branding) at a higher price point, and just not being worth the money. Their products are over-rated, overpriced, and consumers have way more quality options available everywhere. Even earthy, natural options at natural food stores or Garden of Wisdom perform better than this so I would opt for one of them before Advanced Night Repair.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ohhhhhh god! Finally found my skinsaver - worth the money (i always buy it on sale) LOVE IT

Started with a sample and my skin was changed during the night - i have never felt my skin this way before so I got the 50 ml..magic in a bottle

on 1/9/2017 4:31:00 AM

Worst breakout ever had!!!! Even worst than when I was start to use retin a!!!!! I used it for two weeks and noticed my pores became really clogged. Stopped using it and a nightmare of breakout around my jawline where I never experienced. Now, two months passed, I'm still having angry breakout around the same area. Seems like every pore needs to clean itself by forming a zit.... Now I left with so many red marks and some pit scars :( I will never use anything from this company again after this experience!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ok, so I am a rational, strong and intelligent woman. Not only that, I am also a scientist., Yet, Estee Lauder has been able to fool me many a time recently. I have actually tried this product a couple of years ago, hated and it and returned but somehow I tried again. In my defense I was pretty desperate because my skin reacted to a product and was peeling, dry and angry. So I thought I'd try this due its innocuous ingredient list and the many good reviews.

I honestly struggle to believe that this product has been so popular for so many decades. I read that this serum used to contain retinol. That could explain its success. I cannot imagine why EL would remove the retinol, the only ingredient in the formulation which can repair anything, and still call it "Advanced night repair" and still charge an arm and a leg for it.

So this serum has bifida ferment lysate.... Bifidobacterium is a genus of anaerobic bacteria which is part of the normal intestinal flora, it's part of the so called "good bacteria". In the gut, Bifidobacterium competes with potential pathogens for adhesion sites and "food" sources, thus helping us. It also helps us to break down certain substances. Perhaps on the skin it could compete with Propionibacterium acnes to help us with acne! But it can't. Firstly, it's an anaerobic microorganism, so it can't do anything on the skin because it will die (it doesn't "like" oxygen). Secondly, the serum doesn't contain bacteria but the lysate (you place bacteria into a tube, add a series of reagents, heat it up for 10 minutes, the bacterial cells burst, centrifuge it, you are left with a solution which contains all of the bits of the bacteria). Now, how can bits of dead bacteria help the skin? Ok, it was fermented as well, but don't get too excited because that's what many bacteria do, they ferment sugars to feed themselves. See where this is going? I am not going to swear hand on heart that this ingredient doesn't work, it might do. I am also not saying that there isn't any research on it. I looked briefly on pubmed and couldn't find anything, but I didn't look into it properly. What I am saying is that there is probably a lot more hype around this ingredient that what it deserves. Of course it might well be that this ingredient does many good things to many people, who knows?

On the positive side, the serum doesn't contain silicones which is nice and is fragrance free. The bottle, however, is as pretensions as the name. I mean, a dropper? Does EL think it looks scientific? Maybe it did in the 20s but these days no one uses droppers in labs. They are not accurate at all and they are messy. In fact, the white top came off from the rest of the lid and then my serum wouldn't close.... So the product was exposed to air... I e-mailed EL, they said they'd send me a new one within 7 days but it's been at least a couple of weeks and nothing.

Effects: I used this serum every night for just over two months. As I said my skin was sensitized when I started using it and I must admit it did help get it back on tract. But then this is not miraculous. Skin repairs itself normally, without products. We have a very competent immune system which includes a series of "professional healers". The product might help by soothing, but it won't do the repair itself. And yes, it did help. It made my skin look nicer in the morning (as in more glowy). A month in I was delighted because my monthly gigantic deep chin cyst didn't show... So I thought this was the reason, but unfortunately this month I got a huge throbing one. I think this serum was making my skin dehydrated, though it could be a combination of harsh weather and my oil free moisturiser not cutting it anymore. I had some past breakout marks which look exactly the same as they did. Interestingly, it made little breakouts heal faster but it also seemed to cause me those little breakouts (since they stopped when I stopped using this serum).

Overall, I think this serum is seriously overrated. EL has better products, in my opinion, but of course, every brands needs a "signature product" and I suppose this is theirs. It's not bad by any means but to me it wasn't great. In theory it would be better for people who are trying to prevent signs of aging (without the retinol I don't really think this can correct signs of aging). To be honest, at least EL often use ingredients which have a great potential to work (or have been shown to work). Whereas many brands use random extracts which do absolutely nothing apart from irritating and flaring up the skin. In the big scheme of things, EL products also seem to be quite gentle, especially for the amount of antixiodants they use. I've found brands with a similar load of antioxidants to be harsher (e.g. Paula's Choice, Clinique).

Edit 31.03.17
Este Lauder actually sent me a new bottle, so I gave it another try. No, it does nothing for me other than drying my skin out a bit.