Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

Filtered by age: 30-35
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light
Ambient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused LightAmbient Lighting Powder - Diffused Light

4.1

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 7/28/2017 2:45:00 AM

Okay so this is an amazing powder. It can be used as a setting powder, but because I have oily skin I use it as a finishing powder on days I want a glow from within look. I absolutely love all the colours but this one drew me in.

The powder is finely milled and the shimmer in it looks more like a beautiful glow and not glitter all over. I do find that the quantity you get for the price is exceptionally high so I tend to use it sparingly. I love to add this on no make up makeup days.

I have recently come across the Physicians Formula Illuminating Youth Boost translucent illuminating powder and find that this may perform similar to this powder. It is translucent so no wash of colour but a similar sheen to the face. Love the product anyway.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an absolute HG for me, and one of the few products that I have hit pan on and will absolutely repurchase. In the pan and swatched, this powder looks like it does nothing. When the original Ambient Light powders were first launched, people were pretty confused about the hype surrounding them since they really don't seem to do a lot. I was one of those people, but I decided to bite the bullet and see what it was all about. While I was skeptical, I found that on the skin this product really is magical. I am quite fair with neutral-leaning-warm undertones, and Diffused Light is absolutely the right shade of this powder for my skin tone. I use this as a finishing powder after all of my other makeup is applied (my last step before setting spray) and it gives my skin a soft, glowy finish. I have a lot of issues with my skin, and while this powder isn't some miracle Snapchat filter IRL, it does absolutely make my skin look a whole heck of a lot better. The packaging is nice, and I am glad that the regular full size of the product lasted a really long time to offset the kind of high price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is like magic. It perfectly blurs and reflects light the way a powder should. A little goes a long way. Too much and it runs the risk of chalky. But the texture when applied in small does is gorgeous. It reflects light without obvious glitter-bomb. The color is slightly off yellow, making it suitable for a range of fair/light skinned people. It really is lovely.

on 9/17/2015 12:17:00 PM

Absolutely in love. Am planning to stock up on heaps of it in case they ever discontinue this glorious powder.

I usually use this powder with Rimmel's Match Perfection and thought the result was great, but I just purchased NARS Sheer Glow and WOWZER - my skin looks flawless with Ambient Lighting on top the Sheer Glow! So, so impressed.

My face does look a bit cakey though (this didn't happen with the Match Perfection) but I just ordered Fix+ online today, so hopefully this will get rid of the cakey look.

I don't use a primer as I find my foundation doesn't apply/stay as well - so I just moisturise my face, apply my foundation & concealer, then using a small Real Techniques brush I press this powder under and around my eyes, then with a bigger Real Techniques brush I press the powder into the rest of my face. Takes any shine or dewiness completely off, but my face doesn't look too matte - ugh! I just love it.

Ambient Lighting is pretty expensive (I think I paid $70 in Australia), but you do get a lot of product and it is worth it for the result it gives. I want to try all the other powders in the range!

LOVE LOVE LOVE - highly recommended!

on 9/16/2014 1:45:00 PM

a nice setting powder. paraben free. fragrance free. pale yellow undertone. super duper fine "shimmer" that blurs into a diffused light, just like the name says. you get a lot of product in the plastic square compact. All in all I like it and use it for setting my under eye concealer and also as a wash for eyelids. However it does not mattify like other setting powders and although it is translucent the diffused light brightens which leaves my face lighter than my neck, which for me is pro for highlighting but a con for all over the face dusting.

on 6/3/2014 6:55:00 AM

I have been looking for a product to blur out my dark circles and I found what I was looking for in Diffused Light. With a little eye brightener concealer and this powder to set, by dark circles vanished. My eyes look bright and awake. Love this stuff, definitely won't leave the house without this on!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I was fully prepared to hate this, and honestly hoped I would. The price on this is so high for what it is! But I absolutely love it.

I am not sure I buy into the hype about it making your skin "glow" but I do think it works well for certain things.

I have fair, cool toned skin. (NW10-15) My biggest issues are redness and dry skin. This powder has worked better for me than anything I have ever tried. The slight yellow tone neutralizes the redness in my skin very nicely. It neutralizes the pink without looking unnatural or giving me a yellow tint. It is very subtle, but I see an immediate difference after I apply it.

It is not drying. A lot of finishing powders tend to dry out my already dry skin. I think if you have oily skin or need oil control, you might need to layer this with a different powder.

I watched a youtube review, and they had said to apply it in downward strokes. This has worked very well for me, and is how I apply it.

The packaging should be better, especially at this price point. It is sort of clumsy to open.

I was stuck between this and Dim Light. I did a ton of research before I purchased this to hopefully ensure my happiness with this product. I for once actually wanted something more subtle, but yet looked like I did something to my skin. For me I'm fair NW15 about now with some redness and no acne, so my skin is in pretty good shape ATM. I liked how this said it would give the skin "clarity" minimize redness, and control shine while giving you a sunlit type glow. So it sounded pretty good to me so I pulled the trigger. Well, I must say this actually works very well! I use this as my final step in my makeup and it truly makes my skin look better. It gives it a glow that no other finishing powder has done for me.

I apply this with my MAC 187 and so far that has been excellent in enabling me to really buff it in, which is key I find. I use a very light foundation like Mufe F&B or a BB Cream only using one layer. I then do my eye mu and blush. I haven't been using setting powder as of late because my skin has been on the dry side so I use the Diffused Light to finish and gah it just makes my skin look so much better! My friend even said you look so pretty and it was only this and minimal MU. So, I can really say in my case this does give my skin more clarity and a very nice subtle glow.

There is no shimmer in this when you swatch it, it just looks like a yellowish pearl on your finger. On the face though if you buff it in it just makes your skin look fantastic in any light. I especially enjoyed that I didn't look hideous in fluorescent lighting.:) It comes in a nice sleek compact with a good size mirror. You also get 10 grams of product. I find if you use a brush that buffs the product in it doesn't kick up any powder at all for me. Is it worth the hype? I have to say yes, because it has done something to my skin that no finishing powder has ever done. It will make the light reflect off your face differently therefore giving you a softer look.

It does neutralize shine but it does not control oil or anything. I find as the day goes on and this melts into my skin the better my skin looked. My eyes looked brighter and stood out more and my light redness around my nose and chin was not noticeable. It just looked like smooth clarified skin. I tried it on my friend and it made her freckles look more soft focused. She couldn't believe how this did that. Imo it does what it says so I'm stoked! I would repurchase and want Dim Light next. I'm really enjoying this and for the Spring/Summer it's going to be excellent to have for going out. I personally will not buy the brush my 187 works fine, but I'd be a liar to say I'm not thinking about it;)
Amazing finishing powder I'm so happy to have it in my arsenal. Recommended!

on 5/24/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am reviewing the Ambient Light - Diffused Light version.

I have sensitive/dehydrated skin and a very light skin tone. I absolutely love this setting powder and currently it seems my favourite as I tend to grab this one most of the time.
It is not white, but a very very very light yellowish tone with some super finely milled shimmer particles that dont look like shimmer and are not visible, but instead give you a very flawless and "glowy/radiant" look. In fact on most days, I just add a little concealer with this powder on top and completely skin the foundation.
One tiny tiny minus is that there is (like with most brands) no brush in the compact so I need to carry a separate one.
I also like that this brand does NOT include parabens, phthalates, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, GMOs, Triclosan, and nanoparticles.

So... This is my favorite of all the ambient lighting powders. For reference, I am Filipina with medium skin tone. I am 3W1 (Tawny) in Estée Lauder Double wear and Cut as a bunny Honey in Benefit.

I also own the ambient trio (Radiant, Incandescent and Dim). I initially used the palette as finishing powder, highlighter and bronzer. However, the colors oxidized later during the day and my face looked much darker and shinier. Also, my face looked really aged in photos!

Anyway, back to Diffused Light. This is the perfect finishing powder because it is almost clear and does not impart shine. However, it still blurs out my imperfections and brightens my skin tone without changing the color of my foundation.