Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions UV Interception SPF50+ PA+++ (Vital Orange)

3.9

on 5/27/2016 9:34:00 AM

Product - I've been really pleased with Skin79's BB creams - VIP Hot Pink Super+ has been my go-to for the summer and VIP Gold Super+ in the winter. I've decided to try some of the other formulas to see how they compare.
The Vital Orange formula is intended for oily, blemished skin and features strong UV protection (SPF50, the highest SPF in the line). The texture is nice and creamy, and really good coverage even though it's not particularly thick. It does feels slightly heavy on my skin, which I suppose goes hand in hand with the full coverage. This also means that it tends gather under and enhance dry patches of skin.
As to the usual BB cream claims, I don't have any major skin issues (other than occasional dry patches on my nostrils) so I can't attest to any whitening, healing, or preventative properties. I like to wear a TM or BB cream just to even out my coloring. Since I don't need a ton of coverage, and we live in a very dry climate, I blend this 50/50 with my a daily moisturizer before applying - and even so this formulation still is too thick (coverage-wise) for my needs.
The color is a light yellowish peach out of the tube, but it seems to work alright for me right now (NC20 at the end of winter), especially since I blend it with moisturizer - but it may be too light once the summer sun deepens my skin to NC25.

Comparisons - Colorwise, all of the Skin79 BB creams work well for me - I'm in their target demographic after all, AAB, with NC25 coloring for reference. Vital Orange is the lightest color of the ones I've liked (a full shade lighter than Hot Pink, Gold, Purple, and Snail), and offer the most coverage. It feels and wears through the day like Hot Pink.

Overall - Vital Orange has more coverage than I need for everyday, and is perhaps a shade too light straight out of the bottle for me. I'd recommend this to paler warm-toned gals looking for good coverage. continued >>

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love Skin 79 bb creams, they're my favorite. This one matches my fair skin with yellow undertones really well. I can't do the pink toned/ashy bb creams bc I have a lot of yellow in my skin. This also has high coverage but feels better than a foundation. I only took a lippie off because I prefer the snail or vip gold bb creams from skin 79 just because they feel better on my skin than this one. But if I'm looking for high coverage, I'd reach for this.

To Read all 101 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/5/2016 9:31:00 PM

I was very excited to try this because of its supreme ingredients. Had to guess about which color would be best for my skin tone. I chose 'Vital Orange' and it was perfect. Highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. Coverage is full, but depending on numerous of layers you like. I am an Irish redhead with fair skin and this even covers my freckles. Thanks!

on 2/1/2016 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This feels great on my skin, but unfortunately it was waaaaay too white for me. I bought it because I read some reviews stating it had a warm/yellow undertone while being very fair, which is really weird because usually fair shades have pink undertones.
I have very fair skin with a warm/yellow undertone, so I thought this would be perfect. Sadly the yellow was nowhere to be found, it is almost completely gray and horribly white on me, and I'm usually the lightest shade in every bb cream/foundation!

This is a good BB I have the pink and the gold and was interested in trying others from this company. At first when I bought it I was like oh no a yellow undertone I'm an NW so I was like this won't work. But I realized I'm always colour correcting with yellow for my redness and bluing under my eyes this might work to make some of the redness not show though after I apply powder. My skin issues are minimal occasional spot and a lot of blotchy ness. If you touch me I'll turn pink. So it's a battle to cover it.

So I was like I can make this work and lo and behold I used it befor my Laura Gellar brighten and balance powder and my skin looked so normal and healthy. The formula has a lot of coverage for a Bb cream so I only need a small amount and it gives me a very smooth Demi matte finish. My skin feels very comfortable with this one and I'm combo skinned. I think this is geared towards those that are blemish prone and that's me. I always am oily and dry so it's a balancing act but this works well. I used this in the early am till now and no need to blot or retouch at all.

This is surprisingly really good for my skin it hasn't accented dry spots or any left over hormonal spots. The sunscreen in this is great and since I use AHAs at night I appreciate this. I will definitely repurchase this. Recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was able to apply this BB cream easily with my fingers. It provided good coverage and lasted on my skin for a good 7 hours. Unfortunately, overtime this BB cream highlights flakiness, became patch and sunk into my pores :(

on 7/8/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade: Very pale (below NC20) with a yellow undertone

If you are pale but you have a warm, yellow undertone to your skin like me the shade will be perfect for you. It did not oxidize on my oily combo skin, which was amazing, because almost everything else does. There is only one shade available. This means that if you are any darker or you get a tan it will not be a great match for you unless you're planning to look deadly ill.

Packaging:

40 mils of product! Yay! The packaging is made of hard plastic feels a bit heavy in terms of the actual weight in your hand. This doesn't personally bother me as I only use it in the morning and do not carry it around. The pump means it's very hygienic. The downside is that you will inevitably waste some of the product as the pump will never pick up all of it.

Consistency: 5 out of 5

Very creamy, easy to blend and feels good on the skin. It's definitely a product oily/combo or normal skin and may cling to any prominent dry patches. I would not advise to use it instead of a moisturiser, but rather on top of it, instead of a foundation. It sets quicker than the other BB creams I have tried but still gives you enough 'working' time to blend it really well.

Coverage: 4 out of 5

I would say that it's 'light medium', buildable, but will not build up to more than a good medium. A tip: For more coverage pat it in instead of spreading it out. It is a cream after all! :)

Finish: 4 out of 5 (very subjective, depends what you like)

On my oily-combo skin it looked 'natural', even slightly on a dewy side. It is definitely not a typically dewy product. Make sure you moisturise well as if you have dryness in your skin it can accentuate this, look chalky and flaky. Once powdered it looked more demi-matte on me.

Longevity: 4 out of 5

On me it tends to last about 8 - 10 hours in the winter, 6 - 8 hours in the summer. This BB cream has been definitely made for those of us on a more oily side. I'm very oily and only the most long lasting products give me more than a few hours wear. This BB cream has been definitely more resilient than many 'long lasting' foundations I have used.

Claims:

'Good for the skin'

I can confirm it is for mine! One of the very few products that do not break me out or make my skin worse. I actually feel I have less pimples when I use it than when I don't. Love it!

Would I buy it again? I keep repurchasing it all the time.

on 5/20/2015 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

this stuff has great coverage, a little goes a long way. It doesn't oxidize, which I like. It seems to self-adjust to match you. Oil control is so-so, but a little blotting does not remove the product.

It makes my skin look flawless. I just started using this again after trying out some other products. I thought to myself, "why did you stop?"

Never again. I will use this BB cream as long as I can get it.

on 4/13/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great colour match for my pale, yellow-toned skin and the coverage is on the heavier side for a bb cream which I appreciate. However, this makes me break out terribly every time I use it! I've tried prepping the skin with various primers to stop so much product from sinking into my pores, I've tried triple cleansing to remove every last bit of it before bed, I've tried only wearing it for short periods of time to see if that makes any difference, but all to no avail. My skin just really, really doesn't like this stuff. As for the packaging, it's very hygienic and the price is really affordable considering that I had to get it shipped from Korea. Ah well!

on 11/5/2014 10:52:00 PM

This is more like a foundation than a bb cream. For some people it's good but I was expecting more bb cream effect.
The tone is good, not grey as most of them are.The coverage is medium but buildable. It feels a little heavy and sinks into my pores( without primer). It's not hydrating at all which I need currently. I know it actually oil control cream but I chose this one because the other skin 79 bb in the store were darker shades.
Make sure you moisterize your skin before applying this bb cream.
Overall I am disappointed. I wish I had bought a full size missha bb which is a winner in my eyes between these two creams. It's not for colder season and not for dry skin. There is 40g which is quite a lot and the packaging is cute but I am sad that there is another product in my make up stash that I will have hard time finishing up.
Pros: good coverage, suitable for yellow skin undertones, good packaging, a lot of product (40g).
Cons: not moisterizing, sinks into pores, feels heavy, not for very fair skin tones.