L.A. Girl Gel Glide Eyeliner Pencil

L.A. Girl Gel Glide Eyeliner Pencil
Gel Glide Eyeliner Pencil

4.4

Review of the black color
I have been using Rimmel Kohl eyeliner since I started wearing makeup (I'm more into tight lining rather than wings so I always buy koh and gell). For years no other drugstore kohl liners compared to Rimmel. Then recently I saw a Youtuber recommend the black one in her drugstore holy grail video so I gave this a try. I am SO impressed. I have purchased so many disappointing drugstore gel and kohl liners and this one is just a good as Rimmel and even cheaper. It glides on beautifully and lasts all day. I am seriously impressed that this has replaced Rimmel kohl holy grail status.

on 8/1/2018 1:21:00 PM

Seriously, why would you spend more on an eyeliner for everyday? This has really impressed me so far. I bought the Royal Blue and it makes my green eyes pop (also makes them look less tired due to allergies and computer fatigue) and it hasn't budged so far during some very hot weather days. I actually thought I had bought Almay, as these were right next to the display, but bought this my mistake. One of the best mistakes ever...! Can't wait to try more colors.

on 5/10/2018 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Did not love this, unfortunately...way too soft, smudges terribly. It’s so inexpensive I wish it worked for me! Won’t be repurchasing and can’t recommend. I have it in black, btw.

on 7/28/2016 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LA Girl is one of those brands that is kind of inconsistent. Some products are amazeballs and others are more of an eh. I do have a few cons about this pencil but for the most part, it kind of blew me away and I am still hoping to get a few more. I want to start with the fact that my eyes are not sensitive and don't react to product being put on them.

Details - I bought one shade, a true emerald shade. It is a pencil which surprised me as most gel pencils are a twisty contraption. This one needs to be sharpened like any other pencil. It may not get as sharp as I want it to but it provides amazing pigment payoff with very little effort and it stays FOREVER wherever you put it. Not much else to say about the make of the pencil as it is true to gel whilst being in a pencil. Its the wear that was most impressive.

Wear - I admit I bought one shade, so I may not truly know how each color performs. However, I often run into greens not staying a true green on my skin. Given my redness, my skin often neutralizes green and greens end up looking gold. Not this bad boy! It stayed emerald green no matter where I put it (eyes, eyelid, and lips- I tried to use it as a lipstick which wouldn't be impossible but is going to take some playing around to get it to sit comfortably). Next is it glides on like butter. It is so smooth and so pigmented I was ready to run out the door to buy more.

Longevity - this liner doesn't quit. I saw a review that suggested it sat a few hours. They must have some greasy eyeballs because I could barely get this thing off after a 15 hour day. AND, a friends daughter asked me to put it on and it stayed on her - through the night (I know, bad for the eye), through three hours of pool time and a full afternoon at the zoo. It was seriously still there 24 hours later and I know her Mom had to grab the makeup remover and do some wiping. I mean, how is this real life? Seriously people, this stuff will stay on THROUGH A NUCLEAR APOCALYPSE.

Quick note, this stuff dries really fast so work quickly or else what is done is done.

The con - the color range in this line isn't great. They had the typical white and black but everything else looked kind of boring. I want more!!! Maybe I am asking too much but I want Urban Decay grade range here. This liner is great for the price and I just don't want to be limited to like 5 colors only. I kind of sound like a greedy baby, but come on there are endless possibilities.

Price - I believe I spent like $4.50 max. Maybe less but not more than that. I have purchase $20+ gel liners that perform worse than this, so for the price, um amazing!!

Overall, I would really recommend this product and am looking forward to grabbing a few more when I can.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

In my quest to find a good drugstore pencil i came across the Milani liquid eye pencil and the LA Girl Gilde pencil. The milani one was good it didn't smudge and it's really black however it tends to fade in the waterline and is barely there by the end of the day. I had to take it around with me just so I could reapply which was not nice at all. Some of us don't like to carry makeup around. Anyways I recently purchased the LA Girl one in the shade very black, very black is not as black as milani's black pencil, it is smudge proof hallelujah, the formula is different compared to the milani one in that the LA Girl one is drier not in a bad way. It's just that the milani one practical glides very smoothly which I like. The LA Girl one applies well and its smooth too just not like the milani one how to put it...the milani one is creamier if that makes sense. However the la girl one is better because it didn't fade/dissappear in my waterline and that is where the la girl's drier less creamy formula trumps milani's. Phew!! That was long.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are the bomb!!! I have been on a long search for waterproof eyeliners FOREVER! I have black, royal blue, teal, and purple and they are all top notch. I bought them on Beautyjoint for 2.99. They are more expensive on L.A. Girl.com but they are worth it. These are better than my Tarte Smolder Eyes...they are 100% waterproof, made in Germany (where all the good liners come from). Of course, if you have oily eyelids you need to prime or dust with powder for them not to transfer. These are the best! 👍🏻

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love these range of liners.
Came across them by chance as I was looking for a new range in bright blue's, green's and purples (the only eyeliner and eye shadow colours I wear)

I was skeptical at first because they are only $5 each and buying them from the Pharmacy seems to me a strange place to buy makeup, but I'm a sucker for bold colours so my magpie eye only saw that and I took a chance.

I only bought two to begin with (the blue and purple) and I'm forever hooked. Now I have nearly all the range.They come with a simple lid and it's not flimsy so you can be sure it won't come off in the bottom of your handbag or anything. They do exactly what they're called and glide right on and stay bright for 12 hours plus or whenever you decide to take off your makeup. Incredibly, even if you suffer from oily lids like me, these will stay on GUARANTEED without eye primer on! Yes, it's hard to believe, but trust me they do! Exceptional eye liner for the price and colour range and best of all, ease of use. I highly recommend these to anyone whether you dig bright colours or not, there is a broad range there that everyone would love, even if it's just the black.

My only gripe however, is that I do notice a difference in texture after a couple of hours wear in the purple, if you tend to do a couple of thick layers, sometimes it can become SLIGHTLY flaky looking after six hours or so. It never flakes off, and only takes a touch up to get it back looking fresh again. The darker blue one (a dark teal rich blue) can almost be a little too creamy so a little goes a long way and I've found that you do need some help with a good eye primer for this one as it can smudge easily. But like the others I've used, it still lasts for hours and hours.

Highly recommend this range to everyone!

on 2/12/2015 11:56:00 AM

I loveee this product!! No need for tugging and very pigmented. Needs a few touch ups for hot days but definitely worth it. Easy to use!!

The packaging is super luxurious and I love that it's sharpenable and super pigmented, but as the day wears on I find that little black specks end up in other parts of my face and smears.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this liner. It glides on so smoothly and does not tug my eyelids at all. I use either brown or dark brown on a daily basis and have repurchased these colours multiple times. It usually stays put really nicely but sometimes at the end of a long day, a little bit can be found on the outer corner of my lower lashline (having migrated from the top lash line). However, this may have to do with my eyeshadow primer or something. Overall, I am very happy with this product and it is my HG eyeliner.