Soothing Touch - Lip Balm - Vanilla Chai

No Image

on 7/10/2015 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best lip balm I have used to date (except for maybe one made by the soap bar at the farmers market at Huntington Beach. This leaves my lips soft and protected feeling for at least 1/2 to 3/4 of the day. That is amazing to me. You should buy some if you see it!

on 6/10/2013 6:09:00 PM

If you're a chapstick freak looking for an awesome everyday balm, this is a great, safe choice. The scent is great and it keeps my lips moisturized, even if I don't use it for a few days.

I have a sneaking suspicion that some low quality chapsticks and balms make your lips seem soft, but actually dry your lips out quite a bit when you stop using the product. But when I've skipped a few days of using this Chai balm, my lips still feel very soft and healthy. That's what I think makes this a high quality balm.

on 6/10/2013 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Every now and then, I need to change up my lip products because it seems my lips get "immune" to the positive effects of certain products over time. For the last four years, I've been a faithful customer to Crazy Rumors, the creators of my HG lip balm. However, over the last two months, I find that even those beloved balms could not keep the scaliness and peeling at bay, no matter how much I exfoliated.
So my hunt for the perfect vegan lip balm recommenced. Any vegan can tell you that finding lip balms locally is really difficult, as many balms that are found in even natural food stores contain beeswax. I'm not big on ordering lip balm, since it seems ridiculous to pay almost as much for shipping as I would for the balm itself.
Anyway, I was able to find this Soothing Touch balm at one of the natural food stores in my state (it was still over an hour away), and I was pleased as punch to see "I'm Vegan!" in bold letters in the upper left corner of the label.
The tube is big - like the Badger balms. I like that. It's quite a lot of product, which for the price (about $5, comparable to the Crazy Rumors balms) means it's good value for money. You get .25 oz. versus the .15 you'd get out of most balms. So hooray! Inexpensive! And the swivel is quite firm, so it doesn't feel flimsy or easily breakable.
When I first applied it, I liked that it was a bit harder and not as slick as the Crazy Rumors. It left no shine behind and did not feel greasy at all. The finish is quite matte, which I enjoy over a glossy look, and it's very moisturizing. It also leaves behind a light, comfortable layer, which I find is great for protection from the elements.
And the smell. Oh my goodness. It's so yummy! It smells like a spicy, sweet vanilla cake. My fiance couldn't stop smelling my face, haha! It doesn't have much of a taste, but that's good because it'll be less tempting to lick my lips.
Over all, I'm in love. It's cheap, it smells great, and it does exactly what I need it to. Hopefully this will be my new HG for years to come.

Top Rated Lip Treatments