Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I do love this powder, it gives such a flawless but still not powdery look. This is unlike all powders I have tried so far. But the price is steep and I usually only buy this when I have some extra money to use on makeup. I recently bought Wet'n Wild's Reserve Your Cabana, which I think is a good dupe, but a little more drying. My best combo for the ALP is when I go Hourglass all the way - the No28 primer under the Illusion Skin Tint and finishing off with alp. Like magic!

on 11/7/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ahhhh I'm a sucker for Hourglass ambients after trying the Dim Infusion blush which was just stunning. SO finely milled, velvety, and luminescent, this powder just gives my skin such a natural finish. I'm mega pale so I actually use this almost like a finishing or setting powder - it really does seem to just blur out imperfections and gives such a stunning natural look - no glitter, no shine. My skin is super dry and I've been pleased that this does not come off chalky on my skin, nor do I look oily as the day goes on, however I have noticed that I need to apply strategically on particularly humid days as it can come off just a little too "glowy" in those circumstances.

As I said in my review for Dim Infusion, I do have a couple of (purely aesthetic) qualms:
Packaging - I'm not wild about it. It looks sleek, the clasp is secure, but it's plastic and (to me) it feels a bit light and cheap... I'd expect the packaging to somewhat reflect the price, and I don't feel like it does. Also, I don't like how the powder is deeply recessed into the pan - I feel like when I get close to finishing it off it's going to be a pain to use...
Price wise, it's not cheap, but not extortionate when you consider that you don't actually need to use much at a time - I can see this lasting me quite a while even with daily use. Overall I absolutely love this powder though, and will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I was fully prepared to hate this, and honestly hoped I would. The price on this is so high for what it is! But I absolutely love it.

I am not sure I buy into the hype about it making your skin "glow" but I do think it works well for certain things.

I have fair, cool toned skin. (NW10-15) My biggest issues are redness and dry skin. This powder has worked better for me than anything I have ever tried. The slight yellow tone neutralizes the redness in my skin very nicely. It neutralizes the pink without looking unnatural or giving me a yellow tint. It is very subtle, but I see an immediate difference after I apply it.

It is not drying. A lot of finishing powders tend to dry out my already dry skin. I think if you have oily skin or need oil control, you might need to layer this with a different powder.

I watched a youtube review, and they had said to apply it in downward strokes. This has worked very well for me, and is how I apply it.

The packaging should be better, especially at this price point. It is sort of clumsy to open.

on 1/22/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got all six shades and I will review them individually and as a whole in the main review for these powders. This shade is described as neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.This is one of my least favorites, along with Ethereal Light because I think it's too light and yellow as a setting powder and too matte for a highlight. Plus, I think it's easily dupe-able.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

For me, this product suffers from over hype. It's a lovely powder, very finely milled and great for using all over my face to set my foundation, even under the eyes to set concealer. But it's a very basic product. No bells and whistles. It imparts no glow or unique finish. It doesn't do anything that a straight up setting powder wouldn't do.

The packaging is very functional, but nothing superb. The product is baked, so it can be prone to breaking off and then it just sort of bounces around inside of the packaging.

This is a nice product, but there is nothing unique enough about it to justify the price tag, imo.