Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

4.8

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 6/21/2018 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So 4 or 5 years ago I purchased Dim Light. I made my skin look fabulous, finish wise,but something was just off. It lasted 5 years for me because I didn't use it everyday, especially when my skin was dry in winter.

I just finished it and also finally figured what was slightly off. It was making me look slightly bronzed. Not obvious at all, but to me I noticed it once I figured it out. I am light skinned with cooler undertones....nothing bronze will work on me.

So when I went to get a replacement for Dim, the SA at Sephora suggested Diffused. At first I was thinking no way, once she leaves I'm picking up a different one! It looked so yellow in the store. But, she said it would be suited to my pink undertones. So, I figured I would try it out. Looked great on in the store, but the true test would be in other lighting. I bought it anyway because I knew I could just return it if I hated it.

So I got in the car. Looking good! The end of the day....still looking good! The best of all is that it is not yellow in real life...more of an ivory with just a tiny hint of butter yellow, but mostly what I would call a deeper ivory?

Anyway, I love it. Skin looks great. I don't wear foundation on most of my face (just two small areas really), and I just use primer and this, spray on the old setting spray, and my skin looks great all day.

Cool toned gals....don't let the yellow scare you off. It really looks great with cooler toned skin.

It's probably all in my head but when I look in the mirror, I look like one of those Instagram girls, but without all the fancy stuff they use to look flawless. I also look older than those Instagram girls, well, because I am older.....but my skin looks great.

on 10/15/2017 3:45:00 PM

Marvelous product. I use it as a setting powder. Gives my face a subtle glow without being sparkly, blurs pores and small wrinkles, tones down redness. Looks good for hours on both oily and dry areas of my combination facial skin. I absolutely hate most Hourglass products but this one is a winner. I hope they never discontinue this!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an absolute HG for me, and one of the few products that I have hit pan on and will absolutely repurchase. In the pan and swatched, this powder looks like it does nothing. When the original Ambient Light powders were first launched, people were pretty confused about the hype surrounding them since they really don't seem to do a lot. I was one of those people, but I decided to bite the bullet and see what it was all about. While I was skeptical, I found that on the skin this product really is magical. I am quite fair with neutral-leaning-warm undertones, and Diffused Light is absolutely the right shade of this powder for my skin tone. I use this as a finishing powder after all of my other makeup is applied (my last step before setting spray) and it gives my skin a soft, glowy finish. I have a lot of issues with my skin, and while this powder isn't some miracle Snapchat filter IRL, it does absolutely make my skin look a whole heck of a lot better. The packaging is nice, and I am glad that the regular full size of the product lasted a really long time to offset the kind of high price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have had this powder for almost two years, have used it basically every single time to set my undereye concealer and sometimes the rest of my face depending on how much makeup I'm wearing, and am just now almost finishing it up. I have hit pan on basically the whole center of the product and am finishing up the outer edges now. It has become my HG setting powder and I absolutely will be repurchasing very soon.

I've never found anything that comes close to the formula of these Hourglass powders. This powder provides the most beautiful, soft-focus, filter-like blurring effect where I apply it. It looks imperceptible on the skin, not powdery or cakey at all. This soft yellow colour is perfect for setting my undereye area as I have brownish/purplish circles, and yellow works better than any other colour for this on me, it truly gives a "diffused look". I am also very breakout and clog prone and this powder has never broken me out.

Yes, this product is expensive but it is absolutely worth it to me because of the unique formula, sturdy packaging and how long it lasts. I use it every single time to set my undereyes, and when I do a full face of makeup I don't feel I look complete without a dusting of this powder to pull my whole look together. I think some people expect this to be a highlighting product and are disappointed when it doesn't work that way, but this is really best used as a setting powder. I'd definitely recommend this to people looking for a very natural and soft-focus setting powder, especially diffused light for setting the undereye area.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I do love this powder, it gives such a flawless but still not powdery look. This is unlike all powders I have tried so far. But the price is steep and I usually only buy this when I have some extra money to use on makeup. I recently bought Wet'n Wild's Reserve Your Cabana, which I think is a good dupe, but a little more drying. My best combo for the ALP is when I go Hourglass all the way - the No28 primer under the Illusion Skin Tint and finishing off with alp. Like magic!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This powder is absolutely HG stuff. I use it as an all over powder. It gives a subtle glow that looks pretty in every light. Too much can make you look a bit dry so use a light dusting! I go through a fair few of these a year- definitely definitely worth the price! Packing is pretty as with all hourglass products. Best powder i have ever used and I will continue to use it over and over again.

on 2/12/2016 10:40:00 AM

Holy grail setting powder if you want to stay dewy/glowing but need some powder to set areas.

Brilliant under the eyes to brighten in a subtle way. I find it blurs and brings your makeup together, really flattering.

There are the tiniest bits of shimmer in this powder but you can only see it if you are really really up close in the direct light. I think this one is the most natural and least shimmery of all the ambient lighting powders.

I would just note that this is a setting powder and not a highlighter. You can use it as one but it is very subtle. If you want a natural highlighter I would go for becca shimmering skin perfector liquid right after your foundation and use this powder as you would normally use your powders to set your makeup.

on 12/15/2015 5:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love this in Diffused Light!... it gives your skin such a subtle natural glow... I'm very pale and I got the Dim Light that everyone talks about in a palette, but it was way too orangey and dark.. it showed up patchy on my chin..... this is fantastic for all over, it looks so dewy. I use it lastly in my make up routine with a light feathery brush :-)

on 11/7/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ahhhh I'm a sucker for Hourglass ambients after trying the Dim Infusion blush which was just stunning. SO finely milled, velvety, and luminescent, this powder just gives my skin such a natural finish. I'm mega pale so I actually use this almost like a finishing or setting powder - it really does seem to just blur out imperfections and gives such a stunning natural look - no glitter, no shine. My skin is super dry and I've been pleased that this does not come off chalky on my skin, nor do I look oily as the day goes on, however I have noticed that I need to apply strategically on particularly humid days as it can come off just a little too "glowy" in those circumstances.

As I said in my review for Dim Infusion, I do have a couple of (purely aesthetic) qualms:
Packaging - I'm not wild about it. It looks sleek, the clasp is secure, but it's plastic and (to me) it feels a bit light and cheap... I'd expect the packaging to somewhat reflect the price, and I don't feel like it does. Also, I don't like how the powder is deeply recessed into the pan - I feel like when I get close to finishing it off it's going to be a pain to use...
Price wise, it's not cheap, but not extortionate when you consider that you don't actually need to use much at a time - I can see this lasting me quite a while even with daily use. Overall I absolutely love this powder though, and will definitely repurchase!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a truly lovely powder. It imparts a subtle glow and I found it buildable without being cakey. No glitter chunks here, just a slight pearly shimmer that looks natural and pretty. The powder is very fine and velvety, and a little goes a long way. Under strong direct light or sun, I can see the shimmer particles, though they are very small and not at all apt to make me look like I've escaped the set of an 80's music video.

The light yellow shade is perfect for my very pale, warm-toned skin, and it looks warm without being too golden or ghostly. I can't see even a hint of pink or orange in this powder, and the dewy look it gives isn't chalky or even particularly powdery looking.

My sensitive skin doesn't have any complaints about this product after several weeks of almost-daily use. It's too sheer to provide any real color correction, but I do find that it provides an extra little boost toward neutralizing my rosacea redness, which is always a good thing.

For me, the only drawback to this powder (other than the price, which makes it a beauty splurge) is that it can end up making even the oilier areas of my combo skin look dry if I'm layering it for extra glow. The line between giving myself a youthful dewiness or looking fragile and aged beyond my years is a very fine one ideed with this product, so I'm limited to using a light hand when applying. Since it has such a hefty price tag, that's probably a good thing.

I love how glowy Diffused Light makes my skin. It really does give a diffused soft-focus finish, like you're sitting under fairy lights that have been swathed in tulle, exactly as it promises. Who doesn't like kept promises? I bought mine over a month ago and I've hardly made a dent in it despite using it most days for finishing and touchups, so that's a plus.

I'm happy to say that this product has earned a permanent spot in my makeup kit, I'll definitely purchase this again.